Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    *Please make sure you understand the rules everyone. If your post directly conflicts with an on going story it will be ignored. If it happens more than once, the post will be deleted. Please make sure you are keeping track of what others are doing before posting something that has to do with an area or character already in use. @Dennis Jansen- First warning bud. Your post must be changed. I would avoid the gym altogether.

Trainer Name: Max
    Pokemon:
    Chunk(P:4/16)/ Lila (P:5/5)/ Pidgey (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Items: Pokemon(x8), Potions (x10)
    Included in this Post:

and

Trainer Name: Meghan Stratus
    Pokemon:
    Kaze (5/5) Chompers (5/5) Gore (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Items: Pokemon(x3), Potions (x10)
    Included in this Post:

GM Story Info
    Current Location: Virdian
    Time: 230pm
    Day: 1
    Month: May
    Season: Summer
    Current Team:

Yellow Team
    Ethan
    Max
    Markus
    Zenith
    Moon

Blue Team
    Davis
    Alice
    Tyler
    Meghan
    Rose
    Rocky
    Dennis
    Virtue
    Brandon
    Ethan

Viridian City Gym @Lightning Dash @Brettles

"Um... I have three Pokemon? ... three vs three sounds good? ... My name is Rocky" he spoke nervously, looking into the darkness. His voice cracked as he said his name.

There was a paused after he spoke allowing the tension to build in the room.

"Fair enough.."the creepy voice spoke.

On light in the center of the floor turned on. The light was to dim to see the surroundings. Just the select area.

"Now than, traditionally the challenger draws first. Seeing that I have a trainer who is clearly more brave and intelligent than the normal beginner I will go first out of a sign of respect."

Pokemon Battle !

Gym Leader Geovanni

Ryhyperior (Points:87)(Type: Rock/Ground)

Meanwhile on Route 22
    Before Markus or the others could exit the route the loud sound of a flock of spearows landed inbetween where Markus was and the others. Max looked over head.
    "Spearows...huh..." Max said

Wild Pokemon Appears

Spearow (Points:6)(Type: Normal/Flying)

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

URPG Staff

Trainer Name: Virtue "Vi" Ricardna
    Location at Beginning of Post: In Viridian Gym.
    Partner Pokemon: N/A
    Pokemon Team:
    Charles (5/5)
    Cobalt (0/5)
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    Pokedex, Journal, Sketchpad, x9 Pokeballs, x2 Potions

Eggs:
    Spoiler:
    N/A

Points 5 (+1)
    Affected Players: @Brettles

As Virtue sat against the wall, she could see, or at least tell the shaking feeling in the trainer ahead of her. She couldn't help but feel a little awkward in the situationt oo, being the one who tried to stop the guy. The leader here obviously did not like his alone time stopped, which made her question the current circumstances. The first part being his Pokemon. It was clearly stronger than anything she was used to seeing. If this was to be the first, it was not fair in any trainer's way besides the leader. Thinking about the situation, she decided to finally talk.

"Leader. as I do not know your name yet, I'm going to guess something here." As she was saying this, she took out her Pokedex, and brought it up to the Pokemon, the device responding quickly. "Rhyperior, the Drill Pokemon. It is the evolution of Rhyhorn." As the sound partially echoed in the silent room, she finished her previous sentence. "You aren't close to being the first gym leader. By the tone you put in your sentences,you obviously have a lot more experienced than us, and want to show that. But these are all assumptions of course. But if I may ask one thing, what is your name?" With her curiosity peaked, she pet the Charmander who was hugging her basically. By the appearance of Rhyperior, it was most likely frightened.

She looked back to Rocky, saying one last thing in warning.

"Good luck, although I don't know if that'lll help you."

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Trainer Name: Alice

Aster (5/5)
    [Bulbasaur, Male]
    Domino (0/5)
    [Rattata, Female]

Items: Pokeballs (x5), Potions (x2)

Before she could leave for the Pokemon Center in Viridian, a small flock of Spearow flew overhead. Alice knew a flying your would be useful for getting through Viridian Forest. She followed the direction of the birds and found them perched on the ground and in the trees. She stumbled one out which was pecking at a tree branch.

Alice grabbed Aster's pokeball from her pocket and released her Pokemon. She knew it would be a tough battle with Asyer's type disadvantage, but Domino was out of action.

Aster took a look at the flock of birds and crouched nervously beside his trainer. He had encountered way too many flying types lately for his liking.

"You can do this, Aster," Alice encouraged.

"Saur?" Aster replied unsurely, but he stepped forward toward the Spearow.

"Use Razor Leaf!"

Aster shot pointed leaves at the tree branch where the Spearow was perched. The bird squawked angrily and dove from its branch, straight at Aster, its beak glowing.

"Get ready to dodge!" Alice frowned.

Aster jumped to the right just before the Spearow hit. He wasn't quite fast enough, and took a glancing blow to the side.

"Aster!" Alice cried. "Hang in there! Let's try Tackle!"

Aster and the Spearow made beelines for each other as Alice watched nervously. "Now jump!" she coached.

The Bulbasaur froze however. It seemed that the sight of Spearow flying at it was just too much. Alice knew that this battle would be over if Spearow landed another move. "Come on Aster! You can do it!" Alice cried desperately. "Just jump!" At the last second, Aster managed to jump into the air, narrowly avoiding the bird, which flew right under him. As the surprised bird pulled up, Aster spun and hit it with a Tackle. The blow slammed the bird into the ground, where it tottered dizzily.

"Great work!" Alice cheered. She reached into her bag and pulled out an empty Pokeball. She threw it at the Spearow, and it bounced off and then absorbed the bird Pokemon. After a few wobbles, there was a PING!

Capture
    Item Being Used: Poke Ball
    Item Effects: N/A
    Item Quantity: 6-1=5
    Pokemon Capturing: Spearow
    Cost: 6
    Points on Hand: 23
    Points After: 17
    Link to stats: In sig
    GCEA

Pokemon:
    Chunk(P:4/16)/ Lila (P:5/5)/ Pidgey (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Items: Pokemon(x7), Potions (x10)
    Included in this Post:

and

Pokemon:
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Included in this Post:

GM Story Info
    Current Team:

Yellow Team
    Ethan
    Max
    Markus
    Zenith
    Moon

Blue Team
    Davis
    Alice
    Tyler
    Meghan
    Rose
    Rocky
    Dennis
    Virtue
    Brandon
    Ethan

"Miss Ricardnas, the nature of pokemon battling is an ever winding road. To underestimate the young heir the Smithwick estate would be careless and a man in position does not make such mistakes. " The man stayed hidden in the shadows all you could see was his outline and a fraction of a persain lying on the floor next to his chair.

"The implant on your arm is state of the art its capacity makes it deceivingly useful, you are fortunate to come from money.. Its not the arm that we need to worry about though is it Vii? Its that reckless temper of yours. Its kind of funny that the two most privileged trainers with the worst tempers ended up straying from the group and breaking into my gym. Must be use to getting what you want." His voice stayed very serious
    " You can call me Giovanni." He said sitting forward raveling his smile with the rest of his face still cloaked in shadow.

Meanwhile

Max watched his teammates go for the pokemon. With Chunk a little tired from battle it was Lila turn.

Capture
    Item Quantity: 8=7
    Points on Hand: 51
    Points After: 45
    Link to stats: In sig

After the capture Max caught up with Alice.
    "Nice capture..." He paused
    "Sorry I seemed upset with you earlier." He paused
    " On Route 1 I noticed a marking on a tree..that signaled Blue would be waiting here. Some of league battlers use code to set up battles or meet discreetly."
    Last edited by Rival Max; 03-20-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Markus 'Mark' Novolos
    Pallet Town North
    TSUNAMI the SQUIRTLE (5/5); TYPHOON the BAGON (5/5)
    Items: Poke Balls x 9, Potions x 2

Markus swore he was about to give up, but the flock of Pidgey he was gunning for turned into a Flock of Spearow, who would serve the same purpose.

"OK, Tsunami!" Markus called out, sending forth the tiny turtle Pokemon to his aid. The Squirtle leered at the Spearow he targeted intensely, the fight beginning. "Tackle!"

Tsunami and the Spearow rushed fowards at the same time, but the Spearow was faster, making a quick, but powerful jab to the face. It stopped Tsunami's tackle cold, however, and foam started coming out of its mouth...

...Bubble? Bluh, he personally preferred Water Gun, but he couldn't pick and choose.

"Keep doing that foaming thing! That's a Bubble attack." Markus said. He wasn't entirely sure if Tsunami was instintively aware of what he just did, or that it had a name, so he ought to be cautious. Tsunami nodded in response, quickly turning foaming water into a full-on wall of bubbles. Hardly aimed, but a good start, Markus figured.

The Spearow didn't seem to care much for it, and attempted another bum rush. However, as soon as it hit the bubble, it popped quite noisily, and the Spearow went backwards as if hurt. Markus could not understand how freaking bubbles could even hurt at all, but he wasn't going to question things in his favor too deeply. The Spearow's attempts to get away merely popped more bubbles, and the bubbles apparently had enough force to slightly push the Spearow, popping more bubbles...They barley hurt on their own but when there were dozens of deadly bubbles, it suddenly made for a good defensive maneuver.

Somehow.

In any case, the Spearow grounded itself, rather dazed by all the bubble popping. It appeared as if some bubble substance got into its eyes by some means, the way it was blinking.

"Now, Tackle!" Markus said. Tsunami obliged, and with the Spearow currently busy with getting the odd bubble substance out of its eyes (and it is called thus because the one thing Markus was dead sure of was that it was NOT plain water), the hit was straight-on and greatly effective, knocking the Spearow a considerable distance backwards.

"OK, that's excellent! Now, let's capture!" Markus said, throwing the Poke Ball hard and fast at the dazed Spearow. It hit dead-on, sucking in the spearow...

...Back and forth...Back and forth...Back and forth...Back and forth...

Item Quantity: 9 (now 8)
    Points on Hand: 11
    Points After: 5
    Link to stats: A WILD SIGNATURE APPEARED!!!

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Pokemon:
    Chunk(P:4/16)/ Lila (P:5/5)/ Pidgey (5/5)/ Spear (0/6)
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Included in this Post:

and

Pokemon:
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Included in this Post:

GM Story Info
    Current Team:

Yellow Team
    Ethan
    Max
    Markus
    Zenith
    Moon

Blue Team
    Davis
    Alice
    Tyler
    Meghan
    Rose
    Rocky
    Dennis
    Virtue
    Brandon
    Ethan

"Pretty good capture, kid.." a feminine voice called out from behind Markus.

The girl smiled
    "Names Jenie." She said

" Though you may have wanted a higher level Spearow to complete your team."

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    Name: Tyler Phoenix
    Phyre (5/5)
    [Charmander, Male]
    Splinter (5/5)
    [Rattata, Male]
    Zar’roc (5/5)
    [Absol, Male]
    Items: Pokeball x6//Potion x2

Tyler made his way to the Pokemon Center, busying himself with more sketches and information while Nurse Joy was healing his Pokemon - it wasn't that he didn't want to talk to the others in the Pokemon Center, but he was feeling a little unconfident and lost. He loved exploring, sure. But this was new. There wasn't a house to return to, there wasn't the Dragon's Den a short while away. He was out on a continuous journey with camping equipment and a journal he could use to write home if he wanted. He sighed, staring down at the image of Zar'roc he was drawing. Putting it away, he picked up his Pokemon from Nurse Joy, leaving the Pokemon Center. He wasn't sure where he would head, but he wanted to find somewhere quite quiet.

Pokemon:
    Chunk(P:4/16)/ Lila (P:5/5)/ Pidgey (5/5)/ Spear (0/6)
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Included in this Post:

and

Pokemon:
    Partner Pokemon:
    Egg:
    Included in this Post:

GM Story Info
    Current Team:

Yellow Team
    Ethan
    Max
    Markus
    Zenith
    Moon

Blue Team
    Davis
    Alice
    Tyler
    Meghan
    Rose
    Rocky
    Dennis
    Virtue
    Brandon
    Ethan

Most of the group had stayed back in Viridian City. As they took time to heal pokemon and walk around a strange sound filled the air. A flock of Spearows entered the city landing all over the place. The aggressive bird pecked at each other.

Wild Pokemon Appear!

Spearow (1)Spearow (2)Spearow (3)Spearow (4)Spearow (5)
    (Points:6)

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    Name: Tyler Phoenix
    Phyre (5/5)
    [Charmander, Male]
    Splinter (0/5)
    [Rattata, Male]
    Zar’roc (0/5)
    [Absol, Male]
    Items: Pokeball x6//Potion x2

Tyler looked over at the flock of Spearow landing around the city. He scowled. "Great, just what I need. Spearow's interrupting the silence." He looked away from them and kept walking, determined to ignore the loud, aggressive birds. He moved towards a small pool of water near the edge of the city and near the border of Route 2. He looked around for people, and noticed a large man laying on the other side of the pool.

"Excuse me?" he called over to the man. "I don't suppose you could tell me how you managed to get over there?" Tyler stared over the the man, who was ignoring him, seemingly unaware. Tyler tapped his foot impatiently. "Mister, hey!" He called again. This time, the man looked over.

"Mrrrh, what do you want?" he yawned lazily.

"How do you get to that side of the pool?" Tyler called over. "I don't really want to swim over." He smiled at the man, who looked back hazily. The man pointed at the large ledge south of his location, and then north to a series of thickets.

"You can try and climb that ledge, you can cut through that series of thickets. Or," he mumbled, "you can fly over or swim over. Heck, you could get a Pokemon with teleport to hop over."

Tyler glared a little. "So I can't get over there and enjoy the cityscape?" The man shook his head, laying back on the floor, obviously done talking to Tyler. "Great," he muttered. He sighed, and looked back at the city. The Spearow were still aggressively fighting and flying. "This is just great."

*Hi Max, I couldn't find the bonuses per level chart in TY (not sure if I'm being blind or they are not there), so i got them from GCEA: How to Battle

Trainer Name: Rocky
    Pokemon:

Fury (5/5) Speedy (5/5) Rusty (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:N/A
    Egg: N/A
    Items: Pokeballs(4), Potions (2)
    Current Game Points: 12
    Trainers Affected:@Lightning Dash "Vi"

The Mystery trainer sent out his first Pokemon. A 7 foot mountain of rock and anger. It roared and Rocky's three Pokemon froze and looked at it in apprehension.

The mysterious gym leader waited for Rocky to move. While he collected his thoughts, the voice of the other trainer came to his ears and he heard her telling the Gym leader off for being so aggressive to a new trainer. It was nice to have someone on his side.

He turned to his Pokemon. "That thing is way out of our league, I can't ask you to go out there. I know it looks bad to walk away from a challenge, but you could get seriously hurt if we continue. I'm going to apologise and leave."

Well, That kicked up a fuss. "Char, Chamander, char char!" "Rat Rat tatattatat!" "Ron aron Ron!" The three Pokemon refused to move, they were also itching for their first fight, even if they were nervous.

"Well OK, as long as you are sure. Let's show em what team Rocky is made of!"

The other trainer and the Gym leader traded barbs, and Rocky learned that her was Vi, and also that the Gym leader's Name was Giovanni.

Vi wished him luck.

"Thanks Vi. I think I'm going to need it."he said before turning to the gym battle floor.

"Thank you, Mr Giovanni, for accepting my challenge. I will do my best, who knows maybe I can pull of an upset!"

The battles were fast, and Rocky did NOT pull of an upset!

"Go get it, Fury. If you headbutt it in the cracks of it's armour, you might break through." Rocky called to the Charmander. It ran as fast as it could and slammed it's head into the Rhyperior's chest. Rhyperior did not even flinch. It pulled up a hude rock and smacked fury over the head with it, instantly knocking the poor Charmander to the floor. Fury was not only Knocked out, it's tail flame was fading out. Rocky knew that was bad, he called Fury back to it's ball so that he could get protect it until he got to a pokemon center.

Opponent: Rhyperior
    Attacker: Fury the Charmander
    Opponent's Point Value: 87
    Attacker's Point Value: 5
    Bonuses: +5 (Evo Bonus)
    Opponents's Remaining Points: 87
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
    Fury faints

Giovanni sat there with a sinister smile. That annoyed Rocky! He had seen that smile on the faces of many a bully throughout his life. Never had it been directed at him though, he was too big for bullies to pick on, but his size didn't protect him here. Here, it was all about the Pokemon, and this bullying gym leader had him dead to rights. 'No way I'm backing down now! If I lose, I'm at least going to bloody his nose!'

Speedy ran out onto the field next. "Go as fast as you can Speedy. Maybe it won't be able to hit you!" Speedy zoomed back and forth showing of his speed. It would have been a fantastic idea, if speed could have avoided the next attack. Rhyperior stuck both it's arms into the ground and stated to shake, setting off a huge earthquake on the field. There was no way for Speedy to avoid the rocking smashing earth and he was quickly knocked out as well. Brettles recalled the crumpled Rattata back to it's Poekball. It too needed urgent medical care.

Attacker: Speedy the Rattata
    Bonuses: +5 (+Evo Bonus)
    Speedy faints

Giovanni's smile only got more predatory as Rocky sent in his final Pokemon. This was bad and rocky knew it, but on the other hand he had seen many Pokemon taken apart by Steel types in his time at Canalave gym, perhaps this could go his way. It didn't!

Rhyperior opened it's arms wide and rushed at Rusty. The brave little Aron raise it's front leg and slashed out with a metal claw attack, which left a gash on the Rhyperior's face. Rocky didn't celebrate however as Rusty was sent flying through the air to smash into a pillar. It was out of the fight and looking as bruised and battered as Rocky had ever seen on a Steel type.

Attacker: Rusty the Aron
    Bonuses: +5 (-5 steel v Rock, +5 Ground v steel, +5 ground v rock)
    Rusty faints

The fight was over and it had been completely one-sided. Rocky had had his backside kicked quite handily. He was intimidated by the gym leader. He just wanted to get out of there, but their were the proper forms to follow.

"Thank you for for the battle, Mr Giovanni. I concede defeat! I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to give you a better battle. Perhaps we can do this again when I get stronger."
    Last edited by Rival Max; 03-20-2015 at 10:54 PM.