Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

We could do the two teams things and then just have little mini activities throughout the year/summer OR have the event be a lead up to the new games...ie create a new gym, design a new badge, make a new city, new type, new Pokemon along with the activities we did for when OR/AS came out.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

@Neo Emolga - Um. I didn't even see the gym leader thread. It's in Groups and Clubs, which I, personally, do not visit. xD It would have been better to move the poll somewhere more noticeable. Maybe? I mean, you could try again. We could even make an notice that appears at the top of the forum next time so that everyone will see it.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Neo Emolga - Um. I didn't even see the gym leader thread. It's in Groups and Clubs, which I, personally, do not visit. xD It would have been better to move the poll somewhere more noticeable. Maybe? I mean, you could try again. We could even make an notice that appears at the top of the forum next time so that everyone will see it.
    Eh, I could, but Phantasm.Angel did bring up a few good points about why it probably isn't the best idea, so I just think it would be better to try exploring other possibilities.

I wasn't around for the Team Magma versus Team Aqua event, so I can't really say too much about the whole two-team idea, but I'll see what other people say about it. I just don't really have too much to contribute at this time, but if most people seem to think it will be a good idea, I'll go along with it.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aw sorry to hear that Neo. I really liked that idea. I wouldn't be too put off by the lack of response... not that many people would have seen it and there really hasn't been too much input here. Most people who come for WAR are only here for those couple months so I don't think we're gonna be able to get much more input. We kind of just have to pick something, roll with it and then try and make it as fun as possible I guess.

If it helps, here's the ideas thread from after the WAR: http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...ew-event-ideas!

The Aqua/Magma event seems to have been popular but I think that was mostly because it was fun and mysterious and something different (even the staff had no idea what was going on.). It didn't involved any direct competition like drawing, writing or whatever. It was more of a fun scavenger hunt/trivia thing. If we try and do a two team competitive thing, I think it's gonna end up with the same issues as war.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Aw sorry to hear that Neo. I really liked that idea. I wouldn't be too put off by the lack of response... not that many people would have seen it and there really hasn't been too much input here. Most people who come for WAR are only here for those couple months so I don't think we're gonna be able to get much more input. We kind of just have to pick something, roll with it and then try and make it as fun as possible I guess.

If it helps, here's the ideas thread from after the WAR: http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...ew-event-ideas!

The Aqua/Magma event seems to have been popular but I think that was mostly because it was fun and mysterious and something different (even the staff had no idea what was going on.). It didn't involved any direct competition like drawing, writing or whatever. It was more of a fun scavenger hunt/trivia thing. If we try and do a two team competitive thing, I think it's gonna end up with the same issues as war.
    Not really. WAR had many teams and we had too many good people on well known teams and people tend to join those well known teams. Spark gets right there. WAR teams each had their own speciality field that they dominated pretty much which gave the other teams a bit less motivation to even compete much. Reason why I don't take part in them because I have friends in different teams.

Imagine just two teams with drafted people. Fighting for glory and justice. Ah. Chaos. Utter chaos! It won't be too competitive since I'm gearing towards fun and interactivity /care bear

It won't be too competitive. If it is everyone will love each other at the end! :3

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah drafting is the solution to the war issues as well. But no one WANTS a draft. xD I know I would want to be able to pick my own team, and that will probably also be the team with my friends on it. 8D If I happen to be friends with everyone in URPG well then it's not my fault we all wanna be on the same team.

CUE CONFLICT *dramatic music*
    GCEA

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

Crazy idea: Could we turn the things being talked about for two teams into four teams of the Hogwarts houses?
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah drafting is the solution to the war issues as well. But no one WANTS a draft. xD I know I would want to be able to pick my own team, and that will probably also be the team with my friends on it. 8D If I happen to be friends with everyone in URPG well then it's not my fault we all wanna be on the same team.

CUE CONFLICT *dramatic music*
    As in we have people sign up, then we put the sorting hat on them. Draft them into two teams. XD lol oh u. You doing the same thang!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Crazy idea: Could we turn the things being talked about for two teams into four teams of the Hogwarts houses?
    AVADA KEDAVRA. THE BOY WHO LIVED.

That'd be crazy as heck x3

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    We could do the two teams things and then just have little mini activities throughout the year/summer OR have the event be a lead up to the new games...ie create a new gym, design a new badge, make a new city, new type, new Pokemon along with the activities we did for when OR/AS came out.
    Yes, there's a lot of competitions that way, we could always end up making some events which could mostly revolve around the games, and if you were to include forum activities, it'd be huge! 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
    I actually really like this idea, and there are a lot of ways to create those two teams, such as celebrating the original games with a Team Red and a Team Blue, or we make the event tie into the hype about the new games and make Team Sun and Team Moon (maybe Team Dawn and Team Dusk to be less on the nose, but I digress).

I think that this would be a good way of easing into the idea that Harry had earlier of having larger-scale affiliations instead of just teams, albeit with just two options instead of many for now, plus I think that it would lend a sense of high drama to the event while still casting a large-enough net that it wouldn't feel too cloying. Plus there's something downright traditional in Pokemon about having to choose between a few options whether it's Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan, how to evolve your Gloom, or which version of the game for a given region to play.

Mhm. Something to revolve around Sun and Moon. The first thing that came to my mind were those two, but we could also do Solrock and Lunatone. x3 Whatever floats the boat! At the end of the day, two teams is all we need.

Last edited by Trainer17; 03-19-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Senior Administrator

In regards to the two-team event idea, here's a way it could work without being so dramatic.

The idea is to make it a thematic event. Sun and Moon, the new games, is the theme, even if we don't know too much about them yet. This means we should come up with ideas for different activities based on this theme.

Perhaps the RP setting involves some sort of day/night cycle idea. It doesn't have to be about the forces of day vs. the forces of night, but perhaps how the world might differ each cycle. Maybe people have different powers during the day vs. the night. Or maybe during the day, people are human and during the night, they are Pokemon. Lots of possibilities.

Maybe Art could involve designing new Pokemon that might fit in the new games. That's easy enough to propose.

For more competitive battling, URPG could have battles based on a theme. Like only allowing the use of "Day" Pokemon such as fire, grass, and fairy types for one week. Then maybe only "Night" Pokemon the next such as dark, poison, and ghost types.

Comedy could be discussions of Morning People vs. Night People or whatnot.

Maybe there can be some forum game that depends on whether it is day or night.

Would there be points? If there are, it would be awarded to people individually as part of recognition. People should receive emblems or badges for doing well in a section. Perhaps at the end, we can award badges to people who did well in multiple sections.

It's a little more casual, but could do well given Sun and Moon hype.

10. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    In regards to the two-team event idea, here's a way it could work without being so dramatic.

The idea is to make it a thematic event. Sun and Moon, the new games, is the theme, even if we don't know too much about them yet. This means we should come up with ideas for different activities based on this theme.

Perhaps the RP setting involves some sort of day/night cycle idea. It doesn't have to be about the forces of day vs. the forces of night, but perhaps how the world might differ each cycle. Maybe people have different powers during the day vs. the night. Or maybe during the day, people are human and during the night, they are Pokemon. Lots of possibilities.

Maybe Art could involve designing new Pokemon that might fit in the new games. That's easy enough to propose.

For more competitive battling, URPG could have battles based on a theme. Like only allowing the use of "Day" Pokemon such as fire, grass, and fairy types for one week. Then maybe only "Night" Pokemon the next such as dark, poison, and ghost types.

Comedy could be discussions of Morning People vs. Night People or whatnot.

Maybe there can be some forum game that depends on whether it is day or night.

Would there be points? If there are, it would be awarded to people individually as part of recognition. People should receive emblems or badges for doing well in a section. Perhaps at the end, we can award badges to people who did well in multiple sections.

It's a little more casual, but could do well given Sun and Moon hype.
    Individual reward points work fine x) I just wanted to make it dramatic via teams. At the end of the day we could generate a friendly sort of rival-lism to make it a bit moreenjoyable. Not too dramatic but hey that would make the activities much more fun to participate.