Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Well that's not true. Game design is a different aspect of game development to programming. At our 'acedamy' (I feel posh saying that xD), we have game designers, who learn a bit of everything, then there's programmers and the artists. Game design has nothing to do with programming, and vice versa. Rather, they work in unison with one another. I'm terrible at programming, but I can still design a game. I would just have programmers do all the programming. xD But yes, you're right in that it certainly helps. If I had any sense of programming, I'd do much better when we have solo game-making assignments...like our current one.

Ah yeah. We've been learning C# to work with Unity. I know a bit, but barely any. xD Unfortunately C# isn't used with many other programs than Unity...though Unreal uses it, I'm pretty sure.
    Ah, ok, my bad. Someone else told me this, so meh. I'm a business major. :P

Considering how HUGE the list of credits is when you beat most games, I'd say most games take a TON of people to work on them. I mean heck, it's one of the biggest entertainment industries out there and it's only getting bigger!

I'm hoping one day I can get into some fun and engaging marketing position. I'd be a little bummed if all I ever do in my lifetime is data management for pharmaceutical companies. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ah, ok, my bad. Someone else told me this, so meh. I'm a business major. :P

Considering how HUGE the list of credits is when you beat most games, I'd say most games take a TON of people to work on them. I mean heck, it's one of the biggest entertainment industries out there and it's only getting bigger!

I'm hoping one day I can get into some fun and engaging marketing position. I'd be a little bummed if all I ever do in my lifetime is data management for pharmaceutical companies. :P
    Ahaha, that's okay! I'm just enlightening you. ^-^ And I should be working on my CW entry.

Yeah, that's true. xD Though the actual teams are usually rather small, unless it's a huge company like, well, you obviously know. xP All the big guys!

Of course you can move up in the ranks! You just have to belieeeeeeeeeeve!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I am currently entering my senior year of high school. I'm at a crossroads for two very different career paths. On one hand I could go to a very expensive school, my dream school, and the best for people who want to write in the south east, to study to become a writer. The pros: I get so much experience and exposure to being a writer that it's almost guaranteed I'll have something published by the time I graduate and I can at least start my career. Cons: VERY expensive, out of state, and the possibility that I won't have a job when I do get out of college. On the other hand, I could go into programming at a slightly cheaper school, the other school I've always wanted to go to, and know many people when I start out. Pros: Close to home, not that expensive, in state, most of my family and friends attend this university, programming pays well, and programming is highly demanded in job fields right now. Cons: No guarantee I'll ever be able to take up the job I love, MATH, and I'm close to home where my mom can still control my life.

I've also considered looking into filmography since I've shown some talent in that, but since I haven't gotten much refinement in that field yet (in two weeks I'll be receiving said refinement) I can't really consider that an option yet.

Thoughts?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Unfortunately, cost is a large barrier for most looking into colleges. :/ In my opinion, the first school sounds better, the only issue is the cost. If your family wants to help you and put you through the college anyway, I'd go for it and help pay it back if you have the option. Out of state is EXTREMELY expensive, though...But I think you should follow what you want to do for a career. I don't think I'd go to a college that wouldn't guarantee me a program of what I wanted to do. :p I think this is more of a thing to discuss with family, since they're really going to be the ones to put you through!

For me, I think my college horizons have been greatly broadened. As of yesterday, I learned I made 5s on both my AP Exams (5 is the highest grade), one of which (AP Language and Composition) has, iirc, the lowest pass rate of all AP Exams. AP United States History is on the low side as well, so I'm very excited that I made 5s on both!! I've been thinking about going to a school in-state near the coast of the state, where I'd major in biology (minor in chemistry, but I'm not wholly certain of my minor as of yet), then go to a community college close to that school after I graduate and become a veterinary technician. Now that I've gotten my scores back, I think I'll be able to shoot higher, so I'm not sure where I'll go next. ^^'

|||||||||