Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share a comic!

Share a comic!

Simple idea: make a post to share a comic!
    -One comic per post
    -No double posting! (unless it's been several days or a week, then do it to keep the thread going C: )
    -Try not to share a comic someone else has already shared. Even better, share a not well known comic!
    -If the comic is a one-off, try to share the artist/website the one-off is from (because there will probably be more!).
    -Link the comic too!

Also, when sharing a comic tell us a bit about it! Is it a Pokemon comic or not? What's the art style? Genre? What do you like about it?

I'll start off with Cucumber Quest (yeah starting off on the Pokemon forum with a non-Pokemon comic ;D)!
    Spoiler:
    Prologue cover:
    It's an adorable little comic where the dominate species are anthropomorphic rabbits. The biggest draw for the comic I feel like is it's art style. It's a very adorable and beautiful style. You think you're getting into a generic adventure comic with a nice mix of comedy and drama, but then it's so much more. There's really so mystery and foreshadowing, that I can't wait for each update. :D
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I had a look at Cucumber Quest yesterday. The style is so cute! :D It's funny so far too.

I shall share PokéDad: http://poke-dad.tumblr.com/

It's about Red's dad who goes on a quest to find his son and return him home. On the way, he starts his own Pokemon journey. It's really funny and makes fun of a lot of stuff in Red/Blue that maybe didn't make so much sense. xD It's pretty short too.

Spoiler:
    GCEA

Haha, that's great XD I'll definitely keep following it C:

Sharing: Team Overbite Nuzlocke: The First Dawn

This comic has actually been rebooted recently, so there's not many pages yet. I was watching this before it got rebooted and it was really going cool places, so I'm sure it'll be great this time around too. I'm not sure how much has changed since the reboot though, so I won't say too much on that front (originally it was a Sapphire Nuzlocke, not PMD Blue!). The art style is really adorable too, I have to say I love Littaly's art style. C:

Spoiler:

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Here is a short one shot I saw yesterday. :D It's very creepy. o_o

It's called "Mr Pokemon".

Spoiler:
    GCEA

That's terrifying o-o"

Sharing PMD: Astral Guardians! It's not gotten far yet, but I absolutely adore the art style (so clean!)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by PTGigi View Post
    I'll start off with Cucumber Quest (yeah starting off on the Pokemon forum with a non-Pokemon comic ;D)!
    OH MY GOSH I KNOW THIS COMIC BECAUSE THEY DID A VOICE OVER OF IT ON YOUTUBE. It was so cute. I wanted to try out but auditions had already closed. xD The voices are so great.

The lord of cookies :D purple umbreon's Avatar
    I'm going to share Moképon, it is totally child friendly, I swear : D
    Er....Let's forget about that one.

What I am actually sharing is A It is not a pokemon comic.
    "A" is a light story of how a young girl, Ryza Hartfelt, learns how to deal with infatuation, stress, friendship, and an unknown person who calls himself "A".
    At first, she dislikes "A" for being a stalker, but that soon changes as she goes through a journey of self-discovery with him.

Spoiler:

I'm sharing Through the Eons.
    It's a comic about the random adventures of a Latias and Latios, named Eona and Eono, as they look for a permanent place to live.
    I swear, it's better than it sounds. The art style is really good. And the characters have been fleshed out quite a lot recently.

Spoiler:

I'm back so I'll share a comic. I'm a loser so I'm going to share a comic my friend Josh makes. It's The Tyton Nuzlocke Challenge: Emerald Edition, and has semi-daily updates (use to update daily, but now he finishes a chapter and updates it daily). The story is going to some really interesting places in the more recent chapters so I can't wait to see what's going to happen! It's a long read though I'll warn you (682 pages as of this posting) and it nowhere near done. But it also delves into the characters a lot more than most other Nuzlockes I read and inspired my style of comics a great deal so I highly recommend it! :D

Also Josh has a better description written than I could so I'll give you that XD
    Kids, I'm going to tell you a story. The story of how I... no, wait. Sorry.

In a world overrun with eager trainers, the Pokemon Administration has taken desperate measures to ensure the remaining wild Pokemon survive, while allowing trainers to continue their paths. This has resulted in the limiting of catching wild Pokemon, the banning of certain items, and finally--the closing of Pokemon Resurrection Stations in all Pokemon Centers.

Enter Tyton. He's thirteen and has less than a year to get all the way to the Pokemon League. Join him and his team as they follow the road to the Elite Four, get wrapped up in the schemes of Teams Aqua and Magma, and (possibly) uncover the mystery of Scott the poofy-haired stalker. There's also a Latin ladies' man Lombre, a swagalicious Gloom, a Numel that hates everyone he's ever met, a firecracker of a Whismur, and the most lovable Dustox you've ever seen.

But we'll get to that.
    Spoiler:
    That loser doesn't have a cover page though (ilu2josh), he's waiting until the comic is finished to make one so I'll post this instead:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Milos from Home is pretty good. It's got an adorable artstyle and some awesome worldbuilding! It's your classic PMD Blue story with a much darker twist.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire