Forum Moderator Application Thread

Welcome to the....

Moderator Application Thread!!

Make sure to read this post thoroughly before you reply!

So what is this, you may ask? This is crazy! Are we actually opening up mod applications? Well, sure, if you want to put it that way! Actually yeah, we are! The forum administration team has decided to open up staff application right to the public of PXR! Now, when considering applying for a position on the forum staff team, it's important to keep these things in mind (and this would be quite a read, trust me, but this is important:

Am I ready to handle the responsibility when it comes to being a moderator?

Gotta be honest with you here, guys. It's really not easy. I'm going to tell you that right now. As a mod, while you don't have to participate in all staff discussions, it's recommended that you do to at least speed up the pace. We're a developing forum and there's lots of things to talk about and lots of things to get done. With that being said, do keep in mind that this position might take up a bit of your free time, though I don't imagine it would become too stressful, if anything.

What would be my responsibilities as a moderator?

Are you telling me you've never been mod of a forum before??

...Well I suppose that's possible. You have to start somewhere, after all!

In any case....the duties of a moderator include closing/moving/and basically dealing with threads in the most appropriate manner possible. As a moderator, you're pretty much the head of that section. People are going to ask you questions, come to you with suggestions and possible events for your sections and whatnot, and be open-minded, really! You never know what kind of amazing ideas you'll get from your forum visitors. As far as things from a forum-standpoint is concerned, you're pretty much in charge of the decisions that you make in your forum.

Now, if you have a partner in your forum, that's something different. I highly doubt that at this moment there would be more than two moderators per section, but just as a general heads up, you kind of need to consult with your mod partner before going on any changes that might occur in your forums. The both of you share that forum after all, so the both of you have to work together in order to make that specific forum flourish!

Okay, I understand that...but who do I go to if I don't understand anything?

Us, of course! The administration team is here for a reason, and we're ready to help you out in any way we can! Sure, we might not know everything that's going on in your section (that would be your responsibility), but if there's anything that troubles you, you can, of course, come to us~! Or if the job seems to be a bit more demanding than usual, we can assure you that it's really not all that bad. Even the administration team has had stressful moments; everyone does, really. You really just have to be strong and move on and do the best that you can for the forum!

Gotcha! That's a relief...one last thing though...what exactly are the prerequisites for this position?

Honestly, as for this moment, we have no set prerequisites because we're so new. It'd be unfair to at least establish longevity rules, as PXR hasn't even up for that long yet. Mod positions are picked solely based on the application questions and experience that's provided once you fill out the specified form and post it in this thread.

Forums that Need filling

- Pokemon X and Y
    - General Pokemon Discussion
    - Battle Stadium
    - Trade Center
    - Other Chat
    - Media Hall
    - Fun and Games
    - Groups and Clubs

So, what are the questions?

The application is split up into two parts. The first part is for general information and also where you can specialize in which board you would like to moderate and some ideas. The second part is about how you would react to some certain situation if they were to arise. Please answer all questions to the best of your knowledge and when you have finished, please PM your application to either myself or any other forum Administrator staff.

Applications will be open for 2 weeks from this post and therefor close on 3rd of July. If you have any questions feel free to post in this thread or contact an administrator.

Part 1: General Information

Forum Name:
    Skype/AIM:

Which board are you applying for and why?
    What ideas do you have for the board you applied for, in order to maintain activity and discussion?
    Have you had any experience in the art of Moderating before?

Part 2: Situations

Spoiler:

1: You're modding a really active forum (if you're going to mod something like X and Y, this is most likely going to be the case)! Activity is booming everywhere, and you're the only one modding that specific section, handling the reports and everything! Would you say that you would be comfortable handling it by yourself or would you need a partner to divide the work with?

2: You have two members that are in a furious disagreement as to whether or not there will be a Fairy type. This situation has escalated a bit, and it's time for you to step in. How would you handle the situation (this goes for whether or not you're applying for X/Y section)?

3: You woke up one day to receive a PM. It's from a member who seems to have a problem with another staff member. How would you handle the situation?

4: You woke up to a report that you can't quite understand. It seems a member has reported a thread, but you can't quite fully understand the issue that they have with it. Do you just close the report, or PM them to find out what problems they may have with the thread?

5: Now, this is hypothetical situation assuming that you're already in a mod position. So far, think about the question I asked you of whether or not you needed a partner. Now, assuming you wanted one, what would be your ideal view of a mod candidate?

Credits to Meteors for design and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    [...]and when you have finished, please PM your application to either myself or any other Senior Administrator or Administrator.
    :L

|||||||||

Applications are now closed. Results of successful applicants will be posted soon. Thank you to everyone who applied.