Comic Soup (The first Variety Comic ! Made by all of us! )(Not Open)

Welcome everyone to Comic Soup. Comic Soup is an open form comic created by us for us! We will are looking for any and all artists and writers. You don't have to be either but you have to try. If the thread becomes popular enough we can increase the amount of stories we take on at one time but for now we will try one story at a time and see how that goes.

How does it work ?
    1. A writer submitts a short story
    2. An artist (More than one can join in) picks a section of the story or a moment they liked and they turn into a comic.
    3. We add together the many art submission to complete the story.
    Last edited by Rival Max; 02-06-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Current Story -
    -?????? Write by Ghostwriter Coming Soon

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

extra post

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Last extra post

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Fire
    Act 1, scene I

The skies were painted in shades of grey. The twin islands huddled together in the midst of the rising chilly breeze, as their surrounding waters grew choppy.

Amidst the rapid freezing tides, a lone pokemon, strayed from the rest of its species, struggled to escape the imminent elemental onslaught. As icy crystals rain down from the clouds, the seas trembled and tossed the poor thing about. She was lost. She was cold. Very, very cold. The waves threw her against a menacing iceberg, whose surface icily stung her smooth skin, leaving her with bruises. In an act of great despair, she willed her exhausted and aching body to move. She surged through the currents, every iota in her ignited, with a burst of energy. It was a Pyrrhic victory; she broke out of the blizzard's shadow, and found warmer waters, however the waves of darkness quickly washed over her.

~~~

Act 1, scene II

"It's getting late, Ves," Vavilev looked at the skies, "We should get back before dinner."

"I'm not done yet!" Vesuvius charged towards his brother's back. Pain seared through his ankle as he hit a stone, falling flat on the ground.

The Charmeleon turned around and smirked. Lightly smacking the lizard's head, Vavilev pulled his brother back up on his two feet.

"Let's go home, Ves."

At dinner, Vesuvius paused in his meal.

"Vavilev, when will I get my fire?"

Everyone at the dinner table froze. His sister, Marsili, coughed awkwardly to hide the sudden silence.

"You'll get it when you're old enough," his brother replied reassuringly.

"Oh... Okay." Without another word, the lizard went back to his dinner. His parents sneaked glances at each other while Marsili and Vavilev convincingly masked any awkwardness.

~~~

Act 1, scene III

"Don't you think it's taking too long for him? Marsili got hers when she was just a week old!"

"Dear, I know you're just worried, but Ves is doing the best he can. There's nothing we can do but let him grow at his own time."

"I just... Don't want him to feel like he's abnormal... You know, honey?"

"I feel the same way too, Solfa."

In the middle of the night, the muffled conversation took place behind closed doors, its participants unaware that a tiny Charmander was leaning on the wall outside, catching every word.

~~~

Act 1, scene IV

Vesuvius sat by the mountain cliff, watching the sun spill its watercolours over the horizon. He heard his brother climb up from the path behind him.

"Do you wanna train today?"

"Nah, I think I'll take a day off."

The Charmeleon nodded, "If you change your mind, look for me, okay?"

"Sure thing."

Vesuvius continued to gaze the island scenery below. From where he sat, he could see as far as the beach and the sea. A twinkle of light unexpectedly intruded his peripheral vision. Squinting, he could vaguely make out something blue (or was it a lump of ice?) on the seashore. Was it something washed up from the sea? Vesuvius grew a little excited. Stuff like that were usually rare, like relics from an ancient underwater civilization or debris from another world.

He got up on his feet, traveling down the mountainous path to the beach, pace quickened by bright-eyes curiosity. By the time he had reached the foot of the mountain, he was breathing heavily, but he hardly took a moment to rest before he was approaching what he saw from the mountain.

He was close enough to examine it, he drew in a gasp. The thing looked to be an eel of some sort with glossy cream-and-blue skin. The pokemon - for want of a better name given that Vesuvius had yet to identify what it was - appeared to twitch, eliciting a slight jump from the startled Charmander. The question then begged to be answered: what was a foreign pokemon doing washed up on the island? Gingerly, he first poked the pokemon in hopes of waking it up. He received no reaction. He began shaking, lightly, with his two hands. He quickly shuddered at how cold its skin felt. It was not from being in the water... It was too chilly for seawater, especially when there were underwater volcanic vents due to the presence of Mt Ember. No, it felt as cold as ice.

Vesuvius found his answer. Its entire tail and lower body (although he could not tell from where the lower body began), was covered in frostbite. The frost was so severe, telling by its degree of chill, that he could instantly assume it to be caused by an intense blizzard.

Wasting no time with a life possibly at stake, he hefted the pokemon, managing to get it to an empty cave not far from the beach. He gathered leaves and placed them over it like a blanket. With a few twigs and stones, Vesuvius soon had a fire going.

~~~

Act 1, scene V

Warmth. She felt warm. From the cold blackness, the first feelings of heat gently nudged her awake. Groggily, her eyes blinked open to see a Charmander sitting across from her, nodding off to sleep.

She must have moved or did something to catch the Charmander's attention for his head snapped back up and looked at her.

"You're awake! Are you okay? Do you remember anything? Do you have a name?"

The questions were thrown into her face which induced a not-so-pleasant feeling given that her mind was still weary and not fully functional at the moment.

"I guess so... Not really... Um, I'm Melythe." After a pause, she added, "Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Vesuvius, but everybody calls me Ves." He awkwardly paused, "If you don't mind me asking, but what are you?"

"I'm a Dratini."

"A Dragon? What were you doing washed ashore?"

Blurred memories bubbled to her mind, of cold currents and despairing darkness. She shook her head, trying to fight the intensifying pain, as snippets of the past flooded back.

"There was a storm. I was supposed to be with the rest. It was very cold. There were lots of icebergs. I couldn't take it. I looked for warm waters. Then I can't remember anymore. I must have fainted."

Vesuvius took a while to process the sudden gush of thought from Melythe.

"Must've been a blizzard storm," he mused, "It's a very severe frostbite though. A blizzard can't be that intense."

"Unless it was made by a pokemon."

The Charmander gulped. A pokemon who could create blizzards. That was all too familiar.

"We have to go see my mother."

~~~

Act 2, scene I

Night had already fallen yet the mother Charizard could not remedy the frostbite. No fire could melt it and it was so cold as to even send chills down Solfatara's spine. It was definitely the work of Articuno's tempests.

"There's only one solution I know. But it's all myth and may not be true," she said after long deliberation.

"There's nothing to lose. We gotta help Melythe."

"Well, I'm sure you know that Articuno is the bird of ice. And Moltres is the bird of fire. Only its heat can melt Articuno's frost."

Melythe's eyes brightened, "And Moltres is at the peak of this mountain, right!"

The Charizard nodded. "Your friend is perceptive. Just like the ancient dragons who could feel the mountain's heart."

"So we'll set out to the peak first thing in the morning!" Vesuvius declared.

His mother frowned. "Just you two alone? It's not safe up there, you could get hurt."

"Don't worry, Mom. I've been training a lot so I can protect myself and Melythe if I need to."

Solfatara said nothing but frowned. Her husband placed a claw on her shoulder, nodding reassuringly.

~~~

Act 2, scene II

It was not a long trek towards the peak, though the path was winding and not easy on the feet. Melythe was particularly finding it a challenge to keep up with Vesuvius, with her frozen tail impeding her smooth movements.

It was not long before they faced another obstacle. Vesuvius spotted a brown feather lying in the middle of the uphill path. There was a growing uneasiness in his gut. Spearows were known to be quite aggressive and territorial.

He heard a squawk and saw several Spearows emerged from a rock ledge above and landed on the road before him with glares. Without warning, they began swooping towards him. He suffered several pecks, not without retaliating with scratches of his own.

"Ves!" A shrill voice rang in his ears. He turned his head, catching a glimpse of a flock of Spearows surrounding Melythe like she was a delicious worm.

Frozen, there was nothing the Dratini could do, especially when she was tossed about and jabbed by beaks.

"Ves!"

He tried to reach her, however, he was deep within the scuffle to break out. He flailed about, cuffing and swiping at the birds. No matter how many Spearows he chased away, more replaced their comrades. His body was screaming in pain and the growing knot of anxiety was like a lump of lead.

He heard Melythe shriek in pain, and in between feather and claw, he glimpsed the birds attempting to pull her apart. If he did not doing anything now, she would be gone. Vesuvius scrambled for answers, his mind desperately wishing that he could use his own fire. His blows were weakening, and he was in just hurting too much to put up a strong defense.

I can't give up now. He thought. Not when Melythe needs me.

He charged towards where Melythe was, blood boiling until his temples were throbbing. He felt something inside break free; a sound that was waiting to be heard. Like a volcano awaking after years of quiescence, he felt heat bubbling up from within his gut, and with a roar, he released the flame burning inside him. He let it burn away all the doubts and uneasiness inside him. He let it fire up his veins and give it a new summer. He let it grow and spread, devouring feathers and reducing them to black ashes. The Spearows began to break loose and take off, bringing their charred rears to a faraway roost. One tried to make off with Melythe in its talons but it was met with a singeing Ember to the beak. He grabbed the Dratini, swishing his newly-ignited tail threateningly to any of the returning fowls.

They ran. The path led them into the mountain itself. Inside, the caverns was much warmer than the outside. Vesuvius carried Melythe on his back, feeling her breath growing weaker. He grit his teeth and hurried forward. The adrenaline from the fire still pumped in his blood, and with each step, he felt the air around them become warmer.

Soon, he stumbled out into the open air.

~~~

Act 2, scene III

Historians and geologists decreed that the mountain was once actively spouting smoke and fire. What was once a crater full of lava, was now a barren lake of ash and pumice. Smoldering embers and tiny flames were strewn all over the clearing. There was no sign of Moltres but the old crater was no doubt the phoenix's nest.

Vesuvius gently placed Melythe on the ground, next to a tiny fire. Her body colour was looking better and there was a puddle spreading out from her. He dipped her tail into the fire, watching as the fiery feathers of Moltres undid the ice. There was a loud sizzle as the subsequent puddle extinguished the flame.

Melythe smiled weakly as she felt the warmth spread through her tail and body.

~~~

Act 2, scene IV

The shallow waves rolled over her body, as she turned to bid farewell to her newfound friend and savior.

"I'll be off now, Ves. Thanks for everything."

The Charmander tried not to look too depressed or desperate. After he had ignited his flame, he was filled with euphoria, but all that energy was not with him then and there.

"Goodbye. Visit sometime, okay?" He stepped back to avoid the spray of an incoming wave.

The Dratini smiled - mouthing the words "I will" - as the tide pulled her into the sea.