Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Question, what Pokemon are allowed to be carried or transformed into?
    Any. Yes, that includes Shaymin! And you're welcome. :)

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Any. Yes, that includes Shaymin! And you're welcome. :)
    XD YES!! I love how you just knew I was requesting Shaymin.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

3. This post has been liked by:

I'll just sit back and watch this RP unfold for a bit before I decide whether to join or not.

And I'm actually doing better in ASE here than in most RPs on the other site. To give you an idea, two people (including Jan) were RPing with long posts, and I came in randomly with one sentence just to show I was still there XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    I'll just sit back and watch this RP unfold for a bit before I decide whether to join or not.

And I'm actually doing better in ASE here than in most RPs on the other site. To give you an idea, two people (including Jan) were RPing with long posts, and I came in randomly with one sentence just to show I was still there XD
    It was such a moving post though. "Blake launched a dark pulse at Leo." Truly a work of art.
    / / / / / / / /

XD How did I know you'd say something like that?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    XD How did I know you'd say something like that?
    Because I actually almost mentioned it in a previous post.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    No prob, dude, ask away. It's great to have you with us and yeah, I imagine this will be one heck of a ride. This is the kind of RP that could be run a thousand times and it'll be different each and every time.
    I know I'll probably have more questions as it progresses (one it starts), but for now just a few basic questions to help start out I guess lol. yeah it being my first (technically first real) RP here on PXR I just wanna make sure I don't start it out wrong or....in a bad way xD.

-So I've got you can decide on how long they've been there, but do you "have" to be a trainer (carrying Pokemon even though you can just say they "disappeared?"

-The transformations last until they eat/drink something else?

-No godmodding, but that doesn't rule out our characters being used in each others posts? (yeah, lol shows how much I've seen the RP posts around here =3)

-Are there limitations to these transformations in any way or is it an all-out anything goes?

may have more after it starts (or after I come up with a sign-up post. Just had a few thoughts on my mind is all.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I know I'll probably have more questions as it progresses (one it starts), but for now just a few basic questions to help start out I guess lol. yeah it being my first (technically first real) RP here on PXR I just wanna make sure I don't start it out wrong or....in a bad way xD.
    Not a problem. ;)

-So I've got you can decide on how long they've been there, but do you "have" to be a trainer (carrying Pokemon even though you can just say they "disappeared?"
    Nah, you don't have to be a trainer. If you want to have a character in some other role, such as a breeder, professor, or whatever, I'm perfectly fine with that also. As far as the Pokémon themselves go, there's quite a lot of situations that might cause you to lose them (in Jonathan's case, transformations caused him to lose his belt of Pokéballs along with the rest of his clothes, but I'll go more into that once the RP actually starts). You could be a trainer that still has them. I'm just personally having one of Jonathan's personal side-quests be the retrieval of his Pokemon belt.

-The transformations last until they eat/drink something else?
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. That's really up to you to decide. For example, you could have it where the first food or drink your character consumes turns them into a Pikachu (using this as an example because he's your favorite) permanently. The next food or drink then makes them shrink to become a Pikachu that's only a few inches tall, but that one is temporary and after a short while, you're back to normal Pikachu size (but still a Pikachu). And there's a few things that might not even fully transform your character and only make certain alterations, such as if your Pikachu character ate something weird and made a mushroom grow out of their head, but everything else remained the same.

Again, it's really quite open, but yeah, the general theme of having weird stuff happen when your character eats or drinks is pretty much a given, but the exact nature of the effect is up to you. Sure, sometimes it could be helpful in its own weird way, but other times, it should be a pain in the neck to deal with. In pretty much all cases, it would leave your character feeling weird and funky. It helps the rest of us laugh. XD

-No godmodding, but that doesn't rule out our characters being used in each others posts? (yeah, lol shows how much I've seen the RP posts around here =3)
    God-modding is just when people cheat the role play and it causes detrimental effects to the other RPers. One good example of god-modding would be a character that never suffers even one inconvenience from the stuff they eat or drink (in fact it seems to help them overcome everything all the time), their character seems to know exactly what needs to be done to escape and/or find and defeat the Trick Master, and manages to do that instantly and effortlessly. Stuff like that is a killjoy to the whole thing, and obviously we don't want that. Sure, a "victory" condition could be reached eventually, but it should take time, effort, investigation, and some ingenuity. Plus teamwork between characters would be nice to see also.

Bunnying (having direct influence over what happens or what another character does) is a little looser here give the unusual nature of the RP. Say Jeff and Natalie are two human characters (both are controlled by their own RPer) trying to work together to escape the Trick House Underground. They come across a weird room that looks like a bakery. During one of Jeff's posts, one of the cakes suddenly has a giant, pink Weezing pop out of it that sprays the room full of pink gas and that very gas ends up transforming Jeff into a pink Piplup when he inhales it. Now, Natalie is in the same room when that happens, so the RPer controlling her is going to have to address that in one way or another (most likely it's going to involve having her get transformed into a pink Pokémon also just because of where she's standing). This is just one example of where one RPer's posts will affect another's (which makes it fun and crazy in a way, that's the whole purpose of the RP after all). I just don't want people to go too far and force stuff on each other, where the guy controlling Jeff states Natalie gets hit by it also. Let the other RPer decide how that happens, if that happens (but be reasonable, they shouldn't be escaping absolutely every bad thing that comes their way). Sure, Natalie might escape, but it's unlikely because realistically, she wasn't expecting that at all. By a slim chance, she could turn around and sprint away, but as a result, she becomes separated from Jeff ("you ditched me!"). That kind of thing. Around here, we throw curveballs at each other.

-Are there limitations to these transformations in any way or is it an all-out anything goes?
    You can become anything (as long as it follows the rules and isn't something suggestive or perverted, but I know you guys wouldn't do stuff like that). Again, I mention the god-modding rule where sometimes the transformation might be good and helpful at the time, other times it may not help or hurt and may just be a weird effect (hair and skin changing a different color), or it could be really inconvenient (such as becoming an ice type in a furnace room or a mobile stone statue in a place where being able to swim would really help). Also, the transformations might help in one room or area (being a Pikachu that can navigate through tiny passageways a human can't) but could be a pain in the neck in another (now he has to climb many glass staircases and ladders that were sized for humans).

may have more after it starts (or after I come up with a sign-up post. Just had a few thoughts on my mind is all.
    No problem at all. Again, I want this RP to be really open-ended and surprising with the kind of craziness we throw each other's characters into, but with some very basic ground rules to make sure it's enjoyable and memorable.

10. This post has been liked by:

Name: Xavier Hundres
    Appearance: Average height, around 5'7" He had unkempt black hair and had a small gold earring in each ear. He wears a red jacket with a black T-shirt under it. Jeans and tennis shoes are also normal. He also wears finger-less leather gloves.
    Current State: Well... At the moment he's a sentient Twig that's about 2 feet long, a half inch thick, and has tiny wooden legs, arms, and face. He has a few leaves that somewhat resemble hair on the top of his "Head." And in case your wondering, the wood is mahogany.
    Personality: Xavier is very prideful and has a bit of an ego. Rash and bold, he doesn't take kindly to others looking down on him, including himself. There are few things he hates more than feeling weak or pathetic. Still, even if he's annoying he is pretty loyal and is a good person to have on your side.
    History: Xavier was a skilled pokemon trainer who'd decided to take a break from training for his 7th badge to hang out at the trick house when he discovered the "Basement." He spent his first day attempting to break his way out of the mysterious place with force, but to no avail. on the second day, he went somewhat crazy and spent most of it thinking that someone was going to steal his soul if he ate the food or drank the water. The third day he died to a mysterious mirror room that flung him high into the air to fall to his death. When he woke up in another room, he was a machop. He generally spent the rest of the time he;s been there getting to know other people who'd been trapped, trying to find his lost pokemon, or dying to other weird rooms until he became the twig he is now.
    Pokémon (up to six): Absol, Flygon, Typhlosion, Gengar, Pangoro, Gabite.
    Entrapment Length: About a month and a half
    Other: A person can last weeks without food, but without water they'll die after 3 days!

Name: Joshua Kanz
    Appearance: Short-ish at 5'4". Wears a blue running jacket and track pants. His shoes are normal tennis shoes. He carries around a shoulder bag for carrying his supplies and pokeballs. Around his neck is a silver pendant shaped like a flame. Etched into it are the words "Inherited Will, Destiny, and Dreams" His skin is pale, his eyes are bright blue, his hair is a dirty blonde color.
    Current State: Still normal human.
    Personality: Joshua is reserved, but very hardworking. He always tries to do the best at whatever he does, even if it is a small task. Even so, he has an unfortunate habit of making mistakes, which have ruined a lot of his self confidence. He enjoys being with his pokemon because he feels they understand him beyond his mistakes, though he won't shun any human friends either. He has a strong belief in an overall justice, (Or karma, I guess) so when things go wrong for him, he assumes it is a punishment for something he'd done.
    History: Joshua is a relatively new trainer and was unlucky enough to have found the basement on his first visit to the trick house. He used to live in Sinnoh, but moved to Hoen with his family after some trouble with Team galactic.
    Pokémon (up to six): Treecko, eevee, pichu, poochyena
    Entrapment Length: about 12 hours
    Other: He's not quite as weirded out as some other people because as far as he knows, the trick house is supposed to be like this.

I have a rather important question: does food you have on you before hand have the same affects as the food found in the "Maze" So if you have some berries or fresh water in your bag, can you eat/drink those safely?

Also: Yay for Chakra joining the wonderful and imaginative world of Roleplay! Welcome to the community! Go team electric rodents!

VPP

12. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Morzone, both Xavier and Joshua are Accepted and good to go (I feel bad for snickering at Xavier's twig state, but it just seems so random XD).

And to answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I have a rather important question: does food you have on you before hand have the same affects as the food found in the "Maze" So if you have some berries or fresh water in your bag, can you eat/drink those safely?

Also: Yay for Chakra joining the wonderful and imaginative world of Roleplay! Welcome to the community! Go team electric rodents!
    Food and drinks your character already has on them will just work as normal. So if your character already brought lunch, you should be fine, but there's also the small fact that your Pokémon get hungry and thirsty also, so your reserves are probably only going to hold out for so long.

But as mentioned before, food and drink found in the Trick House Underground isn't the only way your character and their Pokémon could get transformed (but it's definitely one of the most surefire means). Getting stung by that funky green Beedril or inhaling pollen from a weird flower you bumped into might cause something bizarre to happen also. It's just with the food and drink, it always happens.

Have fun experimenting!

And yeah, I think it's cool Chakramaster is joining us. Usually the RPs I run don't get this wild and crazy, but it's always nice and refreshing to put creativity and imagination on overdrive like this every now and then.