Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

THAT IS... AWESOME!!!

Okay, so here I was lying in bed at 5:30AM (I typically wake up at this time naturally for no bloody reason at all), and I just decided to whip out my tablet to browse PXR. Ah, I got a mention, let's check it out. I tap the link, and WHAM, there's this masterpiece, and I'm fumbling with the tablet keyboard trying to reply and said "you know what, screw it, I'm getting my butt out of bed, hopping on my computer, and writing a proper response to this one.

I TOTALLY ADORE IT, it's beyond incredible and I really love the mischievous grin! You captured all the cool, fun, and mischievous things I love about Emolga flawlessly. I was feeling a bit down yesterday, but this definitely made me smile this morning, and for that much-needed happiness, I thank you a lot. You made this WAY faster than I had expected, and did an absolutely amazing job on it! Like Xanthe said, the shading is amazing, the pose and expression is unique and super cool and cute, and it totally captures the charm that makes your art so lovable. I swear, the more I look at it, the more I smile.

Hope you don't mind, there was this blah empty space on the back wall of my desk, so I printed it out and filled that pesky empty void with this lovable guy. This is definitely a keeper.

(I really need to clean my desk off, but eh, whatever).

A++, double thumbs up, 100%, platinum trophy, and all that lovely jazz! Gem, you ROCK, what an epic job!
    YOU PUT IT UP IN YOUR ROOM. ASADFGAFSFDG. *faints* @.@

That is SO super cool of you, Neo! I'm so happy you love my artwork enough to display it. <3 That totally reminds me, I should sign all these sketches with my signature, I keep forgetting. xD;

I can't believe you got up at 5am to write this. XD My artwork is more precious than your sleep! Haha. I was really hoping I did your cute Emolga justice on this one, but I think I captured its expression fairly well! I got (literally) a crap tonne of references from Google to get it just right. Aww, Neo! You shouldn't ever feel down, but if ya do I can always draw you another Emolga picture. n.n I'm happy it makes you feel happy, because that's what I strive for when I draw. And if I've made you smile, even just a little bit (or even a whole lot!), than I've done the job I wanted.

Actually, I didn't expect to do it yesterday. I was originally going to draw another character for my fanfic, but I had this feeling that I needed to draw Emolga and so I did. It worked out well, eh. :D Maybe somewhere deep down, my tenth sense felt you needed to be picked up. xD Urgh. Thank you a tonne. ;u;

You made my day, Neo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh man that was SUPER fast. That's amazingly well done. Like the others already said, that shading is amazing! You really capture Emolga's impish grin/cuteness factors in this really well. Your art style is really super special Gem!

Edit: ok I can't stop looking at it now xD. Keep finding myself coming back here to see it again.
    It was, wasn't it. xD Even I didn't expect to get it up so fast, but sometimes it happens! That shading style I do...I'm pretty sure it came from somewhere, although I can't really remember. It's like a soft type of cell-shading that I adore. <3 And sometimes (like with the Emolga) I mix in hard shading with soft shading and it just turns out cool. *o*

Thanks for the feedback, Eric! I'm glad my little Emolga made you smile, too! n.n Maybe you need one for your wall as well. xD

OH MY GOSH. I just had a totally epic idea! If I start a project, called the 151 (placeholder title!) and draw a sketch of the first 151 Pokemon, THEN put them all into a collage on my wall. Ohmygoshyes. I AM SO doing this. 8D But it's gonna take a long time to do so many sketches, not to mention would that even fit on my wall...?

YOU ARE ALL SO NICE. ;u; Thanks to you, too, Xanthe!

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ha, ha, sleep is overrated. :P

But yeah, this was a fantastic thing to wake up to and your art definitely has an awesome, magical effect that just makes people happy to see it. A job well done right there!

Thanks again for making this the highlight of my morning. I love this little guy. :D

4. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    It was, wasn't it. xD Even I didn't expect to get it up so fast, but sometimes it happens! That shading style I do...I'm pretty sure it came from somewhere, although I can't really remember. It's like a soft type of cell-shading that I adore. <3 And sometimes (like with the Emolga) I mix in hard shading with soft shading and it just turns out cool. *o*

Thanks for the feedback, Eric! I'm glad my little Emolga made you smile, too! n.n Maybe you need one for your wall as well. xD

OH MY GOSH. I just had a totally epic idea! If I start a project, called the 151 (placeholder title!) and draw a sketch of the first 151 Pokemon, THEN put them all into a collage on my wall. Ohmygoshyes. I AM SO doing this. 8D But it's gonna take a long time to do so many sketches, not to mention would that even fit on my wall...?

YOU ARE ALL SO NICE. ;u; Thanks to you, too, Xanthe!
    Well wherever you learned it or however you did, it works. I really like it!

Haha, well I DO have an idea, but you've probably done art for it so many times already (insert Pikachu idea here xD). I mean I dooooo have another idea that's less of a solo idea, but it would probably be asking too much for one photo. The only other one I could think of besides just flat out Pikachu was one like group picture style each with like our "pokesona's" (i.e: Neo- Emolga, me- Pikachu, Xanthe- Flareon, etc) all in one group. That was the less selfish though xD. lol, I really need to stretch it out from the Pokemon ideas a bit xD. But yeah, the only thing that jumped off my head to request was something Pikachu related =3...just dunno what style.

Ah, it's no problem Gem it was really well done! Maybe I do need one for my wall somewhere.....if only my printer actually worked @_@

That sounds like a really long term project, but a really great idea! Yeah it would take up a LOT of space in the end (plus at least 151 pages of paper guaranteed lol). In the end it sounds like a great idea! Maybe even make a video of it or post pictures of it after it's done too!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Well wherever you learned it or however you did, it works. I really like it!

Haha, well I DO have an idea, but you've probably done art for it so many times already (insert Pikachu idea here xD). I mean I dooooo have another idea that's less of a solo idea, but it would probably be asking too much for one photo. The only other one I could think of besides just flat out Pikachu was one like group picture style each with like our "pokesona's" (i.e: Neo- Emolga, me- Pikachu, Xanthe- Flareon, etc) all in one group. That was the less selfish though xD. lol, I really need to stretch it out from the Pokemon ideas a bit xD. But yeah, the only thing that jumped off my head to request was something Pikachu related =3...just dunno what style.

Ah, it's no problem Gem it was really well done! Maybe I do need one for my wall somewhere.....if only my printer actually worked @_@

That sounds like a really long term project, but a really great idea! Yeah it would take up a LOT of space in the end (plus at least 151 pages of paper guaranteed lol). In the end it sounds like a great idea! Maybe even make a video of it or post pictures of it after it's done too!
    Thank you, Eric. C:

Oh, but as Pikachu is one of my favourites it never gets old. XD I swear I could draw Pikachu any and every day and NOT get sick of it. I hope. x: Generally, if it's a request, I only do one (or two) objects/charas in a sketch - like Speed's Snivy and Joltik. Any more than that and I'll be having you pay for it cause it'll take me all day. xD The more things there are to draw, the longer it takes after all. A group shot is actually a good idea! Although it might take some time to do, I wouldn't get it up anywhere as quick as the Emolga I did for Neo. :p And that would be cool to print and put on a wall at some point. I could turn that into a project, but I'd have to see who wants to have their pokesona featured. Then I'd need a rough description/sketch of it. Also there would be two Pikachu cause I'm one as well! X3

Well you've certainly got time to think of something so just lemme know when you do!

Maybe I'll start small and just cut it back to all the starters. xD (plus Pikachu!) That's still a fair bit! If I start out with such a huge project I might lose motivation for it halfway through. And that wouldn't be good. 3:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Thank you, Eric. C:

Oh, but as Pikachu is one of my favourites it never gets old. XD I swear I could draw Pikachu any and every day and NOT get sick of it. I hope. x: Generally, if it's a request, I only do one (or two) objects/charas in a sketch - like Speed's Snivy and Joltik. Any more than that and I'll be having you pay for it cause it'll take me all day. xD The more things there are to draw, the longer it takes after all. A group shot is actually a good idea! Although it might take some time to do, I wouldn't get it up anywhere as quick as the Emolga I did for Neo. :p And that would be cool to print and put on a wall at some point. I could turn that into a project, but I'd have to see who wants to have their pokesona featured. Then I'd need a rough description/sketch of it. Also there would be two Pikachu cause I'm one as well! X3

Well you've certainly got time to think of something so just lemme know when you do!

Maybe I'll start small and just cut it back to all the starters. xD (plus Pikachu!) That's still a fair bit! If I start out with such a huge project I might lose motivation for it halfway through. And that wouldn't be good. 3:
    I swear that's one of the reasons I'd love to be able to draw better xD. Drawing characters I like the most would be awesome. I figured as much more would be more difficult and time consuming for sure. It's just the craziest thing that came to mind when I tried thinking of literally anything, but like I said....some reason I couldn't get away from the Pokemon idea lol. Not only would it take a long time, but the more in one photo the less details that could go into each really since they'd have to be shrunk down rather than one large image.

Well I did think more on it and I think rather than anything specific I'd like to just request a Pikachu and leave the real design up to you as the artist =3 sometimes I'm just a bit uncreative xD. Though sometimes I can have sudden thoughts of inspiration. I thought maybe the Detective Pikachu at first, but nah I'd wanna experience that game first hand before anything and go with something more normal Chu related. Since you draw Pikachu on a daily basis I'll leave it up to you if that's fine? Or I can throw a random idea out there and roll with it xD.

Yeah though that group idea was about the best I could come up with. Even if there would be 2 Pikachu one would be male and the other female right? I don't know exactly how many would say even want to take part in something like that having their pokesona featured. So it was just one of those things I thought of and just threw out there =3

That project sounds good, but yeah if you go with all the ones you like most first it'll throw off any motivation. Maybe schedule certain ones in groups (at least one you really like in each) so that it keeps that motivation up and going. Like I've seen musicians on YT do is just doing them in order (though for drawing that could be a bit different and have it's dull moments I'd think). Maybe start with a starter at a time in the group and add a few more of the same typing or something (i.e: Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, etc).

The time is upon us...

8. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I love your sketches so much, Gem! They're beautiful! *_* If you do end up drawing Bulbasaur at some point, I would love to print it and put it on my wall! Neo has the right idea! xD

If I ever get my own place I would totally commission you for some artwork to go on the walls :D

Also that Link piece is great! Your digital art is just as impressive! <3
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

I totally agree with Sarah. I would love to commission you for some of these artworks! I mean, my living space may still be sorta....small and living with others, but still it's amazing and I'd love to put some on my wall!

Edit: Ok after some thought I'm decided. If I could please request anything it'd just be a normal (male) Pikachu however you'd like to make it. I have no real preference to the pose or anything. I'll leave it all to the artists design! I'm sure you know what works best! =D
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-28-2016 at 01:46 AM.

The time is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I love your sketches so much, Gem! They're beautiful! *_* If you do end up drawing Bulbasaur at some point, I would love to print it and put it on my wall! Neo has the right idea! xD

If I ever get my own place I would totally commission you for some artwork to go on the walls :D

Also that Link piece is great! Your digital art is just as impressive! <3
    Thank you, Sarah! :D Haha, it's been so long since I've drawn Bulba I might have to do it for you! Anything I can to help you increase your collection. :p

Keep me in mind, then! Haha. Tell your friends. xD Thanks! I do need to make more digital works.

I totally agree with Sarah. I would love to commission you for some of these artworks! I mean, my living space may still be sorta....small and living with others, but still it's amazing and I'd love to put some on my wall!

Edit: Ok after some thought I'm decided. If I could please request anything it'd just be a normal (male) Pikachu however you'd like to make it. I have no real preference to the pose or anything. I'll leave it all to the artists design! I'm sure you know what works best! =D
    I will reply to you other post at some stage, Eric! Cx

Maybe I will start commissions soon. Requests will be over and then you'll have to pay for them. xD Actually, that's not a bad idea. But tell me, if I start doing commissions, will you guys pay for them? O: I've never really done a commission before, I've got no idea what to charge for these things. xD;; *needs help*

Is this Pikachu fuzzy enough for ya? 8D Don't think I've drawn electric sparks before, hope I got 'em right!

13. This post has been liked by:

Ooooooo I love that sketch of Pikachu. It looks simple yet so detailed. I would love to see what it would look like colored though.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Ooooooo I love that sketch of Pikachu. It looks simple yet so detailed. I would love to see what it would look like colored though.
    Yay, another victim viewer! :D Thanks! I don't usually colour my sketches, but maybe I'll have to do a coloured version sometime.

Most of the time I tend to sketch at work when it's quiet, and I don't have access to all my art stuff there. 3: