Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quest for the Sword [IC]

Royal Republic of Verdugo; Royal Army Training Academy
    Noontime
    Ollie Earbourne

And so it was a sunny Tuesday in Verdugo, and a busy day at the Royal Academy of the Army, where the future protectors of this country receive the right to call themselves Men of War. The trainees lined up horizontally, ready to be addressed by their commanding officer. The next few weeks would be some of the toughest they'd ever experience.

"Listen up, trainees! This is not a vacation! You're training to prove yourselves worthy of the title Man of War. To be in the King's Army is riteous indeed. It is an honour not all get to experience. Don't take this lightly!" The commanding officer barked. He eyed the line of trainees with a death glare, before setting his eyes on a tall, defined-looking human. Dragovich. "You there!"

Noontime
    Dragovich

"It's Drago sir" (said in a loud clear voice)

Noontime
    Ollie Earbourne

"Hm. A nice, loud voice. Good. That goes for the rest of you!" The officer focused on Drago. "Perhaps you can teach them a thing or two about using the bass in their voice."

"Er, excuse me? Can I use the facilities?" Came a small, almost shrill voice from down the line. The officer snapped in its direction, as if preparing to pounce on its source.

"Who dares to pipe up while I'm giving a lecture?"

The source of the voice in question was a small white rabbit-thing wearing red clothing. "I said that, um, sir. I'm Ollie. Ollie Earbourne."

"I didn't ask for your name, worm. Keep your filthy mouth shut. You'll be released when I am through with you. Not a moment sooner!"

Well damn. The officer wasn't having it today, it seemed. Ollie sighed and continued waiting patiently while waiting to be dismissed. I only want to use the bathroom, he thought.

Verdugo was a strict, militaristic nation. It was all about control. Controlling the lives of the citizenry, and even the actions of other nations. Verdugo earned quite the reputation in the Fantasarealm. The bully state, it was called. The more ruthless you were, the more in tune with the culture you were. This officer was merely a piece of that puzzle.

"Tomorrow", he began again, "the King will personally be addressing this unit. You will make me look like the best damn officer in all of Verdugo, or you will suffer my wrath. It really is that simple. I will give you . . . five minutes to yourself. I suggest those of who that need to relieve yourselves do so now. Ollie. I will return shortly." And with that, the officer disappeared behind a door, leaving the trainees to muck about or do whatever it is they do until his return.

Ollie stretched before walking up to Dragovich. "It's Drago, right?"

"I thought you had to pee". (said with barley contained laughter)

Ollie looked confused before responding with a distant "Oh, yeah." He thought about something for a moment. Likely something distant, like carrots, or being at home. "Well, we could walk together for a while. Everyone else is in groups anyway. I'm Ollie", he said, with a tiny arm outstretched in Drago's direction.

"did you just forget you had to pee?" (bursts out laughing)

Ollie really didn't see what was so funny. "Huh?" The rabbit merely scratched his head. "Uh, what's so funny?"

"how did you forget you had to pee?" (still laughing)

"But I didn't forget. Um, on second thought, I'll go right now. See you around I guess."

So Ollie had no idea what was so funny, or why that guy thought he'd forgotten to use the loo, but it didn't matter. Perhaps this guy was more absent-minded than Ollie was. Who knew? The little white creature walked away and looked for a bathroom. Before he found one though, he would bump into higher-ranked soldier who looked at him with contempt.

"Y'know, I ain't the biggest fan of Animarians. Not since the last war. I'd be careful around here if I were you."

"Careful?" Ollie asked puzzled.

The soldier shook his head and walked away. "What's that guy's problem?" Ollie said before continuing on.

"Man that was one weird animarian."
    draco thought on the way to pick up his equipment