Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

[b]Raven Karan the Mightyena
    Raven's Office, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected rpers: @Morzone

"I will do everything in my power to help you find your comrades."

Raven's ears lifted and she looked up at Theo. There was a sparkle in her eyes and she smiled just slightly. Her claws tightened around her charm. Finally, someone was willing to help. With Raven's powers being so underdeveloped, having someone more experienced might be just what she needed to locate her brothers. She would find them, even if it meant her own demise.

"Thank you," she replied softly. "They mean the world to me, and I will do anything to have them stand by my side again. And even if we cannot locate them, your efforts in helping me are more than enough payment for me. Thus, I require no form of monetary payment from you. For no amount of money could replace them."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Theo Myrsky
    Raven's Office, Scarwell
    ARP'ers: @Noblejanobii

Theo nodded, glad to be of use to her. "May I inquire more about your comrades? Who they were and who took them from you?" Mentally he went through a list of people or organizations that might want to attack a seer. Obviously there were abyssal forces, possibly a government that was afraid of her possible power and influence, maybe some other underground organization. Then again, the racism against quadrupeds in this place could've easily motivated a lot of Pokemon to want to hurt her. They wouldn't like the idea of a quadruped being a seer.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven's ears fell and her claws tightened on the charm. She sighed and looked to the side, her eyes far away. She shook her head a little and glanced back at Theo.

"They're my brothers," she answered quietly. "We were raised in the same orphanage together. They protected me and in turn, when it came to it, I provided us with food to eat. See, even within groups of dark types, quarapleds are discriminated against, so being the only ones with four legs brought us together. Our caretaker bore no prejudice against us, but the bipedals were always trying to harm us, especially me since, at the time, I was the youngest and the weakest." Raven sighed and looked at the charm in her paw. "There's the oldest, Axel. He's an absol. Then there's Selini, an Umbreon. He was always the voice of reason amongst us and kept us from lashing out at those who hurt us. Then there's Cerberus, he's the closest to my age and the one that helped train me."

Raven released the charm from her paw and let it fall back against her neck. She narrowed her eyes and let out a low growl.

"I was tricked and lured into a thieving mission. The authorities almost caught me, leaving me with this scar on my snout. What I didn't realize is I was allowed to escape on purpose and led them straight back to my home. The next day, when I returned from another mission, they were…" Tears rose in Raven's eyes and she cursed herself for it. Now was not the time for such a weak emotion. She rubbed at her eyes as she spoke but her voice still conveyed her emotions. "They were gone. In their place, a note that said 'Pleasure doing business with you.'"
    / / / / / / / /

(The map of Talandra has disappeared from both the first post of this thread and the SU for me. Is it gone for anyone else?)

Theo Myrsky
    Raven's Office, Scarwell

"Pleasure doing business with you..." Theo murmured. He glanced at the scar on Ravan's snout, thinking hard. He doubted the abyssal forces were behind this, there would've been more destruction, more chaos. Most likely a government, probably the racist one of Scarwell, though he couldn't rule out some other criminal organization, though he doubted that one as well.

"Most likely," he said slowly, "most likely it was the government, though you've probably guessed that by now. If it is them, the only way we would be able to find your... family would be to ask someone inside for information." He touched his own memorabilia hanging around his neck, understanding what it felt like to lose someone important. "As a seer unbeknownst to this area, it may be possible for me to acquire an audience with the royalty, or at least someone important within the government, and see if I can find any details about their whereabouts ." Theo looked at Ravan, wondering what she thought of this plan.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven considered Theo's plan carefully. It seemed almost too simple, too diplomatic. It certainly wasn't Raven's style, but it might be Theo's. She had to admit, the quilava was an effective negotiator so this might be their best option. Her only worry was discrimination. Theo might not be a dark type, but the quadrupled discrimination was something he was still a possible subject to. Though, being a foreigner might help him avoid such pokeracism, though Raven doubted that. Still, Occam's razor, the simplest argument is often the best one.

"It sounds like an interesting plan. It's not my style but you're more of a diplomat than I am, so if you believe you can get that to work then go ahead an try it. What will you need for it?"
    / / / / / / / /

Theo Myrsky
    Raven's Office, Scarwell

Theo thought for a moment, recalling what he'd been taught. He decided the most important thing was information, mainly about the customs of the nobles in Scarwell and the names of the King or Queen and other Pokemon in high position. He would also need a way to announce himself beforehand, as showing up unannounced did not command much respect.

"I need to know as much as I can about the King or Queen and their nobles, their names and special customs they abide by. A good impression can often do wonders." It occurred to him that a good impression may be impossible due to the quadruped racism. He would have to work around that. "I also need a way to announce myself before going there personally, so as to create the illusion that my lifestyle resembles that of a Pokemon similar in statute to theirs. A letter will probably do, so I can handle that." He mulled it over a second or two before adding, "I may be able to address the quadruped racism in the letter, but I doubt it will remove the problem. hmm..."

VPP