Administrator

Valentine's Day gift for a friend:

/ / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Some fanart for the comic STLE. Y'all should check it out.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Bit of worldbuilding as filler while I work on pages for Lucky Travels. Gonna put it in spoiler tags so you can read it if you want.

Spoiler:
    For the most part, gijinkas are limited in where they can live due to their typings. Ice types stick to the northern regions mostly and fire types are most prevalent in the desert areas of Phaydin as well on the northern most island due to its large amount of hot springs. There are, however, three types that can be found everywhere on the island due to their ability to adapt to every environment. These are grass, normal, and flying types.

Today we’ll focus on the grass types. Grass types are separated into three groups: Tropical, Forest, and Tundra.

Tropical grass types tend to be more yellow in color scheme to blend with the sand. Their leaves are waxy, perforated, and curvier as well. They have a medium build and are either diurnal if they live close to beaches or nocturnal if they live in the deserts. Tropical grass types tend to have an even balance of using photosynthesis and eating. Tropical Bayleefs, for example, are omnivorous. They mostly use photosynthesis and eat plants, but due to the sun’s intensity in their regions cause a great risk for burns on the bodies and leaves, they have to store up food for when they take refuge in caves and such during the more intense times of the year. This causes them to delve into their more carnivorous side if there is a shortage of plants. Isaiah is a Coastal Tropical Bayleef.

Forest grass types tend to be much greener in color scheme to blend in with the thick foliage. Their leaves and plant appendages are the largest of the three types, resulting in them barely needing to eat due to their heavy reliance on photosynthesis. In addition, size wise they’re overall the smallest and are typically always diurnal. In the case of Forest Bayleefs, they are solely herbivores but also don’t need to eat all that much because their huge leaves allow for them to photosynthesize quite a bit. They’re also the most agile and stealthy of their species, as well as the most common. They also sometimes referred to as “Jungle Mons”, but this is typically used as an insult and is not well received by forest grass types. Isaiah’s mother, Ivy, is a Forest Bayleef.

Tundra grass types tend to be lighter blues and greens in color to blend with the ice and snow around them. Their leaves and plant appendages are the smallest of their counterparts in order to prevent excessive use of energy from the overall lack of photosynthesis in their region. By contrast, they have the largest build due to the need to produce more body heat. Due to them not being able to rely on photosynthesis much, almost all Tundra grass types are omnivores. Tundra bayleefs will eat lichens and moss, etc, but also use their longer tails to fish like a slowpoke. It’s not very long though so they generally can only catch the fish closer to the surface. Isaiah’s cousin, Ivan, is a Tundra bayleef.
    / / / / / / / /

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Those bayleef variations are awesome. I love the worldbuilding you included with them. I love when people come up with these sorts of things for pokemon!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Those bayleef variations are awesome. I love the worldbuilding you included with them. I love when people come up with these sorts of things for pokemon!
    Thank you! For the most part in Lucky Travels, the types are relatively locked to certain regions, so when they eventually became gijinkas while they could move to other areas, they used clothing and such to adapt! Only three types actually proved to evolve and adapt to live across the entire region prior to becoming gijinkas: Grass, Normal, and Flying. I hope to do ones for the normal and flying types soon, but we'll see what time allows.
    / / / / / / / /

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

A piplup:

A froslass:
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nintendo Direct spoilers:

Spoiler:

HI I NEED TEN OF EACH OF THESE NOW
    / / / / / / / /

10. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I LOVE THIS! You drew them so adorably.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I LOVE THIS! You drew them so adorably.
    Thank you! I plan to draw them a lot more in the future that's for sure.
    / / / / / / / /

13. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nintendo Direct spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    You people are fools to think that I wouldn't make a main character out of one of these new starters.

Meet Brynn, the transfemale mechanic for the guild Lucky works at.

/ / / / / / / /

15. This post has been liked by: