View Poll Results: Which was your favourite event?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • WAR

3 18.75%
  • Valentine's Day

3 18.75%
  • Secret Santa

3 18.75%
  • Easter Egg Hunt

0 0%
  • Team Magma and Aqua Takeover

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Favourite Events!

The staff is working hard to bring you fun events! We'd like to know which events you enjoyed and which you didn't so that we can improve future events and decide which kind of events to run!

If you have a suggestion to improve an event or ideas for new events, feel free to share here as well! Help us make more fun things for you to do! :D

If there's an event I forgot, please do mention it :D
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

I actually loved the Aqua/Magma takeover. xD I do love all the other events, though. Secret Santa is definitely a favourite of mine, and this Valentine's has been a blast.

Oh jfc, why not multiple choice? xDD

For me it's a tie between Aqua vs. Magma and Easter Egg Hunt. I love the exploration aspect of the egg hunt but I LOVED the thought, time, and effort put into the event, as well as the intensity of it! Like I sent to you the other day, it would be super-cool to have something like that for sometime around the Pokemon 20th anniversary! Old-genners vs. New-genners! 8D

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Oh jfc, why not multiple choice? xDD

For me it's a tie between Aqua vs. Magma and Easter Egg Hunt. I love the exploration aspect of the egg hunt but I LOVED the thought, time, and effort put into the event, as well as the intensity of it! Like I sent to you the other day, it would be super-cool to have something like that for sometime around the Pokemon 20th anniversary! Old-genners vs. New-genners! 8D
    Because I wanna know what people like best of all. xD I could have made it multi choice I guess. It was a toss up. Oh well!

xD

I definitely wanna do something similar to Aqua/Magma again and I have a few ideas :D
    GCEA

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

WE CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE!?

Okay, honestly, I've found this Valentine's Day event to be the most fun with the least amount of stress and pressure (which unfortunately the WAR has too much of...). The Easter Egg event thing was cool and fun too, but it did feel like it was over quickly. I didn't take part in the ORAS event (I really should have), but I also liked the Secret Santa thing.

8. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

To me, I'm limited to what I can choose. I was here for WAR, but limited because my laptop decided to die just DAYS after it started once I joined. So the Secret Santa event was nice AND gave me a chance to pull back out CS3 and get my creative spark going again....even if I haven't gone back since I made it...since it did barely run since it's on my old broken/slow laptop. Would like to see it or something like it again honestly!

I really wanted to choose the Valentines event since it's going so well and not only me, but everyone else seems to be really enjoying it as well (a clear sign this should have multiple votes =D lol). Jokes aside haha, I feel the Valentines event is good, but....errr...don't wanna sound judgemental or nitpicky..I hate doing that, but even though there's a day where multiple ones are gonna be sent out...I feel like there should be a way everyone gets one from someone who joined. Some people might feel leftout is all and I hate that (it's a weird feeling and I would too if I weren't easy going. Doesn't matter to me how many I get, but I just can't help but feel some people might feel left out if they don't get as many as *insert user here*). To me, it's an overwhelming success this event has been. The Secret Santa event just barely wins it for me though ;)

Actually as far as suggestions (really wish this came up earlier xD) I had something I thought of recently and I totally forgot about it lol. If I remember it I'll be sure to bring it back up (post it here or something).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

Okay the Magma/Aqua Takeover was the best piece of anything that I experienced. Especially with Archie and Maxie joining in the fray. It was so unexpected but totally awesome at the same time.
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja level100@1748 ★
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

I know I can't say much since I only really participated in the Secret Santa event (and even then, I have yet to receive/give my gift due to scheduling conflicts x_x), but I thought it was a nice idea. I participated in a similar one that was solely graphics/art-based, but I thought this one was better since people had a wider selection of gifts to send/receive.

The Valentine's Day event I absolutely despise. I did not participate in it, but that's because I know hardly anyone on this forum, even after being here for three months. That's the main beef I have with it: Since the event was all about sending messages to people, it is difficult for newer members or members who still haven't been immersed into the community to take part, and so people will feel left out. Community-wide events shouldn't make people feel that way; they should try and be as inclusive as possible so everyone has a chance to take part and enjoy themselves.

EDIT: I realized it's less helpful simply pointing out the issue rather than making an attempt to solve it/give suggestions, so I hope this doesn't get overlooked!

Here's a possible alternative I came up with for this Valentine's event: Instead of allowing people to send a Valentine's to whoever they wish, perhaps whoever participates is assigned a random participant to give a Valentine's to. Then, on the final day or final two days, they may send Valentine's to whomever (similar to this event's finale). That way, everyone has a chance to participate and have fun, and they may still give out Valentine's to others!

When coming up with community-wide events, I think it's important to ask yourselves if everyone—from staff to veteran members to people who joined less than a day ago—would be able to take part. Even if it's an event celebrating a new Pokémon game or the anniversary of a set of Pokémon games, the event should have guidelines/mini-events/what have you that give everyone the opportunity to participate.
    Last edited by Vishnal; 02-13-2016 at 03:40 AM. Reason: I edit wayyyy too much, but I keep thinking of things to add.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

12. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I really loved WAR. :D Unfortunately there aren't as many people here as there used to be on PE2K back in the day, and it was a lot more fun with a heap of teams. Of course, as Neo said, it can be really stressful too. xD

In fact I really love this Valentines event so far. C: It helps spread the love far and wide across the forum!

And the Magma/Aqua Takeover was really fun, too! I LIKE THEM ALL.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I wasn't here for the Team aqua magma takeover when it occurred which kind of saddens me because it sounded awesome. But secret Santa has probably been my favorite, with valentines at a very close second. They're both great reminders that there are people out there who care about me, which I seem to need constant reminding of nowadays.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

15. This post has been liked by: