Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2015

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Braixen View Post
    I am only watching Asterisk out of the two. BUT moving forward in order for you to enjoy it you have to be accepting of the fact that it won't break any records, it won't be ground breaking with new plot devices and character development, and it won't drop the anime tropes we know and love (do we love them?). The anime is fun to watch because it's colourful, the characters are cute (except Claudia), and it's a mix of silly and MC power! It also has harem aspects so if you hate the accidental pervert thing then brace yourself.

If you want a (possibly) ground breaking anime then you're best bet from this season is Beautiful Bones imo. It has a bit of our beloved anime tropes, but it's lining itself up for a ton of character development, it's got neat animation, and the characters are simple yet cute as well. It's a mystery though so you have to be interested in that genre to enjoy!

Hmmm, I do not mind the generic-ness. The plotlines of both intrigue me. But I hate all the perverted stuff they keep putting in there. It's so... unnecessary.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Iron. Blooded. Orphans.

That will be all.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Hmmm, I do not mind the generic-ness. The plotlines of both intrigue me. But I hate all the perverted stuff they keep putting in there. It's so... unnecessary.
    Doesn't bother me! I watch anything from Zankyou no Terror to Prisma Illya. I can understand some people find it uncomfortable. I guess I must just be used to it.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

Asterisk? Not worth it. You're better off watching Rakudai Kishi. It has better characters, and an overall better plot. It also has a transgender character, which is fun! So, I recommend it over Asterisk. Give it a go, but both kinda start out the same. =/ So, in my opinion, it's your pick whether you do one or the other.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Asterisk? Not worth it. You're better off watching Rakudai Kishi. It has better characters, and an overall better plot. It also has a transgender character, which is fun! So, I recommend it over Asterisk. Give it a go, but both kinda start out the same. =/ So, in my opinion, it's your pick whether you do one or the other.

Fair enough. I haven't decided if I want to keep going with Asterisk or not.

In other news, I'm still very much into Ace of Diamond. Baseball is so cool.

I wouldn't say Asterisk isn't worth it. For someone who thoroughly enjoys pretty animation, character design and a good ED it's a nice anime to watch. I doubt it's on top of anyone's list this season but it is entertaining! The female lead is extremely cute as well.

If people need a good anime I'd skip everything else and jump to Beautiful Bones, or Noragami S2 (obvi watch S2 first if need be). One Punch is popular as well but I am not watching it. If you like comedy/action then def give One Punch a go.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I haven't been watching anything new from this season yet, but I'm totally going to check out some of the anime that people have suggested here. So many to chose from though...

8. This post has been liked by:

My current favorite anime of the season is definitely K Return of Kings, though, and not without its reasons. I love the story so far, and how Anna is super important (because Anna is me, okay. I'm Anna Kushina). I won't spoil anything, but I really do enjoy this season for what its worth, more than season one AND the movie. I've only ever wanted to see Anna in action, and that's exactly what I got~.

No love for Noragami Aragoto here yet? let me change that because it is something that cannot be missed. it's already on Episode 7 and the awesomeness must be seen to be believed.

...also, be prepared for feels. it is all over the place with them this season. As with the first season, great Characters, great plot and development and a good story.

Also would recommend Owari no Seraph season 2, but it would seem I've been beaten to that one already. xD
    ""Man, kids these days. They think it's a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique."

I started watching Noragami Aragoto, but I stopped. Not because it's bad, but I have a tendency to not watch anime I've already read the manga of because I know what'll happen. Awesome as the series is, I just can't keep up with it :c

I've also contemplated trying One-Punch Man, though it might be quicker for me to read the manga.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white