Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Drago was now at the front of the line to get his equipment. Ollie moved up when he did, but was standing next to Drago, rather than behind, since he was not in line.

"Oh, so you plan on training fir-"

"You there! Animarian! Shut up!" Another soldier was handing out equipment. He turned to Drago. "Name and weapon of choice. Quickly!"

"Dragovich bow and arrow" (wow what an ***)

Ollie blinked at the soldier who cut him off and demanded he be silent. The soldier scoffed in his direction before dropping a bundle of armour and arrows that felt like 30 pounds into Drago's arms. It would definitely feel heavy and take some getting used to. Luckily, he didn't have to carry it long or far. "Suit up and prepare for practice when the Commandant returns! Get the **** out of my line! Next trainee, step forward!"

"See you Ollie. Make sure You get back in time."

"Uh, right." Ollie said to Drago. By this time the Commandant -- that is, the commanding officer -- returned to the trainees. He strode out of the wooden doors to the building behind them. It was large and made out of stone. He stopped in front of them when he reached. They lined themselves up once more before he addressed them.

"Okay, scum. You will now work through combat scenarios with your applied-for weapon. I will not have that pansy crap other training units do, where bowmen fight bowmen and swordsmen fight swordsmen. To be in the Royal Army you have to be adaptive and witty. You will fight the class opposite of you. In groups of two. One-on-one battles. Choose your partners and hurry up! Stance when you're ready!"

Ollie paid attention. This was action time. Fighting time. He'd get some practice in. Even if the sword he had was meant for training, which of course meant the arrows bowmen had were for training as well. This didn't matter to him. A fight was a fight. Action was action, and he was thirsting for it all day. He walked over to Drago who seemed to not have a partner yet. "So, uh, wanna spar?"
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 02-05-2015 at 01:56 PM.

"sure i don't see why not" pulls out bow and puts arrows in shooting hand "be warned the style i hold my arrows in allows for extremely fast shots"

Ollie stanced himself. Right foot in front of his left, sword held firmly in front of him at an angle, two hands grasped the sword. The practice sword the military gave him could only break skin or stun. The stun strip on the cutting edge of what would be the blade of a real sword glowed with a blue light, showing its activation.

"Well, my style is defensive, meaning I can block your arrows with my sword." This was a unique style indeed. Ollie was the only sword-user he knew that was more defensive than offensive -- most swordmaster types emphasising quick, furious strikes with high damage.

"Well, okay. Here I go!" He did burst into a full-blown sprint towards Drago before jumping high into the air above him, sword pointing skyward. "Skyward Slash!" he cried.

"Oh ****" quickly jumps back firing three arrows as he goes

Ollie landed on the ground, missing Drago by inches. He blocked the arrows Drago fired in response with his sword, somehow almost falling over whilst doing so. "Whoa! That was close!" Not wanting to let up or break his momentum, Ollie charged Drago again, this time staying on the ground and going for a low cut. He was going to attempt to take out his legs using his smaller size to his advantage.

"damn your fast" jumps over Ollie with a flip only managing to get of one arrow