Vote #Pokemon20 in YouTube Ad Blitz

Many Pokemon fans around the United States tuned into the Super Bowl to watch Pokemon’s Super Bowl commercial. Many of us have already seen the commercial but it was amazing to watch the commercial with everybody around the country. People who use to play Pokemon back when they were kids to people who never even heard of Pokemon all saw the commercial and were amazed that the franchise has enter it’s 20th year.
    Now it is time to rally around Pokemon and vote for the Train On Super Bowl commercial in this year’s YouTube Ad Blitz. Simply click here and you should be able to vote for Pokemon’s Super Bowl commercial.
    We can do it.
    The post Vote #Pokemon20 in YouTube Ad Blitz appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

Voted. c: It was pretty good the very best.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Voted! It was really cool to see it in action and was a fantastic homage to twenty years of Pokemon! Even though it was a shorter version of the original one I saw, it was still well done and was honestly the most meaningful and profound commercial out of all of them. It had an awesome message of how one person's success inspires another, which inspires another person and it keeps going on, which is very true and is a great moral to keep in mind as everyone works and trains hard in their own special way and skill to be the best they can be. Because you never know who's watching and what great things you might inspire them to do.

So yeah, even with Pokemon fan bias aside, I still think this deserves the best vote out of all of them. It was brilliantly filmed and I like the way they incorporated Pokemon to look and feel like they really do live with us.

...On another note...

...that Mountain Dew one with the pug/monkey/baby thing was just horrific on so many levels and it only kept getting worse when I just wanted it to end (besides not being very healthy in the first place, it even discouraged me from drinking Mountain Dew again). A lot of the other ads were just... mediocre at best and there were many that had me asking "who would spend millions on this!?"

Administrator

Yup, voted for it no doubt. It was the most meaningful/symbolic commercial as well as inspiring. Not only does it celebrate a big milestone for Pokemon, but helps push it further by showing us how far WE as a community have come and still CAN make it, because "we can do it" if we set our minds on a goal and strive hard enough. Nothing is far beyond impossible.

Also I LOVE how the Pokemon are starting to look more realistic (in a way). Just like in Pokken you can literally see Pikachu's fur, but even the Charizard, Lucario, etc. All of it gives hope for the future of Pokemon. Maybe a "slight" hint as to what's to come with the Nintendo NX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Voted! It was really cool to see it in action and was a fantastic homage to twenty years of Pokemon! Even though it was a shorter version of the original one I saw, it was still well done and was honestly the most meaningful and profound commercial out of all of them. It had an awesome message of how one person's success inspires another, which inspires another person and it keeps going on, which is very true and is a great moral to keep in mind as everyone works and trains hard in their own special way and skill to be the best they can be. Because you never know who's watching and what great things you might inspire them to do.

So yeah, even with Pokemon fan bias aside, I still think this deserves the best vote out of all of them. It was brilliantly filmed and I like the way they incorporated Pokemon to look and feel like they really do live with us.

...On another note...

...that Mountain Dew one with the pug/monkey/baby thing was just horrific on so many levels and it only kept getting worse when I just wanted it to end (besides not being very healthy in the first place, it even discouraged me from drinking Mountain Dew again). A lot of the other ads were just... mediocre at best and there were many that had me asking "who would spend millions on this!?"
    Monkeypuppybaby....lol that one line just keeps repeating in my head. As bad as it is....I can't stop drinking the Dew. I really do need to stop, but I keep getting pulled back. Seriously not good on my already bad teeth though....ugh I need better alternates. The commercial wasn't as good as last year's that's for sure.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

My parents made fun of me when I started screaming with joy when the commercial started playing. I had already seen it like two weeks ago and so I was just hype as all get out and I was quoting the commercial the entire time. And my parents were like "you're such a nerd child," and continued to make fun of me. T.T

In other news, Mountain Dew continues to show itself to be the producer of the weirdest commercials. This one was worse than last year's too but last year's was at least somewhat funny. VERY disappointed with Budweiser. While they did great in producing a commercial against drunk driving (kudos to them for doing something like that), they only had one commercial that featured their signature clydsdales and it was only for a few seconds that the clydsdales were seen. Budweiser is infamous for having commercials featuring those horses alongside a dog companion (at least while I've been watching the super bowl) and to have them stop doing that is infuriating. I'll admit, Doritos took the cake this year though. That ultrasound commercial was hilarious and if you haven't seen it you need to go watch it now. It's really one of the only good commercials this year. I hated that they kept repeating political ads and certain commercials though, at least with Doritos they came up with two separate commercials.

Loved the halftime show. It was a great combination and if there's one thing I took from it, it's that if Beyoncé can catch herself from falling in heels at the halftime show, we can do anything. But I was also really happy that they featured Michael Jackson as part of some of the halftime shows they paid tribute to. I thought they wouldn't because of all the scandal around him, but no, he actually got the most screen time of all the people paid tribute to, and as a huge Michael Jackson fan, that meant a lot to me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yup, voted for it no doubt. It was the most meaningful/symbolic commercial as well as inspiring. Not only does it celebrate a big milestone for Pokemon, but helps push it further by showing us how far WE as a community have come and still CAN make it, because "we can do it" if we set our minds on a goal and strive hard enough. Nothing is far beyond impossible.

Also I LOVE how the Pokemon are starting to look more realistic (in a way). Just like in Pokken you can literally see Pikachu's fur, but even the Charizard, Lucario, etc. All of it gives hope for the future of Pokemon. Maybe a "slight" hint as to what's to come with the Nintendo NX?
    Yeah, I like how they're looking realistic, but not in a weird way to the point where they don't even look like Pokemon anymore (and I've seen stuff on DeviantArt that does this).

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Monkeypuppybaby....lol that one line just keeps repeating in my head. As bad as it is....I can't stop drinking the Dew. I really do need to stop, but I keep getting pulled back. Seriously not good on my already bad teeth though....ugh I need better alternates. The commercial wasn't as good as last year's that's for sure.
    As someone who doesn't like pugs and monkeys (babies are babies, they can be either cute or ugly), seeing that twisted... "chimera" of all three was just... *winces.* I don't blame you for drinking Mountain Dew, though. I used to practically live off of Mountain Dew Code Red, but knowing how much they spent for that ad and what I could have done with that money instead... yeah, you know where I'm going with this one.

Halftime show was alright. I liked the beginning segment with Coldplay and the nice, mellow feel it had with rainbows, butterflies, and flowers, but I don't really care too much for Beyoncé and Bruno. That's just not my type of music.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, I like how they're looking realistic, but not in a weird way to the point where they don't even look like Pokemon anymore (and I've seen stuff on DeviantArt that does this).

As someone who doesn't like pugs and monkeys (babies are babies, they can be either cute or ugly), seeing that twisted... "chimera" of all three was just... *winces.* I don't blame you for drinking Mountain Dew, though. I used to practically live off of Mountain Dew Code Red, but knowing how much they spent for that ad and what I could have done with that money instead... yeah, you know where I'm going with this one.

Halftime show was alright. I liked the beginning segment with Coldplay and the nice, mellow feel it had with rainbows, butterflies, and flowers, but I don't really care too much for Beyoncé and Bruno. That's just not my type of music.
    That's for sure. Some DevianArt does stretch it a little too far, but so does fanfiction in some ways. I guess you can't really blame creativity at least or Pokemon wouldn't be where it is today as well as many other creations today.

I couldn't agree more. Some reason just the idea of something random like that made me laugh. It wasn't a "good" commerical, it just made me laugh. I guess that's just some form of humor today I like, stupidity. I'm stuck on Mountain Dew Voltage (no irony/pun to it, literally). I really need to back off from it as bad as it is, but yeah it's a hard habit to break from any soda. It could've been much better for a superbowl commercial for sure.

Halftime I really enjoyed. Pretty good ode to previous superbowl shows. Most people expected something "BIG." I saw it as less of a big performance and more as a good look back on the performers of superbowls years ago (Michael Jackson, James Brown, etc). It was a great show Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Bruno put on themselves, but it was more set to look one way than a BIG show like everyone expected. So I don't really feel letdown like most people say. Though Bruno DID already do the same performance at a previous superbowl....so there's that disappointment.

EDIT: ok after rewatching the Mtn Dew commercial thing it wasn't as funny. I guess first time was because it was so stupid and random change of pace from the commercials already seen that it was a good laugh. Now it's not so funny anymore. it's more.......eh.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-08-2016 at 07:51 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

I sure did enjoy the commercial in it's shorten form. It was beautiful that I could share my love for Pokemon with the US. If we can get maybe one new fan or bring back an old one with that commercial then it was all worth it.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga