Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Pokemon Trainer
    Right now? I'm playing nothing.

In the last couple years? I've had an on-and-off relationship with Diablo 3. Ultimately, the amount of power/stat inflation drove me away from the game, and I probably won't ever grind it as much as I once did. In my mind, there's little point to doing anything aside from starting afresh each season and going all-out for a couple weeks, as all the gear one acquires gets antiquated by the next season (within 3-6 months). I (sometimes) try out the new content after a major patch but I don't stay around, these days.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dratini View Post
    Right now? I'm playing nothing.

In the last couple years? I've had an on-and-off relationship with Diablo 3. Ultimately, the amount of power/stat inflation drove me away from the game, and I probably won't ever grind it as much as I once did. In my mind, there's little point to doing anything aside from starting afresh each season and going all-out for a couple weeks, as all the gear one acquires gets antiquated by the next season (within 3-6 months). I (sometimes) try out the new content after a major patch but I don't stay around, these days.
    Main reason I stopped playing Diablo 3 was because playing the main storyline over and over again just got really dry. It was great the first time, good the second time, but after that, I wasn't really finding the replay value in doing everything over again with just the enemies being harder and harder. But it was great for a nice, long while at least.

Pokemon Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Main reason I stopped playing Diablo 3 was because playing the main storyline over and over again just got really dry. It was great the first time, good the second time, but after that, I wasn't really finding the replay value in doing everything over again with just the enemies being harder and harder. But it was great for a nice, long while at least.
    Ah, that problem has actually been solved. Nobody (absolutely nobody, no exaggeration) plays the main storyline anymore. The developers significantly improved the "adventure mode", so everybody plays Rifts, Greater Rifts, and Bounties.

Rifts are randomized dungeons with increased density, greater rewards, some cool "power shrines," and a randomized boss called a rift guardian.
    Bounties take place on the wold map, but they don't involve the story. There are sets of five quests which you do, and then you get a bounty reward (which has been increased in value recently, so it's actually worthwhile).
    Greater Rifts are competitive, and there are leaderboards. They are like a Rift, but dying has a (slightly) higher penalty (in non-hardcore) and no items drop at all until the very end. These aren't good for material farming, but they're the most challenging mode of play once you get past Torment X (I'm not sure you were playing when the Torment system got implemented, but essentially there are 14 or 15 different levels of play you can choose from now).

There's also some other cool features, like each season has Conquests which people aim to complete before anyone else. Also, there's random other things to do like hunting Treasure Goblins (which have a chance to spawn Greed's Realm [A dungeon outside the main world which is good for gold farming].)

I'd actually strongly recommend playing, if you're into the type of game but got discouraged by some of the earlier flaws like the repetitiveness. The power creep isn't as big of a set back as it once was either, as there's now a feature called Kanai's Cube that allows you to extract legendary powers from non-set items to be saved for later use, as well as other neat features.

Personally, I probably played 2000-3000 hours in the last year and a half, so my disillusionment isn't a testament to the game not being good for quite some time at a lower level of play, it's more a testament to disillusionment with what it takes to reach the top of the leaderboards. In particular, as the developers implement new sets, the balance is hard to maintain - so for a couple months everybody (at the very top levels of the game) plays one set, then after a patch everybody (at the very top levels of the game) plays another set. For most players, there's many set options that allow the game to be enjoyable to play at a high enough level, but the competitive aspect of the game still needs work for those sinking the most time.
    Last edited by Dratini; 01-22-2016 at 04:04 PM.

So I ended up beating Persona 4 Golden not once, but twice (with over 108 hours clocked) while I was in New Mexico. Totally worth it though, as most the characters are fantastic, the story's really interesting (but then I'm a sucker for mysteries), the gameplay was pretty fun, and the music was usually good. My only complaint is that you could not have intimate relationships with the guys 8( ...Not that that took away from the game, of course. At least I got plenty of opportunities to make it seem like Yu (or Yuuya/Kaname as I named him) was bi.

I'm currently playing Summon Night 5. I love this series so much but only a few games—I think just the first two Swordcraft Stories, Twin Age, and this one?—have made it overseas. Anyway, I like tactics games like Fire Emblem/Yggdra Union/Luminous Arc/etc. so I'm having fun with this one. I'm so glad they did not dub the voices because the summon spirit I chose is voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel's seiyuu) and I love his voice so much ;w; I also like the graphics, though the quality could be better. (Granted, the game was released on PSP before being released digitally on Vita overseas.) The only issue I had was that the Acquire Skills thing couldn't be accessed without the game crashing and that there was no update for it. Seriously, that's a big part of the game so how the people localizing it overlooked it I don't even know @_@ It's fortunate it can be fixed without updates, but I can see it being a drawback.

Now let's see if I can beat the game at least once before Digimon World: Cyber Sleuth is released. Then see if I can beat that before Fire Emblem Fates.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

uhh waaaay too much team fortress 2 and cs:go and im just hoarding up ingame items that are worth a ton of dosh that i get sentimental value to. it's .. crazy.
    anyways here are my tf2 loadouts, i have over 700 items in my steam inventory.. oops.
    http://imgur.com/a/TBqsg
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

finally someone posts in this...

Been playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth since the day it came out in the states. It is absolutely fantastic and is easily the best Digimon game I've played. The gameplay is super fun, the story is interesting, the music is pretty good, and most the characters are superb. Also, Namco Bandai did not dub the voices, so I don't have to deal with terrible voice acting! My only complaint is that either the developers or translators were too lazy to distinguish whether you are playing as the male or female; however, it's kind of amusing. (e.g., a guy asked my character if I was looking for the girl of my dreams despite her clearly having boobs.)

The game's also made me realize how much the main Pokémon series pales in comparison to the Digimon Story games: Unlike Pokémon, which basically follows the same formula each game, each Digimon Story game can have a unique plot and method of playing (though the battle system is similar in a number of the games). Also, Digimon can adapt for more mature audiences; Cyber Sleuth has a T rating and for good reason. I don't think Pokémon necessarily has to be more mature, but it should have something that helps make it more appealing to older audiences. I think GameFreak could really learn something from what is one of Pokémon's biggest rivals.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

I finished Life is Strange and then I went onto get hooked on Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've been hooked on Star Wars in general for the past few months. XD

I really want to replay PokéPark soon...and also Pokemon Colosseum. I never ended up getting XD which I would love to play through at some point.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

XCOM2, which is already keeping it's promise of being a tough and high-pressure nut to crack. I love how the whole storyline is based on as if you lost the last game, which is very different from the usual norm of how sequels play out. So, instead of going from feeling like I'm commanding the last defense for mankind, now it feels like I'm controlling a terrorist group in a world now dominated by the aliens. :P

I find one of the best strategies is just throw and shoot grenades all over the place. That's the only way you're going to blast enemy forces out of cover and make sure you're hitting them with guaranteed damage. Overall, the game looks and feels fantastic, but as tradition goes for this game, I can already feel it's going to be tough.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Just got really into Smite! Really addictive game that takes MOBAs to the next level.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

I just beat Undertale recently. So now I've moved on to playing NUNS4 (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4). Trying to finish that before the 19th because....well I've got Fire Emblem Fates on the 19th. Those will keep me busy then as well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Just got really into Smite! Really addictive game that takes MOBAs to the next level.
    Haven't played that in a good few months. I just remember when I bought my new laptop (the first one before I returned it) they sent me a code to get that God pack, or w/e it's called to unlock all of the Gods and future released Gods/Goddesses. may go back to it at some point. It was pretty fun!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..