Senior Administrator

S5 Episode 9 spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Spoiler:
    Soooooo.... how much of a Stannis fan are you now? *wink* *wink*

Folks, the results are in!

Daenerys +1,000 fan love.
    Stannis -1,000 fan love.

Ah... after tonight's episode... I didn't think my love for dragons could get even higher! And it's another win for Team Targaryen!

(really feels like riding a dragon right now)
    Spoiler:
    Dude. What. That was so weird! I can't believe Stannis and his wife did that. o_o I was watching with a friend who has read the books and he said the show and books are pretty much completely different now...

Okay Dany got way more cool points except that she left everyone else on the ground to get stabbed. XD Was great to see some dragon action finally! Imagine how good she would be if she had trained all her three dragons. She wouldn't even need a guard! I know the show makes it seem like the dragons are impossible to control now, but really, if the Targaryen's of old rode them, they must obviously be able to tame/train them somehow.
    GCEA

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    I did NOT see Stannis's burning of the girl coming. That literally came out of nowhere.

LOL the knight guy who went to Bravos. "TOO OLD"

Danny: Yo she wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for her dragon.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Spoiler:
    What...

...the...

...funk...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around last night's season finale episode and I'm not doing too well with it.

So, Stannis getting killed... a bit of a surprise, but I don't think it was farfetched. Things were already looking bleak for him and he made some really awful decisions. Stansa and Theon jumping off the freaking wall, what the fudge was that about!? Given, I think Theon finally waking up and tossing that snotty archer girl (have no clue what her name is and I don't even remember if she's a major character) off the wall and watching her go splat was priceless, but... surely they could have found another way around? I'm also not even sure if they made it out of that alive or not. Guess it depends on the snow pileup below, but I'm honestly thinking they didn't make it given the whole series never really takes an optimistic outlook on things and certainly has no qualms about killing off character fan favorites. :P

Also... really not thrilled with what happened to Daenerys getting surrounded by the Dothrakis, but... at least she's not dead. Why the heck would her dragon bring her all the way over there? It... doesn't make that much sense. I'M thinking (and hoping) she gets out of that mess by the first and second episode of next season... without too much trouble. I still think Daenerys is cool even if she goofs up a little here and there.

Also, let's congratulate Arya for finally beating Bran at having the weirdest plot! I have no clue or understanding about what the heck exactly went down or why she suddenly went blind. It's definitely kind of a bleak situation, but... maybe she'll make it out? I'm hoping so.

And... it took a while for me to get "Shame! Shame! Shame!" out of my head. No matter how much you hate Cersei, watching her go through that was not cool.

And then BAM, I was NOT expecting them to kill off Jon Snow. Well, that just threw the "Ice and Fire" theory out the window. Psh, with what those guys did, I honestly wouldn't be all that sympathetic if the White Walkers and that undead army overrun the Wall.

Bleh, I really don't feel like waiting all the way until next season to find out what happens with all of this mess.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

S5 E10 spoilers

Spoiler:
    Oh em gee. I only just around to watching the season finale because I had been warned a fan favourite dies and I'd kind of put it off....

But wow I really wasn't expecting it to be Jon. What the. I really thought he was going to be important. I thought his parentage was going to be a huge plot point and he would maybe be the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark maybe even end up on one of Dany's dragons xD But no...

I have no idea where anything is going anymore!

I'm pretty sure Sansa and Theon don't die, but no idea where they plan to go...

I could see Stannis' death coming (though we didn't exactly see it, so who knows what happened really). He made terrible choices and there was no other option for him. I never trusted Melisandre but she did look honestly shocked that everything went so badly.

Cersei's thing was excruciating. I don't really like how the show keeps making me feel bad for the worst people. o_o But I don't think I'm really feeling bad for them as much as disgusted by the whole situation/idea no matter who it was happening to. Theon is another example of this.

I was really surprised that Myrcella seems to have died as well...

I recently read the 4th book and everything is super different. I'm not sure if the show is doing its own thing or if the producers just know what is going to happen next in the unreleased books and adding that stuff in.

Really though, there aren't many people left to root for... It's really only Dany now, with Arya and Sansa facing setback after setback. Hopefully Dany can get those dragons under control. I do think what's happening with Tyrion etc. could be interesting at least. No idea what is gonna happen with the Dothraki but we really don't need MORE bad things to happen...
    GCEA

I just love how this whole page is covered in spoilers. xD I haven't watched season five yet. I plan to...sometime.

Netflix spoilers
    Spoiler:

I'm so sad it's not on Netflix. ;o;

6. This post has been liked by:

Spoiler:
    Jon Snow is dead. Long live Jon Snow. I suppose we’ll find hints in casting and billing notes for Season 6 to know for certain if he is really dead. If Kit Harrington shows up on the rosters, we know Jon Snow isn’t really dead. And besides, nobody is ever for sure, absolutely, one-hundred percent dead in this story. Arya thinks Jaqen H’ghar is dead, but no, that wasn’t Jaqen. We think Catelyn Stark is dead but, in the books at least, Thoros of Myr (a red priest, like Melisandre) brings her back, much like he’s brought back Beric Dondarrian so many times (without ever burning a soul.) Seriously, I'm sure he will be reborn in some way either as an Other or as Azor Ahai (who is definitely not Stannis now that we know he is dead.)

Speaking of Stannis, I'm glad Brienne was the one to kill him. I never thought Stannis would be king, or at least not king for long. He was such an a**. How could anyone let their daughter burn to the stake...

And Arya killing Meryn Trant was so satisfying... These "good" moments in Game of Thrones are so rare, let’s just enjoy them. Arya needed a kill, needed to whittle away at that long death list of hers. I think being blind will help her to become no one, but I do agree that her storyline is getting really weird.

I think Daenerys will be just fine. I'm just glad she realized that Essos wasn't her home and now that all the Baratheons are dead, Dragonstone is left unprotected and it would be a perfect place for Daenerys to begin her conquest of Westeros just like her ancestor Aegon the Conquerer. I personally can't wait to see the Others fighting her dragons... It will be CGI madness. :)
    - URPG -

Senior Administrator

Rather than make a whole new thread, I figured it would be okay to revive this one now that Season 6 is in town.

Season 6 Premier thoughts:

Spoiler:

I'm quite glad Stansa and Theon didn't get captured/killed, and I was getting a little anxious when that hunting party found them. This series has no qualms about killing off characters whenever it feels like, so yeah, those two are ones I'd like to see survive if possible. I also like seeing Ramsay anxious and take the fall, because that douche-canoe makes me sick. I also like watching Brienne get medieval on those bastards.

There seems to be a little more hope for Daenerys (I swear, her and Stansa have so much in common when it comes to getting into trouble), but obviously she's not out of the hole yet. As my friend put it, she's going to be sent to the "barbarian nunnery," but that's a whole lot better than death stuff. I don't foresee her being stuck there too much longer, though. My guess is either one of her dragons will help her get back or she'll sneak her way out of there.

Things seem to be heating up at The Wall in the meantime. I'm not sure what Ser Davos is going to do and how it's all going to work out, but I don't think the only guesses I have in mind are going to be what turns out.

I'm not too happy about Arya's situation right now. She seems pretty much helpless at this point and that other weird girl from the temple keeps being a real b***h to her at every opportunity. I'm not even sure who would be around to help her and how they would even do it, or if she'll somehow find someway out of it on her own. I also have a funny feeling she's not going to get saved or bailed out of that mess for a while.

And lastly, I wasn't expecting THAT to happen to the Martells in Dorne (probably the biggest shock out of the whole episode), but it was pretty brutal and I'm not sure what is going to happen there either. Frankly, though, if that whole place goes down the classic George R. R. Martin crapper of death, I'm not going to be shedding a whole lot of tears. The only characters that were worth really caring about are all dead now. :x

So, thoughts on the Season 6 stuff?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Premiere spoilers...
    Spoiler:
    The premiere was a really weird episode...

First off, Martells. Was not expecting that AT ALL. The Sandsnake's mother is like the complete opposite in the books, not wanting war or anything. Also how did the sandsnakes get on Trystane's boat in King's landing when they were standing at the pier to see him off? And why was he left on the boat after Jaime went inside? I thought Cersei would have locked him up straight away or tried to use him against the Martells. So either Jamie would drag him to her or hide him somehow, depending on his mood. Not just leave him out there! :P So odd.

Sansa and Theon... I was watching with a friend and as soon as we saw them I was like "dude if they get captured AGAIN, I am so done" and he was like "nah, it won't happen, they'll be fine". Next minute... dogs! I'm glad Brienne appeared and that part was pretty cool.

Dany... kind of sick of all the lollygagging. xD I groaned when Tyrion was like "looks like we're not going to Westeros anytime soon" after the damage to the boats. I hope she escapes soon and gets on with things.

Arya's stuff annoys me. She's my favourite and I thought her worst struggles would be over once she reached the temple and she would just be training to be a super awesome fighter, but no. Seriously who smashes around a blind girl that badly. Being able to fight without seeing would be awesome but you don't need to be that brutal.

And then the wall... I thought Jon would be revived but no... at least not yet. Davos is awesome. I still think Melisandre will revive Jon. The other thing I've seen people say is she could glamour someone to make them look like Jon, but that would be kinda lame.

So many bits and pieces... and we still didn't see Bran!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Premiere spoilers...
    Spoiler:
    The premiere was a really weird episode...

First off, Martells. Was not expecting that AT ALL. The Sandsnake's mother is like the complete opposite in the books, not wanting war or anything. Also how did the sandsnakes get on Trystane's boat in King's landing when they were standing at the pier to see him off? And why was he left on the boat after Jaime went inside? I thought Cersei would have locked him up straight away or tried to use him against the Martells. So either Jamie would drag him to her or hide him somehow, depending on his mood. Not just leave him out there! :P So odd.

Sansa and Theon... I was watching with a friend and as soon as we saw them I was like "dude if they get captured AGAIN, I am so done" and he was like "nah, it won't happen, they'll be fine". Next minute... dogs! I'm glad Brienne appeared and that part was pretty cool.

Dany... kind of sick of all the lollygagging. xD I groaned when Tyrion was like "looks like we're not going to Westeros anytime soon" after the damage to the boats. I hope she escapes soon and gets on with things.

Arya's stuff annoys me. She's my favourite and I thought her worst struggles would be over once she reached the temple and she would just be training to be a super awesome fighter, but no. Seriously who smashes around a blind girl that badly. Being able to fight without seeing would be awesome but you don't need to be that brutal.

And then the wall... I thought Jon would be revived but no... at least not yet. Davos is awesome. I still think Melisandre will revive Jon. The other thing I've seen people say is she could glamour someone to make them look like Jon, but that would be kinda lame.

So many bits and pieces... and we still didn't see Bran!
    Yup, yup.

Spoiler:

I totally agree with your point on Dany. It's taking forever for her to get a competent army together and it's just setback after setback. I HOPE, as a Dany fan, this sleepy slug of a campaign gets moving soon, because my goodness, the give-a-damner needle is starting to dip.

And yeah, I was also annoyed by Arya's stuff. That's just CHEAP and that freak girl had absolutely nothing to gain by that. My only hope is she makes a stupid mistake in her hubris and Arya leverages the hell out of it. And I hope she gets her eyesight back. If it was magically-induced, reversing the effect could still be possible.

And yeah, everyone I know is saying Jon will be revived. I'm... honestly on the fence. That's the one big thing everyone wants right now and I know George R. R. Martin and the producers are not there to just happily concede to satisfy the masses. Even if it does happen, I foresee a big price to come out of it, but if it doesn't ever happen or fails spectacularly, I'm not going to be shocked. That, I've come to expect out of this series.

And yeah, still nothing on Bran. I actually don't feel guilty this time about almost completely forgetting about him. :x