Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Senior Administrator

Hmm, I'm still not sure on the team-like structures given what happened last year, but this is probably a better implementation than before.

I like the idea of using tokens instead of points, including a token for participation. Then it becomes less a hardcore competition and more a fun Olympics-like event. Could do Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper tokens, for example.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Hmm, I'm still not sure on the team-like structures given what happened last year, but this is probably a better implementation than before.

I like the idea of using tokens instead of points, including a token for participation. Then it becomes less a hardcore competition and more a fun Olympics-like event. Could do Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper tokens, for example.
    The only thing with this is then the teams really wouldn't be necessary (except for RP purposes, although that could be run without teams also). There were also a few instances during the WAR, like in URPG, where points were awarded on a team-basis, but I'm not sure how that would be handled with something like tokens that are awarded on an individual level. Would everyone on the team get that token even if they didn't participate at all?

I dunno, it's kind of an iffy situation. I think I slightly prefer the teams within alliances with the points system, with just more points to award. I think it's the feeling of working hard on something and getting nothing that seems to be the reason for most people getting bummed out.