growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

PLEASE POST ~ Tokens/Achievements Feedback

Hi guys! We want to improve our token/achievement system to make it more fun and interesting to earn tokens! We are open to all of your input on the following:

• What kinds of tokens you want to see
    • Rewards for earning tokens
    • How tokens should be displayed to make them more desirable (eg. under postbit)
    • What would make YOU want to earn tokens?!
    • Anything else you can think of to improve the token system!

Here are some of my own ideas!

-> Tokens would appear in postbit
    Each token would have a little icon which would appear in your postbit when you earn that token, so everyone could see! Cons are that only a limited number of tokens will display and there's no way to choose which ones, it will just be the newest ones.

-> Collecting specific groups of tokens would get you rewards
    For example, let's say there was a group of tokens dedicated to achievements in spriting. If you earned all of them, you could then get a cool userbar declaring that you're a "Spriting Master". This would be possible for all kinds of things including the large scale RPs. Alternatively, collecting a specific token could perhaps unlock a specific Pokemon that you can have displayed in your postbit.

-> Tokens are worth currency
    There is an option to award points based on earning tokens. These points could maybe be used to 'buy' prizes such as Pokemon to display in your postbit or perhaps custom user rank images or WiFi Pokemon or even currency for large scale RPs (Just an idea, haven't spoken to them yet. xD).

I'm open to all ideas on how we can improve the tokens/achievement system, so please post if you have any feedback at all! If you're not interested in tokens, tell us why!
    GCEA

I don't really fancy the idea of tokens or banners in the post bit, because things could get really messy and just unattractively cluttered. D: I really like the idea of Pokemon in the post bit, so long as there wouldn't be too many. I think for ever x achievements, you could get one Pokemon, with a maximum of 6 or 10 to represent a team/your top 10 Pokemon. Since it looks like four Pokemon fit in a row, maybe eight would be a good idea - four on the top row and four on the bottom. It'd look nice and even without too much clutter (three's company, you know)!

I also really dig the idea of exchanging tokens for prizes, though I'm not sure if Wi-Fi is a good way to go since it could cause trouble. I think forum prizes should be awarded that the admins have control of and can issue immediately. I also really like the idea of having tokens like the "Spriting Master" one you mentioned!

I think more tokens based on sections should be made, like the Kalos Professor Token for those who posted a lot in the X and Y forum. One of those for like, every forum would be really cool. RPG-based tokens are a really lovely idea as well! I support anything that doesn't cause a cluttered post-bit. xD

Fantastic ideas, Sarah! :D

|||||||||

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I kind of wanted to move away from less quantifiable tokens, but now I've changed my mind. xD I think tokens for the different sections of the forum could be cool, to recognise those members who are active in those sections.

We would have to limit the amount displayed in the postbit since we don't want to clutter everything. So yeah some kind of limit. Maybe having the tokens lets you unlock the Pokemon, but you can only have 6 out at a time?

Still open to feedback guys! :D
    GCEA

I am loving this idea! Sadly I don't have much of an input. I do like what I'm hearing so far, though. Maybe an overhaul of the token / achievement system IS needed. It is a bit erratic.

I was thinking that if we could find some way, we could have people be able to "buy" as many postbit Pokemon as they wish, but only able to display x amount of them. If we were somehow able to, we could have it so that the user can choose which of the Pokemon they've acquired to be displayed in their postbit.

I like the group ideas for tokens, and also how completing entire achievement groups qualify for a special userbar under the member's name. However, these userbars would either have to be really skinny, or there would have to be fewer groups.

As for quantifiable tokens, I honestly feel that those are the most fair, as they are based on fact and quantity rather than opinion and quality. I'm curious to what you were thinking of for tokens that are based on quality over quantity, though!

Looks like I had more of an input than I initially thought I would xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I feel that putting tokens in the postbit is redundant given that they can be viewed on user profiles. I love the idea of pokemon sprites in the postbit and since those are small and wouldn't be a clutter, they could stand to represent tokens. Like maybe for every X number of tokens, users receive a pokemon (of their choice?) and display it.

I do like the idea of a userbar after gaining all the necessary tokens. Again with the issue of possibly being cluttered, we can limit it to one userbar and if members have more, well decision making time for them!

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks for your feedback! They're good ideas!

For the userbar thing, members could unlock different ones but only choose to display one at a time. It would probably have to be handled manually by an admin.

As for Pokemon representing tokens, maybe each token could unlock a specific Pokemon. And then people can choose any 6 of those to put in their postbit at any time. Again, they would probably have to be added by an admin. Only issue is that there are SO many Pokemon, it might be a while before your fave Pokemon was made into a token. Alternatively maybe each token could represent a Pokemon family, so unlocking it lets you display any of the evolution stages of that Pokemon or something.

For quality type tokens, I figured a staff member could award them to members who are active in that section. For example, there is currently a Kalos Professor token for people who post a lot in the XY board. We didn't really keep up with handing it out, but we could have other tokens like that.
    GCEA

I think there should be qualifications for getting board-specific tokens. I'm not sure how it'd work, but I think this because I never really gave out the X and Y token because I never thought people posted a lot, but posting a lot to me is like, replying to every thread all the time. xD I thought my judgement would seem flawed so I withheld from giving the token out (I think I gave it to 3 or 4 people max). :P

Something like "posting in x threads in the board in x days" gets you a token, the variables depending on how difficult you want it to be to get the token. But if you did something like that, I'd think hiding it from the public would be best, because some people would abuse it and meet the qualifications just to get the token. That's really the only idea I have, though. :(

|||||||||

8. This post has been liked by:

I think we should emphasize on quality over quantity since people could just mindlessly post and not really contribute to any discussion at hand. Maybe focus on rewarding members who make thought-provoking threads that encourages a discussion rather than a +1 PC.

10. This post has been liked by:

I think we could have a list of all the tokens a person can earn and with some add what the requirements are say the first level a person can request and then the rest after that are at the staff discretion.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]