Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 3DS Game Pokemon Shuffle Announced

During the Nintendo Direct this morning, Nintendo revealed a new Pokemon game for the 3DS, titled Pokemon Shuffle. Pokemon Shuffle is a puzzle game, which seems to be related to Pokemon Trozei and involves moving Pokemon tiles to clear sets of Pokemon within a certain number of moves. Doing this will help you to battle the boss Pokemon at the top of the screen.
    The game will be free to download from the Nintendo eShop beginning in February. Controversially, while being free to play, upon losing you must wait 10 minutes to play again or purchase extra lives from the Nintendo eShop. Items to assist in the game can also be purchased for real money. This is the first Pokemon game which will include these microtransactions which are commonly found in phone games.

You can see the trailer for Pokemon Shuffle below.

Read more or post a comment.

Looks interesting but a 10 minute wait!? Do you only have one life or can you get multiple lives? Either way, that's a ridiculous time to wait, enough that I'm not going to check the game out because I know I'll get annoyed by it.
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

I'm going to say what I said in an earlier post.

No offense, but Pokemon Shuffle looks like a totally unneeded rehash of Battle Trozei. I see nothing different minus a few changes. And oh boy, they've fallen into the "DIS IS FREE BUT NO WAIT DERES MOAR U GOTTA PAY FOR **** IN THE GAME TO REALLY GET ANYWHERE AT ALL" pitfall. Let's hope this is the only freaking game that they do this for for a while. Christ.

Though it looks like the gameplay is more based around Puzzle League and Puzzle Challenge where you can't just freely move Trozei pieces around (and you aren't forced to move them all rows at a time either). I...don't have very high hopes for it because the in-game purchases thing is a REALLY BIG turnoff for me, but hopefully it doesn't disappoint. :|

No cost? Bull****.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Freemium Gaming? Nintendo, you have hit a new low...

5. This post has been liked by:

Just so you know, Jacob, I simply cannot hit the like button enough times in response to that comment. We need a "HOLY CRAP YES THIS THIS THIS THIS" button, if you ask me.

But in all seriousness, this had better not be a regular thing.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

7. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

The sad thing is that I have eShop credit but not enough to get another year of pokemon bank, so I will probably end up using it on that xD

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm pretty disappointed by this only because I didn't think Nintendo and especially GameFreak/Pokemon would ever do something like this. D: I assume GameFreak has to okay every Pokemon game even if they weren't that involved in making it...

Apparently phone games are very popular in Japan right now, so maybe that's why they decided to give it a shot. I'm not sure how well it will work on the 3DS though.
    GCEA

I don't like the free-to-play thing. D: I lost at Battle Trozei a lot in the latter stages, so I don't want to wait ten minutes to play again! Or maybe it's for the better...I'll need the ten minute cool-down period. xD gets unreasonably angry when losing

I don't think the micro transaction thing will be as horrible as everyone makes it out to be, because I purchased a free-to-play game on the PS3 and it wasn't as bad as I initially imagined. However, I could be wrong, and I definitely hope this won't be something GameFreak pursues.

|||||||||

I have a feeling that this kinda caters more to casual players than anything else. Think of it. A lot of people would be like, "Okay whatever, 10 minutes isn't that bad. *goes to do something else for a little while* " Plus...just, I dunno. They had BETTER not make another game like this.

------------

Honestly, this game is a joke. xD Free to play Pokémon, with in-app purchases? REALLY? XD And it's a Trozei game. This is probably sadder than paying for the previous Trozei titles. I just think it was a waste of time. If it was on mobile then yeah, okay, but eShop? Nah. I'm not gonna bother wasting my time. You can do better than this, Nintendo. -_- And we just HAD a new Trozei. What the heck. Why not work on something actually good that's not a "ohh, I'll play for five minutes because I'm bored" game?

I'm not mad; I just think it was a pointless decision. XD

13. This post has been liked by: