Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

Pokemon: The Song of the Elements (Sign up and discussion here)

(This RP is rated E10+ for fantasy violence and frightening images)

The story:

In a fantastic Pokeworld, minstrel Brock of Argenta (the fantastic equivalent of Pewter City in this world) was summoned by the wizard Lysandre to retrieve the legendary Celestial Harp of Rainbows in return for some mystical items. But as Brock was on his way to the cave where the harp was hidden, Meloetta appeared to him to warn him that Lysandre wanted to use the harp to raise up an army of undead and ghost Pokemon, and destroy the world. Instead, she directed him to gather four other adventurers, assemble the eight jewel shards hidden in eight well guarded elemental labyrinths, and then use the powered up harp to defeat Lysandre before he can carry out his evil plot.

Brock was shaken by this news, and immediately returned to Argenta to ask any and all adventurers to help him on an adventure of a lifetime.

You play the role of one of the four adventurers that responded to Brock's plea for help--will you and Brock succeed in defeating Lysandre?

Your character's name
    Your character's age (anywhere from 13-17)
    Your character's basic appearance
    Your character's class (chosen from the list below)
    Your character's known abilities (pick anywhere from two to four abilities from the Level 1 ability list)
    Your character's basic personality and known history
    Your character's initial inventory (what is your character currently carrying?)

Remember:

--All PXR rules apply
    --No taking control of other people's characters without permission from the other person
    --No killing off other characters
    --No godmodding

--This will be a turn based adventure--I will set up an encounter, then the participants act accordingly. I will keep track of stats and inventory in OneNote

--Combat will be determined by a random number generator set from 1 to 100-- 50 is the minimum to score a hit or defend, anything below that will count as a miss, with anything below 25 a critical fail. Conversely, anything above 75 will count as a major success or critical hit.

List of Classes

Warrior (wields swords)
    Fighter (wields a glove-like weapon called a knuckle)
    Ranger (wields a bow)
    Cleric (wields a staff or a rod)
    Mage (wields a dagger or a rod)
    Rogue (wields a dagger or shortsword)
    Minstrel (wields any easily carried instrument, such as harps, lutes, flutes, and so on)

Signups are now closed
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 02-17-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

List of Level 1 abilities:

Warrior:

Double Slash--hit an enemy two times
    Guard--protect an enemy in danger (less than half HP) or peril (less than 25% HP)
    V slash--slash a foe in the shape of a V
    Armor Break--lower a foe's defense
    Weapon Break--lower a foe's attack power
    Taunt--provoke enemies into attacking you for a short time

Fighter:

Meditate--raise Attack
    Calm Mind--raise Defense
    Golem Fist--a punch that pins a foe with a massive fist
    Thunderous Roar--unleashes a loud war cry that frightens foes and inspires allies
    Dancing Leaves--uses ki to conjure a swirling tornado of leaves
    Crimson Fire Dance--creates a burst of fire with ki
    Stormy Wind Wheel--creates a whirling tornado that catches any foe in its path
    Azure Dragon's Fury--sends a huge wave of water at a foe
    Healing Sky Light--heals an ally for a little HP

Ranger:

Volley--fires multiple arrows
    Keen Eye--buffs the party's accuracy
    Healing Balm--uses earth magic to heal light wounds
    Call Pokemon--summon a friendly wild Pokemon to help
    Leaf Cloak--hides the party in a cloak of leaves
    Fletchling Wing--warps the party to a safe location

Cleric:

Cure--heals a little HP
    Heal--removes any unpleasant status conditions
    Shield--protects the party from physical attacks
    Aura--protects the party from magical attacks
    Scan--learn a little bit about a foe
    Raise--revives a fallen party member with half HP
    Light--does a little light damage to all foes

Mage:

Fire--does a little fire damage to all foes
    Ice--does a little ice damage to all foes
    Thunder--does a little lightning damage to all foes
    Water--does a little water damage to all foes
    Leaf--does a little earth damage to all foes
    Aero--does a little wind damage to all foes

Rogue:

Steal Coins--takes a few coins from the enemy. Any coins gathered this way are added to dropped gold
    Steal Item--takes an item from a foe. Stolen items are different from dropped items
    Heightened Senses--detect hidden items and secret passageways
    On Alert--lowers the chance of being ambushed
    Steal Heart--charm an enemy to fight for you

Minstrel

Song of Fire (Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul)--a spellsong that conjures firey powers, as well as boosting stats
    Song of Earth (Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo...)--a spellsong that conjures aid from both rocks and plants, as well as some basic healing magic)
    Song of Water (Rou iitsa ron selga vichii...)--a spellsong that conjures water powers, as well as basic defensive abilities
    Song of Wind (Karuto, iichiida shou...)--a spellsong that conjures wind powers, as well as speeding allies up and teleportation
    Fight Song--sings a rousing melody that boosts allies' attack and defense
    Mystic Melody--sings a song that boosts magical attack and magical defense
    Swanna Song--a very powerful song that will unleash a powerful effect unique to every minstrel at the cost of lowering your HP to 1--use this only in an emergency!
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 02-10-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

4. This post has been liked by:

Your character's name: Shawn Michiles
    Your character's age: 16
    Your character's basic appearance: average size guy at 5'6'. Pale with nice looking brown hair and soft green eyes. He wears a green robe with leather shoes. Around his neck is a silver flame pendant that has the words "Inherited will" inscribed upon it. He always has his harp strung across his back along with his travelers bag.
    Your character's class: Minstrel
    Your character's known abilities: Song of fire, earth, wind and water
    Your character's basic personality and known history: Shawn has lived in Argenta his entire life, and is finally ready to go out and see the world. He saw Brock's quest as a chance to experience more than his home life. Shawn a friendly guy who's overall pretty nice, but can be a little short sighted sometimes. He inherently believes things are meant to be good, and often has gotten into some tight situations because of it. His one true passion is music, and is always practicing it.
    Your character's initial inventory: Harp, travelers bag which contains: 3 days of food and water for 1 person, some paper and pens, and a coil of rope.

XD when I first read the plot, I thought it said Argentina instead of Argenta.
    Last edited by Morzone; 02-16-2016 at 03:22 PM.

VPP

Your character's name: Endentho Garret
    Your character's age (anywhere from 13-17): 17
    Your character's basic appearance: Long brown hair, thin frame, pale skin. He wears decent clothes and stands at 5"7'.
    Your character's class (chosen from the list below): Rogue
    Your character's known abilities (pick anywhere from two to four abilities from the Level 1 ability list): Steal Coins, Steal Item, On Alert, Heightened Senses.
    Your character's basic personality and known history: He's a nice guy, but he's also an expert theif, so be wary if you befriend him. He also, unfortunately, is oblivious to when he's being used or hit on or anything, but he doesn't care, even when he finally figures it out, he won't do anything. Afterall, he probably already stole quite a bit from you. He doesn't share his past as he views information as power and doesn't wish to give anyone too much power.
    Your character's initial inventory (what is your character currently carrying?): Excess amounts of money in a few coin pouches and a dagger in his shoe.

Senior Moderator

@Morzone: Your signup is Pending-this is supposed to be set in a fantastic version of the Pokemon world, so T shirts and tennis shoes would look a tad out of place--fix this with a more fantasy-esque outfit and you're good to go.
    @AWA1997: You are Accepted!

@EmeraldSky

Alright, I edited my form to make my character a little more Fantasy like.
    Which depends on your definition of fantasy...

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Morzone: By fantasy, I mean magic and dragons and knights--things of that nature (as this RP is supposed to honor both the 20th anniversary of Pokemon and the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda)

So after reviewing your form, you are now Accepted!

Two more slots are left!

I simply adore fantasy RPs, and now that this is mixed with Pokemon, why the hell wouldn't I sign up?! x) Oh, and Em, if I can call you that x3 can I suggest a couple more skills for Rogue?

Lightfoot - enables escaping from wild battles more easily (not 100%, but better chances of escaping)
    Throw - increased damage from throwing coins, or any items (once used, not returnable; with the exception of certain items; shuriken/boomerang/etc)

Well, just some idea xD Anyways, I shall take the role of a FIGHTER!

Your character's name: Vaugnn D. Saul (Vahn D. Sah-ul)

Your character's age: 17 years old

Your character's basic appearance: Vaugn is a slim, yet muscular, slightly toned young man of average height with spiky blond hair, which is kept in strands jutting outwards in every direction, and a smaller, frontal cowlick (or tuft) of hair partially hanging over his forehead. He has slanted, slit pupiled, dark blue eyes; above the right one is a thin, diagonal scar. Sting's left ear is adorned with an earring which, in itself, is attached to by a prominent metal pendant that is crystalline in shape. A sabertooth(?) tattoo (white) is embossed on his left shoulder.

Your character's class: Fighter

Your character's known abilities:
    Spoiler:
    - Meditate
    - Calm Mind
    - Golem Fist
    - Crimson Fire Dance

Your character's basic personality and known history: Vaugn is usually calm and composed in most matters, and tries not to pick a fight over a trivial matter. But he takes friendship very seriously and believes whoever abandons their comrades are scum and will not hesitate to punish them. Vaugn can appear very arrogant at times, believing true power lies in strength alone, but he does believe sheer strength isn't enough to pull him through tough times. He knows nothing about his past, only the white colored sabertooth like tattoo embossed in his left shoulder. To find out about his past, he left his "hometown" and has traveled all around Argenta seeking some answers. When he returned from his journey, he received a note from Brock to join him on an epic quest to save Argenta. Will he find the true mystery revolving around his past by saving Argenta? Are there places he truly hasn't visited yet? Only time could tell...Only the quest itself could shed some light...This time round, he isn't alone to travel, he has...Friends!

Your character's initial inventory:
    - A broken sword with a dragon-like hilt (which is merely a decorative item as he rarely uses it).

- Some Coins

- Some Wine; He's not a drinker, but when he does, he does "drunken martial arts" which gives him good evasion and speed, but lowers his defenses; lasts only a couple of posts. (I hope this is okay, Em, I mean you're the game mod, so you can decide how well or how crappy he does when we have fights xD) I may be going overboard with this, but here is the theme which plays once Vaugn takes in wine and goes to "drunken mode"...

Well, its been a while since I RP'd, so if any changes are to be made for my SU, let me know!

This rp has a very huge potential, I just can't wait to get started!! You have put in quite the work Em! Well done! =)

ALSO! If you'd like, I can do some banner for you to put @ first post. I can get some samples up for you in a day or two :3
    Last edited by Trainer17; 02-16-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17--Thank you--the abilities you suggested are upcoming Rogue abilities, actually.

The pictures and the video weren't needed (They would take up a lot of extra room in my notes), and Drunken Mankey style will be interesting to see when it is put in the random generator.

You won't just be seeing Argenta, but you will be seeing all the counterpart of Kanto

So for now, your signup is Pending--I only need the text of your signup for my notes, and so the pictures and videos will have to be removed so it fits in my notes.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Trainer17--Thank you--the abilities you suggested are upcoming Rogue abilities, actually.

The pictures and the video weren't needed (They would take up a lot of extra room in my notes), and Drunken Mankey style will be interesting to see when it is put in the random generator.

You won't just be seeing Argenta, but you will be seeing all the counterpart of Kanto

So for now, your signup is Pending--I only need the text of your signup for my notes, and so the pictures and videos will have to be removed so it fits in my notes.
    W00t! Anyways I've removed the images and videos. Let me know if it's okay now :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -