Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Pokemon Prism: Racism Has Never Been So Prevalent.

Just a general chat thread for Pokemon Prism! Basically it's a VPP clone that includes Pokemon of multiple different hues (colors), and you can breed Pokemon to get even more colors! Its also HEAVILY based off of and inspired by a website called Pokemon Hue, in-development by a friend of mine!

There's been a bit of chat in the threads, so I thought I'd redirect it here.

You don't have to be participating in Pokemon Prism to post here, but it would be appreciated if you could check it out!

People who have joined in on the game (and # of Pokemon raised), as of 4/3/2015:
    • Speed-X: 11
    • PTGigi: 54
    • ShadowJay: 3
    • Noblejanobii: 3
    • Suicune's Fire: 10
    • Corey: 4
    • Ghostwriter: 53
    • Kaoru: 3
    • Caite-chan: 14
    • EmpireCrusher203: 2
    • Pokemon Trainer Sarah: 6
    • Dennis Jansen: 19
    • Lightning Dash: 1
    • ZrowNoodles: 5
    • Lovecraft: 5
    • Shadowbolt25: 1
    • Shadow Tracker Max: 3

Let's also see the progress that everyone's made with their posts counts! Amazing job, you guys. (As of 4/3/2015)
    PTGigi started Pokemon Prism at 905 posts. She now has about 2k!
    Noblejanobii started the game with 515 posts. She now has ~780!
    ShadowJay started the game with 2,549 posts. He now has ~2.6k!
    Suicune's Fire started the game with 3,588 posts. She now has ~4.1k!
    Corey started the game with 4,956 posts. He now has 5.35k!
    Pokemon Trainer Sarah started with 2,644 posts. She now has ~2.7k!
    Ghostwriter started with 2,456 posts. He now has ~3.9!
    Kaoru started with 980 posts. She now has ~1.1k!
    Caite-chan started with 2,168 posts. She now has ~2.6k!
    EmpireCrusher203 started with 34 posts. He now has ~140!
    Dennis Jansen started with 507 posts. He now has ~1.2!
    Lightning Dash started with 642 posts. He now has ~840!
    ZrowNoodles started with 13 posts. He now has ~200!
    Lovecraft started with 494 posts. He now has ~620!
    Shadowbolt25 started with 1,021 posts. He now has ~1.06!
    Shadow Tracker Max started with 8,674 posts. He now has ~8.8k! Seriously, how do you even get that many posts
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 04-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

January 16:
    --Edited the rules so that Pokemon without an evolution take 30 posts to hatch as opposed to 15.
    --Created the Trade Center.

January 17:
    --Added a new type of color to the mix: colorless Pokemon! These will not be able to breed, will be completely grayscaled, and will only appear under very rare circumstances. More information about this is available in the Breeding Center thread!

January 20:
    --Lightning Dash has joined the party! LD is going to help me out with generating Pokemon and recoloring the sprites. :D

April 3:
    --Added a currency system and a bank.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 04-04-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Woooo chat! /o/

Questions/thoughts!
    A huge difference I notice between this and VPP is that there are features of your Pokemon selected for you, ie color and gender. This could make a situation where you end up getting a Pokemon you may not want (due to the wrong gender or color) or you get a duplicate color. Are there any plans for allowing some kind of a trade system? (I'm going for Absol in all 12 main colors so I'm bound to get a duplicate XD)
    Another thought in this vein is maybe to allow people to use "items" that cost a certain amount of posts to change your Pokemon's color or gender?
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

4. This post has been liked by:

I did ask about trading and I think it is going to become possible. :] I reckon we could even use this thread to do trading. :D

I LOVE THIS AND IT'S AWESOME.

That's kinda the point, so that you post more to get what you're wanting, and to breed for what you're wanting. ^^ So therefore it isn't really given to you off the bat.

Xanthe has previously mentioned a trading system...I actually forgot about that until now. XD I'll figure out a way to implement that.

And as of items to change gender and color, that's not a bad idea...and it wouldn't be difficult to think of limitations for that, but what would we use as the currency? I think that's really the biggest problem there. ^^; If we did use posts as a currency of sorts, how do you guys think we should have it work?

I could implement something that assures that you don't get duplicate colors for the same Pokemon...but then again, I wonder what we'd do if people DO want duplicates. Like for breeding and trading and whatnot.

What do you think? I love suggestions but I don't work alone. xD and I'm glad you guys are having fun with This! I am, too.

By the way, Gigi, I love how you organized your stats! That looks super cool.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    That's kinda the point, so that you post more to get what you're wanting, and to breed for what you're wanting. ^^ So therefore it isn't really given to you off the bat.

Xanthe has previously mentioned a trading system...I actually forgot about that until now. XD I'll figure out a way to implement that.

And as of items to change gender and color, that's not a bad idea...and it wouldn't be difficult to think of limitations for that, but what would we use as the currency? I think that's really the biggest problem there. ^^;

I could implement something that assures that you don't get duplicate colors for the same Pokemon...but then again, I wonder what we'd do if people DO want duplicates. Like for breeding and trading and whatnot.

What do you think? I love suggestions but I don't work alone. xD and I'm glad you guys are having fun with This! I am, too.

By the way, Gigi, I love how you organized your stats! That looks super cool.
    I get that's the main point, it was just the introduction to my thought XD
    The items could use posts as a currency too. So if you want to adjust one of your Pokemon you have to halt your posts applying to getting a new Pokemon kinda deal maybe?
    I feel like duplicates should be a part of the system. I can also see situations where people might want either gender/color duplicates as you said, for trading or breeding.
    And thank you! :D It's going to be super awesome when I get all 12 colors of a species =P

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

True! But I think I'm having a little trouble understanding just what you mean here:
    So if you want to adjust one of your Pokemon you have to halt your posts applying to getting a new Pokemon kinda deal maybe?

------------

Can I just say, MAKING A FAMILY TREE AFTER LOTS OF BREEDING WILL BE FUN. Although since pokemon can only breed once a week it'll be slower, but oh well. xD I LOVE family trees. *has giant family trees written down for Chao on SA2B*

10. This post has been liked by:

@Speed-X sorry for the confusion! Let's say you got an item @100 posts and it needed 30 posts to be paid off/take effect. Between posts 100-130 you couldn't also ask to raise a new Pokemon. So you can't simultaneously raise a new Pokemon and adjust an old one.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

That's a cool idea Gigi! Like instead of asking for a Pokemon once you finished your current one, you would ask for an item and have to pay it off in posts before you can claim another Pokemon or item!

I like the trade idea too!
    GCEA