☆~NEET ORGANISATION - THE LOLITA~☆ legendary_addict's Avatar

☆~Reviving Groups and Special Events involving Groups~☆

Okay, so I saw the groups section, and found out it was last active last year. I think this idea will bring some competition and more activity.

Alright, here we go. How about we bring the groups back alive, host some kind of contests between groups. It can either be that ASB, URPG, and others that Lightning Dash keeps bugging me to join, art contests, or competitive battling. Maybe hosting a championship for each section per month? We can schedule when they are held so people can remember and join, test their skills and have fun. Maybe we can also make "evil" groups where you have to defeat them to stop their evil plans to take over one particular part of the forum like the Battling section, or other stuff.

Group Championships:
    So here's what I have in mind. We can maybe hold championships between groups to determine who's the best group out of all the groups created. So for example, we hold a championship for the most artistic group, and have set judges to determine the winner. Maybe give them the entries with only the group number to prevent bias. The winner can be featured in something like the Member of the Year/Month.

Team *insert group name here* Attacks the *forum here* !
    So, how do we make things intense without a good antagonist? So I thought there could be groups where they try to take over a certain section by getting the most attention and becoming really good at what they do. Like the Pokemon Games, you try to stop them by defeating them in what they do best. So if they are really good at battling, you have to try your best to defeat 50% of their grunts or more to be able to battle and possibly defeat their admins and leader. If you fail, you may continue where you left off and take your time planning out how to beat them.

Flaws I found:
    • Not everyone wants to join groups
    • Hard to host championships
    • Evil teams may be too good to be defeated and lessen activity
    • People who are very competitive might not like losing a championship and start rants
    • I suck at naming so I may just join someone else's group, or try my best to come up with a cool name. I'm sure other people find this hard too.

So, any thoughts on it? Comments, Changes, Rants, please post away, don't let your opinions go to waste! I don't mind it not being implemented, but I would love to see a bit of competition and people trying their very best to win~

~That text above, so true~

FC: 1220-7270-9056
    Add me to get a lot of eggs! And no, they are not Bad Eggs, ban me if they are.
    Also, if anyone wants to battle, feel free to challenge in-game, I'm always ready,
    unless I'm fighting the League, or another person.

It almost sounds like the WAR's we have and we usually have them during the summer because everyone is so busy during the rest of the year with school. Although this looks like it would be something a bit different.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It would be cool if we could have some small ongoing stuff for groups to join in, besides WAR. We probably don't have enough groups right now though, or enough activity to keep so many groups alive. Thanks for sharing your ideas though! WAR will be happening in June/July and it's basically a contest between groups in every area of the forum (writing, drawing, URPG, roleplay etc.). As Caite said, it's held in (American) summer time since then most people are off from school. :)
    GCEA

☆~NEET ORGANISATION - THE LOLITA~☆ legendary_addict's Avatar
    Ohey, I completely forgot about the WAR thing xD Must've been so long since I was last active. Whoops x3

But yeah, I did notice that there aren't much groups, or activity for this to work. Maybe it could be a small competition against people who may not be able to join the WAR? Probably for other people who has a different timezone and has too much work going on their life (like tons of homework, exams, part-time work and such)?

~That text above, so true~

FC: 1220-7270-9056
    Add me to get a lot of eggs! And no, they are not Bad Eggs, ban me if they are.
    Also, if anyone wants to battle, feel free to challenge in-game, I'm always ready,
    unless I'm fighting the League, or another person.