Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News - May 2015

News - May 2015

I think I'll probably post these monthly posts closer to the end of the month rather than on the 1st. I'm too impatient to wait a few extra days apparently.

Update Status

There's going to be a lot of updates this month- bonus page plus that horrible time of the year make for about 12 pages during May. As always, I hope to have no delays in updates- which so far seems pretty doable- though there might be a slight bump in the first part of the month.

- School
    Yeah. With so many updates this month, I'm going to rely pretty heavily on what buffer I've already gotten ready. Unfortunately, that isn't going to hold up for too long. Finals begin next week, which is nice and all.... except my major doesn't do final exams. We do the mass turning in of projects right before finals. As of now, buffer progress has been put on hold so I can focus on projects.

The upside to this is that all of my projects and exams will be done before the buffer can run out- so the suicide week updates shouldn't have any delays unless I get hit by a wave of lazy. Which is always possible.

- Health
    I'm not doing any better health wise, unfortunately. I've been crashing a lot which is making it difficult to be productive. That's okay though- I'll be going to see my doctor again to discuss getting myself on the medicines in the near future. I miss pulling late-nights without passing out before 2 AM.

-The Move
    Moving has about completed at home. Unfortunately, a lack a desk in my new bedroom... or a place in general for peaceful working. This might be an issue in regards to getting stuff done, but I'll figure it out.

Buffer Status

I've got a small buffer built up, but since it's May, it won't last long. xD The number of pages I have scripted out is approximate. I don't really know how many pages my script would fill up- but I think we're good on script for a while.

Page 04-15: Finished
    Page 04-16: Finished
    Page 04-17: Finished
    Page 04-18: Finished
    Page 04-19: Finished

Page 04-20: Shaded
    Page 04-21: Colored
    Page 04-22: Lined

Page 04-23: Scripted
    Page 04-24: Scripted
    Page 04-25: Scripted
    Page 04-26: Scripted
    Page 04-27: Scripted
    Page 04-28: Scripted
    Page 04-29: Scripted
    Page 04-30: Scripted

Livestreams

Livestreams will hopefully resume after I get settled back at home for the semester. They will probably be on Fridays or Saturdays for May, then moved to weekdays in June since my parents like to drag me away on Friday/Saturday a lot. They may be pretty spontaneous- so keep an eye on the livestream thread for those.

Suicide Week
    The Birthday Bash

THAT time of the year is approaching, so it's only normal I decide to torture myself with extra updates. On May 10th, PRS will celebrating its 2nd birthday! Like last year, the celebration will involve a week of daily updates to keep everyone happy. Well, except Naya. She'll be screaming through part of it. We will also be celebrating the official 100th page of the comic during that week- so it's going to be fun! xD Unfortunately, PXR will not be getting early updates that week since I'm OCD and insist that the birthday week starts on the 10th.

Bonus Updates / Update Schedule

As always, just a friendly reminder that for every 50 posts made here in the forum, a Tuesday update gets added to the end of the buffer. We hit that mark a few days ago- so we'll be getting that update the Tuesday following the birthday bash since I had already begun the buffer for that week. Here's a schedule for this month's update. It is subject to change.

05/01: Page 04-15
    05/08: Page 04-16
    05/10: Page 04-17 - Start Suicide Week Birthday Bash
    05/11: Page 04-18
    05/12: Page 04-19

05/13: Page 04-20
    05/14: Page 04-21
    05/15: Page 04-22
    05/16: Page 04-23 - End Suicide Week Birthday Bash
    05/19: Page 04-24 - Bonus Update
    05/22: Page 04-25
    05/26: Page 04-26 - Bonus Update
    05/29: Page 04-27

Other

I think that's it for now! I'll post any important stuff in this thread.
    Last edited by Nekomata; 05-10-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post

- Health
    I'm not doing any better health wise, unfortunately. I've been crashing a lot which is making it difficult to be productive. That's okay though- I'll be going to see my doctor again to discuss getting myself on the medicines in the near future. I miss pulling late-nights without passing out before 2 AM.
    So, um. If it's not too personal, what exactly is wrong with you health-wise? Do you have some kind of disease or is it just something random?
    I'm the author of a few sprite comics!

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=115693

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=145802

Just click "Begin Reading" to, well... begin reading! :D

I also have an art gallery!

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=143291

...Which is mirrored on my Tumblr blog: http://nashewsart.tumblr.com/

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nashew View Post
    So, um. If it's not too personal, what exactly is wrong with you health-wise? Do you have some kind of disease or is it just something random?

I'll let Neko decide if she wants to share details, but one problem I've noticed is that she fails to eat right.

We might need to send her care packages so she gets three proper square meals a day.

@Nashew
    I detailed the health issue in last month's update. Status hasn't changed much- just more tired than usual.
    @HKim
    Pfft. I EAT FINE. Usually. Sometimes.... Sorta. xD

I do accept free food- but you don't know my address. =P

@Nekomata
    Nekoooo. Eat more foooooood. *throws burgers at you*
    I'm the author of a few sprite comics!

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=115693

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=145802

Just click "Begin Reading" to, well... begin reading! :D

I also have an art gallery!

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=143291

...Which is mirrored on my Tumblr blog: http://nashewsart.tumblr.com/

Senior Administrator

Yes Neko! Eat more food!

@HKim @Nashew

I ATE TODAY. A hotdog... and uh... bread. =D I can't even remember what I ate yesterday. But no worries- pre-finals chaos is OVER. So I get to go back to my normal routine of eating 2 meals at horrible times and staying up to 4 am and sleeping til noon without worrying about getting classwork done.

Senior Administrator

@HKim @Nashew

I ATE TODAY. A hotdog... and uh... bread. =D I can't even remember what I ate yesterday. But no worries- pre-finals chaos is OVER. So I get to go back to my normal routine of eating 2 meals at horrible times and staying up to 4 am and sleeping til noon without worrying about getting classwork done.

It's a problem if you can even remember what you ate yesterday!

Also it's important to have a normal sleep schedule!

@HKim

I remember what I ate the day before! CEREAL. =D

And 4 AM - 2 PM IS normal for me. xD Okay, well, more like 2 PM - Noonish. =P My body is screaming for sleep after pre-finals, and I'm gonna listen. xD New page is up since I doubt my ability to remain awake for another 90 minutes.

Senior Administrator

@HKim

I remember what I ate the day before! CEREAL. =D

And 4 AM - 2 PM IS normal for me. xD Okay, well, more like 2 PM - Noonish. =P My body is screaming for sleep after pre-finals, and I'm gonna listen. xD New page is up since I doubt my ability to remain awake for another 90 minutes.

I'm pretty sure cereal only counts as ONE meal.