Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outrealm [IC]

Daggart nearly stumbled over his own feet when Berthe insisted she was nothing special. It was expected, when one thought about it. Berthe didn't seem to be aware of Outrealm prior to this moment, even if this wasn't her first visit. Those who can enter Outrealm aren't too numerous, and Prodigies were less than 1% of all Asuras. The innocence game Berthe was playing seemingly twisted into reality -- she really didn't know which way was up in Outrealm. Exactly how much innocence though? That was the question. Her innocence convinced the Karma Society. Even Daggart buys it. Hell, he expected it. Perhaps he knows that she's hiding a bit more than you'd think subconsciously, but his subconscious wouldn't allow him to risk scaring or alienating a potential Prodigy.

"Nothing special? Why you? My dear, you have such low self-esteem for an Asura. My dear Asura, you are something special indeed." Daggart's tone remained calm and smooth. Almost buttery. The two reached a pair of white metal doors which opened horizontally after a green light scanned Daggart. He guided Berthe in by her hands, not letting go since he grasped them. "Come along, Asura."

The room was very large, to the point where the doors deceived one of its size. Rows of desks sat in the middle of the room, with various items scattered about on them: books, papers, miscellaneous devices. A smaller joined room could be seen to the west through a viewing glass. It looked like an interrogation room that police would use. It was white, just like the room and the rest of the building. In it was a white table with a matching chair. As fate would have it, Daggart would put her to sit in it, but not before running another scan. This one was a bit more invasive, and Berthe was likely to take issue with it because . . .

"Alright, Asura. Remove every article of clothing and step into this bio-pod." Daggart readied a clipboard and motioned towards a massive, cylindrical machine. Its door was opened. Nothing was inside, at all. On top of it all, Daggart seemed not even the least bit hesitant of asking -- more like ordering -- Berthe to remove her clothes. It was as if the concept of nakedness was lost to him, though everyone in Outrealm seemed to wear clothing. "Come on, dearest. Time is a gift, not a guarantee." He was getting a bit impatient, but his tone remained reassuring.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 10-20-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Snail
    It was clear to Berthe that this was an act she could not hold up, moreover it seemed detrimental to her overstanding on this potential of hers. She already had that small taste of it and the inclination to progress further was tempting. Incompetent or not, he sure seemed to know that she was what she'd been denying - so to Berthe, the point in keeping it up was moot. It was profoundly encouraging to entertain this notion ... of being much more important here than in the world which she came from would ever have let her. As comfortable as a mundane life was, she could not deny the thrill of excitement that surfaced in novels, movies, in her dreams, and here - where her just being herself was deemed threatening.

Nonetheless, becoming a lab experiment was not something she could force herself to be excited about. Looking about the room, her unease increased, piquing with the instruction to remove her clothes. What was she wearing, anyway? Her clothing always changed in dreams ... she certainly was not in her oversized t-shirt which comprised her pajamas. She looked down to find herself in a draping gown consisting of soft lavender fabric, much like silk. The moment she put her hand down to touch it, the area around the contact became translucent. She blinked at this, then looked to Daggart. "I don't have anything to remove, do I?" Clenching the gown tight, the translucence spread, her shapely figure exposed just like so many previous dreams. This time though, the setting had substance - but it was hard to say how substantial this world actually was, being so new to it. Maybe it was this place that was subject to her experiment. If she just let go of the urge to find all of this real, perhaps she could learn to enjoy it here.

Berthe approached the bio-pod. Her right hand slid down the gap, pausing in her entrance as she examined the interior. It didn't look like a prison, nor did it have any characteristics of a torture device. Granted, in this realm anything was possible - still, she took her chances. "Time." she echoed him, stepping in. Wondering, Time exists here? "Well," She couldn't help but snicker to herself, a feeling most freeing overcame her despite the capsule of containment she stood in - awaiting. "no time like the present."

Daggart blinked, eyes wide as he did so. "The Asura comes into her powers." There she was -- an Asura, shaping the very clothes she wore. "No, I suppose not, Asura." Daggart said, in response to Berthe's question. As she stepped into the bio-pod, Daggart tapped something on his high-tech clipboard and glided over to a large screen. In the bio-pod, a purple beam would scan Berthe's entire body, as her vitals appeared on the screen Daggart was staring at.

He muttered a series of agreements until he came to a section that read Prodigy: 90%. Soma: Critical. The clipboard he carried fell to the floor with a sharp clatter before Daggart slammed a series of buttons on a nearby console.

"Desk! DESK! Get Devgru to the science wing, NOW! Bring Soma capsules! Tell Veda to start up Project: Source!" The man began pacing back and forth, his purple irises wide and darting all around the room, looking at nothing. "Nothing, NOTHING can stop this revolution! I'm close! I-I'm so close!" The calm, cool, collected scientist Berthe met minutes ago was nowhere to be found. He was replaced by a hyper, over-active melodramatic. All he was missing was foam at the mouth.

The large white doors opened to reveal figures clad in white, military-looking armour with white and purple firearms. Their helmets were odd-looking, like something out of a Star Wars film. Their visors were dark and thin, with a round, purple circle acting as an eye. They didn't even look human. "Sir. Devgru reporting."

"I know that, you idiot! Get your men in position in case she relapses and hand me the Soma at once!"

The soldiers did as they were told and handed Daggart a small white box with purple gel capsules inside of it. Daggart threw open the bio-pod door and jerked Berthe out of it. One Devgru soldier had his eye on the screen. "You really weren't kidding, sir. She's about to wake up."

"Which is why we need to get a move on. Once my tests verify, we may begin Project: Source. We're one step closer to becoming gods!"

Opening the door to the smaller interrogation-style room seen earlier, Daggart sat Berthe in the chair, with two of his Devgru soldiers standing in half the room's corners. "Now, Asura", he began, calmer than before yet still excited, "I'm going to put this in front of you, and I want you to do something to it. Whatever you want. I don't care." He placed a small plastic cup on the table. Totally empty.

"Sir. We should get you behind the one-way mirror, in case-"

"NO!", he boomed at a random soldier. "I have two guards in here already and besides, she doesn't strike me as a violent relapser. It'll be fine."