Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    yeah well, no one said it was a perfect system. Keep trying man, you'll get someone eventually. I love cliff hangers, one of the best plot devices ever. Though they do get annoying when you've been reading for hours and then suddenly have to stop with a cliffhanger.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

How often does it update?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

books don't update Noble. They come with sequels.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lol that's not what I meant, Morzone. Though I am anticipating the sequel to a series I'm hooked on.

I meant how often does 50,000 volts, a fanficition, update.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Speaking of books, I've been trying to figure out how to get a novel I recently finished published. It seems like... a heck of a lot of work. It actually seems VERY similar to the hassle of sending out resumes for job applications. @.@

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Haha, I understand how you feel Neo. I finally got my first children's book sent to the presses earlier this past week and the fact that it took us almost two years to get a fourteen page book published is insane to say the least. Which leads me to this announcement, later this week my book will be officially listed on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, as well as a bunch of other websites. If anyone is interested in a copy PM me and I'll let you know when it goes up.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Bam, that right there is my dream. I just want to get at least ONE novel I've written to get published and become a physical book with cool cover art. I've written so freaking many novels and manuscripts that just sat in binders, never got read, and just got deleted or thrown out in time. In fact, that's the reason why I got into writing Pokémon fan fiction. The fact people would actually read my stuff just seemed awesome compared to it collecting dust.

In the meantime, heck, I don't even care about the money. I write stories out of passion because I feel I have a wild imagination and if I don't get those ideas down in writing, they're lost forever. I just want people to read it and enjoy it. If my story can make you laugh and smile, bam, mission accomplished.

I'm looking into hiring an editor, which isn't cheap, but I feel it's a necessity if I want to take it to a serious level. My writing isn't perfect and I need a second opinion. They might know of a better way to organize it even though I've gone through it at least a dozen times. Working with their recommendations would help also. I wouldn't feel confident sending it off to a publisher without working with an editor first. Once that's done, I would then try to send it off to publishers the same way I apply to jobs. Sell it, be proud of it, promote it as a great investment, but if they don't buy it, hey, keep going. I figure you gotta work like a salesman on this one. Besides, publishers reject stuff all the time for the dumbest of reasons. As far as the cover art goes, I figure I could commission someone for that.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you did to get your stuff published. But in any case, many congratulations, that's an awesome feat to be proud of.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It's my dream to become an author, so publishing this book is my life's dream and I'll actually be doing an author's signing on the 24th. I'd invite you guys except I'm pretty sure none of you live relatively close to me so it won't really work. I write stories all the time and I've found my short attention span allows me to better write short stories than long ones, so maybe I'll just stick to children's level reading for now. It won't get me famous, but it's a start.

My goal as an author is to make people realize that everyone is unique, so forcing them into the same mold as others is not okay. But also, if I can get your heart to race, mind whirling, and give you the undesirable urge to find out what's coming next, then I know I've done something well written.

Well, you've got a whole community of people here that I'm sure would be willing to help. Heck, I'm an English editor for a comic right now and the author isn't paying me. I'm also the official owner of a publishing company as well and I'd be happy to look over some of your works. I might not know a lot to get stuff done right now, but in the future I can probably get something of yours published.

It took a lot of work to get my book published, editing, illustrating, etc. It was a lot of work but it helped that I was guaranteed a publisher from the start.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Lol that's not what I meant, Morzone. Though I am anticipating the sequel to a series I'm hooked on.

I meant how often does 50,000 volts, a fanficition, update.
    The latest chapter you read was just recently released. Before that it was back in July sometime. It depends on how busy they get. It could be anywhere from a few weeks to a month or 2. The longest period I remember waiting was 2 and a half months these past 2 years I've been reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It's my dream to become an author, so publishing this book is my life's dream and I'll actually be doing an author's signing on the 24th. I'd invite you guys except I'm pretty sure none of you live relatively close to me so it won't really work. I write stories all the time and I've found my short attention span allows me to better write short stories than long ones, so maybe I'll just stick to children's level reading for now. It won't get me famous, but it's a start.

My goal as an author is to make people realize that everyone is unique, so forcing them into the same mold as others is not okay. But also, if I can get your heart to race, mind whirling, and give you the undesirable urge to find out what's coming next, then I know I've done something well written.

Well, you've got a whole community of people here that I'm sure would be willing to help. Heck, I'm an English editor for a comic right now and the author isn't paying me. I'm also the official owner of a publishing company as well and I'd be happy to look over some of your works. I might not know a lot to get stuff done right now, but in the future I can probably get something of yours published.

It took a lot of work to get my book published, editing, illustrating, etc. It was a lot of work but it helped that I was guaranteed a publisher from the start.
    well it would depend on "where" exactly since it's not a far drive (literally like a 10 drive from here to hit that state if I remember from what you mentioned recenlty). Anyway, yeah I've often thought about writing as well, but a combination of laziness and...well no accessible device to type anything on prevents that. Other than writing down potential ideas of ideas of possibly starting a fanfic ever came up, but never happened these last 2 years. Ever since I started college back in 09 I learned English/Writing classes were some of the easier classes (never failed even some of the harder essay assignments). For me it's hard to get the inspiration to begin. I find it easy to get ideas, but it's hard to know where to begin, how to lead up to it, and where to lead it from there. Then again, I'd need to get a degree for that to get much help outside (or at least it would help in any needed writing situation or styles).

Anyway congrats and good luck to you both! It's hard to get books published as a new writer and especially to find a good editor for the book and future books. My mom actually helps edit for one of the writers here around town and meets her occasionally. She likes the books so much she does it for free. So you'd be lucky to find someone out there like that.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 10-05-2015 at 05:04 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Okay that's good to know.
    / / / / / / / /