Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ninja's Majestic Hall of Sprites

I hope I never abandon this. cx The names of the edits are in order at the bottom of each category.

Disguises and Recolors

Aipom as Skiploom/Meadow Aipom | Bastiodon as Latios | Eevee as Jumpluff | Lapras as Meganium/Spring Lapras | Lotad as Gorebyss | Staraptor as Empoleon | Swampert as Grotle | Swellow as Meganium | Walrein as Cresselia | Vibrant Autumn Vaporeon | Below Zero Ninetales | Blazing Garbodor | Bright Electabuzz | Deep Freeze Magmortar | Crystallized Golem | Alt. Shiny Milotic | Patriotic Breloom | Spring Froslass | Purugly as Raikou | Forretress as Ferrothorn | Neopolitan Vanillite | Legendary Birds as Each Other
    Spoiler:

Rapture Mewtwo

"Alright, here's what will most likely be my entry. I'll try not to get indecisive again. This is most definitely not a Vanillite. In fact, it's a concept I'm very proud of: Rapture Mewtwo.

So, I may or may not be obsessed with BioShock. For those who don't know, it's set in Rapture, a massive underwater city. It was designed to be a paradise; an escape from reality, almost like Heaven on Earth. However, the society was flawed, and many people were addicted to a substance called ADAM, so it collapsed. Mewtwo is oddly similar to Rapture in this way. It, too, was created to be something godlike. However, it broke free, destroying the place it was created in. So, both cases were designed to be heavenly, but went horribly wrong.

Now, onto why the sprite looks like it does. The tail's ocean blue coloration is there because, you know, Rapture being underwater and all. The body is sort of bronze-y, like a lot of the buildings in Rapture, as well as enemies known as Big Daddies. I couldn't help but notice that the fleshy thing behind Mewtwo's neck looked like a tube, so I made it into a tube of ADAM. Its eyes are now the same color as the ADAM as well.

I do love this concept. <33"- Me upon entering this in Week 1 of WAR Season II's Pixel Art section

Fusions

Bravedoom | Dratikans | Driflie | Haxdravalier | Hippowsaur | Houndsol | Hounectric | Kypedo | Lanturnair | Leafusion | Mismellia | Ninjim | Omewstar | Swalord | Wairmple and Wurmlord | Yanccino | Yawnsenmowl | Beeler | Mr. Watch | Grumbone | Gotharia

Mega Evolutions

Revamps

Project Legendary
    This is a project I'm doing where I disguise non-legendary Pokemon as legendaries. It will be complete when every legendary that I can sprite has been done.

Fearow as Ho-Oh | Meowth as Mew | Scolipede as Dialga

Edits
    Because I'm not sure what else to call them XD

Witchcraft Gardevoir
    Last edited by ninjaskarmory; 06-14-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Is it ninja Skarmory or Ninjask armory?
    Friend Code: 3711 - 7604 - 5273

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

2. This post has been liked by:

Uhhh we hope you never abandon this too. xD I love them all. The fusions look great and I love the Zapdos looking Moltres.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Ahhhhhhh! These are super exciting to look at, can't wait to see more. I especially love the Dragonair fusion :) Keep up the good work!

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

These are pretty neat! C: For the disguises though, I might only suggest adding some patterns of the Pokemon they're disguising as, because right now they're really just recolors =P I really like your revamps and fusions, especially Kypedo! Awesome stuff!
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

Pretty good for just recently starting!

For your recolors, are you ripping colors directly off of other Pokemon sprites and using them like that or are you editing the colors on your own?
    It's never a bad idea to rip colors from another image if you need to. Sometimes it's difficult to come up with exactly what kind of color you want to use, so instead you rip a color from somewhere else and edit that to your liking. Something I do quite often, actually.

However, it's best that you edit the colors on your own after extracting them from another sprite. That way you don't end up with contrast issues.

Contrast is the visual difference between colors, shades, and the like. The contrast is a little too low in the yellow Articuno, the yellow on the Swampert, and especially the blue Eevee. Actually, just a while back ago I made a pretty comprehensive guide on recoloring and how colors work not too long ago. It IS a bit wordy, but I like to think that it's not as wordy as a lot of other things I've written. :P [postt=133022]Here it is![/post] The beginning is pretty boring because it literally goes over how to recolor step-by-step--something you clearly already know how to do--but within it are some tips and tricks that you might find pretty handy. ^^

I can't say I've ever been a fan of copy-paste fusions, but it's a start. Plus you've got some interesting little designs going on there. :> My favorites are the Kyogre x Sharpedo; Chinchou x Dragonair; Mewtwo x Omastar (especially, I love this one); Wurmple x Wailord (too cute); and Yanma x Sentret x Noctowl. The latter one and the Mewtwo one are my absolute favorites. Thing is, you've got creativity! And that's a wonderful foundation for a blooming artist. :D
    I'd say once you get more comfortable with copy-paste fusions, start trying to attempt more difficult fusions. That way you're forced to edit parts on your own to make the sprite flow a lot more smoothly.

I enjoy that you ACTUALLY attempted to re-shade your revamps instead of just slapping new colors on the older sprites and calling it a day. That bugs me to absolutely no end. Revamps are a really fun way to hone your skills in shading...as well as imitating a style of shading.

I saw that Dialga/Scolipede this morning while I was eating breakfast and I grinned from ear to ear. That is freaking hilarious. But also just downright adorable.

And ^THIS^ is why I wanted to wait until I got on my computer to comment! xD Anyway I'd love to see more fusions and revamps from you, but that's just my suggestion! Do whatever you enjoy the most.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I really like your revamps! And that Kyogre/Sharpedo fusion is fantastic. :O

Your legendary disguises are an awesome idea! That Dialga/Scolipede is clever and cute. :D
    GCEA

Alright! Adding a few more to the gallery. Thanks for all the positive feedback, I really appreciate it!
    @Speed-X, I'm using other Pokemon sprites and tweaking the colors a bit from there. Sometimes, when I'm bored, I just pick two Pokemon and play around with the colors a bit. Sometimes, I use a bunch of Pokemon for one color scheme. I mainly only do that for my themed recolors (the ones whose names sound like League of Legends skins, like Below Zero Ninetales), though. I fixed the Swampert, and I'm putting the new version up now, but the Jumpluff Eevee and Zapdos Articuno are being a pain to edit for whatever reason. I'll get to those later.

Also, before I categorize this one, would you call it a disguise or a fusion? If it's a disguise, I'll call it Forretress as Ferrothorn, but if it's a fusion, I'll dub it Forrethorn. Here it is, in all its spiny glory:

EDIT: Just realized I should probably say what else I added.

Here's Purugly as Raikou:

And some fusions:

Mr. Watch. I had a pretty fun time making this one! He was the result of a random Pokemon generator and boredom.

Grumbone. I was a little spooked by how well the Cubone skull fit on Grumpig. I decided to keep the black parts of Grumpig, as I wasn't too impressed by how it looked when I replaced it with brown.

And Gotharia. I LOVE this fusion. I had so much fun with the colors and the little bows, and I think it might be one of the prettiest fusions I've ever made.

I'm working on a more cheerful-looking fusion right now, it should be up soon.
    Last edited by ninjaskarmory; 05-03-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

9. This post has been liked by:

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    Personally I feel like it's more of a disguise than a fusion since it doesn't look too much like a mix between Ferrothorn and Forretress to me, and more like a Forretress with elements of Ferrothorn instead. I like how clean it is.

Wish there was a bit more contrast between your middle gray shade and your highlight color since I didn't notice it until I looked at it more closely in my pixel art program. The contrast between the middle shade and the shadows are fine in my opinion. Also you did have an anti-alias color which was barely noticeable at regular view. If they're too close together you may just be better off combining that and the highlight color.

For your other sprites, I really like Mr. Watch and Grumbone, looks great for fusions (though I'm no good at them myself so I can't really critique much about them right now).

11. This post has been liked by:

Thanks! I'll fix that up and add Forretress as Ferrothorn to the main post.

EDIT: How does this look?

I added Rapture Mewtwo, as well as this little cutie (who was almost my Week 1 Pixel Art entry):

14. This post has been liked by: