Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Oh, how the turn tables.

Has anyone else noticed the barely-there Exeggutor on top of the Kabutop's bottom left? Secret weapon?

I wonder what deck our favorite Mismagius is playing with over there...

I also demand Amber weaponize her terrible teleportation to teleport those Kabutops somewhere harmless. ULTIMATE BATTLE TECHNIQUE! 60% of the time, it works every time!

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    Oh, how the turn tables.

Has anyone else noticed the barely-there Exeggutor on top of the Kabutop's bottom left? Secret weapon?

I wonder what deck our favorite Mismagius is playing with over there...

I also demand Amber weaponize her terrible teleportation to teleport those Kabutops somewhere harmless. ULTIMATE BATTLE TECHNIQUE! 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Things changed very quickly, didn't they?

The Exeggcute has actually been around since Chapter 5. He's been hiding in the backpack. His siblings are scattered though. You may've seen one in Ch4 too!

Mist is playing a fairy deck consisting of Gardevoir-ex, Mega-Gardevoir-ex, Florges-ex, Diancie-ex, Mega Diancie-ex, Aromatisse, and Xerneas. General strategy is to use Xerneas to load up energies on the bench, use fairy stadium to swap in Mega Gardevoir, and have Aromatisse move energies to Mega Gardevoir to maximize damage. =) Effective deck that I actually use. High-Res version of the page has little color blobs that show Mist having Xerneas and Aromatisse in her hand. I'd imagine the card in play is another Xerneas or Florges. =D

And damn- why didn't anyone think of that sooner? Amber teleporting the enemies would've been a hilarious way to win the fight. It'd be the best accidental win. Who knows where the poor baddies would've been sent. In the walls? In the flame? In solid rock 50 feet below? Into the spike pit? So many chaotic possibilities!

---

Here's the FINAL page of Chapter 7! We're going on hiatus until I have Chapter 8 ready for production. I'll post sneakpeaks, progress, etc. in a dedicated Ch8 thread that will be made in the near future. Will also tend to Q&A, patron stuff, etc. in the meantime- so there shall be PRS art to pass the time!

3. This post has been liked by:

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Reggie fanboying over Creo is amazing. For that matter, didn't see Creo getting a mega coming at all, but I could see why he was chosen for cavalry duty with that kind of power.

I read back just to get those two names.

Also, the Twins are having that 'we're gonna do something really mean to these guys' look about them right now.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You gotta love Reggie. XD

I love that shot with the Mega Houndoon. It's epic and just swells with the badassery and makes it clear this is NOT a Pokémon you want to mess around with.

This was a great finisher to Chapter Seven and still leaves a lot of intriguing questions to be answered. Again, the artwork is awesome and so satisfyingly colorful. I also like the way the storyline weaves and turns and makes it hard, if not impossible, to predict what's going to happen next. It can go anywhere from here and that's what makes it awesome and so interesting. Moltres could have died, it was possible the flame could have been saved, there was no telling how that battle was going to end out, and it could have been anyone's game. Not to mention any character could have possibly been killed or captured.

Definitely great work, I love the action, the intrigue, the artwork, the character personalities, and of course, the comic relief. Rising Shadows has it ALL and it's fantastic. :)

Oh my gosh that picture of Creo is amazing! O: (Thanks Tazz for the name refs. xD) I love how you've drawn him! And wow, this whole thing took a cool turn with Naya winding up making a huge difference. Good one, Naya! :D Amazing pages as always, Neko. And holy crap, this is my favourite part of any page. xD

Amazing.

I wonder what will change now that the flame is out. o: I did not expect that to happen. At least Moltres is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You gotta love Reggie. XD

I love that shot with the Mega Houndoon. It's epic and just swells with the badassery and makes it clear this is NOT a Pokémon you want to mess around with.

This was a great finisher to Chapter Seven and still leaves a lot of intriguing questions to be answered. Again, the artwork is awesome and so satisfyingly colorful. I also like the way the storyline weaves and turns and makes it hard, if not impossible, to predict what's going to happen next. It can go anywhere from here and that's what makes it awesome and so interesting. Moltres could have died, it was possible the flame could have been saved, there was no telling how that battle was going to end out, and it could have been anyone's game. Not to mention any character could have possibly been killed or captured.

Definitely great work, I love the action, the intrigue, the artwork, the character personalities, and of course, the comic relief. Rising Shadows has it ALL and it's fantastic. :)
    Ye! I figured the idea of fighting any mega in PRS would be enough to deter any normal enemy from fighting. xD Had a ton of fun drawing him!

I'm trying to make the story hard to accurately predict while still leaving a big trail of breadcrumbs for people to follow. I know some things might be easier to guess than others if you think about it hard enough, but hopefully when these big reveals come it'll be "OH- THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE, HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING?!" type reactions.

Fun fact: Original ending to this chapter had Moltres die instead of the flame. 2nd 'draft' saved Moltres but had the baddies escape. It was actually a last minute decision to have them surrender. Death is a very real possibility in PRS.

And I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far. <3 It's a huge learning experience and I'm never really sure how things will be received!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    Reggie fanboying over Creo is amazing. For that matter, didn't see Creo getting a mega coming at all, but I could see why he was chosen for cavalry duty with that kind of power.

I read back just to get those two names.

Also, the Twins are having that 'we're gonna do something really mean to these guys' look about them right now.
    RIP. His name is Cero! Now everyone's gonna be calling him Creo for the rest of eternity. xD Ahahaha! Reggie is indeed a huge nerd and I love him for that.

Fun Fact #2: Reggie is an Indiana Jones reference. "Joc- there's a snake in the plane!" "Oh, that's just my pet snake, Reggie!" "I don't like snakes!" - Yes. Reggie has a hat. It will mysteriously appear on his head before long.

The Mega wasn't in the original plans- PRS started pre-GenVI- but it was too tempting not to add in. There will be more on Mega evolutions later in the story and whatnot.

The twins are best guard dogs. Everyone fears their antics enough to stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh my gosh that picture of Creo is amazing! O: (Thanks Tazz for the name refs. xD) I love how you've drawn him! And wow, this whole thing took a cool turn with Naya winding up making a huge difference. Good one, Naya! :D Amazing pages as always, Neko. And holy crap, this is my favourite part of any page. xD

Amazing.

I wonder what will change now that the flame is out. o: I did not expect that to happen. At least Moltres is okay.
    xD Had a blast making Cero's Mega design and drawing it out. Tough design though! On popular demand from people at the stream I'll be turning it into a sticker later on. It'll be fun!

While Naya is very inexperienced and has no confidence whatsoever, she will be helpful on accident from time to time- at least until that confidence starts to build. Then it'll be intentional usefulness.

Mist vs Yamask was a popular panel. They then decide "Nah. Let's not fist fight. TCG match time!" xD

We'll see how it goes from here~!

8. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    xD Had a blast making Cero's Mega design and drawing it out. Tough design though! On popular demand from people at the stream I'll be turning it into a sticker later on. It'll be fun!

While Naya is very inexperienced and has no confidence whatsoever, she will be helpful on accident from time to time- at least until that confidence starts to build. Then it'll be intentional usefulness.

Mist vs Yamask was a popular panel. They then decide "Nah. Let's not fist fight. TCG match time!" xD

We'll see how it goes from here~!
    That's a great idea. B) He'll make an awesome sticker! And yeah, looks like a tough design. But awesome. :3

Yes, she didn't even know what a flareon was! I didn't even realise nobody had told her. xD Haha, well any usefulness is good usefulness!

OH MY GOD HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?!?! I just went back and looked and holy crap that's hilarious. XDDD That is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    That's a great idea. B) He'll make an awesome sticker! And yeah, looks like a tough design. But awesome. :3

Yes, she didn't even know what a flareon was! I didn't even realise nobody had told her. xD Haha, well any usefulness is good usefulness!

OH MY GOD HOW DID I MISS THAT?!?!?! I just went back and looked and holy crap that's hilarious. XDDD That is brilliant.
    Yeah! I'm excited to put in the order for a few stickers, but I have to time the upload so the people who want to get a sticker can get them right when they go up. Redbubble took down the Naya stickers for copyright- but anyone who orders -before- takedown is safe. I don't know where to put the sticker yet though. xD

Naya is gonna grow so much before this is over. Hopefully. xD

Mist's TCG match was another last minute thing. I wrote in the script that she's fighting the Yamask and it just... it just didn't suit Mist to fight unless she's really upset. xD I even have a list for Mist's main deck there. Bwahahahaha. Throwing in silly stuff is always fun, despite the more serious stuff happening alongside.

We're baaaaaack!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hang in there, buddy, I'm coming with a trampoline!

I'm looking forward to more tasty Rising Shadows goodness. :3