Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Theo Myrsky the Quilava
    Air over the Middle Sea, Edge of Scarwell
    ARP'ers: None

The Airport of Emerald Coast was not a sight, no matter how sore the eyes. The once grand and beautiful airport lay in almost complete silence as the few tourists that dared to travel scurried quickly and in pacts from one spot to another. It made Theo sad, the airport had once been the place to be for the younger generation in Emerald Coast. The large complex had housed many restaurants and shops as well as maintained a beautiful little park for people who had to wait for delayed planes. Now however, the place was nearly deserted. Parents no longer wanted their children to leave their side, and the normally humongous numbers of tourists were afraid to be caught up in the Abyssal forces' spread.

The thing that Theo was glad to see however, was an old friend who was sitting on one of the benches in the small park. Theo hadn't actually known him for more than a few years, but he was in fact nearly 90 years old. Theo walked up to the bench and looked down at the snoring Shiftry, a bottle of wine held loosely in his limp fingers. He always did have a fondness for wine, though he didn't care for any other form of alcohol.

"Hanz! Wake up you old fart." The old Pokemon stirred and looked up blearily at him.

"Eh? what'ya want now? Can't an old Pokemon get some rest around here?" Hanz shook his head and rubbed at his somewhat bloodshot eyes. "Oh it's you again Myrsky. What'ya need from me this time?"

"I was hoping to be able to use your ship to fly somewhere?"

"What'ya mean fly somewhere? the whirlwind and Imyself are retired. Leave an old Pokemon alone."

"That doesn't stop you from flying her around the skies every thursday. Come on, your old plane's got plenty of juice in her."

"Aye, that she does, never fails me she does, but what you going somewhere for? Emerald Coast is plenty a nice place."

"I have some important work to do Hanz, I just need to get to where I'm going, which is rather far away."

"That right? Where you going then Myrsky?"

" I need to get to Scarwell, There's someone I need to meet there." Theo had thought about it as he had walked through the city toward the airport. Scarwell had the greatest concentration of seer aura, so it was perfect hunting ground for potential helpers.

"You know that's no easy flight myrsky. All the way across Middle sea Scarwell is, plus you got all them Abyssal pokemon to worry about."

"Its only one trip, but if you can't handle it I'm sure I could find someone else to help me."

Hanz mulled it over for a bit before asking: "You gonna give me anything for doing this favor?"

In response Theo handed him a small bag, containing exactly 10 gold pieces: the price of two airplane tickets. Hanz nodded as he counted the coins, biting one every now and then to see if it was fake. Eventually he put the bag in his pocket and motioned for Theo to follow. He led him to the back of the airport, where a small hanger stood. Inside sat a small, but rather glorious looking airplane. It was a two seated streamline racing plane with The Whirlwind printed in large curly letter on its side. As it was a racing plane, it had no weapons. Such things were too heavy and were banned in the sport anyway.

"Go on, get in. I need to prep a few things with tower control."

Apparently prepping "a few things with tower control" meant going to the front of the hanger and Morse code flashing them with a hand mirror. Hanz came back quickly, and with a maniacal grin on his face.

"Alright then, lets get this show on the road! Tank is full! To Scarwell or bust!"

With that, he revved up the engine and we shot out of the hanger. Taking a quick turn onto a runway, the plane began to pick up speed. It was extremely fast, and shaky. Clearly the plane had seen many years of use, judging by how much it squeaked and shook as we neared the end of the runway. I hope Hanz was right about this thing still being in good enough condition to fly to Scarwell Theo thought as he held tight to his seat. Then the front wheels rose off the ground, quickly followed the rear pair. The change was amazing, the shaking stopped nearly instantly and the plane rose with even greater speed into the air, as smooth and easy as taking candy from a baby.

Once Theo had gotten over his surprise at the sudden quality of flight, he sat back in his chair. It was going to be a long trip and he might as well get some sleep. Just as he closed his eyes to rest however, he felt his mentality shift. Opening them quickly he now saw the world from high above the sea, apparently floating in the air without any form of suspension. As he looked around he saw a plane come flying out of a cloud, burning in flames and on a crash course with the water below. Looking closely, Theo recognized the curly, silvery The Whirlwind written on the side of the falling plane. Just as he read the words, six planes, all of them blackened and piloted by a terrible pokemon of the abyss, came flying out of the cloud as well, firing their guns nonstop at the aircraft before them. Theo looked down and suddenly he was in the destroyed plane, trying to wake a bloody Hanz as the plane crashed nose first into the cold depths of the sea.

Theo woke in a cold sweat. It had been several hours since he had first fallen into his vision, and they were now far over the Middle Sea. In fact, Theo could even see the distant outlines of land on the horizon. They had nearly finished their journey, though Theo knew that if they stayed on their curent course, they would never finish it.

"Hanz! We need to change course! Fly south! South!"

"Aye we almost there Myrsky, don't you worry! This beauty isn't giving out any time soon."

"No! if we keep going-' but it was too late. A horrible presence descended on Theo's senses as six planes appeared out of the clouds.

The blackened metal of the planes seemed to emanate an evil aura just as much as the abyssal monstrosities that flew them. The planes moved faster than Theo could've thought possible, but they quickly arranged themselves in a pattern around The Whirlwind. Positioned directly to the top, bottom, back, front, and either side of the plane, they had the plane completely surrounded. Theo however, was prepared for this, and he quickly climbed out of his seat and opened the passenger door.

"I'm going to give you an opening! Take it as soon as you can Hanz!"

Without waiting for a reply, Theo stepped out into open air. In the second of time he had before the plane him turned him into minced meat, Theo curled into a tight ball, whispering an incantation as he said it. A sphere of electric blue flame surrounded him: cleansing fire. Normally Theo would've simply used his own fire, but he wasn't going to take any chances against those cursed planes. Then the second was over, and Theo smashed head first into the approaching plane, tearing through it like a living meteor. The cursed plane and its now unconscious pilot fell into the sea.

Immediately The Whirlwind's brake flaps opened up and the plane shot backward through the air that was now free of abyssal planes. Grabbing hold of a wing as it passed, Theo pulled himself back into the plane as it shot downward and below the enemy aircrafts. As the abyssal planes grouped together to follow them, Theo shot more cleansing fire at their direction, which stopped them from following as Hanz pushed the engines to maximum power.

It did not however, stop the planes from firing their guns at the escaping ship. Theo heard the bullets shredding the wings and engines of The whirlwind as they flew. Then they began to fall. The abyssal planes, which were now too far away to even shoot at them, disappeared back into the clouds. Theo watched as the surface of the water came ever closer. Then it changed, they were now hurtling toward a blackened beach! The surprise that they had made it to the land registered in Theo's mind only seconds before the plane crashed to the ground. Theo was thrown out of the plane, landing hard on the ground about a hundred feet away from the crash sight.

The last thing he saw before blacking out was the outlines of several tall buildings looming over him. They had made it to Scarwell.

VPP

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Professor Talahass von McYarglefargle The Ninth
    ???, Airship that was supposed to go to Oasis, en Route to ???
    Affected RPers: @Velocity

<No worries, keep up when you can. If that’s the case, we’ll probably arrive at the skyport before you do - smaller, faster vessel that’s not in the process of being hijacked and all that. Best of luck to you, Professor. Stay in touch.> Morial responded, as you mentally prepare.

The strings of fate tug at your mind with a singular message that can be summarized in a simple sentence-another life-saving quip. You seem to get those whenever you're in danger, but shame they're so sparse and sudden. You quickly realize you have three seconds before that door is removed from its hinges by this entity and its sharp claws, and that, however powerful it is, it still shares weaknesses with the Pokemon whose forms they take so often. You adjust your aim calmly as the hand rips into the door, shoving aside the makeshift barricade, and remove the hinges, revealing THE most ugly Lickitung you have ever seen in your life. Jet-black with red highlights, you could mistake it for a similar condition with your skin, but it also had a demonic pair of horns, pure red eyes with no iris nor pupil to speak of (how did it see?), and the hands and feet ended in nasty, jagged digits that could easily tear through your body, as well as enough ABYSMAL iconography plastered onto his skin and cloak to make an unholy church to ZAIAKU out of his body. Most interesting of all, though, is that his large tongue ended in a spiked 'cap,' presumably to be used as a bludgeon, kept in place by a great amount of bolts. It looked quite gruesome.

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Fire GRENADE LAUNCHER at ABYSMAL LICKITUNG.

You proceed to fire a singular grenade directly into the COHORT's mouth before he gets a chance to properly react, just as his face and yours lock eyes. Ugly eyes that make you drip a tad faster, eyes that you really don't want to look at all that often-but you will. It's inevitable. Unless you keep managing to slam grenades into them fast enough.

The ABYSMAL LICKITUNG couldn't block the GRENADE in time, though a reflex in the tongue told you he certainly tried to swallow it-which would not make it any better, as it was still an explosive, and indeed it would probably be worse. He probably thought it was NOT going to be so volatile, to be fair. In any case, the GRENADE slammed directly into the beast's eyes, your intended target. On impact, the GRENADE explodes in a chemical mixture of force, flame and noxious chemicals, and you can see some nasty scarring on the face immediately. One of the eyes is definitely shot. The ABYSMAL stumbles and screams a rather anguished shout-almost like a regular Pokemon, just a bit twisted up-but you doubt it would have done that if it wasn't for exactly where you put the shot. It fell back onto a wall in the outside hallway, not too far from where you were...This wasn't a big ship, so you could roughly guess where you were from here, but you were no regular to this kind of thing.

You reach for your bag and try to grab another GRENADE while the ABYSMAL was reeling-might as well just test this thing out while you had the chance-but you heard a shout that was extremely NASTY. You got down, only to realize it was actually that SOPHIA's doing. The LICKITUNG proceeded to take the impact of a full-force HYPER VOICE, smashing his head between the powerful energies of the sound and the cold hard wall, and went still. You are fairly sure he's merely UNCONSCIOUS, not DEAD. You are also assured that any remaining ABYSMAL FORCES aboard this airship-you think it was the F.S. DOYLUS-would be imminently approaching unless they had other business to attend to.

"Isn't my first time fighting...Definitely my first time fighting these brutes, though." SOPHIA quipped. She poked her head through the door. "No-one is coming, despite the noise...You do it."

Quite surprising that there was no-one coming after that ruckus...Not so surprising she asked you to do it. Of course a Fae one would leave the dirtiest work to you. You are a man of science and aren't afraid of a little grime...But executing a COHORT was not a little grime. It was a massive walking pile of grime that was out to kill you. Unfortunately, you think finishing this off will require quite a bit of force, just to make sure, as a small explosion only did so much damage...This was going to be disgusting.

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Do it.

You walk outside the door and do it. By which she means, you take his head and introduce it to a DRAGON CLAW, jamming your fingers into a weakened part of the skull. You turn your head to the left side, away from what is about to occur. "Ladies, don't look now!"

You proceed to remove the front of the skull entirely and give a good punch to the brain of this creature. You don't actually look at your damage, but you almost certainly knew it was fatal, and knew that you did not want to look at it. It would be just as bad as those industrial accidents.

Cohorts of Chaos vanquished: 1

You immediately use WATER GUN upon your hands afterwards to quickly wash that blood off of your hands, and a few times afterwards just to be sure. Black and disgusting. You immediately regret your choice of execution method.

"Disgusting. Absolutely filthy. Those industrial accidents are coming back to haunt me...Not doing that twice."

You don't look at the corpse again, period. You turn around to see SOPHIA, looking surprisingly deadpan after disregarding your advice entirely, and CUMULA...Not looking nearly as deadpan, to put it one way. In fact, she looked very green.

"Ugh, disgusting work...I've seen worse, but that's still not pleasant...Shame the brute will just come back later." SOPHIA quipped.

You don't even want to imagine worse.

CUMULA quickly took this opportunity to puke in a bin for a few seconds back inside the room. You think she now realizes exactly what she got into, though it might just be how gruesome it was and completely disregarding your advice. Or both. All things considered that's what you did when that first industrial accident happened, so you're not surprised nor judging.

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Investigate area.

You turn your head and make out the area you are currently in, now that the COHORT has been dispatched. This is the second and upper floor of this ship, almost certainly. Almost all ships had at least two floors-larger varieties had up to four. This was a small zeppelin, so it was almost certain that this floor was on the same as the captain's floor, and you know well that they keep the passenger and engineer floors separate. Most usually kept the engines and other systems in the lower floors if at all possible, by your recollection. You are no expert in the subject but you would like to find yoruself at least not ignorant. As no-one was rushing up to you, you took the time to give another message to Moria and RELOAD your GRENADE LAUNCHER.

<"Sorry for being chatty about this, Moria, but I'd at least keep you updated and aware rather than in the dark and unsure, I think...We've got one of those filthy scoundrels without much incident, the bugger didn't get time to attack before it was quickly taken care of. I suppose that's a good start to things-forgive me, I'm a scientist, not a soldier. I do make weapons, though! Many things, really. Anyways, considering how noisy that brief keruffle was...Well, I can presume that there really aren't that many people around, as no-one's coming to our location...I'll check the rooms for survivors now.">

You didn't want to bother her on the gruesome bits. That just seemed completely unnecessary. Meanwhile, CUMULA had stopped vomiting excessively, but she's still extensively shaky, while SOPHIA is still just standing there, alert but not particuarily phased.

"Just keep calm. You can do this. Just keep calm. You can do this. They're from the pits of hell. No pity for them. They're from the pits of hell. No pity for them. They want you dead. Don't let them get to you. They want you dead. Don't let them get to you...Professor? Can you...Not do that ever again? That was...AWFUL."

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Attempt to coerce CUMULA home while simultaneously consoling her.

"Let's not leave the question hanging, request granted, I'll not attempt to do that again. But more to the point...This was PRECISELY why I told you to go back home! It's THIS kind of scene that would occur and this was a lucky break! That and your mother is almost guaranteed to do equally unspeakable things to me as well for this, but the point stands, this was NOT the time to be going out for the simple sake of curiosity. Know your limits, I say! To be fair, I don't find it terribly pleasant either, but this is part of their game plan-intimidation and attacks on morale. Everything they are, everything they do-this is how they want to make you feel, and the state of affairs doesn't help matters at all. I warned you about this, and I would hope you've had a change of heart on this matter."

She's silent for a minute.

"I'm not going to press this anymore right now-there's at least one other abomination aboard and we have to check if the passengers are well. If the Abysmals got to them, well...I'll tell you if it's gruesome in there or not. For now, just keep out of our way and leave the fighting to the adults, OK?"

She sighs and nods.

You check the halls again. Eerily clear, but you're not going to complain. You would think your visions would help to at least tell you if any of these guys were invisible, as being invisible is one of the single most obnoxious abilities you could care to name. You then take the head. You're not entirely sure you want the Fae leading you, and CUMULA is out of the question.

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Check rooms for surviving passengers.

You investigate every room. However, in each room there is either nothing at all or a very bloody corpse, with the implication the ABYSMAL LICKITUNG took them out. None were very clean takeouts, though, as evidence on each and every bit implicates that there was a nasty fight that broke out every time. All of them were in varying states of being really dead (and by implication worse) and the only one that still had his head intact didn't have much else intact, to put it one way. You fail to find anything of note other than the four corpses of the passengers on this floor.

By the last room you checked with the fourth body, SOPHIA was looking rather annoyed. "Well, glad to know our little friend was weakened beforehand...And here I was thinking he wasn't all that dangerous and just got the drop on everyone. And he was not alone, may I remind you? His buddy must still be alive and piloting, otherwise we would have crashed a long time ago..."

"Now, we can either check the lower floor to see if any of the crew survived...That's probably where they would be. The alternative is we can confront the other hijacker directly, assuming it's only two like you said."

"I would, uh, rather check the lower decks first..." CUMULA said. "Maybe they just ran down there?"

You hardly blame her for sounding like she lost a lot of her previous moxie. To be fair, you weren't all that happy about it either, that was horrendous from start to finish, and the only reason you're not joining her is because you already did that some time ago dealing with those industrial accidents, and you still dread those.

Suddenly, the ship's intercom buzzed to life.

"KythRUS oRDerSss youR DEatH, INdigO oNe..."

You stand attentive, as do CUMULA and SOPHIA, ready for anything, but you can't really respond. The voice itself was horrendous, like a multitude of vastly different Pokemon were trying to make an echo effect with poor results. It also sounded like it was having a bit of a hard time speaking.

"YOU alREADy GOt to mY LEssEr BEing...BUT I AM STILL HERE...aND I wiLL meRRILy conTINUE THiS flIghT to JaNSeN, unINTERrupTeD. nOw, a QUeSTion...To DIe nOw, OR laTER?"

Oh come on.

"I'm WAITinG On YoU, inDIGO onE...Don'T BE boRINg...COME TO ME! COME TO DEATH!"

The intercom shuts off.

"Well. He's certainly interesting...And who's this Krythus fellow? I've heard of the Brothers of Doom, Zaiaku, and even Xov...This guy, though, doesn't even ring a bell. Professor?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know who he is either...Could just be a small commander."

"Great...So, I guess this is a change of plans?" CUMULA said. It seemed she's gotten some form of stability back to her now, though you still don't hear her moxie.

-=> Professor McYarglefargle: Respond.

"Yes...Heading to Jansen right now is going to be a very poor move to allow." You say. "We get rid of him first."

"Hopefully that brute doesn't have friends." SOPHIA quipped.

You hope likewise. This day has been positively stuffed to the gills with excitement, and it's entirely too much for you.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    The Hole Tavern, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected RPers: @Death's Spook

I had to know more about this guy and where he was getting these diamonds from. For a lack of knowing his name, I decided to nickname him Cloak. But in any case, this was definitely not a normal employer just hunting around for a mercenary.

"Do you... know this guy...?" Lude asked, acting like we were going to cut them into little pieces.

"What, you think I know every employer by heart?" I asked him, nearly laughing. "Please. Whatever you do, don't wet yourself in front of him. This place doesn't need more noxious smells."

And that was when I heard from Cloak. I figured he got the message when we had to separate after that bar brawl.

<I am about to emerge from a shadowy corner. Do not be startled.>

His entrance was hilarious. Cloak suddenly appeared in a ghost-like appearance, and Lude and Bretner nearly squealed. Please. I've dealt with plenty of dark and ghost Pokémon before and a few others that didn't exactly have a family-friendly appearance, and these two twits had to realize not every employer of mine's going to be some bouncing happy-go-lucky, vomit-brained Wigglytuff.

"Is everyone alright?" The cloaked one asked. "I hope none of you are hurt."

Lude and Bretner just sheepishly nodded, still not totally believing the two of us weren't going to carve them up into flesh sticks.

"I am glad," Cloak replied.

<They may not have courage worth a Magikarp, but there is no sense in treating them completely unkindly, in my opinion. That said, I do not trust them enough to leave them privy to our terms. Consider the first diamond I gave you to be payment for the entertainment: it was an incredible amount of stress relief to arrange for your dearest friend to beat himself.>

<That said, I am certain you are aware that I am not here to congratulate you for your stellar choice of former companions. I want to discuss several points of business with you.>

I nodded. In truth, Lude and Bretner didn't have the wits to double-cross me and pull it off successfully. However, the big problem with them was making sure they didn't get away without paying back what they promised. If even all they could do was pick fruit, fetch water, or gather firewood, they'd be doing it and making up for the cash they didn't have with servitude. But the last thing I wanted to do was just let them off the hook for nothing. Because I knew these two clowns would tell others about it and I didn't want a thing like that leaking around. I was nobody's charity hero. You start doing that and people from all over the place start making requests. If you're good at doing something, you never do it for free.

<I'm listening.> I told him.

<First, I have been seeking allies in the fight against the Abyss, and would like us to travel together. I will not pay you in money for this: this part is a mutually beneficial arrangement, not me hiring you for a job. In addition, I will probably be collecting other allies as well, and the expectation is that you are reasonably civil. I am not anticipating that you will be a perfect angel, but some decorum, please.>

He was definitely another Seer. Without a doubt, he had been coming across the same things I had been. In essence, the whole thing with the Abyss surfacing was unnerving everyone to at least some degree. Heck, even I found it freaky these cold-hearted bastards managed to write up a prophecy that required all kinds of hoopla to undo it. And if we didn't, this place would be a fiery hellhole in no time.

As for that decorum, yeah, he shouldn't be holding his breath for that. If these demonic bastards stuck their faces in my direction, I was going to make a failed jigsaw puzzle out of them with my own personal style. But, I would at least give him the cordial respect if that's what he wanted.

And that was when he deftly put yet another diamond into my paw. I shot a glance at it, and I swore, I could live like a king and take the next ten years off with what this guy was contracting me with.

<However, I am paying for something incredibly simple: until the Abyss is rooted out and obliterated, you are not to take other jobs at all. We need to be as focused as we can and that diamond will more than cover any money you could make off of jobs for the next few years, anyway.>

<I'm all yours. You're the only one on my list until we're done.>

After handing me a third gem that I quickly stashed away, he then spoke to me again.

<I am assuming that you will be able to start putting the pieces together with regards to my identity sometime soon. I will be most displeased if you revealed details that could compromise me. Given that I would prefer to remain friends, please exercise the utmost discretion with what you learn. If you are going to insist on bringing your companions along, I expect them to keep revealing details to themselves as well.>

<Trust me, you could be one of those legendaries and I wouldn't tell a soul,> I told Cloak. <As for these two clowns, don't worry about them, they aren't brazen enough to disclose anything they stumble across and no one would ever believe them anyway. But if you want, I'll try to get rid of them early. I just want to make it clear that I'm good at doing things and that I don't do it for free like these two bozos thought.>

And that's when he showed me his largest gem. There was no doubt about it, this guy was serious about this contract and had to have been extremely wealthy if he was just handing all this over.

<And finally, should it be reasonably practical, I should like to be the one to slay Undax of the Burning Rot.>

Yep, Undax the Gengar. He was only one of the three brothers that we were going to need to kill, but if Cloak here wanted to be the one to twist the knife when it hit his heart and smile into Undax's dying face, I could roll with that for that kind of gem.

<He's all yours,> I told him. <If you want to burn his whole god-forsaken family at the stake and even his pet Growlithe, I'll gladly help you gather firewood. Last time I checked, that maggot was still in Jansen. We can commission an airship to get across the Triplecross Sea, but don't expect that captain to get too close to that city. Word on the block is those Abyss bastards have no issues attacking airships if they're within range, and these captains are shippers and ferrymen, but they sure as hell ain't warriors. If experience serves me right, they'll drop us off on a lifeboat and will fly back to port. If you're game for that approach, I'm with you, but if you had another plan in mind, you make the call.>

Besides, we needed Undax's blood for a whole other reason as well. But it was easy to see this guy had a deep vendetta for that Gengar. I had a few theories floating around, but for now, they were just plausible until more of the truth came out. And as far as Lude and Bretner went, there was no way they'd be able to hike across the Synata Desert on their own anyway. They had the survival skills of a drunken Goomy, so I wasn't concerned about them betraying me or spilling the beans on this guy's contract. They were going to help and shut up about it. And if it meant showing them which end of a gun or a sword to use, better they at least make the Abyss think they could be potential threats even if it was all just for show.

It was all up to Cloak now.

Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax
    ARP'ers:
    @Noblejanobii

Theo stared fixedly at the crater left by the wreckage of the crash. Now nothing remained of the plane but a few burning scraps and here and there a bit of broken glass. It really was quite a sad sight. He looked down next to him, at the old Shiftry unconscious next to him. He had been thrown from the plane as well, though he had landed on rockier bit of sandy beach than Shawn had. His arm was bloody and ripped, and he had several other injuries beside. Theo was in slightly better shape, while he still had several gashes and bruises, he at least did not have any mangled limbs.

He looked around and noticed that a small crowd, most likely pokemon who had been on the beach during the crash, had gathered at a small distance. They seemed to be conversing with each other, though he couldn't make out what was said. At length, a tall Sawk broke away from the group and approached Shawn, the others watched intently.

"Who are you? Are you OK?" The Sawk asked, his voice rather lower than Shawn had expected.

"My name is Theo Myrsky, and I've just had a rather bad run in with Abyssal fighter planes." He responded quickly. "My friend here is rather badly hurt and needs immediate medical attention. I myself woke up a few minutes ago, though I'm not to badly off."

The Sawk seemed to consider him for a moment before replying: "I see," at which he turned and gestured to the group to come closer. Most of them didn't move, but a few Pokemon approached tentatively.

"We need to get this 'Mon up to the hosptal, you three carry him, I'm going to keep talking to Mr. Myrsky here."

The small group carefully picked up Hanz and moved away slowly. Theo watched the process nervously, the old Pokemon wasn't exactly the best age for such dangerous things as that fight, and Theo couldn't but worry that the injuries might be too much for him. Even if his injuries didn't kill him, the fact of his plane's demise might be too much.

Theo was brought back to his own situation with the sound of the Sawk speaking.

"I'm Robert Flows, though most call me Robs. I'm curious Mr. Myrsky, about why Abyssal planes would be targeting you."

Theo paused before replying. He could tell Robs about the whole "Indigo seer" deal, but that could have some consequences if the information was spread around. Then again the remaining abyssal pilots would know that he was in Scarwell, though they might not know if he had survived the crash or not. No, it would be safer to simply say they few to near one of the fallen cities.

"My friend and I were flying to Scarwell from Emerald Coast, and long the way we passed just a hair too near Kivian City, which has fallen to the Abyss. The plane we flew was originally made for racing, so we were able to avoid them long enough to get to the shore. Though as you might be able to guess, they caught up to us in the end."

Robs shook his head. "Its too dangerous these days to be flying around anywhere, especially across the Triplecross Sea." Take a boat and go the long route to avoid the dead lands. Now, Mr. Myrsky, I need to discuss this with the others, so if you'll just stay here for a moment, I'll be right back."

As he turned away and walked back to the other beach go'ers, Theo quickly put up a Hide spell around himself. Not a very good one, but good enough that they wouldn't immediately notice his disappearance. Normally Theo would've stayed to sort out any problems that might arise from crashing a plane into a City beach, but he was on a mission. He needed to start looking for help quickly.

Theo walked into the busy streets, following at a distance the small group of Pokemon who were carrying Hanz. once he had been safetly delivered to the hospital, Theo snuck into a side ally and removed his Hide spell. He watched Hanz through a hospital window for a moment, his eyes changing from a light yellow to a dark blue in the reflection, before moving out.

As he re-entered the streets, he cast out with his aura search. There were four Indigo seers, two of them seemed to be right next to each other, one seemed to be on the outskirts and traveling toward the City, and the nearest one was on its own. If Theo hadn't been walking in a busy street at the time, he would've stopped and put more focus into the search so as to discern what species they were, but here he couldn't do that.

Ending the aura search before his slightly glowing eyes brought on any attention, he directed his path toward where he had felt the nearest aura. As he walked however, he started to notice an odd atmosphere around him. Watching through his peripheral vision, he didn't notice anything particularly off at first. Then he noticed the glances, the muttered words behind paws and the glaring. Something about him seemed to be causing the indigenous Pokemon to seriously dislike him.

"Maybe they've heard about the plane crash and think I'm going to bring the abyssal forces on them." He mused as he continued down the streets, avoiding any eye contact and ignoring the hate surrounding him. Nothing good would come of making a fuss about the treatment he was getting. Any fuss would bring attention to him, and attention was one of the things he did not especially want at that moment.

Passing a jewelry store, he stopped at the opening to an alley between two buildings. He had felt the aura from far down that alley. He moved down the path quickly, hoping that the seer hadn't gone very far since his last search. Just before taking the last turn, Theo stopped and peeked around the corner. In the last stretch of the alley he saw four Pokemon. Three of them, a magmar and two charmeleons, stood together facing away from where Theo hid. All three of them wore security guard uniforms and a slightly pathetic air about them. The fourth Pokemon, a mightyena, stood with her back against the end of the alley. She appeared to be in a rather poor state, physically exhausted and trapped. Theo needed to do something quick.

Stepping out from behind the corner, he said in a loud voice: "Stop! She is with me!"

All three of the guards spun around and looked at Theo. For a moment, no one said anything. Then the right most Charmeleon said in a voice filled with disgust and contempt:

"Of course this piece of trash is with you. All you Quadrupeds are filth just as much as those abyssal "mons are scum." And she spat on the ground at Theo's feet.

Theo felt his emotions boil. So this is the reason behind all of those horrible looks and the muttering behind paws! "You got something wrong with Quadrupeds lizard? I'm surprised you even know how to talk, for someone with so little brains."

Theo didn't know where all of his anger was coming from. He had endured much worse insults before this, but something about the injustice of the quadruped racism seemed to have hit a sensitive point. He wanted to hurt these three Pokemon who stood before him, these three who dared to claim that they were better than he was just because of how he walked. Maybe their screams of pain would sound just as pathetic and low life wasteful as their views were.

The Charmeleon roared in anger at the insult and charged at Theo, raising her claw for a Metal Claw attack. As she got close, Theo jumped at her, avoiding the slashing claws and landing two paws on her head, which he abruptly slammed in the brick wall next to him. Her grunt of pain and lack of movement satisfied him greatly. It did not please her fellow guards however. As the other Charmeleon charged forward as well, the Magmar let out a mighty Fire blast. Quickly grabbing the wildly charging Charmeleon, he used him as a shield to block the approaching inferno. His shout of anger and pain wasn't quite as pleasing as the grunt had been, but it was close. Theo bared his fangs and smiled at the struggling Charmeleon before smashing him too into the stone wall. He slid down unconscious next to the other one.

"You're going to get it now you stupid Quadruped. Your the filth that's made this world the way it is. You and that criminal beack there!" The Magamr shouted at Theo. He tucked in his shoulder and charged at Theo, preparing for a Giga impact. Theo didn't move, but brought his paw back instead as if about to hit something and focused. As Theo focused, he felt as if everything around him had slowed. The Magmar was no longer charging at him at a high spead, but was instead was crawling along.Slowly he got closer and closer to Theo, then, just as he was about to make contact, Theo moved.

The force of Theo's focus punch sent the Magmar flying backward, smashing into the wall behind the Mightyena. "Hurrrgllghhlllhh" the magmar gurgled as it slid to the ground, just as unconscious its other two partners. As the angry red haze disappeared from Theo's sight, he decided that that was the most satisfying sound he had ever heard.
    Last edited by Morzone; 07-28-2015 at 02:18 AM.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven Karan the Mightyena
    Back alley, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected rpers: @Morzone

Raven backed up slightly, her left rear paw against the wall. She braced herself, the necklace still in her grasp, for the pummeling of a lifetime. They wouldn't let her off easily. Not this time. They only make that mistake once. Her carelessness was costing her, and now her perfect record was about to be royally smeared with her own blood. Claws digging into the dirt, the charmeleon before her prepared to strike with a metal claw, when an unfamiliar voice called down the alleyway.

"Stop! She is with me!" Raven couldn't keep the confused look from her face. A quilava had stepped from around the corner and was coming to help her. Why? He obviously wasn't from around here. No one, in their right minds, would help a thief in this area. She prepared to ward him off, get rid of him so she could handle this herself, but Raven had remained in her state of confusion for too long. The charmeleon had already made her move.

"Of course this piece of trash is with you. All you Quadrupeds are filth just as much as those abyssal "mons are scum." Then she proceeded to spit at the quilava's feet. Well, as far as Raven could tell, that was not a smart move. At all. That only seemed to enrage the quilava. He seemed particularly mad at the comment, or the spit, or both. Raven wasn't really sure and that detail didn't truly matter in this situation.

You got something wrong with Quadrupeds lizard? I'm surprised you even know how to talk, for someone with so little brains." A fight quickly broke out. Before Raven could truly react, the big mouth (er… snout?) charmeleon was charging at the quilava with a metal claw. The quilava easily fended her off and disposed of the other two charmeleons and magmars with relative ease. Raven flinched a little as the quilava disposed of the last magmar.

Raven removed her paw from the wall and cautiously backed away from the stranger. She couldn't trust him. No one would help her, especially if they knew who she was. This man, he had to seeking a reward of sorts. She couldn't provide that. Especially if he wanted this necklace. She had clients waiting. Raven backed up further, hesitated for a second, something nagging her in the back of her mind about this guy, before taking off towards the front of the alleyway.

Raven legs pumped hard, her claws digging into the dirt and releasing it lightning quickly. She shot through the town, most of the occupants still hanging in the bars for now. She just had to hope the quilava would either refuse to pursue, or was not as quick as her. Of course, that quickly became the least of her worries when she felt herself collide with someone. Raven grunted and opened her left eye, only to reveal she had collided with another magmar. She groaned internally. Enough with the officers today!

Raven pushed herself off the guy, rolled back her ears, and released a loud snarl, temporarily stunning the guard while she made her escape. Raven dashed into another alleyway and entered a store. Inside, a treecko was waiting. He glanced up as Raven entered and smiled. Without a word, the treecko gestured to the pouch of coins on the desk. Raven placed the necklace on the desk, then picked up the pouch and slid it into her fur. The transaction was done and over, quick and easy.

Raven exited the shop and felt a ringing in the back of her head. It was the same feeling she had earlier when encountering the quilava. Could it be her seer powers? Raven began to walked out into the main streets, mainly sticking to the darkness, before deciding to find this quilava again. It didn't take long before she was on the fire pokemon's trail and following him with silent feet.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 07-31-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax
    ARP'ers: @Noblejanobii

Theo took a moment to relax, and tried to ignore the internal scolding he was getting from his old dojo master. Good old Master reeves, he would've flipped out if anyone had tried to focus punch stunt like that in his dojo. Once he had shaken off this memory, Theo looked up at the Mightyena. She had a very shiny black fur coat and inverted eyes, something that he found interesting considering his own eyes. She also had a beautiful necklace gripped tightly in her mouth. Something about this bothered him, but he couldn't quite place why that was. He opened his mouth to greet the seer.

Then she vanished.

She didn't literally vanish, but had actually sprinted forward so fast that Theo did not have time to react.
    "Wait!" he shouted once he had recovered, but it was no good. The mightyena had already disappeared. He sprinted back up the alley, hoping that he could catch up to her before she escaped, but he was no match for her speed. She had long disappeared into the crowds by the time Theo had made it back to the main street.

"Of course she was going to get out of there you idiot! You just showed up and started attacking people!" He cursed himself mentally, still looking around the streets in hope of some miracle. A nearby jewelry store caught his attention and he walked toward it. Outside the doors were several Police Pokemon, some of them discussing quietly while others seemed to be searching for something. His curiosity growing, Theo walked up to one of the searching Officers.

"excuse me, but what happened here?" He asked.

The Officer looked up, clearly annoyed by the interruption. "Some thief came in and stole some stuff, now I need to get back to looking for evidence."

Theo walked away down the street, thinking about what the Police Pokemon had said. Some thief and stole something some a jewelery shop. This reminded him of the necklace the seer had been holding. Surely that seer could not be the thief, but wait, that Magmar in the guard uniform had called her a criminal. Theo had thought that was just the quadruped racism, but could she actually be a thief? He didn't want to believe it, but too many things pointed toward it.

A thief. A Thief. Of all the seers had to have gone to, it had to be one that was a criminal. Theo shook his head. He couldn't get caught up on this, he had a mission to do. Besides, there was probably wasn't her fault she was a criminal, there was enough racism in this City to turn anyone bad. What he needed to focus on now though, was what to do next. He had two real choices: he could either try and find the Mightyena again, or he could go and find another seer.

His thinking was interrupted by a hard knock to his side, making him stumble. Looking up, he saw a large Mr. Mime looming over him.

"Oh, Sorry," He said in a voice dripping with Sarcasm, "I didn't see you there. You should be careful, it must be hard to walk with two left feet."

Theo glared at him, trying to put as much of his hate as he possibly could into the look. The Mr. Mime faltered slightly, then walked away quickly. Theo turned and hurried into the nearest alley to get out of the main street. Sitting down on a wooden crate, he took several deep breaths to calm himself.

As he did it, he fingered his wrist band, covered in Unkown letters. It didn't spell anything at the moment, but he knew he could change that if he wanted too. Looking down at it, he noticed that he had absentmindedly written "Thief" with the letters. "That's probably for the best. Yes, I will find the mightyena seer, hopefully she isn't too far," he said to himself, standing up, "Alright, let's get searching."

Theo cast out once again with his Aura search, this time putting more effort into it. His eyes glowing brightly, he searched around for the seer auras. Most of them were relatively in the same place. The one traveling, a Ledian, was still traveling. The two that were near each other, a Lopunny and an aegislash, were still near each other. But he could not find the Mightyena, it was as if she had found a way to hide her Aura.

"Typical." He muttered to himself, "How am I supposed to find that seer now?"

VPP

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Shiro Minamoto the Aegislash
    Airship Hangar, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga; @Velocity @The Nonexistent Tazz (indirectly)

I allow my satisfaction to bleed over the telepathic link, <I am pleased to have you on board. And keep your allies as long as you like. I cannot turn down help right now, however much it might be... unconventional. And as much as I would like to waltz into Jansen and turn Undax into a pile of guts and gore, I currently consider that a suicide mission. One that would almost surely fail, at that, even if we tried to go for an assassination instead of a battle. No, we need clout. Give me a moment.>

The lugalate of Jansen kept a list of all known seers active in the city. I have memorized the list, but unfortunately, Undax now has access to it as well. And despite the fact that the Gengar is loathsome and vile and all manner of horrible adjectives, he is–regrettably–not stupid. I spent a considerable amount of time before meeting with Kaxo trying to find these Seers, but all the known Seers from Jansen were either caught in the massacre directly or hunted down before I could catch up to them.

Still, I owe it to all of my people to try to find them, especially if they can help. I pray, for once, that someone was mistrustful enough of the lugalate to not register his or her name as a Seer. It may be a futile att-

What?!

I see her in the next instant. A Lucario, fighting against an Abyssal Krookodile. A flash forward and I see her, wounded, but victorious. I obsessively page ahead, trying to figure out where she is going and how I can meet her, and I catch two more Pokemon I need to pay attention to.

The first is a Goodra I do not recognize: loud and obnoxious and obviously a mechanical genius. My citizen is going to meet him in Oasis, and while he is clearly a Seer, she is just as clearly disinclined to like him. It hurts to see her forced to find the nearest Seer instead of knowing there is one with her best interests at heart, just floating around in Scarwell.

The second is Captain Amelia Pike.

A quick check confirms my deepest fears: the Black Braviary is completely wrecked in the ruins of Jansen and trying to find the members of the crew I know by face turns up mostly corpses. This Lucario was clearly a member of the crew, perhaps even why the crew was targeted. I want to find Pike and the Lucario and the other living crew members and I want to reassure them that their lugal is alive and a Seer and he is coming to help them and he will make them safe as is his duty.

But as I am about to tell the Lucario as much, something stays my hand.

I realize something absurdly simple: I cannot claim to be lugal to these people. I failed, utterly failed, in my duties when they fell to me. The fact that I was all the way in Scarwell instead of at my subjects' sides protecting them as my duty implies shows that I am still failing them. I must correct my failure as quickly as possible, but for now I am too ashamed to claim any authority over the Lucario or her captain.

But I still want her to know that she has an ally she can trust.

The words leave my mind without conscious thought, after that, <Seer of Jansen! Know that you do not walk alone! Know that there is another like you, bound to you in kinship by the indigo visions plaguing our nights, by the roiling sands of our city, by the deep mystical secrets hidden beneath our ground! Know that I am another like you and that I am your staunch ally! You are not alone!>

Ok, maybe I am being just a little more emotional than usual. But I need to protect my citizens. A ruler without anyone to rule is no ruler at all, after all. My citizens always have and always will come first.

To Kaxo, I shake my head again. <Definitely not Jansen. We need to go to Oasis. We will find more allies there, and I know of one person with a very fast and reliable vessel.>

I don’t care to pay attention to which, but one of Kaxo’s entourage asks, “So… uh… Are you two gonna talk about what’s going on? Or tell us about it?”

I let out a laugh. Then, of course, I refuse to reply.

Captain Demos the Serperior is not legally a pirate in the eyes of Jansen’s government. Officially, he is a merchant. This, of course, has nothing to do with the background deal that he limits illegal activities to outside of Jansen and in turn gives anyone in Jansen who knows of the deal preferential treatment for hiring him.

Of course, almost everyone in Jansen is dead, so he probably assumes he is off the hook for that deal. My suspicion is confirmed when I discreetly flash him one of the Jansen Royal Blood Diamonds and he blinks, which for a professional like him is the same as freezing in shock. A small amount of smugness leaks into my voice as I tell him, "Oasis. We leave in ten minutes."

He lets out a dark laugh, "Thought you were dead."

"Greatly exaggerated. Though that was rather the point of the exercise. I expect discretion."

"Discretion costs money." His voice is matter of fact.

I growl to myself and hand him a few extra coins. He shows his teeth at me, but I hesitate to call his expression a smile.

It takes five minutes before Kaxo's Floatzel speaks, and of course, it is a complaint, "Cloaked person? I-it feels like I'm moving through syrup all of a sudden."

I am about to make a disparaging comment when Demos comes down from his ship to say something and suddenly makes a displeased noise, “Hate to say this, but Whiny has a point. It feels a lot harder to move all of a sudden.”

Which is distinctly odd. Not only am I not suffering from the mysterious lethargy of motion, it almost feels like I am… moving… faster…

It is daytime, but few are around. The only visible people around are Demos, Kaxo, Kaxo’s cronies, and me. Most of these visible Pokemon here are all relatively fast by nature, and the only who is not has his species concealed. The dots connect in my head.

I begin rapidly constructing a wide barrier: one that would not be useful for a focused strike, but would adequately protect against area effect attacks. I hear a voice scream out “TRICK ROOM!”, and it takes a second to realize that the voice is my own.

An enormous wave erupts and taxes the strength of my barrier, but the defense holds throughout the initial assault. When the water clears, a twisted violet Jellicent is revealed to be the culprit.

Twisted purples and blacks roil angrily like an aura around her. The water she summoned would look inky even in the dead of night, and smells of mercaptan besides. Black blood rolls down her eyes, and her mouth is an angry gaping toothy maw. Her voice has all the gentle caress of an angry Sharpedo as she… smiles... at Demos and says, “HeLLo cApTAin. DId yOu MiSs mE?”

Demos, bless his heart, tries to react as quickly as the twisted dimensions allow, throwing a Leaf Storm at her face. She practically teleports out of the way, of course, but it is the thought that counts. He does not say a word other than the tactical shout of, “She’s a Defiler! Get to the ship!”

Indeed, this day was looking up.
    Last edited by Death's Spook; 08-14-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Duke Stellar the Ledian
    Arriving in Scarwell
    Affected RPers: N/A

Luckily there were no more attacks from infernal Pokémon for the rest of the wagon’s trek to Scarwell. The family he had saved offered Duke some kind of reward, but as they didn’t have any alcohol, the Bug-type Pokémon refused their generosity, taking only an old rag and a bit of polish for his boots. As he worked on getting the gore off of his kicks, the young Wooper waddled its way over to Duke, taking its time since its path was hazarded not only by the lack of arms to balance but also by the bouncing and jolting of the wooden floor as the wagon crossed the wastes.

“Why are you dressed so funny, mister?” the Wooper asked with a slight whistle.

“Don’t bother him, Squirt,” his mother said, but both the Wooper and the Ledian ignored her.

“What do you mean?” Duke responded, not taking his eyes off of a particularly annoying stain of blood on the brown leather.

“Lots of Pokémon back home wear hats like that, but none of them wear tarps like that, or those things on your feet.”

“Look, kid,” Duke said, abandoning his boot for a moment, “it’s not a tarp, it’s a duster. It helps me hold my guns and booze, and it looks cool, not funny.”

“Well, where did you get it?” the curious Wooper responded.

“Let’s just say I used all the parts of the Bouffalant,” the red Pokémon said with a roguish glint in his eye. The Pokémon pulling the wagon let out a harsh and conspicuous cough. “Oh, calm down! I was joking!” Then, Duke turned back to the Wooper and whispered, “It was actually a Tauros.”

“That’s enough of that,” the awed young Pokémon’s mother said as she pulled her child close to her and away from the odd Ledian riding along with them. “Thank you for what you did back there,” the female Quagsire said to Duke, putting special emphasis on the last two words, as if to divorce his previous actions from the current bad influence that he was exerting on her child.

“We would have been fine,” grunted the Normal-type at the head of the vehicle.

“Oh, of course,” Duke said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “A brilliant strategy you had, luring those monsters into a false sense of security by providing them with easy targets. Who knows, maybe they would have gotten bored with such pathetic prey and gone off in search of a challenge.”

“That’s enough,” the male Quagsire interrupted before the wagon could finish screeching to a halt. After a tense moment, the wheels began turning and the hooves began clip-clopping again. “We are grateful for what you did for us back there, yes. We didn’t expect any trouble, especially so far away from the larger cities that are under control of those monsters,” the flustered Water-type continued. He raised one slimy hand to his equally slick chin. “I do wonder what those two creatures were doing so far from those infernal centers though.”

The Ledian shrugged, slightly disappointed that a fight between him and the Bouffalant had not broken out. “Probably just stragglers, creatures from the Abyss looking for random violence and a quick bite to eat.”

Both Quagsire looked positively nauseous at that thought.

“Or they could have been scouts, an advance guard,” the Bouffalant pitched in. “Signs that the Abyss is planning something big. My guess would be a drive to the sea to wipe Scarwell and all of the Pokémon there off the map.”

The Water-type Pokémon turned an even more sickly shade of green at that comment.

“On that happy note,” Duke said, “how close are we to Scarwell anyway?”

“We should be nearing the limits any minute now.”

The wagon pulled up to a queue of other tarp-covered vehicles, all waiting for clearance from the city’s government before they could enter Scarwell proper. They were all of a similar level of shoddy quality as the one Duke was in, but the wagons that stretched off toward Scarwell were anything but identical. Different wagons had varying levels of damage, huge tears in their coverings, tarps covered with dirt and distorted from the harsh winds of the waste, and even a wagon that was missing a wheel only to be pushed along by a duo of Gurdurr. These were just a few of the refugees who had been driven west by the Abyssal assault on the continent. Driven out of their homes by force or the fear of force, these Pokémon were joining the many who had arrived in Scarwell clinging to the desperate hope that this would provide them with a modicum of security. But what really got Duke’s attention was a hum in the air, a strange feeling that he had not felt in many years.

During his seer training, he had learned that Azure Seers could communicate telepathically. Duke had even learned how to listen in a bit, gathering pieces and glimpses of conversations, using them to pinpoint the presence of other Seers. The way it was described to him was that all Pokémon create ripples in the world’s mental map by virtue of their thoughts and consciousness, but Seers’ mental abilities and gifts caused them to process at a higher level, allowing for them to be sensed by other Seers. Most of the time it took concentration to detect such subtle vibrations, but when the Seers in question were using their abilities, whether in combat or communication, the ripples in the surface became greater. Especially if they were close.

Duke gave an involuntary sigh at the thought of more Seers. It was completely expected that Seers would be in Scarwell. Not only was it the largest city in the area, but it was also hosting most of the surviving population of the Vectaken peninsula in the form of refugees. Still, to feel other Seers again after so long, especially ones that seemed as strong as the indeterminate number he was sensing came as a shock. Before Duke could give it any more thought though, he felt a slight prickling in the back of his mind. He rubbed the back of his hat absentmindedly before he realized what it had been. He had been sensed! Not in the vague way that he had just picked up the Seers in the city, but in the way that meant that someone was directly looking for Seers and their location. That could only mean one thing.

He was going to have to start drinking earlier than he expected.

The Ledian hopped off of the wagon, offering only a slight tip of his hat and a nod to the Pokémon he had ridden with before buzzing toward the city. Instead of following the line of wagons, the crimson ladybug flew towards the nearest business district. It would be easier to get inside a quarter filled with money-hungry shopkeepers than through a bureaucratic processing center, plus it would probably be easier to get information on the best (or worst) establishment to go to in order to get filthy stinking intoxicated and mask his Seer presence and powers in the stupor of drunkenness. Years of drinking had done a bit to dull his powers, but it never hurt to add fuel to that fire.

Once he was inside the business district, the Ledian’s senses were assaulted by an onslaught of sights, sounds, and smells. Every Pokémon was hawking one thing or another, with charms against Abyssal forces apparently proving to be some of the hottest items on the market. Duke lowered his hat to hide the distinctive star birthmark on his forehead and let his antennae and his residual Seer abilities to sort out all of the commotion and find the quietest person in this area. Hopefully he could ask that person where he could get a stiff drink without the Pokémon trying to sell him some useless junk.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Torchic; 08-02-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Moira Magro
    Oasis, Synamax
    ARP’ers: @The Nonexistent Tazz, @Death’s Spook

All around, the leafy streets of Oasis flickered in my dim vision. My wounded leg burned; I tried to turn to Abelard, to lean on her shoulder, but she wasn't there. No one was; the place had been deserted.

Except just one, up ahead: a slender Lucario, with tall ears and a long crown. She was almost as tall as me, but without the bulk to match, she looked scrawny. Covered in shadow, she peered out of an alleyway, the lone occupant of the lonely streets.

I walked toward her; no longer did my paws brush aside dirt and moss, but rather they clicked on paving stones. The street was not Oasian; it was Jansenian.

"Ma'am?" I called out to the Lucario, who made no effort to move out of the shadows. "... Mother?"

So fast that I almost failed to process it, the familiar Lucario was shoved forward, out into the middle of the street. She fell, body curled and contorted awkwardly, and did not rise.

Another Lucario came in her wake, this one built like a Beartic, considerably larger than even myself. It moved more like a Mightyena than a Lucario, however, holding the long knives of its vicious claws near the ground and snarling a feral, wild-eyed snarl at everything around it. On its shoulders was a tattered cloak, similar to my poncho, but this cloak was scarlet and emblazoned with evil symbols of black and gold. The Lucario was like me, but… feral. Brutal. Brimming with the desire to kill and rend and harm. I wasn’t reading the thing’s aura; I just knew this with every fiber of my being.

And then its eyes fell on me.

Sclera bloodshot, irises red, pupils slitted. I felt like I was caught in a spotlight, trapped beneath the monstrous Lucario’s gaze. With an easy grace, it stepped over my mother’s broken, twisted corpse and rumbled out a furious snarl. I tried to move away, tried to ready an Aura Sphere, tried to do anything other than stand there, stone-still, as it came toward me…

And then it lunged, teeth flashing.

My Fallen.

~~~

“Moira? Are you okay?”

I rubbed at my eyes with stiff paws. Abelard’s voice had, mercifully, cut through the dream. Despite myself, I must have fallen asleep when the Oasis medics went to work on my leg. It happened sometimes; a good Heal Pulse could stitch up most wounds fast, but the quickened healing drew on the strength of the patient’s body as well as the Pulse user’s. An annoying fact for us Indigo Seers, as most of my sleep was consumed by horrible nightmares.

But that… had my Fallen been in Jansen? And my mother, had it…?

The hospital that Abelard had brought me to was a good little establishment; I had been set up in a more public area, where those with more minor wounds could be sat down on cots, healed, and quickly shuffled out. It wasn’t exactly busy; Oasis lived up to its name, and for the most part its citizens didn’t go about getting seriously injured. Abelard sat on an unoccupied cot next to mine, watching me with nervous eyes.

“Sorry for waking you,” she said. “But you were growling and whimpering in your sleep. You -”

<Sorry for being chatty about this, Moria, but I'd at least keep you updated and aware rather than in the dark and unsure, I think…> The Professor’s psychic voice cut off Abelard in mid-sentence. <We've got one of those filthy scoundrels without much incident, the bugger didn't get time to attack before it was quickly taken care of. I suppose that's a good start to things-forgive me, I'm a scientist, not a soldier. I do make weapons, though! Many things, really. Anyways, considering how noisy that brief kerfuffle was… Well, I can presume that there really aren't that many people around, as no-one's coming to our location… I'll check the rooms for survivors now.>

“... bad nightmare,” Abelard finished. I winced, then held up one finger in a gesture for her to wait a moment.

<It’s fine. Better to be in contact than to keep worrying you’ve died. It’s possible your message reached me later than intended. There was an assassin waiting for me in Oasis, who gave me a bad wound. I fell asleep during the healing. I’m officially on high alert now, and so’s the whole city, probably… Never a dull moment for a Seer, eh?>

I then turned back toward Abelard. “Okay. Thanks for waking me; it was… it was definitely not a good dream. Now… Dammit, where’s the staff around here. I need to pay someone for this, don’t I.”

“Not really,” Abelard smiled. “I already paid the nurse for your healing. It seems like you need to hold onto your money more than any of us, you know? If we get separated or something.”

I considered repaying her, but she was right. I was going to need cash, especially when I managed to ditch Abelard and Captain Pike as planned. “Thank you,” I said, rising up from the cot and stretching my leg experimentally. It felt as good as new. “Do you know if the skyport is still on lockdown?”

“Probably. Do you want to just go out like we planned?”

Once the dead Abyssal Krookodile had been hauled up out of the ground, the Oasis officials had immediately started an investigation, one that involved keeping all outbound airships grounded and keeping all patrons behind locked doors until the security breach had been seen to. It was fortunate that Abelard and I had already been leaving, or we would’ve been trapped inside as well. Now we at least had the chance to do something productive. “That would be best, I think. Let’s get going.”

~~~

The market area of Oasis was business-as-usual; it didn’t seem to matter to anyone that an Infernal Pokemon had just burst out of the ground and assaulted someone. There were goods to sell, and they were going to get sold, regardless of any so-called apocalypse. For the most part, the market was open-air, with leafy stalls formed from rooted shrubbery or carved out of wood. Wares ranged from windchimes to scarves, but I couldn’t help but notice that a lot of the stalls were selling knives, firearms, or even light armor beside their usual wares. Good. Despite the peace that reigned in the city, the inhabitants were smart enough to protect themselves.

I sauntered over to a Xatu’s stall, intrigued by the multitude of pistols on display. Captain Pike carried two, but to my knowledge, Abelard had little experience with firearms. I picked one up and tested its weight in my paw; the trigger guard was wide enough to allow Abelard’s claw to fit into it. It might help her to have one, since she was a melee fighter by nature.

I shook my head and put the weapon back. It didn’t matter whether Abelard carried a weapon. She wasn’t coming with me. With luck, I’d be leaving her in Oasis along with Pike.

I found Abelard again looking at some Furret’s beadworks. I sighed. “Do you know where I could find something to actually help against the Abyss?” I asked, trying to keep myself from snapping too viciously. Much as I didn’t want to admit it, the attack and the nightmare that had followed it had rattled me pretty badly.

“Oh!” Abelard said, looking contrite. “I’m sorry, Moira; I know that I got sidetracked… My mother sells charms from a bigger store in the shops district. I could take you there, if you wanted. And… I wouldn’t mind seeing my mom again. It’s been a few months since we set down in Oasis.”

I had to exert an effort of will to keep the snarl out of my sigh. “Okay, sure. So long as we make sure to stay on track. And not get ambushed again.”

Abelard waved goodbye to the Furret and started walking, but she seemed nervous. It took her about two seconds to ask me, “Are you alright, Moira? Do you want to talk about your dream?”

I considered cursing her out, or just staying silent, but some bizarre urge prompted me to speak. Maybe talking about the dream would settle me. “When I slept, I dreamt that I was back in Jansen. I saw... do you know what a Fallen is, Abelard?”

I was surprised to see her nod assent, but I continued. “I saw mine, in the streets of Jansen. It was… horrifying. If it had been real, the thing could’ve taken me apart, easily, no questions asked. If it’s still there, it could go very badly for me.” I neglected to mention that I had seen it with what had looked like my mother’s corpse.

"It seems to me," Abelard said, "that your Fallen shouldn't be very powerful. You're a bit grouchy sometimes, yes, but I wouldn’t really call you sinful.”

I contemplated just dismissing what she said, but no - I wanted her to know. Otherwise she would keep bugging me. I ushered her out of the crowd and kept my voice level as I spoke, “Abelard, there is a reason I never stayed on the Braviary much whenever we docked, and why I always went off into the wilds by myself. For food, you eat mostly vegetables, right? With the occasional insect or Magikarp for protein?” When she nodded, I looked her dead in the eye and said, “That Furret merchant we passed? I don’t look at her and think ‘oh, what wonderful beads she’s selling’. I look at her and remember that the most delicious part of a Furret is the lungs, that the obliques are tough and chewy, and that the best way to dispatch them quickly is with a Bullet Punch through the brain because their necks are too flexible to readily snap.”

When Abelard said nothing, just stared at me in a kind of fascinated horror, I kept going. “I’m not saying I’m some sort of serial killer who goes around shooting Skitties for fun. But I need to eat fresh meat in order to survive, and I’ve killed most of what I’ve gotten. And that’s discounting the people who’ve been hurt by weapons I’ve made or fixed, or the sky pirates I’ve killed. I can’t say I’ve ever regretted it, either, which probably makes things worse. So if this thing catches up to me, or if it’s still in Jansen, it’s going to be bad for everyone within a mile radius or so.”

Before Abelard could reply, I felt pressure on my mind again, but this one was different from the Professor’s bombastic presence. I held up a paw to silence Abelard again, then braced myself.

<Seer of Jansen! Know that you do not walk alone! Know that there is another like you, bound to you in kinship by the indigo visions plaguing our nights, by the roiling sands of our city, by the deep mystical secrets hidden beneath our ground! Know that I am another like you and that I am your staunch ally! You are not alone!>

Good Arceus, this guy was almost as hammy as the Professor was. But there was something else behind his voice. There was no command in this new Seer’s voice, but there was a certain air of authority to him regardless. There was something… genuine to it. Heartfelt. This guy, I realized, meant that he was from Jansen and he wanted to help me.

But a quick check showed me that he was in Scarwell, with another strange Seer with him and a couple of other strangers - a Lopunny Seer, and a Furret and Floatzel. Ironically, I was able to discern more about the company that this new Seer kept more easily than I could identify the Seer himself. When I tried to look at him, he was concealed within some manner of cloak, which made it impossible to see what sort of Pokemon he was.

Hm. So my new mystery “ally” was willing to help out… from another continent, when he was clearly in hiding. Whatever help he had to offer, it wasn’t coming soon.

<I’m starting to think that melodrama is a common Seers’ trait I missed out on,> I replied sardonically. <Look, if you’re interested in alliances, find me in Oasis. I’m waiting on a Goodra, and we intend to put together the means to kill Undax and, quite frankly, we need all the help we can find. Do you get me?>

I then gave Abelard a grin. As an afterthought, I realized that showing my fangs in a way that probably looked more like a frustrated grimace than a genuine expression of happiness was probably going to be unsettling to the Haxorus, and I stopped grinning. “Never a dull moment in the life of a Seer,” I said with forced cheer. “C’mon, let’s get out of this alleyway and go buy some charms, alright?”

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven Karan the Mightyena
    Back alley, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected rpers: @Morzone

Raven narrowed her inverted eyes at the Quilava. He had tried to pursue her, but it was less than valiant effort. He had given up quite early into the chase. Disappointing, purely disappointing. Still, he seemed determined enough to find her, even if he had not pursued the chase.

Raven watched curiously as the fellow was roughed up by a Mr. Mime. The glare cast back at the bipedal psychic type delivered the message clear enough. This Quilava did not want to be messed with. Raven could respect that. Most of the four-legged Pokemon in this area just took the racism with a tight upper lip. This fellow, however, was definitely not from this area. He would not remain silent.

The Quilava sat down on a wooden crate and began to fiddle with that bracelet of his. Raven watched him, the creature seeming to have a deeper pondering going on. Raven had little doubt as to what he must be pondering, but it was still interesting to watch nonetheless.

Raven stood up from where she sat and cast her gaze around the nearby area. It did not take long for her to spot three different guards lurking nearby. If she was not careful, they would spot her, and she couldn't be caught with the money on hand. It would only prove her guilt. Tail swishing back and forth behind her, Raven came to a quick decision, if this Quilava was who he was implied to be, then they would need to finish their discussion elsewhere.

Perhaps her master would like to meet him. Another seer would be great in helping Raven progress her fledgling abilities. Sure, Raven knew how to use the basics of her abilities, but she still had little substance or control over them. If Quilava were, in fact, another seer, he could help her in her training, especially with such a dire future drawing ever nearer.

"That's probably for the best. Yes, I will find the mightyena seer, hopefully she isn't too far," he said to himself, standing up, "Alright, let's get searching." Raven watched as the Quilava closed his eyes and seemed to focus. She felt something brush past her, but it did not seem to touch her, only go around her. This seemed to frustrate the Quilava. "Typical. How am I supposed to find that seer now?"

Raven took that as her cue.

"You wouldn't have to look very far is you searched the shadows," she answered as she approached the Quilava. Raven sat down beside the man and looked over him. "I must admit, I was a bit startled when someone actually came to help me when I was cornered. It immediately told me that you weren't from around this area. I apologize for bolting as quickly as I did. The risk of getting caught is highly likely for someone of my… allure. You see, I was unsure if I could really trust you or not. So, I admit, I fled, turned in my prize to its rightful client, and began to wander again. It was then that I realized, there was something different about you. A unique feeling that I have only truly experienced few other times. And what you have said since I began to tail you only proves my suspicions. You are a seer, are you not?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire