Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date Format

Date Format

I have no idea if it's possible, so dismiss this out of hand if it's not, but is there anyway we could have the ability to change our date format in our account settings?

For example, the standard format is MM/DD/YYYY, which is the American standard, and fair enough as the majority of the forum users are from the USA. But I would appreciate the option (again, if it's possible) to change this to DD/MM/YYYY, as is the standard format in my country (UK). I know that this is also the standard for many other European countries, Australia, and most of South America, to name a few. I also believe YYYY/MM/DD is another common format, I believe used by China and Japan.

Basically what I'm saying is the option to chose Date Format would be nice :P

Inb4 somebody tells me that I can already do this...
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

I just wish that all the formats for like, everything weren't so different from one another. The whole DD/MM/YYYY thing always throws me off. It's like, "is it December the 10th or October the 12th?" x] Why can't we make up our minds? xD

To be honest, I'm not seeing this in my general settings either. So it probably hasn't been implemented; if this is the case then I second this notion. :>

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I still don't get American formats... mm/dd/yyyy is so odd and disordered! xD

There isn't any way to do this currently, we would have to install a plugin or something. I found this which looks promising, and will try it out when I'm at a computer, too hard on phone.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303431

If anyone finds a better mod, just post here :)
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

Yup, Americans sure are weird...

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

6. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Turns out I need someone to get me the code from that site since you need the vB license information (so annoying!!). xD So I have asked Ray if he can do it for us. And once I have that, I will give it a go!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

Yup, Americans sure are weird...
    We like to refer to the term as "ingenuity". Considering we've invented things like the umbrella hat and tie flasks... Well. You decide :)

(Ray can probably do it. He's a wizard.)

EDIT: As a side note, the note that says when a post was made (it's above the avatar) for me is in YYYY/MM/DD format... And now the time seems to have somehow turned to military time ^^' Which isn't too much of a problem but...Lolwut.

EDIT2: "Date Format" is located in General Settings. Not sure if that was just added or not though. Mine is set to International, but there is also options for US and European as well as expansions of those (which actually state the month and such). Still can't figure out why all my stuff switched to military time though XD

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 01-05-2015 at 02:41 AM.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ray just installed the plugin for us. :D So you might notice some changes. I'm still messing with it xD
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Alright, it seems to be working! You can now find the options under General Settings > Date & Time Options

You can set your date format to a number of different options, and also your time format to 12 or 24 hour time. Enjoy. :D

If anyone notices any issues, please let me know!
    @Elbub @Tenacity @Suicune's Fire
    GCEA

I noticed the changes straight away, and I've now set it to my preferred format (European dates and 24 hour clock). Thank you very much, Sarah and Ray :D
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Dear God now it's all backwards. I dono how the hell you guys can read that...lol. We follow the path where we go from least to greatest. Only 12 months but 29-31 days and god only knows how many years. xD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]