Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I loved Conquest but I don't remember any of the human characters XD Still, a human Mimikyu is a cool idea. Pretty scary though! o_o

I really like that Lucario! There's something about the angle of the face that makes it look really 3D. Like I can see the snout there and the neck stitches really make the head look round. It's really cute too! One of my faves so far I reckon! :D
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I loved Conquest but I don't remember any of the human characters XD Still, a human Mimikyu is a cool idea. Pretty scary though! o_o

I really like that Lucario! There's something about the angle of the face that makes it look really 3D. Like I can see the snout there and the neck stitches really make the head look round. It's really cute too! One of my faves so far I reckon! :D
    Ranmaru was the character that was like extremely loyal to Nobunaga and commonly used the Dratini line. He's also the one that looks a lot like a girl and while I'm not sure if that part is accurate to Japanese history, Ranmaru's relationship with Nobunaga is depicted quite well, probably as best as it could be without crossing outside of the E rating. Ranmaru is probably most famous for being so loyal to Nobunaga that when Nobunaga was overthrown and killed, Ranmaru committed seppuku, and is probably one of the most famous cases of such. It's often implied through many historical texts that their relationship was a bit more than platonic.

The plus side of doing a pokemon like lucario is that unlike dewgong or guzzlord there's a lot of references for mimikyu version of said pokemon out there so I had some good references to rely on when making it look all 3-D ish.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

3. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ranmaru was the character that was like extremely loyal to Nobunaga and commonly used the Dratini line. He's also the one that looks a lot like a girl and while I'm not sure if that part is accurate to Japanese history, Ranmaru's relationship with Nobunaga is depicted quite well, probably as best as it could be without crossing outside of the E rating. Ranmaru is probably most famous for being so loyal to Nobunaga that when Nobunaga was overthrown and killed, Ranmaru committed seppuku, and is probably one of the most famous cases of such. It's often implied through many historical texts that their relationship was a bit more than platonic.

The plus side of doing a pokemon like lucario is that unlike dewgong or guzzlord there's a lot of references for mimikyu version of said pokemon out there so I had some good references to rely on when making it look all 3-D ish.
    I didn't even know that Conquest was based on real historical events. XD Wow, that's cool!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I didn't even know that Conquest was based on real historical events. XD Wow, that's cool!
    Oh hugely so. So you know how Pokkén is a collaboration between the game series Pokémon and Tekken? Pokémon conquest is the same way. It's a collaboration between the series of Pokémon and Samurai Warriors. And since all the characters from Samurai Warriors are based on real people, so are the characters from Pokémon Conquest. In fact, as far as I can tell, except for the hero character, every character is named after real Japanese people during that time. Just go look on bulbapedia for evidence. In fact, the male hero character is even based a guy named Azai Nagamasa, aka Oichi's (the girl with the jigglypuff at the beginning) husband! It's hugely based on true historical events. Hideyoshi, the warlord of the fire kingdom, his partner isn't chimchar for no reason, he's often associated and represented as a monkey in Japanese history and folktales. In edition, his taking over Ransei episode is based on his takeover of Japan, and is why he's the only other character to have a Rank III other than the hero character. Nobunaga is often represented as a dragon (or a bird) hence why his perfect links are all dragons and even more so that one of them is dragon/flying. Mitsuhide also has an episode where he takes over Ransei because he doesn't like Nobunaga's methods of doing things and that's more or less the same reason he overthrew Nobunaga in real life.
    / / / / / / / /

6. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Oh hugely so. So you know how Pokkén is a collaboration between the game series Pokémon and Tekken? Pokémon conquest is the same way. It's a collaboration between the series of Pokémon and Samurai Warriors. And since all the characters from Samurai Warriors are based on real people, so are the characters from Pokémon Conquest. In fact, as far as I can tell, except for the hero character, every character is named after real Japanese people during that time. Just go look on bulbapedia for evidence. In fact, the male hero character is even based a guy named Azai Nagamasa, aka Oichi's (the girl with the jigglypuff at the beginning) husband! It's hugely based on true historical events. Hideyoshi, the warlord of the fire kingdom, his partner isn't chimchar for no reason, he's often associated and represented as a monkey in Japanese history and folktales. In edition, his taking over Ransei episode is based on his takeover of Japan, and is why he's the only other character to have a Rank III other than the hero character. Nobunaga is often represented as a dragon (or a bird) hence why his perfect links are all dragons and even more so that one of them is dragon/flying. Mitsuhide also has an episode where he takes over Ransei because he doesn't like Nobunaga's methods of doing things and that's more or less the same reason he overthrew Nobunaga in real life.
    Wow there you go! :O That was really interesting xD Thanks!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Wow there you go! :O That was really interesting xD Thanks!
    I could go on because there's plenty more examples, but that's one of the reasons I love Pokémon Conquest. It's a great homage to japanese history.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Welcome to Mimikyu Mondays! This week... Rattata and Alolan Rattata! More specifically, Detective Knash and Cosa Nostra from my DPS: Rattata story! I had a lot of fun drawing these and trying to personify the two characters into their Mimikyu costumes! I hope you guys like them!

And if you haven't checked out that DPS yet here's a link: fav.me/dav6ms7
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Happy Mimikyu Mondays! This week... it's myself and my Wednesday update buddy, Neksu! We're wearing shades because we're cool like that. I think for my first time drawing a Braxien mimikyu this turned out quite well. If you haven't checked out his comic, PMD: Adventures of Might and Magic, I highly recommend it.
    / / / / / / / /

The glasses add some real style to this piece !! :)

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    The glasses add some real style to this piece !! :)
    Thanks! I thought it would be a nice touch. I'm glad it turned out well.
    / / / / / / / /