Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar

[Gallery] Oodles of Doodles! ♥

Nope, not the naughty kind. Shame on you kids.

~*~

Welcome to Oodles of Doodles!

Where - starting NOW! - I am going to be posting my random sketches, illustrations, digital works, what-have-you.

If you wish to view my older stuff, you can peruse my Deviant Art.
    If you want to view everything I've posted here in a more continuous format, feel free to browse my Tumblr as well!

Every artwork I post will also be collected here under appropriate categories. Usual PXR rules follow, yadda, yadda.

Have fun browsing! 8D

Want a commission? Please see my info here!

ILLUSTRATIONS

Pokemon

Sketches;
    Spoiler:

Digital Art;
    Spoiler:

Sketches;
    Spoiler:

Digital Art;
    Spoiler:

Resonance Fan-Fic
    Spoiler:

Anime
    Spoiler:

Video Games
    Spoiler:

GRAPHICS

Sprites
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Userbars & Tags
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Chibi Altaria; 01-12-2017 at 08:34 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I ADORE your art and character styles. I seriously wish I was as good as you are, because hot damn, girl, you've got heaps of skills and talent!

Really, I can't spot any flaws. They would be cool to see as finished art in color, but these sketches are still awesome with their own unique flavor and style.

4. This post has been liked by:

Aw Gemma, this is awesome. :D What a cool thread. c: Your style is so great! I LOOOVE the pokemon ones and Chloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I ADORE your art and character styles. I seriously wish I was as good as you are, because hot damn, girl, you've got heaps of skills and talent!

Really, I can't spot any flaws. They would be cool to see as finished art in color, but these sketches are still awesome with their own unique flavor and style.
    Thank you, Neo. You really know how to make me feel good. C:

I know I should practice my colouring, but I often run out of motivation by the time the sketch is done! xD Maybe I'll try my hand at another digital work soon. I did want to draw my Froakie and Fennekin - who I started with in Super Mystery Dungeon - so maybe I'll do that.

If it helps, I've been drawing all my life - and I'm still improving!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Aw Gemma, this is awesome. :D What a cool thread. c: Your style is so great! I LOOOVE the pokemon ones and Chloe.
    Thanks, Xanthe! :D

I need to draw more people, maybe I'll try Max or ebil Jefferson. Or POMPIDOU. ouo

If people wanna request stuff, I'm all for it. Although whether I do it or not is up to me. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

I need to draw more people, maybe I'll try Max or ebil Jefferson. Or POMPIDOU. ouo

If people wanna request stuff, I'm all for it. Although whether I do it or not is up to me. :p
    No worries! :D

ERMAHLERD! Please do any and all of those! xD Hehe.

Oh darn! *snaps fingers* I thought it'd be up to me...

xD

But sure, if I have a request, I'll letcha know. c:

Administrator

So first of all, Gem. These are REALLY amazing! Art this good makes me wish my friend here kept up with his art, but he lost that skill now. I bet you could even make some of the most complex characters to draw as well is super amazing detail. Seriously it's THAT good! I'm in the same boat as the others in that feeling. I'd love to be able to draw out anything like that, but my skill never improving when I tried kinda...forced me away xD. I think my art skill even got worse over time hahaha!

Anyway Gem from what I just saw its all really amazing! To think you can only keep improving at that!

Thank you, Neo. You really know how to make me feel good. C:

I know I should practice my colouring, but I often run out of motivation by the time the sketch is done! xD Maybe I'll try my hand at another digital work soon. I did want to draw my Froakie and Fennekin - who I started with in Super Mystery Dungeon - so maybe I'll do that.

If it helps, I've been drawing all my life - and I'm still improving!

Yup! I would tell you do that! Nothing would help you more than taking on new tasks and keeping up some kind of challenge to push you to improve upon that skill more, but we can't force you, it's all up to you to decide that!

I've always been kinda....I guess "shy" is the word, when it comes to requesting stuff. Even if the person offered because I always never wanted to bother people is all. So if you do decide to do requests, I might xD. All depends if you really do take requests or not since it's all up to you =D. Hey if anything, a great artist NEEDS encouragement!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Life is Strange is hands down the best game I've played in a while. That Chloe drawing made me happy.

If I could draw like you, I'd have probably already made a bunch of Life is Strange fanart. Suppose if I had a request it'd to see more art for that game. As much as I admire your accuracy with Pokemon, it's refreshing to see artwork on here that isn't Pokemon.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    No worries! :D

ERMAHLERD! Please do any and all of those! xD Hehe.

Oh darn! *snaps fingers* I thought it'd be up to me...

xD

But sure, if I have a request, I'll letcha know. c:
    OKAY. XD It seems people want me to draw more non-Pokemon related art, so that is what I shall do! (after a few more Pokemon-related works, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    So first of all, Gem. These are REALLY amazing! Art this good makes me wish my friend here kept up with his art, but he lost that skill now. I bet you could even make some of the most complex characters to draw as well is super amazing detail. Seriously it's THAT good! I'm in the same boat as the others in that feeling. I'd love to be able to draw out anything like that, but my skill never improving when I tried kinda...forced me away xD. I think my art skill even got worse over time hahaha!

Anyway Gem from what I just saw its all really amazing! To think you can only keep improving at that!

Yup! I would tell you do that! Nothing would help you more than taking on new tasks and keeping up some kind of challenge to push you to improve upon that skill more, but we can't force you, it's all up to you to decide that!

I've always been kinda....I guess "shy" is the word, when it comes to requesting stuff. Even if the person offered because I always never wanted to bother people is all. So if you do decide to do requests, I might xD. All depends if you really do take requests or not since it's all up to you =D. Hey if anything, a great artist NEEDS encouragement!
    Thanks, Charka. C': And I don't think you can ever 'lose' the skill, it just dulls a little the more you neglect it. For example, as I've gotten older my eyes perceive more and I recongise things that just seem 'wrong'. Before I started back here with my Pokemon related sketches, I hadn't drawn anything in probably a year or so, yet I was able to pick up right where I'd left off, and even improved I'd say. That's because compared to when you were a kid, you know what looks right or wrong, to you, and so can naturally draw better. At least that's how it works for me. xD I dunno, it might be different for other people.

It just occurred to me... I never posted some of my most detailed works on dA. Maybe I'll stick them up on my Tumblr sometime. I drew this super cool elephant for my nan's 65th birthday. A baby elephant. It is so cute. >u< I'll have to show you sometime. It doesn't really mean that a detailed drawing is any harder than a simpler one, it just takes a lot more time as there's more lighting and shadowing to play around with.

I doubt I could tell anyone how I draw like that. I'd just say to someone "I look at it, and I do it." XD Doesn't make sense for most. I suppose it helps to have an eye for these things? Like you need to know the direction of the light, and how it works, to make realistic drawings. The best thing I can offer is to go outside and look at EVERYTHING. It's much easier to see how light works then. I also love to tell people that pencils DON'T just have one shade. A single pencil can have tonnes of shades! Light pressing is great for shading, and it's better if you hold the pencil on its side and use a back and forth motion. This gets rid of ugly lines. O:< Press harder for outlines, and vary the two. Where lines intersect, make the joins thicker, and darker etc.

I could go on all day, but I won't. Cx I'd also love to teach people, maybe I can try some kind of sketch tutorial... It might help.

I find a lot of the time I lack motivation, so if I have a 'push', or a request or something, it forces me to actually do it. Which is best (I need deadlines in my life lawl). No no no. Seriously, Chakra, request away. xD You don't lose anything from it, unless I don't want to do it. *shrugs* So don't feel shy! You'll actually doing me a favour by suggesting something. If it was a bother, I would never have suggested doing it in the first place! Thanks so much! :D

/essay

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    Life is Strange is hands down the best game I've played in a while. That Chloe drawing made me happy.

If I could draw like you, I'd have probably already made a bunch of Life is Strange fanart. Suppose if I had a request it'd to see more art for that game. As much as I admire your accuracy with Pokemon, it's refreshing to see artwork on here that isn't Pokemon.
    IKR?! 8D Chloe is da bomb. Max is kinda dull, but at least she tries. She reminds me of myself. I ONLY WISH I COULD BE AS AWESOME AS CHLOE. T^T I've played it twice already, and thinking of testing out a third where I screw everybody (EVERYBODY) over. *is ebil*

Ah, well, practice. xD Sure, I can do that! OH. I have a great idea. I should start a poll to see which character from LiS people most want me to draw next. Interesting. The only reason I post so much Pokemon fanart here is because this IS a Pokemon forum. xD; but I can always try something new!

Administrator

[INDENT][FONT=Tahoma]Thanks, Charka. C': And I don't think you can ever 'lose' the skill, it just dulls a little the more you neglect it. For example, as I've gotten older my eyes perceive more and I recongise things that just seem 'wrong'. Before I started back here with my Pokemon related sketches, I hadn't drawn anything in probably a year or so, yet I was able to pick up right where I'd left off, and even improved I'd say. That's because compared to when you were a kid, you know what looks right or wrong, to you, and so can naturally draw better. At least that's how it works for me. xD I dunno, it might be different for other people.

It just occurred to me... I never posted some of my most detailed works on dA. Maybe I'll stick them up on my Tumblr sometime. I drew this super cool elephant for my nan's 65th birthday. A baby elephant. It is so cute. >u< I'll have to show you sometime. It doesn't really mean that a detailed drawing is any harder than a simpler one, it just takes a lot more time as there's more lighting and shadowing to play around with.

I doubt I could tell anyone how I draw like that. I'd just say to someone "I look at it, and I do it." XD Doesn't make sense for most. I suppose it helps to have an eye for these things? Like you need to know the direction of the light, and how it works, to make realistic drawings. The best thing I can offer is to go outside and look at EVERYTHING. It's much easier to see how light works then. I also love to tell people that pencils DON'T just have one shade. A single pencil can have tonnes of shades! Light pressing is great for shading, and it's better if you hold the pencil on its side and use a back and forth motion. This gets rid of ugly lines. O:< Press harder for outlines, and vary the two. Where lines intersect, make the joins thicker, and darker etc.

I could go on all day, but I won't. Cx I'd also love to teach people, maybe I can try some kind of sketch tutorial... It might help.

I find a lot of the time I lack motivation, so if I have a 'push', or a request or something, it forces me to actually do it. Which is best (I need deadlines in my life lawl). No no no. Seriously, Chakra, request away. xD You don't lose anything from it, unless I don't want to do it. *shrugs* So don't feel shy! You'll actually doing me a favour by suggesting something. If it was a bother, I would never have suggested doing it in the first place! Thanks so much! :D

/essay
    Well throughout elementary school (year 2-5 I guess that is outside America?)I made a friend who I learned had an amazing art talent. Seriously, one of the last things he he gave me (if I could find it I'd post a picture of it) of Goku from DBZ. Literally, the picture turned out like something you'd see the DBZ creator make. I know there's many artists out there like that, you included! Once we hit middle school he was in a separate class than me. So we barely got to talk after that. When I did I asked if he could still drawn things like he used to. When he tried it didn't turn out as well so he told me he "gave it up." I mean yeah, now being older I know better ways to handle drawing anything, but it still ends up pretty bad =3

That was one thing I never worked on as much because I could never have the image fit proportionately to a good design haha. So I found shading pointless to try at least til I got any better. Which it never did back then.

Some people are kinda just born with the talent. It makes it hard to explain. Some just have the desire for it which pushes them to better their art. Tutorials help, but to certain points.

Yup! Those 'pushes' could really help with creativity honestly. Oh, by the "shy" on the requesting thing it's just an old habit. Ever since I've been on forums. Sigs/banners have been created for me by other people. First 5 years I had to ask others to help make them and I always never wanted to bug anyone about it. So it's an old habit I have still =3. I might be able to think of something though! =D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

12. This post has been liked by:

Hahah, I think you know how I feel about all of these! The realistic one though, is by far my favorite. You really surprised me with that! Did not expect that one bit. Its nothing short of fantastic!

Please keep us updated, can't wait to see what else you post! o W o

Yes please do moar Square Enix chars pl0z 8D

Uh, that is, if you want to. XD

Also, if you want to dabble in coloring and digital art, maybe itd be best to go with a really simple line art that isn't 100% refined and work from that. Its a lot better than working from something you already refined, then feeling like you ruined it when you went to color and shade it and therefore losing any motivation to try the medium at all. Gah it happens to me so often!!!

If I think of another request, it will definitely try to keep your interests in mind. After all, there IS such a thing as a good requester. Requests are usually taken to practice and try new things, so it's wonderful to have someone that requests that has your interests and skill level in mind.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------