Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    @Lunar Latias
    Webcomics take a crapton of dedication. It can be hard to keep up with making them since you really want to get to the really good/exciting parts of the story, but the process of making a single page takes several hours. The amount of story you can progress in a written fiction is so much greater than that made in the same time spent on a comic. Comics have their advantages- you don't have to describe anything. You let the images speak for themselves. It's easier to do a fight scene and let the reader see what's happening then saying "He punched. She punched back."

And good luck- I've been working on/off on Nightfall/Sunrise for over 6 years now, I think. Of course, I've rebooted each at least once and have scrapped tons of the original since- but still. Finding just the right way to tell a story will be worth it. Eventually.

Most characters are balanced- a few are markedly stronger than others, but I always find a way to balance it out. Spirit magic stands out as being the most powerful overall, but it's rare and a double-edged sword. The only characters meant to be OP are basically Gods... soooooo. xD

Speaking of Sunrise/Nightfall: Here's a commission done for my partner in crime (one of them- our team is now three people) of Rayne and Hail playing/training. Neither are Nightfall characters, but I used this as an opportunity to test out a style for Nightfall. The style still needs work, but it's a start.

Click the image to open a larger version than the forum allows.

Edit: Estimate time is about 5-6 hours. Still more than I'd like considering this is a lot smaller than the comic page files will be... but we'll see. xD

Here's some WIP screenshots I took for Robin/Lark as I worked. Cause why not

Spoiler:

Robin went offline half-way during work-session #2, so I stopped screencapping stuff. xD
    You and your lovely art work. Is this forum too small to hold your big drawings?! <3 6 years...good god. Now I can't wait for your pet project to come into fruition. That's a hell lot of dedication and hardwork you've put into sunrise and nightfall, Neko. Fantabulous artwork as well!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow those WIP photos are really interesting! It's amazing how much difference the light makes in the final image! :D
    GCEA

@Trainer17
    Well, Nightfall isn't coming anytime soon. Still far too much planning to get done- but I will be doing some concept art and such when I can. Right now art focus has shifted to TPK.
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Yeah, lighting can make all the difference in any art media.

---

Gonna post these here too cause why not. No new art things lately. Some of these are old, a few are more recent.

Spoiler:
    Tokens for PXR - should now be showing on site as of this morning.

4. This post has been liked by:

YOU'RE SO COOL AND SO GOOD AT ART AND I CAN'T EVEN AJFMOSLJEFJSGIO

Also in the thread title there's a typo. You spelled "Fantastic" wrong. o:

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    @Trainer17
    Well, Nightfall isn't coming anytime soon. Still far too much planning to get done- but I will be doing some concept art and such when I can. Right now art focus has shifted to TPK.
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Yeah, lighting can make all the difference in any art media.

---

Gonna post these here too cause why not. No new art things lately. Some of these are old, a few are more recent.

Spoiler:
    Tokens for PXR - should now be showing on site as of this morning.

HITOTSU! Not Failtastic, but Fantastic.
    FUTATSU! You has a gift of producing amazing fan arts and graphics arts.
    MITTSU! I can wait for Nightfall <3 You take your time you hear? the wait is well worth the work you put into it :)
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Administrator

And yet more of Neko's fantastical art shows! Yes it's fantastical. It is by no means failtastic. If anything maybe fantasmical. Either way it's really amazing Neko!

Also like Trainer17 was saying take your typing with Nightfall. It'll only make if that much better. It'll be worth the wait for sure. Great things come with time and patience.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 03-24-2016 at 12:40 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Those badges/tokens are AMAZING, Neko. How do you do them? O: And by that I mean do you have a staple background you use? The badges themselves are hand-drawn, yeah? They look so cool. *w*

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Those badges are the prettiest *stare*
    GCEA

Holy- what the hell. Is the apocalypse here already? There's people posting here. That can't be a good sign. WHATEVER YOU ALL THINK I DID, I SWEAR IT WASN'T ME!

@Suicune's Fire
    That's no typo. xD There's no 'fantastic' art- just failtastic. =D

@Trainer17 @Chakramaster
    Yeah, I've already learned (twice) not to rush on Nightfall stuff. xD The two previous failed attempts still exist somewhere. I'll hopefully get more concept stuff done in the near future.

@Lunar Latias
    I've got a token template that I'll be using for any tokens I make. It's a base to work with. The badges themselves are definitely hand drawn. I suppose if you all want, I can post those without the token template. xD

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    What pretty badges? I don't see any!

---

Anyway, here's some concept WIP stuff for my studio project this semester. It's going to be a motion-comic-ish animation-thing. Don't ask. xD I'm working on it with a friend. It's based on mythology (does it surprise anyone that I'd jump into a mythology based project?) and features a Psoglav and a Firebird chick... and a human- but my partner is in charge of that part.

Here's the concepts for the critters, a style test, and an asset test:

Spoiler:

11. This post has been liked by:

Holy moley! How long did it take you to do that bottom one? O: Looks so detailed. And fabulous. <3

huni if u think thats failtastic u need to get ur eyes checked

13. This post has been liked by: