A Poem For You - GCEA Kanto Start up Submission

A Poem For You

“Drifting along the ocean blue, I take it in, I think of you. I cast my feelings into the unknown, like bait to which, I hope you are drawn. My feelings drift along the rhythmic shore, like the love song with the perfect score.” Max writes trying to keep the paper still as a warm breeze sweeps off the lake. He takes a deep breath looking out over the water.
    “Does drawn rhyme with unkown?” He says looking at Aipom who lets off a lazy yawn. He sighs, taking his writers block out on the carefree monkey type.

“Super helpful, Furball..Real poet you are.”
    “Whenever I look into ripples blue, I see a reflection that isn’t true. I see the soft highlights of a familiar face; even now it shows your grace.” Max continued writing stopping as his pokegear vibrated.
    He flipped it open; Download’s hologram appearing in front of him. The Porgyon 2 looked around scanning the area.
    “Max, I couldn’t help overhear your whispers and mumbles to yourself. I also picked up the vibration in your pens movement. I word of advice if you will, Women are like fine wine. You have to put them in a dusty cold basement and wait until they mature properly. Things get better with age.” Download paused for a second realizing how that must have come out.
    “What I mean to say is wine lovers know wine and respect it for what it is. A bunch of analogies about the sea are not as romantic as they are lazy. Talk about her red hair, or some of the human characteristic she displays like silliness or her rash temper. I think it might be best to scrap…” Max turned off the hologram shutting the porygon up.
    As he sat there looking out over the water he put the pen and pad down trying to intake what it was that drew him to her. She loved the water and shared many traits with it; it’s calm gentle flow, its warm embrace and even its rocky destructive unyielding waves.
    “Damn, I hate when he is right.” Max coughed out, knowing Download had a point.
    His eyes drifted over the water, his thoughts slowly transitioned into memories of their first meeting. Ten months seemed like a life time ago he thought. Max had just beaten Hoenn’s fifth gym with the Feather Badge in hand he backtracked to Route 19. Route 19 had a river leading away from a beautiful waterfall. Above that waterfall Max had a secret base which he had found by chance looking for rare pokemon. As he maneuvered the rocky path up the waterfall he noticed a girl fishing near the entrance of his base.
    “Download.” He whispered. “Scan the base for any breaches.” He growled. Max watched the girl carefully, making his way around her staying out of sight. He could not get to his base without her knowing. Max moved through the prickly bushes trying his best to not draw attention.
    “I know you’re there.” An annoyed voice called out.
    Max poked his head out of the bushes, it was followed by Furballs pink shiny head. A girl was standing nor more than five feet away from the bushes with her arms folded.
    “You shouldn’t be creeping around someone like that. You could really upset someone.” Misty huffed.
    Max fell forward out of the bushes flat on his face. Aipom lept up in the air coming down on Max’s back and making her way to a spot directly on top of Max’s head.
    “Aipa…Aipa.” The little monkey said jumping off Max’s head and rushing over to Misty. Max’s poked his head out of the mud. His face completely covered in the brown watery claw. Misty burst out laugh falling on to her butt. Aipom followed suit laughing to mimic her.
    “That shows you, for sneaking up on a lady like this. Who is this little pokemon she’s cute.” She laughed picking up Aipom.
    Max growled. “Yup, it shows me.” He pushed himself back to his feet.
    “You want her you can have her! She’s a no good rotten thief. The two of you will do fine together.” He said sarcastically.
    He tried to figure how to get into his base when he got a spot of luck. Max noticed Misty’s fishing pole shaking.
    “Looks like you caught something…might have to give a guy a break now.” He said finally cooling down.
    Misty swung around. “Oh man! OH man!!” She said rushing over to the pole and grabbing a hold of it.
    Aipom returned to Max’s shoulder. The two began to walk away knowing now wasn’t the time to test if she was paying attention. Max caught her struggling to reel it in from the corner of his eye. He turned to keep walking when the DL vibrated.
    “Damn…” He muttered under his breath.
    “Fine, fine I’ll help her.”
    He walked up behind Misty to help pull in the pokemon. Misty of course didn’t like this bumping him back with her elbow.
    “I don’t need your help.” She said trying her best to pull in the pokemon.
    Max stepped back and watched the girl finally get the pokemon out of the water. To his amazement it was a shiny Feebus. He rushed back over to help her again and as they struggled to pull it in. The pole snapped in half. Feebus darted away swimming foolishly towards the edge of the waterfall. Misty and Max feel back to the ground with her no broken rod.
    “See what you did!” She said shoving him away from her. “I didn’t need your help!” She frowned.
    Max ignored her completely. His eyes fixed on the Feebus floating towards the edge of the waterfall. With a moment’s hesitation he jumped up and leapt into the fast moving stream. He swam after the pokemon as fast as he could. When he got close enough to grab onto the broken line still attached to the Feebus he grabbed on tight. He started to the pull the pokemon towards him but both were carried over the edge of the waterfall. Misty quickly jumped up, Aipom ran right behind her. She pushed through the bushes to get a better view of the waterfall. She gasped as she didn’t see anything in the misty cloud surrounding the pool of water at the base of the falls.
    There was a moment of complete silence. Aipom poked its head over the edge unsure if her partner was alright. A humming sound broke through the mist and a Scizor appeared holding on to Max who intern was holding onto the Shiny Feebus. As Scizor landed near Misty, Max jumped down.
    “The odds of finding a pokemon this rare are very very low. I don’t care what you think of me but I would never rob a fellow trainer of a potential capture of such an amazing pokemon. Feebus also is a sign of great fortune. Those who capture one are blessed with luck and possess great beauty.” He said softly looking Misty in the eyes.
    “I know how corny that must have sounded. I had just thrown myself over a waterfall for a Feebus. I wasn’t thinking right. Also, I don’t think she cared what I said.” Max said to himself. The two smiled at each other taking a few seconds before talking again. Misty brushed her hair away from her eyes looking at Max who stood there awkwardly with a the Feebus in his arms.
    “Ummm …Here’s your fish.” Max said quickly handing over the Feebus.
    Max couldn’t help but smile as his hand brushed across Misty’s while the Pokémon was being transferred. The two paused for another moment before going their separate ways. Max watched Misty walk away disappearing into the now setting sun set.
    “I did’t even say bye. “ He sighed
    “Or tell her my name.” Max said looking at Aipom.
    As the memory faded, Max’s focus came back. He took a breath and just enjoyed the tranquility of the lakeside view. He picked up the pen biting the edge of it.
    “Funny to think a Feebus connected us..” Max said mostly talking to himself.
    Aipom stretched its arms and legs rolling over; its big tail flipped over smacking Max in the face. Max reacted by tossing the monkey type off his knee. Aipom expressed its anger by that move by grabbing a palm full of grass and tossing at her trainer. Max had no reaction to this, his mind was elsewhere.
    He continued to think about Misty. Six weeks had passed and Max had not seen the trainer again. He began to feel as if that chance encounter was his only shot to do something. That thought scared him. He visited his base every day for the next couple of weeks. When there was no sign of the trainer he decided it was time to move on. He needed to begin training for his next gym battle. Max packed up his things and sealed off the secret base. A few more weeks passed and Max found himself floating in the middle of beautiful sea that cradled Hoenn and its islands.
    Finally, after days of island hopping Max stumbled into his second chance encounter with Misty. It started with a simple navigational error and a nap. Max let out a yawn stretching his arms and legs. Bash the Blastiose’s body rocked slowly back and forth being swayed by the gentle motions of the surrounding seas. The edge of his shelf softly knocked against the steel haul of an abandoned ship.
    Blastiose poked its head out its shelf. “Tiose?” It said examining the area. He too had fallen asleep.
    “Yeah, I’m not sure either big guy.” Max said pulling out a plastic map and a compass. He let out another yawn stretching out some more.
    “Let’s head north to see what’s on the other end of this thing.” He yawned.

As he shuffled though his things he pulled out a bagel and a bag filled with raw karp meat. He tossed it down to the turtle type who ate it up quickly. Max enjoyed a bagel as Bash cruised around the frame of the steel ship boat. Once they cleared the left side they noticed land.
    “Awesome, let’s go to shore.” Max commanded.
    Once the two landed Max called back Blastiose to let him rest. Max flipped open the DL Nav unit, calling out the porygon hologram.
    “Upgrade, I need you to full chart our current location.” He said walking across the muddy beach.
    “Max, you may want to take one step to the right.” Upgrade said. Max looked at the pokemon confused.
    “Why ?” He questioned before all the lights when black.
    “To avoid the mud pile, sir.” Porygon said quickly shutting down.
    Max paused from the story looking at Fur ball.
    “I don’t remember waking up but I remember the feeling of the ropes on my wrists. I remember the throbbing pain in my head and I remember the moron in all red with the framed glasses. The moment I noticed she was tied up next to me. Nothing from that point on mattered to me, including the goofy attempt to hold us here with poorly knotted rope. Say all you want about the Team Aqua losers. At least they learned how to tie knots properly.” Max said continued to tell the Aipom the story.

“Hi again” Max said as if the two trainer were still back at waterfall.
    Misty’s first reaction would have been to scream her brains out but for some reason she didn’t. She just paused looking at Max with a big smile.
    “Hi Max..” She responded.
    “How’s that feebus doing? You training it well.” Max said trying to adjust himself into a less awkward position. The two had been tied up back to back.
    “Of course, she is so beautiful. You should see how fast she has gotten.” She smiled her cheeks getting a little flush.
    “That’s amazing.” He said pausing to take the moment in.
    “Lovely day today huh?” He said forgetting for a moment that he was even tied up.
    One of the magma grunts walked over and kicked Max in the side. After that the man who had been starring angerly at Max walked over.
    “Shut up Max!” He growled stopping to calm himself.
    “How many times are we going to have these kinds of run-ins, boy?” Maxie said taking his glasses off and cleaning them off.
    “I don’t want to seem cocky but at this point I had foiled these guys plans on so many occasions this wasn’t even a real concern to me. I just looked at the fools and responded.”

“As many times as it takes for you to guys to switch back to your old costumes. The new design is terrible. The greys just clash with the moron..plus the magma symbol it’s just so out dated. “ Max said watching Misty crack a smile. Max’s had one goal to make sure this trainer next to him was not scared. He knew that Upgrade could break through the rope but he would need a sometime. So Max continued to talk to distract Team Magma.
    “I got a joke for you.” Max said looking up at the grunts.
    “What do you call someone who studies swamps their whole life?” He said with a big smile.
    Max paused waiting for them to respond. Finally, one of the grunts stepped forward. The anger drained away from his eyes.
    “It’s Swampert!” The grunt laughed.
    “I can’t believe I figured out, I’m actually terrible at those kinds of puzzles.” He said finally shutting up as he realized his teammates were shaking their heads at his stupidity.
    Max sighed.
    “Damn I thought I had you, you wild man. I have no idea how you got that. For being such a good guy ill make sure you land in the water after the others.” Max said using his eyes to direct the grunts to look behind them.

They turned around to find the bulky creature growling in anger. Swampert grabbed three of the grunts and threw them out the window into the surrounding sea. He let out a loud roar in Maxie’s face stopping its knuckles. Maxie paused adjusting his glasses.
    “Well then.” He sighed.

Maxie, babe! I hate to see you go but I LOVE to see you leave!” Max smiled nodding at Swampert. Who then grabbed Maxie and tossed him out the window onto the grunts below. Max shook off the broken ropes helping Misty up. He looked at the last grunt.
    “ There he is!” Max said with a big smile.

“ I told you would have a soft landing.” Max said waving goodbye.
    The Grunt just paused. “Wait..I wanted to you a joooo.” He said going out the window.

“Two bad, that guy seemed like a class act!” Max said pausing once he realized it was just the two of them.
    “Thank you Max…I’m Misty…” She said carefully moving close to him. As she got closer he nervously backed up bumping into the wall of the room.
    Aipom poked at him snapping him out of it. He jumped up startled.

“She kissed me on the cheek that day.” Max said looking off into the distance.

Aipom waved her tail in face to see if he was there but he drifted off once again.

“After that day, her and I were insuperable. We traveled the island groups together battling gyms and meeting new people. We spent months just together traveling and training. I guess the day that stands out the most after that first kiss was the day the Feebus evolved.” Max thought to himself now focusing back to another memory
    The trainers ran hand and hand together down the streets of Evergrande City. This place was the home of the Pokemon League. Some of the best trainers in the world have passed through here. Near the League was a beautiful waterfall. The two raced to see who would be the first one into the water. The two playful flirted with each other. The splashed each other jumping around. Max swam over to her pulling her really close.

“And that’s when it happened.” Max shook his head looking down at Aipom.

“As I pulled her in for the kiss, Feebus came out of its pokeball and swam right between us. I felt a cold splash of water right before I mistakenly kissed Feebus. Misty burst out laughing. After kissing the kiss I tried to swim away. I didn’t want her to see my face that red. She quickly grabbed my hand. Max look. She said smiling at me. The most incredible thing happened.” Max said petting the furry little Aipom.

“Feebus evolved right before our eyes into a beautiful Milotic.” Max said with a big smile.
    Light shot out all over the place as the once small purple fish began to transform into its next stage of being. The creature that came out of this transformation was a majestic creature. Misty and Max were instantly smitten by the beautiful creature.
    “Did she evolve because of us..” She said pulling Max’s hand tightly. Misty’s cheeks were flush as she smiled at Max. Whose face was just as red.

“I don’t think they evolve that way..” Max joked. Picking Misty up and putting her on Milotic.
    As the trainer and her new pokemon swam around, Max just floated there wadding through the water watching them.
    As the memory faded Max found himself smiling about those early days. After Feebus evolved Misty gave her to Max for his Championship Tournament. The Milotic was with him to this day.

“I got my ending.” He said picking back up the note pad .
    “Sometimes in life you leap into the abyss. For that feebus I earned a kiss. When I hear a waterfall, it’s you I think of, and that is all.” The End

GCEA Story: Yellow
    Name: Max
    Link: In Sig
    Pokemon Obtaining: Feebus
    Item: Pink Bow
    Last edited by Rival Max; 03-26-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Naw what a sweet end to the poem :)

Im still working on this. This is only half of it.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Yeah I finished !

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Review/Judgement time

Judging the Judge. Seems strange. Maybe even... poetic?

Sorry, I had to.

Okay, so I liked your story. It was unique and was a nice change of pace, to GCEAs usual dark plots. Good to see someone has enough time for love between saving the world and not getting recognized for it! The plot was definitely unique and honestly, I liked it. Usually I am not a fan of romance crap, unless it is between explosions in an action movie, but this was good. My only negative feedback is purely spelling and grammar, though it was mostly readable (Though spelling Feebas as Feebus made me want to scream on the inside), and the strucutre. I find that it was slightly hard to read in that there were a lot of paragraphs bunched together. But that isn't related to the story, so I present you with...

★★★★☆!