Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Digimon Adventures Tri

I watched a couple episodes of this the other night. For those who don't know, it's about the original Digimon Adventures cast about 6 years later, so they're all in high school. It's pretty cool seeing them all grown up. :) I wish they'd do that for a bunch of other shows!

The show itself... it's interesting but it does seem to move a bit slow so far.

I watched the original series in English and Tri subbed, so it was a bit confusing that the names are all different haha.

Anyone else watch it? What do you think?
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I will probably wait for a dub to come out (If it ever does), as I prefer them to subs. Hopefully it is soon.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    The show itself... it's interesting but it does seem to move a bit slow so far.
    Honestly, I really enjoyed its slowness. The pervasive melancholy of the first 30 minutes where Tai is coming to grips with a drifting group of friends and unwilling to accept a reality without his Digimon is so well done. Given that Digimon entices such a visceral nostalgic yearning for days long since gone, this beautiful sadness is the perfect emotional overture to begin the series with. Likewise, Tai's anxiety over collateral damage in the real world is a welcome additional layer of maturity that is trying and succeeding to age with its viewer. Like I said in the anime thread, this show is like seeing a very dear old childhood friend for the first time all grown up. It's still the same person, but so much more complex.

Oh and Omnimon vs Alphamon was dope as hell.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So this takes place three years after digimon adventures 2! AWESOME! I'll add this to my list of animes I need to pick up on. Personally Digimon Tamers is my favorite of the franchise but the Digimon Adventure crew holds a special place in my heart forever and ever. I'll give a proper review of it after I watch it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So this takes place three years after digimon adventures 2! AWESOME! I'll add this to my list of animes I need to pick up on. Personally Digimon Tamers is my favorite of the franchise but the Digimon Adventure crew holds a special place in my heart forever and ever. I'll give a proper review of it after I watch it.
    I love Tamers so much too! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
    Honestly, I really enjoyed its slowness. The pervasive melancholy of the first 30 minutes where Tai is coming to grips with a drifting group of friends and unwilling to accept a reality without his Digimon is so well done. Given that Digimon entices such a visceral nostalgic yearning for days long since gone, this beautiful sadness is the perfect emotional overture to begin the series with. Likewise, Tai's anxiety over collateral damage in the real world is a welcome additional layer of maturity that is trying and succeeding to age with its viewer. Like I said in the anime thread, this show is like seeing a very dear old childhood friend for the first time all grown up. It's still the same person, but so much more complex.

Oh and Omnimon vs Alphamon was dope as hell.
    Yeah that's a good point. I was much more into Tamers/Frontier than Adventures so I don't feel as emotionally attached, I guess. Things picked up after the first episode, but I get they had to reintroduce everyone and tell us what they'd been up to. I do appreciate the maturity of it and the fact that they're addressing issues like damage/injuries if fights happen in the real world. Stuff kids wouldn't even consider but that we can clearly see as issues now that we're grown up!
    GCEA

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Digimon is a really stupid anime. I've wasted a lot of time with the original Digimon Adventure and Adventure 02.

And I love it so much I need to watch the new one immediately.
    "You kids have a nice day."

7. This post has been liked by:

Sieses 

I love it so far. I had been waiting for Tri since the original announcement (when it was supposed to air in April) so I was very ready to watch the first movie/4 episodes when it came out. I like the pace. I'd be totally happy with a Digimon SOL (even though it's not) so I am totally happy with the pace. The art is perfect, I like the OST, I am just super happy.

So what's with the Adventures02 cast at the start of the first episode?

Not sure how I feel about new girl but we shall see! <3

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Ended up watching the first four. Subtitles didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. I kinda am finding the whole "I'm scared to break stuff, so i will do nothing.' angle on Taichi (I am gonna try and use japanese names) annoying though. Like, I figure it could have been done better. Like, he is fighting, but trying to not cause too much damage, but his holding back is hindering them? I dunno. Still, I like it and I am keen to see what happens next! Kinda wish they were longer, seeing as they aren't released very often at all. Like, 25 minutes a week is normal. Not 25 minutes once in a blue moon :/

I watched all the episodes in one sitting. I'm glad they were released that way, because I was expecting to have to go illegally find a torrent for the movie file or something. lol

I really liked it, though, it was actually better than I was expecting.

Now we just have to wait for the next one to release in March.

Overall, I loved seeing the characters again. Still love me some Taichi. Mimi missing nearly the entire thing was really in character, too. Same with Joe. I'm sure we'll see more of them later, since if memory serves, this is supposed be a few movies long. I'm excited. Also, I love the re-done version of the Butterfly opening.

I remember one of the characters looking at a comp screen, and the names of the 02 cast were on it, and I was like "OMG I SEE KEN'S NAME", but I'm not holding my breath that we'll actually get to see them. lol

paired with Palamon
    Jude Mathis @ PC
    was Sora @ SPC

11. This post has been liked by:

To quote Lord Celebi from a previous topic, watching this anime was like welcoming back old friends that haven't been seen on years. it was very nostalgic, and I love all the twists and turns that have been added with Taichi; specifically how as it has been mentioned, deals with a rifting group of friends as well as for the first time realizing just how destructive a Digimon, good or bad, can be, especially when said damage is either intentional or accidental in the first place. this basically adds a huge sense of maturity showing how far they had come since the days of Adventure back in 99.

in terms of the music it was awesome to see Brave Heart make a return, as well as Butter-Fly, and the animation is simply beautiful. and I do have to agree. best battle thus far has been Omnimon vs Alphamon. Looking forward to more of the story as it further develops!
    ""Man, kids these days. They think it's a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique."