Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I mean I know what pi is, but I didn't realise there was a pi day! XD Also lol doesn't work for Australians. That would be the third day of the fourteenth month ahaha. Which I guess could technically be February? So hey, pi day has long passed for us. B)

I do love how that's a tradition for you though. XD
    Yeah it's because we do month then day. People who do day then month don't get to celebrate because there's no April 31 unfortunately.

But yeah it's a thing in America!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Some art from the past week.

Digital OC art:
    Spoiler:

Some drawing from memory practice:
    Spoiler:

The lined sketch I did for Pass it On:
    Spoiler:
    / / / / / / / /

Suiiiiiicuuuuuuuuuune! Nice job with the sketches, Sloaney! I quite like the grovyle and also the kricketune. XD I like the fire guy as well! :D (Alolan Marowak gijinka?)

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Suiiiiiicuuuuuuuuuune! Nice job with the sketches, Sloaney! I quite like the grovyle and also the kricketune. XD I like the fire guy as well! :D (Alolan Marowak gijinka?)
    Suicune is so hard to draw omg. It's even worse without a ref aghhhh. Thank you though! The kricketune I think is the furthest from its original design of the group. And that's Hugo! He's an OC of mine. Not technically an Alolan Marowak gijinka but if he was a pokemon that is the pokemon he'd be! He's a fire dancer due to his power being sound based fire.
    / / / / / / / /

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    These are awesome! I love the pose you drew sableye in; it's unique and cool. Hugo looks awesome too. :D

Senior Moderator

Yo, that lineart of the Chika line is mint. All of these are awesome, keep up the awesomeness.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Yo, that lineart of the Chika line is mint. All of these are awesome, keep up the awesomeness.
    Thank ya! I hope the pass it on thread gives me lots of good lining practice because lord knows I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    These are awesome! I love the pose you drew sableye in; it's unique and cool. Hugo looks awesome too. :D
    Thanks! My brain was just in a creepy mood I suppose. And thank you! He's a good boy!
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Suicune is so hard to draw omg. It's even worse without a ref aghhhh. Thank you though! The kricketune I think is the furthest from its original design of the group. And that's Hugo! He's an OC of mine. Not technically an Alolan Marowak gijinka but if he was a pokemon that is the pokemon he'd be! He's a fire dancer due to his power being sound based fire.
    You drew that suicune without a reference?? That's pretty impressive. Mine would be like a puddle with hair. *reads the text before the spoiler* Ahhh they're all from memory! Wow. My memory is not that good. XD Oh awesome! Sound based fire? Is that a thing?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

You drew that suicune without a reference?? That's pretty impressive. Mine would be like a puddle with hair. *reads the text before the spoiler* Ahhh they're all from memory! Wow. My memory is not that good. XD Oh awesome! Sound based fire? Is that a thing?
    Yeah I'm actually surprised I remembered as many as I did (I had a friend sending me just the names so it was a test). I think the main reason I remembered it so well is because I recently had a debate with someone on if it's a leopard or a cheetah (hint it's probably a mix of both).

So sound based fire isn't really a thing but it's based in real science on the concept of friction and sound! So friction, as you may or may not know, occurs when molecules of differing surfaces hit each other, creating a force between them. This also generates heat if there's continual movement because of kinetic energy. It's why rubbing your hands together in the winter creates warmth. With the right materials this can create fire, ergo matches and kindling. Now sound is caused by vibrations in the air, specifically when one molecule starts to vibrate the others around it start to do so too, creating sound. Lots of things can cause sound, not just friction, but friction is one cause. The most notable example is insect noises, where they cause noises by moving parts of their body so quickly, they heat up the molecules around them causing them to vibrate. This is most common in like katydids and crickets. There's even been studies of people dousing flames with low frequency sounds. So I figured why wouldn't high frequency sounds cause the opposite, that seems like a cool power.

Either way, essentially what this guy's power is, he produces sound waves that while they don't sound different to the human ear, they vibrate at a higher frequency the louder his actions are causing him to shoot off sparks or flames if he's too loud. I figured it'd be a unique interpretation on the classic fire wielder power set.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

/ / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by:

AD