Thread: Some Things.

Some Things.

Some things that can improve overall forum experience.

Turning on quote and like notifications.

Honestly, this would benefit for users who wanna keep a forum conversation going in threads! We have mentions turned on, and to my knowledge, our other community, PWN, has post quotes on. I noticed how post quotes aren't turned on and, going through a thread manually to check that is kind of annoying. Would it be possible to possibly have this here?

I'm not sure about likes, but it'd be nice if we could see on our profiles what posts we liked as well. You don't have to have notifications for it, but I'd like to see that, tbh.

I'd be willing to be more active for post quote notifications. I can't keep a conversation going if I don't know who quoted my posts. :(

Making user name activity visible to members.

You know, for example, viewing conversation Braixen and Palamon. I was talking to Braixen about this. I think it'd be nicer if things were like this.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to see who's viewing the threads and sections at the time. Unless that's impossible to be turned on. That would be known as Forum Information and Options, by the way. It's turned off.

Increasing avatar KB for members.

Honestly, I think I speak for everyone when I say 131.8 KB is a little too tiny for filesize. Maybe increase it to 650 KB? If it's bad on our servers, then I think I understand... I just want us to be able to have gif icons if we want to. I don't know about increasing size, I'm thinking that a donator perk, probably.

Anyway, those four things, I feel like can improve member experience ~. That's all.

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post

Honestly, this would benefit for users who wanna keep a forum conversation going in threads! We have mentions turned on, and to my knowledge, our other community, PWN, has post quotes on. I noticed how post quotes aren't turned on and, going through a thread manually to check that is kind of annoying. Would it be possible to possibly have this here?

I'm not sure about likes, but it'd be nice if we could see on our profiles what posts we liked as well. You don't have to have notifications for it, but I'd like to see that, tbh.

I'd be willing to be more active for post quote notifications. I can't keep a conversation going if I don't know who quoted my posts. :(

You know, for example, viewing conversation Braixen and Palamon. I was talking to Braixen about this. I think it'd be nicer if things were like this.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to see who's viewing the threads and sections at the time. Unless that's impossible to be turned on. That would be known as Forum Information and Options, by the way. It's turned off.

Honestly, I think I speak for everyone when I say 131.8 KB is a little too tiny for filesize. Maybe increase it to 650 KB? If it's bad on our servers, then I think I understand... I just want us to be able to have gif icons if we want to. I don't know about increasing size, I'm thinking that a donator perk, probably.

Anyway, those four things, I feel like can improve member experience ~. That's all.
    Turning on quote and like notifications
    I believe this is a setting you can turn on yourself (I know I get notifications from it for the quote part), but I can see if there is a way to make it default. To note, you can check your like count. Click on About, and scroll all the way to the bottom. It'll show total likes, which posts you had liked, and which posts you have liked.

Making username activity visible to users
    From what I recall, there was a discussion about this, but I believed it was in overall appeal to not do so as to not invade member's privacy. If you're checking to see a certain member looking at your thread by chance, there is the option on their profile.

Increasing KBs for avatars
    To be fair, I think we provide enough for everybody with that many KBs. Most forum sites I've been on only have a 50 KB limit, so I don't think we're being too unreasonable with it. From what I know, it does affect how the forum server works, but I can check this.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

For the last one, I think you can select a larger file if you upload it elsewhere and access it via url. I've had to do this for my avatar because apparently the file is too large, but it works to use a link of it uploaded on imgur.

I do agree at least quote notifications would be nice, I'll have to look for that setting to see if I can turn it on myself. Probably should have checked that a while ago.
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yay, suggestions!

I checked settings and quote seems to be disabled as part of the notification thing. I'm not opposed to turning it on though. We'll give it a shot and if no one has any complaints, it should be all good.

I think the activity is available if you click on x users online (http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/forum/online.php) at the bottom of the homepage. You can also see what an individual is doing by checking their profile. However we decided against displaying anything more than that as some people do like to have their privacy. :)

I think Ash might be onto something there. Give it a shot from a URL and let me know if you're having the same problem. Increasing it would have to be up to Ray since he is in charge of looking after the server and everything, and I'm not sure if it would be an issue. D:

Thanks for the suggestions and feel free to try the quote thing and make sure it's working. :)
    GCEA

6. This post has been liked by:

I would be all for quote notifications being turned out. I know the forum is small and it's easy to check places, but also it's easy to forget where you posted and such. So it would be cool if we could be alerted when people quote us!

paired with Palamon
    Jude Mathis @ PC
    was Sora @ SPC

8. This post has been liked by: