Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Who's Viewing this Thread"

Most forums have this feature, namely Zetaboards and Invision. I'm not entirely sure why we don't have this feature, but it's really nice to be able to see who's viewing a certain forum / thread for all of us stalkers out there who are all like, "OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT MY THREAD"

Or is there a reason it's not implemented? ^^; If it helps, I found this here:
    vboptions > thread display > show users browsing threads
    Of course, it also depends on what everyone else thinks, if this is a good idea or not. x]

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Something like Who's Online but accessible at the thread page itself? Sounds nifty :3

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

We disabled this because it was stalkerish. It kinda freaks me out haha. You can see it on the who's online list if you really wanna know who is looking at what. I personally dislike all the features that show those sorts of things as I think what you're browsing should kinda be private. But maybe that's just me. xD Feel free to disagree, I'm happy to hear other opinions on the matter.
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

If you look at someone's profile page, you can see what they're viewing, so I guess I don't see how its any different. If you go to the users online list you can see What people are doing. No disrespect intended, but what exactly is the difference given this? :o

I think if "stalkery" is what you're worried about then the fact that being able to see what each specific person is doing rather than seeing in the forum / thread is what you should be worried about. That seems more stalkery to me. XD Seeing who's viewing a thread is more like, stalking your own thread in a sense. Its like "OH THEY SEE IT I UOPE THEY POST o W o "

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Honestly I wanted to turn all the stuff off but I was outvoted at the beginning of PXR. xD We just thought that because you can already view it other places that it was unnecessary, iirc.
    GCEA

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'm really not a fan of that sort of stalkery stuff in general. xD I'm a little creeped out by the fact that people can see what part of the forum I'm looking at on my profile. Plus I guess I'm just wondering why anyone would want to see what I'm doing in the first place. xD But yeah, having that stuff on the threads too would feel even more creepy to me.

There is always the invisible mode for anti-stalker security measures xD

I feel that thread owners should have the right to know which members are currently viewing their thread. I mean, if you really don't want the thread owner to know that you're viewing their stuff, you could always wait for them to log out or something. Or just go invisible. :d

9. This post has been liked by:

I'm okay with people knowing I'm online, though, so I didn't really want to turn on invisible mode. I'm just overly paranoid about stalking for no real reason.

Ah I see. If it's any reassurance, it's very simple to work around it to protect your privacy. :3

I personally welcome it because it's useful to me against being ninja'd (especially in F&G). If I see someone else viewing the thread, I'd refresh and see if they posted anything new. Just my two cents' worth~

Yeah I see what you mean, and if I had to choose one I'd go with the "who's viewing this thread" one rather than the profile one. Plus I do realize that my worries about the stalking are completely irrational; it's not like anyone would (let alone could) actually do anything to me, I just find it creepy and unnerving. xD