Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Animator of the Sprites ZrowNoodles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow, I love your new hologramations! :D The appearing Snivy is especially cool!
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you! :3

I'm out of Noodles. :c
    Sprite & Avatar Credits to the Awesome Speed-X

Normal : Alternative : Reverse
    | |

2. This post has been liked by:

Holy freaking crap wow wow wow that turned out awesome!!!! I freaking love your animations. 8D THIS IS SO GOING IN MY SIG, THANKS AGAIN

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

4. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Woah that Serperior is amazing. :O You are really talented with animations! Did it take a long time?!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Woah that Serperior is amazing. :O You are really talented with animations! Did it take a long time?!
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you! I guess it sort of took a long time? I was out on an errand yesterday so... If we took that out, it took maybe... Close to half a day? To experiment with the hues and colors then animate with different ideas. For now, hologamation is still experimental! So for the color palette I don't want fix it, you know? I've been trying to play around still, using other tutorials I've found or have been provided to me by @Speed-X . 3 . To make it look as... Hologram-y as possible.

Anyway! I digress. 2-3 hours of playing with color... 2 hours to set up the animation and maybe half an hour to do touch-ups. A lot of the time spent was doing different types of animation trial like flickering, blinking, distortion, timing and such. C:
    Last edited by ZrowNoodles; 02-02-2015 at 02:01 PM.

| |

@reQuiem
    Dedicating this post to ReQuiem, Don't mind the double-posting. Apologies for being relatively late. >u< Here is your requested art piece!

Original Enlarged

| |

8. This post has been liked by:

That is amazing!!
    Do you animate sprites like the animations in-game? Just wondering. :D

Quote Originally Posted by reQuiem View Post
    That is amazing!!
    Do you animate sprites like the animations in-game? Just wondering. :D
    @reQuiem
    I do know what you're talking about, perhaps the entrance of when you encounter a pokemon and it's animated? I know how to make animations of pokemon, provided the animation sheet is available. Sadly, the entrance sheets have eluded me. :C But I do have these though...

| |

11. This post has been liked by:

Hey, at least you make your OWN animations! I've seen too many people on Pokefarm that have a request thread, and one of their request types will usually be "animations," only that the only thing they are are animated overworld sprites or really awfully done animations of the two frames in Emerald or DP. =_= So kudos for that!

Come to think of it, I never understood why Pokefarm "sprite artists" do half of the crap they do. ._.|||

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

@Speed-X
    Aww! Thanks, Speed! :) I only hope to do my best and improve my skills! Perhaps they do all their work because they find dotting pixels and all that manual labor that comes from animation like... Duplicating frame, adjusting and timing and maybe even experiment with things a fun thing to do! Indeed, sometimes when I'm doing boring repetitive stuff while animating, I feel sort of... 'Zen'!

Also, here's some new stuff I'm working on! It's super simple now, I plan to experiment more and expand the potential of this animation technique! But I thought I'd post it here first, to start some chatter, hopefully!

| |

14. This post has been liked by:

I agree! Doing boring and simple things like pillow shading is really relaxing for me, as well.

Whoa, dat is a biiigggg image XD I like it so far. Definitely keep working with it and see what you can get! I wonder also if it would look a little better if the numbers were closer to the outline color. Maybe just a little faded so it doesn't clash too much with the outlines

------------