Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree, it's just pointless. xD Battle Trozei was fun, but this just looks like a copy with the only notable difference being Mega Evolution which is about enough to draw me in, and a few mechanical changes. It really is just pointless...xD

I'll download it to play it, but I refuse to pay for anything!

|||||||||

2. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, exactly. xD I mean, I enjoyed playing BT for a few minutes, but bringing out a new one which relies on micro-transactions? xD So soon as well? Just seriously...focus on something awesome. Like another console RPG. Or even a new Pokepark. I love those games. XD

well everyone of us would had had enough of candy crush and stuff like that but pokemon is still fun to play but 10 minute is way too much.

Role-play boy. just VM me and we can roleplay in the conversation. Didn't understand still VM me and i can explain.

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    I think all the anger isn't really necessary, because, come on, it's just another Pokemon puzzle game with some options to spend on things only total morons would spend money on so who cares. I doubt it's going to be a very interesting game, or that they're going to have much success making money off it, since even a person as impatient as myself would likely rather just wait and play another game for a bit over paying. I'll probably still download it and check it out because free stuff though, but I seriously doubt I'll be putting a lot of time into it. I think Nintendo will release it, see the total profit of 4$ from one guy who payed by accident, and leave the idea alone.

So yeah, until they start doing this in the mainline games and giving the option to pay for legends and shinies, I think it's best to put your outrage to better use. Like building a fence. Fences are cool.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

6. This post has been liked by:

I'll probably download for the heck of it, and honestly don't understand why people are so mad. They're just trying something new. Is it a tad disappointing? Sure, is it rage-worthy? Eh...I'm not thinking so. As for those who think time was "wasted" on this...simple mobile games usually don't take that long to make (I believe the average is 6 months, some take fewer, some take more), I can't imagine more than a few months was put into it's creation, and I'm not sure the team(s?) who work on the main games would have worked on this, so they could very well also be working on a main series/more awesome spinoff game...or better yet, whose to say this isn't just the product of some of the devs blowing off steam?

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

I guess since people keep asking why people are against this I'll state my reasons for being against it at least. *shrugs*

It's a multitude of factors. Firstly, the game industry is sinking slowly in the sense that quality and entertainment is slowly being shoved under the rug for money. As I'm going to college for Video Game Design this really disgusts and depresses me. In this thread couple people have mentioned this will probably be a one time thing, Nintendo won't make any money on it, and/or they'll never do it again, but sadly I think not. Looking at other Freemium games you'll see people willingly shelling out HUNDREDS of dollars on these things for practically nothing. It's because of how small the amount of money you have to pay per transaction that buyers will often get caught up not looking at the bigger picture. If you see a $60 game you might not buy it because that's a large chunk of money. But if you see a $1 purchase you might, "sure, why not? Its only a $1"...and then you think that thought 60+ times. I've even seen Freemium games with in-game purchases costing $100+. Why would this be offered if no one would buy it? Because people do.

Also there are lots of popular Freemium games that make a ton of money. Slap Nintendo's name on a game like that and they will be making a profit. People will get it just for having the name Pokemon on it, heck people will get it just for having Nintendo on it. Sure a lot of people might play it and not go back but Nintendo has predicted a high enough percent of buyers will stay to warrant making it. They wouldn't make a game expecting 0 profits. So if this is a test of the Freemium model in a Pokemon game: expect more.

This won't be the last Freemium game from Nintendo/Pokemon. Much less if you look at games now, some full retail games offer microtransactions. I'm not talking about DLC which is another issue entirely, even though some of those are getting ridiculously money-grabby. I'm terrified that Nintendo is going to go in this direction. Even more if you look at the often vast difference in Freemium games between those who pay and those who don't, more often a newbie who can pay is WAY better off than a long time player who doesn't spend money. I don't want the future to be: Want a super cool Pokemon/item/team? Well you could spend 100+ hours to get it OR just throw some money our way and you'll have it in 5 seconds. It would kill competitive battling, paying traders could offer more stock to trade than non-payers, and as you've seen the huge shift to serial code events, you'll probably start seeing a lot of events behind paywalls, etc.

Another reason is that I've never understood forcing people to not play your game (ie that "if you lose you have to wait ten minutes"). Because don't you buy a game to play it? Why should I get a game that actively encourages me not to play it? I could find an equally or more entertaining game that won't stop me from playing it. There is no game I can name where adding a feature that prevents you from playing the game is a good mechanic. The point of making a game is to have people play it. If a game prevents you from playing it, except if you push a little money their way, that should be a huge red flag that the game is less about entertaining you and more about getting your money.

Am I saying Nintendo shouldn't make a profit? No I'm not. But I shouldn't be forced to shell out money to keep playing a game. I'd be happy getting this game if there was a flat fee to pay but the fact of the matter is there's not that I know of.
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

9. This post has been liked by:

Tbh it should be called Candy Crush Pokemon Edition instead of Pokemon Shuffle. :P
    Last edited by Dennis Jansen; 02-08-2015 at 03:06 PM.

11. This post has been liked by: