Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PxR Merchandise?

So I was thinking about it. What if if @HKim made up a PxR profile on something like Spreadshirt or Storenvy. Then people from the forum create designs to put up for sale that are PxR related things. We couldn't honestly use licensed Pokemon imagery, but artists find ways around that (Such as drawing it themselves. o:). Things like my PxR Team Awesome shirt, that could be on the Pokemon Crossroads profile, too. You all were looking for ways to make a bit of profit for the forum, so this is an idea.

This is also probably an idea that has already come up. I know that spreadshirt throws shirts out there for like, 6.50. Adding designs to it bumps it to like, 3.50 per image. then you add your own price to it. Say 2 or 3 dollars, then you have a shirt there that runs for about $13. Which is cheap for a T-Shirt, now-a-days. PxR makes the 2-3 dollars, and members get merchandise. win-win. Or the cheaper route. 6.00 for a 5 pack of pins with the PxR Logo on it. PxR makes a dollar per pack, and those would probably sell easier than a shirt or a hoodie. This is all my experience with Spreadshirt. I have no idea how Storenvy works. But my friend uses it, and makes a decent profit.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Senior Administrator

Would it be possible for you to ask your friend how Sorenvy works?

Does anyone else have experience with these sites/companies?

I don't know about anyone else here, but I would love me some PXR merch--great way to advertise, though, if we could get artists willing to do art for such things. Would also have to be wary of potential copyright issues.

And sorry, @HKim , I do not have experience with those kinds of things.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

We'd have to wait about a year before I'd be able to purchase any merchandise but I'd be on board with it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Would it be possible for you to ask your friend how Sorenvy works?

Does anyone else have experience with these sites/companies?
    I'm currently learning it on my own. Turns out my friend isn't as reliable with information as I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I don't know about anyone else here, but I would love me some PXR merch--great way to advertise, though, if we could get artists willing to do art for such things. Would also have to be wary of potential copyright issues.

And sorry, @HKim , I do not have experience with those kinds of things.
    Any artist who we get to do it should be from PxR, and I would assume they'd be able to just create the design and give PxR the rights to their artwork. As long as we don't use the Pokémon Logo, or any official imagery when we sell the products, there shouldn't be any copyright issues with Pokemon and Gamefreak.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think this is a great idea. We have lots of talented artists that may be willing to donate a drawing for merch or something. :D Pokemon themed t-shirts are everywhere so I assume it should be fine as long as we don't use official art. I'd love a PXR t-shirt!
    GCEA

I've never had any experience with these sites, but if @XaiakuX can do it, I'm totally all for it! :D We can definitely have a bunch of different designs. Leaning how the site works and its pricing would be handy, especially if, for instance, we need to pay them for each design we put up for sale...which I assume we do. xD Then maybe start small and expand. I think a top with the PXR logo on it is an awesome idea too. :] Among other designs, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I've never had any experience with these sites, but if @XaiakuX can do it, I'm totally all for it! :D We can definitely have a bunch of different designs. Leaning how the site works and its pricing would be handy, especially if, for instance, we need to pay them for each design we put up for sale...which I assume we do. xD Then maybe start small and expand. I think a top with the PXR logo on it is an awesome idea too. :] Among other designs, of course!
    The design use is a little complicated but I'll try to explain it. At least with spreadshirt, because i'm still learning storenvy, uploading the design is absolutely free. The use of it on a T-Shirt usually runs 3.50 per image used. This usually only adds to the total cost of the shirt. So it's better to make an image that will use up most of the space on the shirt, unless you want it to be in a specific spot. Because using several small images makes a $6.50 shirt a $20.00 shirt, and lolno. From what I've learned, you need the dimensions to be about 13w x 17h in inches. If your images is too big, it usually autosizes it. I wanted to run with Storenvy because you can put up pre-order options to kinda set up for it. However it's a bit more confusing to use than Spreadshirt.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

That'd be cute, but I'm not sure how profit/sales would go. I guess it's always nice to have it though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by the_lamiest View Post
    That'd be cute, but I'm not sure how profit/sales would go. I guess it's always nice to have it though haha.
    I thought about the financial pull this would have. My conclusion is that the profits would instantly go to the upkeep and improvement of PxR's website and forum. Maybe even into the promotion of the site, to bring in more people, and more potential sales of merchandise. It's a potential circle of success. People want something fresh, and something cool that they can wear on their bodies. That's where the real challenge lies in selling graphic tees and merchandise. This directly affects the sales of the merchandise as well. I've had way too much time to learn and discover multiple aspects of this venture. xD
    Paired with Jessu
    ~