Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Descriptions 101

Ever had trouble trying to describe a particular sound, taste, smell, touch, or sight? Well post your questions here and other writers are allowed to answer what they've used in those situations!

I actually have a question myself so if anyone could answer, much appreciated. I was wondering how one would describe the taste of poison. Like, I've heard it is bitter in some cases but sweet in others. However, with the poison i plan to use (hemlock) no one has lived to say what it tastes like. So I wondering, what do you guys think hemlock tastes like? Is it sweet? Or maybe metallic? What are your thoughts?

I don't have any questions myself, but as for your question I've done a little bit of research for you! Also, this is a great idea for a discussion thread!
    Wild carrot has a carrot-like taste and smell while poison hemlock tastes somewhat like parsnip and has a mouse-like smell.
    From the following site: http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/weed...ord.asp?id=550

Pretty sure other sources have remained pretty consistent, but I'll edit this post if I find an inconsistency. Most seem to agree that accounts are very possible, since the death caused by the poison isn't instantaneous.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Thank you. I Look where I can but a lot of places just give stupid vague answers like oh it's bitter or something. This is great for the specifics. Thank you. And if you have any questions in the future just post here.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

A mouse-like smell?! That's so weird. xD
    GCEA

Hmm but then again every person's tastebuds receive sensations differently. So you could just really make up your own taste of the poison. Or maybe your character doesn't taste anything because the poison has a numbing effect? Or they died too quickly xD

6. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Speed-X answered this pretty well. And Sarah, I'm wondering how many people would actually know what mice smell like. I've had pet mice, but I don't imagine it as a smell the average person would easily recognize. xD

I don't have any questions at the moment but I occasionally really get stuck on how to describe something so this is a great idea for a thread, and I'm sure I'll be using it to ask questions in the future.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah a thread I made is somewhat popular! And yes like I said please ask any questions if you get stuck! All of us can try to answer them to the best of our ability!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

We should also expand this thread's scope to include lore, history, and whatever fields of research the writers would require for worldbuilding, etc. I'm pretty sure there are a few history/mythology buffs among us. Or writers who've done the same kind of research. :D

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah. Anything a person wants background on or just in general needs help on can use this thread.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ok, I need help again with some research. I've been looking but I can't find what I'm looking for. Granted I'm not the best research but more than just one person looking ups the odds of us finding something.

Ok so for a story my friends and I are working on, we plan to have a scene where this person who is usually immortal (she's the persona of life) gets stabbed. She immediately begins to age as her immortality spell wears off. However, the blade/dagger/sword she gets stabbed with is a very specific one that I've heard of before but can't remember the name of. That's where I need help. This weapon is from some mythology (Greek seems to be the most likely candidate since it's by far the one I've done the most research in) that if a person is even so much as cut by it, they'll die instantly. I need to know what weapon that is or at least the name of it.
    / / / / / / / /