Writer's Resource

Writer’s Resource

This thread is a collection of resources for writer’s to use to create their stories. We’ll have everything from tips to plotting and brainstorming to name generators to travel conversions.

Have a question? Need some information? Post a question and we’ll help you in your research!

Know of a good resource? Post it here and we’ll add it to the list!

General Writing Resources
    Write About Dragons--A Youtube Channel featuring lectures by Brandon Sanderson about writing and publishing
    How to Write a Book Now--A website with advice on brainstorming and plotting stories
    The NaNoWriMo Blog--Contains writing tips that could be used outside of NaNoWriMo, as well as interviews with published authors.
    239 Words to use instead of Said

Generators
    Seventh Sanctum--A website with a number of generators from plot ideas to magical weapons to location names
    Rinkworks Fantasy Name Generator--As the name suggest, a website that generates fantasy and other themed names
    Fantasy Name Generators--Yet another website that generates names, both fantasy and normal, for places and people.
    Random Pokemon Generator--In case you ever need it ;)

Information Station

Writer's Guide to Horses--Any and all information you could ask for if your story involves horses. Like a lot of fantasy stories do.
    Realistic Travel Guide--A graph detailing how fast certain transportation can go

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

This is what little I got for right now xD I've been wracking my brain trying to find a nifty travel distance breakdown for different kinds of transportation, and I just can't remember where it is xD Nope, found it

If you guys know of any other places, please share :) I'm going to continue searching and update this thread as I go

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame