Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    This gives me life. The first one, gives me life. Holy cheese curds batman that is so wonderloving adorable.
    Haha thank you! I’m so glad you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Image > Mode > Indexed Color (it'll ask you if you want to to force black, white, and transparent. Don't force black and white because it's pointless haha). Then once it's indexed, go to Image > Mode > Color Table and it shows up. If you hit the eyedropper tool (the one in the colour table) then select each colour square, it'll show you where that colour is used in the picture/sprite.
    Awesome I’ll definitely try using this from here on out. It’ll definitely be useful. Thanks so much!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Okay I updated these guys to have anti-aliasing and updated the colors to reduce the odd out pixels! @Suicune's Fire is this any better?
    / / / / / / / /

3. This post has been liked by:

I think it's even harder to see the shading now. xD The contrast is waaaay too low. You need a much more definition between shades. That darker shade needs to be far, far darker.

I couldn't actually tell where the anti-aliasing was because again the shades are just too similar. However I could tell that it was fuzzy and zoomed in and, well, anti-aliasing should be done sparingly, otherwise you have that fuzz effect. It's meant to soften edges and make it less pixelly but now it's hugging the entire lineart. You've got a lot of banding going on as well, which is when the shading doubles up with the lineart.

Banding

This video is good at showing how to anti-alias gently to make sprites less flat, but not fuzzy.

Also...the two bunnies together now have 80 colours in the palette . o__o By the way, it would be much easier to just work with the first one and get it finished before worrying about the shiny variant. Then you can just go into the colour palette and change each colour individually to make the shiny once the original is done. :) So you don't have to recolour it manually.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I think it's even harder to see the shading now. xD The contrast is waaaay too low. You need a much more definition between shades. That darker shade needs to be far, far darker.

I couldn't actually tell where the anti-aliasing was because again the shades are just too similar. However I could tell that it was fuzzy and zoomed in and, well, anti-aliasing should be done sparingly, otherwise you have that fuzz effect. It's meant to soften edges and make it less pixelly but now it's hugging the entire lineart. You've got a lot of banding going on as well, which is when the shading doubles up with the lineart.

Banding

This video is good at showing how to anti-alias gently to make sprites less flat, but not fuzzy.

Also...the two bunnies together now have 80 colours in the palette . o__o By the way, it would be much easier to just work with the first one and get it finished before worrying about the shiny variant. Then you can just go into the colour palette and change each colour individually to make the shiny once the original is done. :) So you don't have to recolour it manually.
    I'll take a look at this all later so thank you for doing all of this. Personally the shading shows up just fine for me so it might be your computer screen.

I will say though while I really appreciate the tutorial, I really don't like it when people edit my stuff without asking me first, especially since I spent several days working on this. It's hard to explain and it's really kinda stupid but even if the changes were minor, because I didn't do it myself it feels like the sprite isn't mine anymore since it's not in my style. I'm still learning and I learn a lot better by being able to do it hands on rather than seeing someone else do it for me. As a result, I'm probably going to just abandon this sprite since any alterations I make at this point will look too similar to yours and I won't feel like they're original in thought or design. I know you had good intentions, and I appreciate that, so I don't want you to feel like this is your fault since you didn't know. I should've stopped you this morning but I didn't want your efforts to go to waste. However, because it feels like I'm just going to be copying you at this point, I'm just going to abandon this design.

I'll draft up a new design... sometime. It's might take a while because of school and just overall motivation being at a low, or it might be a rather quick turn around due to a burst of inspiration. We'll see. But I'll keep in mind what you said. Thank you for all of this.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-19-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'll take a look at this all later so thank you for doing all of this. Personally the shading shows up just fine for me so it might be your computer screen.

I will say though while I really appreciate the tutorial, I really don't like it when people edit my stuff without asking me first, especially since I spent several days working on this. It's hard to explain and it's really kinda stupid but even if the changes were minor, because I didn't do it myself it feels like the sprite isn't mine anymore since it's not in my style. I'm still learning and I learn a lot better by being able to do it hands on rather than seeing someone else do it for me. As a result, I'm probably going to just abandon this sprite since any alterations I make at this point will look too similar to yours and I won't feel like they're original in thought or design. I know you had good intentions, and I appreciate that, so I don't want you to feel like this is your fault since you didn't know. I should've stopped you this morning but I didn't want your efforts to go to waste. However, because it feels like I'm just going to be copying you at this point, I'm just going to abandon this design.

I'll draft up a new design... sometime. It's might take a while because of school and just overall motivation being at a low, or it might be a rather quick turn around due to a burst of inspiration. We'll see. But I'll keep in mind what you said. Thank you for all of this.
    Ah sorry about that. I didn't mean to do that. I'll take it down. :) I wasn't sure how to describe what I meant without showing you and then yeah...kind of went overboard. D: Had I known, I wouldn't have done it. I'm sorry. :(

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ah sorry about that. I didn't mean to do that. I'll take it down. :) I wasn't sure how to describe what I meant without showing you and then yeah...kind of went overboard. D: Had I known, I wouldn't have done it. I'm sorry. :(
    No no don't feel bad! I know you had the best of intentions and were trying to help! I will definitely take your other advice into account though. Like I said, I have a bit of school work I need to do anyway so I might not get to work on this again for a few days anyway so don't worry about it. And if you have any minor recommendations that is always much appreciated.
    / / / / / / / /

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Alright so we're back with the next starter! Mostly was using this to time myself for commission prices but I think it turned out very well.

/ / / / / / / /

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Finished a sprite commission featuring Ronas and Bassui of the comic, the Essence of Being.

/ / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Redid this sprite to reflect some design changes.

And finished a commission for Arnisd featuring Ral and Grey from PMD: Explorers of Life.

Last edited by Noblejanobii; 06-15-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ooh I really love that Mew! Also did you draw that person from scratch? :O Either way, you did a really good job. People are so difficult!
    GCEA