Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[SU/DS] Hoenn Enigma - Seeds of Secrets

Hoenn Enigma - Seeds of Secrets

THE WRONG TURN

Hoenn, Route 110.

For the longest time, the Trick House, owned by the seemingly anonymous and enigmatic "Trick Master," has been a local attraction that tests the wit and ingenuity of passing trainers and rewards them for successfully solving the puzzles within. Often described as a perplexing fun house, most trainers came and went never suspecting a thing and found it makes for a simple conversational piece among those that come upon it.

You were one of many trainers that were curious enough to see what the Trick House was about, and decided to test your wit against it...

...but while navigating the perplexing mazes and obstacles, you took a wrong turn, found a hidden staircase that descended further downward, and ended up discovering the Trick House was home to a stranger perplexing fun house the further underground someone went. As you tried to discover more about it, it became almost like an illogical dream wonderland labyrinth, where one door seemingly opened up into a whole new hidden world outside with meadows and plains, but then became something entirely different when a person tried to turn back the way they came from. Suddenly, the way you came in was no longer the exit...

You suddenly became very lost, and your conception of reality and logic has been rendered useless. Simply trying to head upstairs or dig your way out hasn't been working at all and instead leads into strange and bewildering rooms and areas that defy reality. Every turn you make leaves you wondering if you're making progress escaping, or simply descending hopelessly deeper and deeper into an enigmatic Buneary hole.

But you've discovered you haven't been the only one to discover the darker passage and descend into the darker, stranger, and deeper secrets of the Trick House. The discovery of Pokémon in these strange, impossible "rooms" was a welcome sight at first, until you discovered they were once humans. Other rooms contained fantastical creatures seemingly out of a fairytale, but they too were trainers just like you, and some of them are still searching for a way out while others have completely given up. But they all gave you the same warning:

"Don't eat or drink anything!"

However, the clock is ticking. The many hours you've spent lost in the Trick House Underground can easily become days, which will lead to starvation if you refuse to eat and drink the seemingly tempting but unsettlingly strange fruits, foods, and beverages found in many of the fantastical but strange areas of the Trick House Underground... if that's even where you still are...

All the while, questions keep coming to mind. Who really is the Trick Master? Is he even human, or is he hiding an even darker secret about himself and what he has created here? And what is the purpose and meaning behind the Trick House Underground? Or maybe those questions were never meant to be solved...

It's up to you... to still find a way to escape with or without your humanity... or brave it out and try and discover the hidden secrets and real meaning of the whole Trick House to save everyone still trapped inside it...

KNOWN DISCOVERIES

Even though you don't know very much about the Trick House underground, you know at least these things:

• Getting transformed seems to be a common occurrence in the Trick Room Underground. Eating or drinking anything will transform you, and the same goes for your Pokémon too! However, it's been a while since you all last ate, and obviously you don't want yourself and your Pokémon to starve. Meanwhile, that's not the only way you might find yourself as no longer human. Maybe there's a way to reverse the inevitable transformations... maybe not... but who knows for sure?
    • The Trick House Underground is essentially a nonsensical wonderland that defies reality and instead feels more like the craziest dream you've ever endured... only now it's real. Doors will open up to outside worlds where you can breathe underwater, potentially sprout wings and fly, walk on walls, and other similar wonders. However, bear in mind that there are both captivating rooms and horrifying ones. But you never know what vital nooks and crannies of the Trick House Underground may contain clues...
    • Mirrors, doors, and elevators have especially weird effects that contain interchangeably different passageways or exits to "outside" areas. Books, papers, and anything with text will often have cryptic, strange, and bewildering messages.
    • As grim as it might sound, dying doesn't really seem to be an escape from the Trick House Underground as some of the new "residents" have told you. You'll simply wake up somewhere else inside it... possibly as something or someone else!

Of course, you're bound to discover more strange rules that the Trick House Underground follows. But by piecing together the puzzle, maybe you'll find the solution that finally sets everyone free...

RULES

• Follow the basic Pokémon Crossroads rules and the RP rules.
    • God-modding is very loose on this one. As long as it doesn't get too ridiculous, the more you let your imagination run wild, the better, and it's allowed to go pretty far on this one, just so as long as it's not detrimental to other RPers.
    • No direct bunnying, although you can slightly influence what happens to other people.
    • Keep it PG-13 and under. Some areas of the Trick House Underground can be dark and scary, but they're not excessively gory, vulgar, or perverted.

Also, include your character's name in the header, as well as their... "location." This also helps other RPers (however that happens) to find you and interact with your character.

FORM

Name: <Character's Name, first and last>
    Appearance: <How they look (or looked!) as a human>
    Current State: <What your character currently is at the beginning of the RP. Obviously subject to change... many times!>
    Personality: <What your character's attitude and emotional intelligence is like>
    History: <Your character's background and what their Pokemon Trainer career was like before they stumbled into this mess!>
    Pokémon (up to six):
    Entrapment Length: <How long they've been stuck in the Trick House Underground.>
    Other: <Anything else you'd like to include that wasn't covered in the other areas.>

THE CAST

Jonathan Bradshaw - Played by Neo Emolga
    Xavier Hundres - Played by Morzone
    Joshua Kanz - Played by Morzone
    Sloane Jackson - Played by Noblejanobii
    Dylan Thomas - Played by Noblejanobii
    Brian Evans - Played by Chakramaster
    Belladonna "Fox" Digitalis Oleander - Played by Noblejanobii
    Joarro Louis Jozander - Played by Eri
    Sapphir Urameshi - Played by SSGodRage
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 03-18-2016 at 04:15 PM.

2. This post has been liked by:

As a very imaginitive RP'er, this is a dream come true kind of RP. If I was actually in that place though... Sounds more like a very real nightmare.

Are we allowed to make a character that has already "Transformed" into a pokemon from eating the food/water/dying?

VPP

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*bounces up and down in anticipation* Bruh please yes I neeeeeds this. Though we may not want to let my imagination run wild. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I'm so glad this is getting the attention it deserves...so far, anyway! This is a wonderful and original concept, but simulataneously simple to the point where it can develop into something much deeper. I can't wait to see when it starts!!

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    As a very imaginitive RP'er, this is a dream come true kind of RP. If I was actually in that place though... Sounds more like a very real nightmare.

Are we allowed to make a character that has already "Transformed" into a pokemon from eating the food/water/dying?
    Actually, this is a REALLY, REALLY good question. I'm going to say yes (in fact I might make a character that's already been altered), and because of that, I'm also going to add two more things to the character sign up:

Current State: <If they're still human or if they've been transformed and/or altered into something else>
    Entrapment Length: <How long they've been stuck in the Trick House Underground>

And it's not just Pokémon, they could have been transformed into just about any sentient creature. Alterations are also possible, such as some food or drink causing your character to shrink, grow giant-sized, change color, or other weirdness. Plus, once you've been transformed, eating or drinking something else could change you into something else again. Sometimes that might be helpful in bypassing some of the room's obstacles, and sometimes it might make the situation worse.

And yeah, I agree with you if this were really a thing. I think it would only be fun if you could leave whenever you wanted and be returned to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    *bounces up and down in anticipation* Bruh please yes I neeeeeds this. Though we may not want to let my imagination run wild. XD
    DO IT! I want to see how crazy your imagination can make this when it can go as far out as it wants. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I'm so glad this is getting the attention it deserves...so far, anyway! This is a wonderful and original concept, but simulataneously simple to the point where it can develop into something much deeper. I can't wait to see when it starts!!
    I know you're not too into RPing, but hey, we'd love to have you and I'll try to keep things easy-going if this happens to be your first or at least the first one you've done for a while. Your character can't really permanently die anyway (it's like an even more twisted version of the movie Groundhog Day!), so there's nothing to lose.

But if you'd rather just watch the craziness, that's fine. And hey, joining in later works just fine also once you've seen how it rolls along.

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    ADO IT! I want to see how crazy your imagination can make this when it can go as far out as it wants. XD
    Oh no you don't. The insane, twisted side of my mind is… well… I don't know. @AWA1997 how would you describe my imagination when we let it run wild?
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Oh no you don't. The insane, twisted side of my mind is… well… I don't know. @AWA1997 how would you describe my imagination when we let it run wild?
    LET IT GO WILD! I'll sign a waiver if it's necessary! Now you've really got me curious. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

LET IT GO WILD! I'll sign a waiver if it's necessary! Now you've really got me curious. XD
    Well, the good half of my imagination can be very creative and come up with very wild but fun adventures. However, I do have an insane side to my imagination that usually plays heavily into the more villainous characters. Since this is PG-13, I'll tone it down a bit, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    / / / / / / / /

I know you're not too into RPing, but hey, we'd love to have you and I'll try to keep things easy-going if this happens to be your first or at least the first one you've done for a while. Your character can't really permanently die anyway (it's like an even more twisted version of the movie Groundhog Day!), so there's nothing to lose.

But if you'd rather just watch the craziness, that's fine. And hey, joining in later works just fine also once you've seen how it rolls along.
    Hahah, I understand what you mean! I guess it's not that I'm unsure, it's just that I have to have a certain feeling to roleplay otherwise I just can't do it. I just have to crave RP'ing somehow. It happens sometimes but it's pretty rare. xD

But thank you for the invite! And who knows? Maybe time will tell differently! I guess we'll just have to see.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Actually, this is a REALLY, REALLY good question. I'm going to say yes (in fact I might make a character that's already been altered), and because of that, I'm also going to add two more things to the character sign up:

Current State: <If they're still human or if they've been transformed and/or altered into something else>
    Entrapment Length: <How long they've been stuck in the Trick House Underground>

And it's not just Pokémon, they could have been transformed into just about any sentient creature. Alterations are also possible, such as some food or drink causing your character to shrink, grow giant-sized, change color, or other weirdness. Plus, once you've been transformed, eating or drinking something else could change you into something else again. Sometimes that might be helpful in bypassing some of the room's obstacles, and sometimes it might make the situation worse.

And yeah, I agree with you if this were really a thing. I think it would only be fun if you could leave whenever you wanted and be returned to normal.
    Awesome! I'll probably make one of each (One that's been in for a while and one that's new to the place) better start planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I'm so glad this is getting the attention it deserves...so far, anyway! This is a wonderful and original concept, but simultaneously simple to the point where it can develop into something much deeper. I can't wait to see when it starts!!
    That's because Neo is pretty much the best RP maker ever. He clearly puts a lot of thought and effort into making these, and it really shows. Even if the RP community on PXR is small, we're all really lucky to have tried his Roleplays.

VPP

14. This post has been liked by: