Senior Moderator

NobleJanobii's Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke

Name: NobleJanobii
    Game: Yellow
    Optional Clauses: Nickname and Shiny clauses

First Pokemon: Zeus the Pikachu
    Current Level: 6
    Current Location: Route 1
    Last edited by Kaoru; 03-06-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Brock Checkpoint Cleared!
    Spoiler:

Time Taken: 2:17

Current Team Status:

Akuma the Nidoran Male
    Level 14
    Moves: Leer, Tackle, Horn Attack, and Double Kick

Bruce the Pidgey
    Level 11
    Moves: Gust and Sand Attack

Clarent the Spearow
    Level 11
    Moves: Peck, Growl, and Leer

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 11
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Harden, and Confusion

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 11
    Moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, and Thunder Wave

Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 1: Olympian Gods, Thieving Rivals, and Rock Hard Gym Leaders oh my!

Moonlight filtered in the window of my bedroom. It was the only source of light I needed right now, and the only one I could risk at this hour. If I was going to do this, I had to leave now. Tonight was the night. Gary would be waiting for me at his grandfather's lab. I owe him big time for this, but then again, I owed him for many things.

I adjusted my red jacket, white shirt, and jeans. I was almost ready. All my things were packed. All I needed was… ah my hat. I gently picked up the old red and white hat. It had been my father's and it was my only connection to him. He had died protecting me, though I still never really know the why or the how of the situation. Nevertheless, he'd be protecting me again starting tonight until I finally returned home.

Looking into the mirror, I rolled my long brown hair into a tight bun, then fit the hat over it. It wasn't much of a disguise but it would do for now. I shouldered my backpack then walked to the window. I cast one more look around my room, then slid open the window. I carefully climbed onto the ledge outside then closed my window. I scanned the ledge and spotted the ladder nearby. Mom had been fixing the roof this morning and I might have "forgot" to put it up. Oops. I quickly climbed down the ladder and touched onto the soft grass. I sucked in a breath then moved the ladder to the ground as quietly as possible. It wouldn't prevent her from figuring out how I escaped, but it'd stall her. With that taken care of, I turned my back on the only home I had ever known and broke into a sprint towards literally one of the only other buildings in town.

"Sloane!" a voice hissed at me as I approached. I slid to a stop and spotted the source hanging out a window of the lab. Gary Oak. We had known each other since we were kids and this man is literally the most annoying person on the planet. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't madly in love with him. I smiled as my eyes locked with his, but that quickly fell. His dark viridian eyes brewed a mix of confusion and anger.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I had already left the house and it was unlikely I could get back in without being caught. Even if I could, there's still the fact that a chance to escape like this again would probably never arise again. Gary shook his head and extended his hands. He helped me climb through the low window into the lab. Gary unclipped his flashlight from his belt and turned it on. I immediately saw the problem. The table which usually held three pokeballs containing the starters for new trainers was empty. The starters were missing! "Oh crap." Gary and I exchanged a panicked look. "He's your grandfather! Where could he have put them?" Gary threw his hands dramatically in the air.

"Like I would know! The man can't even remember my own name half the time! He probably won't even remember where he put them." We both let out heavy sighs. "The best thing we can do is search the place. He's bound to have something around here."

That sounded like as good a plan as any. I put down my backpack and fished out my flashlight. I smacked the bottom twice and then clicked it on. The light flickered a second before forming a steady beam that pierced the darkness. I swept the light back and forth. Nothing fruitful came towards the light as Gary and I explored the lab. I walked past the professor's table and scanned over it with my eyes. There appeared to be something under the papers. I gently pushed them aside to reveal an open box. Pulling it open, I looked inside, and was thoroughly disappointed. Just some lab equipment. I was beginning to lose hope when Gary hissed out my name again. I looked over at him and he motioned for me to come closer.

"Did you find the starters?" I asked in a low voice as I approached. Gary quickly shook his head. He shined his flashlights in front of him as I drew closer and the signature red white gleam caught my eye. Unlike starter pokeballs, however, these didn't have stamps signaling their elements. I opened my mouth to ask him what he wanted with these since they weren't the starters, but then the security system alarm decided to rudely interrupt me.

Red light flooded the lab and a blaring screeching sound echoed from the lab. I covered my ears reflexively and looked at Gary. Gary was scanning the nearby area when his eyes settled on the professor's desk.

"Did you move anything?" he called over the alarm.

"Yeah!" I gestured to the professor's desk and said, "There was a box underneath the papers but there was only some lab equipment inside!" Gary grimaced and shook his head.

"Grandpa's panic button is on his desk! You must have accidentally moved the papers or something into the button! The authorities will be here any minute! We need to go now!" Instinctively, both of us grabbed one pokeball then took off for the open window. I leaned down and swiped up my backpack before making a clean dive out the window. I tucked and rolled through the grass. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised I cleared that. With my luck I should have slammed head on into the wall but hey, I'll take what I can get. I turned to look for Gary and saw him just now climbing out the window. Sirens echoed in the distance.

"Come on, Gary! We need to go!" Gary waved his hand at me then signaled for me to go on.

"I'll be right behind you! Go to Viridian City and don't stop until you get there! If I'm not with you by then, go to Route 22! I'll meet with you there tomorrow at noon!" I hesitated a minute before nodding slowly and taking off into the night. I didn't look back as I ran through Route 1. The sounds of sirens dulled in the distance but my thoughts lingered on Gary. My grip tightened around the pokeball as I grit my teeth. I couldn't doubt Gary now. He was resourceful. He'd get away. He'd be fine.

It seemed like hours before I arrived in Viridian but there was no sign of an approaching dawn when I set foot into the city. I shivered a little and adjusted my hat. I scanned the city and spotted a hotel. My spirits lifted for a second before reality hit. I couldn't risk staying at a hotel. Not only did you need a trainer's license for that but they also kept records. Pokemon Centers didn't. That's where I'd be staying then.

I took in a deep breath and walked to the Pokemon Center. The doors slid open as I approached and I was quickly greeted by a Chancey. I gave a brief smile then walked to the counter.

"How can I help you?" Nurse Joy said from behind the counter. I looked up shyly and laughed.

"Sorry to bother you this late. I'm just starting out and I made a beginner's mistake. I misplaced my Trainer's ID. Could you possibly print me a new one?" Nurse Joy smiled broadly and laughed.

"Oh that's no problem at all. It happens all the time. Don't feel bad. And while you're here I can register any Pokemon you have to your ID. What's the name?"

"Sloane Pe-er Jackson. Sloane Jackson." Nurse Joy gave me an odd look and I quickly added, "I got my last name changed recently. Mom got a divorce and then got remarried and she wanted my name to match her's. You know the drill." Nurse Joy nodded.

"I understand. They wouldn't want you to carry on your biological father's name. Don't feel too concerned about it. It's a common practice nowadays. Girls are really the only ones who don't get their last names changed." I nodded silently and watched as Nurse Joy typed my name into the computer.

I felt fear creep up my spine as I waited for the ID to not come up for someone to see through my disguise. They'd arrest me for sure. I'd be a shame to my family and never get my chance to spend a life with Pokemon ever again. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I couldn't help but sigh with relief as my ID came up. Nurse Joy giggled and said,

"I understand. With the chances of a system error it's easy to be anxious about this sort of thing. Especially since it appears you have no Pokemon registered to your ID yet. I'm assuming you picked up your first one today?" I looked down at the pokeball in my hand then held it out to Nurse Joy.

"Yes ma'am! Would you register it for me while we're here?" Nurse Joy gave me a happy smile then took the pokeball and placed it in a scanner machine. I watched at the data of my starter Pokemon appeared on the screen. My eyes widened a little in surprise. It was a Pikachu. A honest to goodness Pikachu. Nurse Joy seemed as shocked as I was.

"Where did you find this Pikachu? They're extinct in the Kanto region, or so I thought." I gave her a shrug then said,

"I'm as surprised as you are, ma'am." It was the truth. "This was sent to me by my uncle." A lie. "He lives in Johto and they recently discovered that place called the Yellow Forest. He must have caught it there." Truth, truth, lie. Nurse Joy seemed to buy it all.

"Well, consider yourself lucky. But be careful, if people like Team Rocket see you with a Pikachu, they might try to take it from you." That was a valid point. Pikachu were worth a ton of money on the Kanto black market these days. And how I know this is none of anyone's business. Nurse Joy looked up at me and paused in her typing. "Would you like to give this Pikachu a nickname then? It is your first Pokemon after all."

I was never really good with nicknames. Sometimes they're really original but that's rare and it was usually for my imaginary friends. I racked my brain for a good nickname. I had already pre-planned nicknames for all three starters I was originally going to go for. If I had chosen Bulbasaur, I would have nicknamed it either Demeter or Adonis. If I had chosen Charmander, it would have either been Hephaestus or Hestia. If I had chosen Squirtle, it would have been either Poseidon or Calypso. A sudden trend stuck out to me and I was suddenly quite sure of the nickname I wanted to give.

"How about Zeus?" Nurse Joy smiled and nodded as she typed the nickname into the computer.

"That's a good name. It's easy to say but it's definitely unique. I'm sure your Pikachu will like it." Nurse Joy saved everything then returned the pokeball to me. "Would you like to stay here the night as well?"

"That would be wonderful, thank you." Nurse Joy turned around and picked up a giant book. She opened it and began to scan through it before looking up to see my new ID printing. She took it from the printer and placed it in front of me before skimming through the registry again.

"Here we are, room 30 is open tonight. Just go upstairs and continue down the hall. It'll be on your right. Have a nice night." I have a short nod of thanks then collected my things and went upstairs. I collapsed on the bed as soon as I made it into the room. It hadn't even been that long since I snuck out of my room but I was so tired. I set the alarm to wake me up at eleven tomorrow so I wouldn't be late to meet with Gary. Pulling the covers over myself, I stared at the pokeball on the nightstand. It felt cruel not to let the little guy out. I reached out and touched the button on the ball but suddenly I felt the weight of the hour crushing on me. I was out like a light.

"Pika?" I felt something nuzzle my face and I groaned a little. "Pika pika?" It was warm and fuzzy, really soft too. "Chu Chu!" Wait a second…

I opened my eyes and was greeted with a large round yellow face staring me straight in the eyes. It took me a minute to realize what this was. It was a Pikachu! But what was a Pikachu doing here? Suddenly the events that had occurred merely hours before came flooding back to me and I sucked in a tight breath.

"Zeus?" I asked tentatively. This brought a smile to the Pikachu's face and it twitched its ears approvingly.

"Cha! Pikachu!" I smiled and immediately pulled Zeus in tight. This was it! I was really doing this! This was actually happening!

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it. I have a Pokemon starter! And a Pikachu no less. Well, Zeus, I hope you're ready for an adventure because we're going to have a ton of fun together."

I got out of bed and just readjusted my clothing, pulled my hair into a tight bun again, then straightened my hat into the right place. Zeus climbed onto my shoulder and found the perfect spot. I checked to make sure I had everything as I packed up then put on my bag. My body was filled with so much excitement I almost forgot to tell Nurse Joy I was checking out. Almost. I checked the time and realized I still had about two hours before I met up with Gary. Well, might as well train a little and maybe catch a few Pokemon.

Making sure I had enough money, I went to the pokemart and bought ten pokeballs. The clerk was kind enough to remind me of the new laws in place. 1) Only boys were allowed to become trainers now. Girls that become trainers before a certain date may still be trainers and can still hold their position of gym leader or elite four member, but no female trainers are allowed to challenge the league if they exist. 2) Due to recent Pokemon endangerment and extinction habits, only one Pokemon per area can be caught. 3) Battle carefully, Pokemon die if they are hit too hard.

"All right, let's go to Route 2." I exited the Pokemart and walked to Route 2. Most people would start for another route, but Route 2 was home to one of my favorite species of Pokemon and I wasn't about to let my first catch be anything else. I looked at Zeus and smiled. "I really want to catch a Nidoran before we meet Gary, and maybe train you up a little if that's all right." Zeus gave me a nod and jumped down from my shoulder. We both waded into the grass and began to search around. I wasn't finding any Pokemon, let alone a Nidoran. I was starting to lose hope when a call echoed across the grass.

"Pika pika!" I turned towards Zeus's call and saw his ears above the grass. I ran over and immediately squealed with glee. There was a Nidoran male. He twitched his ears a little and looked at me carefully.

"Nido nido," he said to Zeus. Zeus pat his ears and gestures towards me.

"Pikachu! Pika!" The Nidoran looked between Zeus and I one more time before walking over to me and touching my foot. I bent down to him and gently rubbed his ears. The Nidoran seemed to like this and gave me a look of approval. I pulled a pokeball out of my bag and showed it to the Nidoran. He stared at it cautiously before looked at me again. Then, he moved over and tapped the ball. The ball sucked him in and clicked without struggle.

"Thanks, Zeus," I said, looking at the pokeball. "Now what to name him… hm… I'll call you… Akuma."

Zeus and I continued to train for the rest of the hour. We ended up venturing to Viridian Forest, Route 1, and Route 22 to catch a few more Pokemon to aid in our journey. By the time the hour was up, I had a five member team of Zeus, Akuma, Clarent the Spearow, Bruce the Pidgey, and Pastel the Butterfree. My watch beeped when it was five minutes to noon. It returned everyone, except Zeus to their pokeballs. I tried to return Zeus but he didn't seem to like his pokeball much, so he rode on my shoulder instead, which I didn't mind.

I skipped all the way to Route 22 and began to scan for Gary. My spirits fell at first, for there was no sign of the snarky brown haired boy. I waited five minutes, ten minutes, and by the time it hit fifteen minutes I was ready to turn back. I looked at Zeus and opened my mouth to tell him we were leaving when my saving grace came flying down the path.

"Sloane!" Gary called, waving his right hand in the air. I stood up from where I had been lounging and ran to him. He wrapped his right arm around me in a half hug, his left arm tucked behind his back. I noticed this immediately and smirked at him.

"Whatcha ya have there?" I asked teasingly, poking him in the chest. Gary laughed and gestured to the Pokemon League in the distance.

"I'll show you, let's just go sit down first. They have picnic tables." Gary and I walked all the way to the Pokemon League and took our seats at one of the tables outside the entrance. Before I could insist otherwise, Gary had bought us some burgers and fries from the stand nearby and he wouldn't let me pay him back.

"All right, explain." Gary finally showed me what he had been hiding. A parcel? I squinted at it then looked at Gary. "And?"

"It's from my grandfather. Long story short, I actually got caught by grandfather and he made me explain everything. But instead of punishing me, he promised not to rat us out and gave me this. I haven't looked inside yet. He said to open it with you when we next met." Gary paused then said, "I see you found out what's inside that pokeball you took though. And the Trainer ID plan worked?"

"Yeah. Nurse Joy either didn't care or wasn't suspicious. Either way, she didn't report me as far as I'm aware and she's had plenty of time to do it. And yeah, meet Zeus. He's a Pikachu, Gary. Can you believe it? These guys are extinct in Kanto, so how did you grandfather get one?" Gary just shrugged and pulled out a pokeball.

"Beats me. But good to know I'm not alone in this." Before I could ask what he meant, Gary opened the pokeball revealing an Eevee. Eevee were about in the same rarity range as Pikachu in Kanto, but a little less. Unlike Pikachu, which are completely extinct, even in captivity, in Kanto, Eevee were still alive in captivity, but they are extinct in the wild. What was Professor Oak doing with these rare Pokemon?

"An Eevee? Whoa. I'm jealous. What's it's name?" The Eevee sniffed the air then retreated to Gary. Gary pet the small fox Pokemon and looked at it.

"His name is Janus." Gary smiled and winked at me. "Because we're all about naming our starters after gods, aren't we?" Heat flushed my cheeks and I lowered my head a little as I laughed.

"Y-Yeah, we are. So should we open the parcel now?" Gary nodded and carefully opened the brown packaging. We peeked inside and Gary pulled out the contents. Two maps of Kanto and two pokedexs.

"Why would he give us these?" Gary said to no one in particular. I just shrugged and picked up one of each.

"Who cares? We got pokedexs and maps, trainer essentials. And your grandfather is letting us off the hook. I say we take what we can and keep going. The further we get away, the harder it'll be for them to track us and the sooner we reach our goal." Gary didn't look convinced but he slowly nodded his head.

"Yeah, and I think we should split up for the time being. Just to be safe. I'll try to meet up with you every city. Worse case, with pokedexs we can at least keep in contact via PokeMessage." That was a fair point. The latest Pokedex model allowed for instant messaging and calls to be made. Once registered to a trainer card, it could be set to only allow specific people to use it, so on and so forth. Professor Oak had done Gary and I a huge favor by giving us them. I pulled my Trainer Card out of my pocket and quickly registered the Pokedex to my ID. Gary did the same then we exchanged info. With that, it was time to go. I really wish we didn't have to but for now it was probably best.

"Well, Gary Oak, if I don't see you soon, smell ya later," I said with a teasing smirk. Gary laughed hard and punched my shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, smell ya later." We walked back to Viridian City together then parted ways. I went to the Pokemon Center for a quick heal up then left for Viridian Forest.

The whole forest was pretty much uneventful, just some bug catchers and easy grinding. I was in Pewter City by sunset of the same day. The gym was obviously closed by then so I spent the night at the Pewter Center and formulated a game plan. I only had two Pokemon with effective moves against Brock's rock and ground types, Akuma's double kick and Pastel's confusion. They'd be my front force but if it came to it, Bruce and Clarent would be my backup and maybe Zeus could help out a little too. I knew the little guy was disappointed he would really have a chance to participate in our first gym battle, but I assured him, he'd be the front runner for the next gym.

I messaged Gary several times that night. He was still in Viridian it seemed. He had gotten a little sidetracked but said maybe he'd catch me before I left Pewter. He also recommended I train a little more just to be sure I was prepped for the gym.

The next day came quickly and I took Gary's advise. We trained for a bit and by the time I felt confident that we could handle Brock's gym, I was in for a surprise. I had left my stuff at the center and apparently Gary had already come through Pewter and was currently tackling Mt. Moon. How he got past me without my noticing is a mystery but I assured him next time he wouldn't be able to miss me.

Brock's gym was easy. Akuma took on the gym alone, not needing any backup from Pastel. We had a close call with a critical hit from Brock's Geodude, but one potion and Akuma was back and ready to rumble. We spent another night in Pewter then started out towards Mt. Moon the next day. Pewter hadn't been much of an eventful journey, but it had been a fun one, and who knows what adventures were coming up next.

Things skipped over in the story that are semi-important:
    -I beat Gary in both rival battles
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-10-2016 at 09:16 PM.
    //// /

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Cleared Misty's Checkpoint!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the screen as proof this time around (I was at work yesterday and completely forgot), so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Time Taken: 2:56

Temporary Event Log until I get my story up:
    Spoiler:
    -caught Silver the Spearow
    -Caught Sonar the Zubat
    -boxed them both
    -near death with Clarent via super nerd's voltorb
    -near death with Bruce via fossil super nerd's Grindr
    -Akuma evolve to save Bruce
    -Praise lord helix
    -Zeus almost die due to Jessie and James's ekans
    -route 4 catch is outrage the Mankey
    -arrive at cerulean
    -box outage
    -receive Adonis the bulbasaur
    -Meet with Gary again
    -beat Gary in battle
    -Clarent dies to a Pidgey's quick attack on Nugget Bridge
    -Adonis goes into to avenge Clarent and evolves as a result
    -Bruce dies to a Mankey's low kick on Nugget Bridge
    -receive Caliburn the Charmander as a way of helping me mourn Clarent and Bruce's deaths.
    -caught Demeter the Oddish
    -Caliburn evolves
    -Meet bill
    -get SS Anne Ticket
    -box Demeter
    -beat Misty with Zeus and Adonis

Pokemon Party:

Adonis the Ivysaur
    Level 18
    Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 18
    Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, and Thunder Wave

Akuma the Nidorino
    Level 18
    Poison Sting, Tackle, Horn Attack, and Double Kick

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 18
    Tackle, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, and Confusion

Caliburn the Charmeleon
    Level 18
    Scratch, Leer, Ember, and Mega Punch

In PC
    Spoiler:

Silver the Spearow

Sonar the Zubat

Outrage the Mankey

Demeter the Oddish

The Dead
    Spoiler:

Clarent the Spearow

Bruce the Pidgey

Actual Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 2: Mountains and Seas

"Hm… why couldn't I get something more useful?" I grumbled to myself as I stared at the two Pokemon placed in the PC. I was standing in the Pokemon Center outside of Mt. Moon and had made my latest two catches, one for Route 3 and one for Mt. Moon. I had been hoping for maybe a Mankey or Sandshrew but no dice. I had gotten another Spearow and a Zubat. Seeing as I already had a Spearow and Zubat wasn't a decent battler in all reality, I had boxed them both. I had also grinded a little before this. Hopefully I'd have some more evolutions besides Pastel soon, but maybe not. Nevertheless, it was time to set out. Gary was waiting in Cerulean for me on the other side and I wanted to meet up with him as soon as I could.

Shrugging to myself, I shut down the PC and left the Pokemon Center. Zeus was currently riding on my shoulder. For now everyone was pretty much evenly leveled, but I was worried we weren't ready for what was coming in the mountain. Nevertheless, I had no doubt we could do it. The first floor of the mountain was relatively uneventful until we met a suspicious Super Nerd.

"Hey! Kid! Get out of here! We, adults, are working here!" He yelled at me as I pocketed a potion. I looked up and narrowed my eyes.

"Kid? What? Do I look like I'm ten years old?" I narrowed my eyes and growled at him. "I'll prove it to you! Let's battle!"

"If it'll get you out of here, then fine," the nerd said as he pulled a pokeball from his belt. I prepared to grab Akuma's pokeball but before I could, Clarent's pokeball opened. The Spearow jumped out instead.

"Clarent!" The Spearow turned around and pat itself on the chest. I sighed a little but conceded. I immediately saw my confidence was not misplaced. Clarent was able to take down the Super Nerd's Magnemite with ease, barely taking any damage. I decided to keep him in for the next Pokemon as well, since Clarent needed the experience. Clarent kept up the pace, dodging all the attacks and landing two critical hits, but the voltorb held on. Clarent was about to deal the finishing blow, but then the voltorb dodged with uncanny speed that caught us all off guard. Then, before Clarent could recover, the voltorb came in and hit Clarent with a hard critical hit.

"Clarent!" I screamed. The bird collapsed on the ground but still moved, which meant he was still alive. I quickly returned the Spearow to his pokeball and sent out Zeus to finish off the voltorb with a quick attack.

I dashed back to the Pokemon Center and immediately turned Clarent over to intensive care. We ended up staying the night. Bruce seemed more worried than anybody. The poor bird was best friends with Clarent, so I could see why he was stressed. I don't know what Bruce or Clarent would do if the other died. If anything, I could only hope they died together. I picked up Bruce and placed him in my lap.

"Hey, it's okay, Bruce," I said to the Pidgey as I pat his head. "Clarent's tough. He'll make it. I know it." Bruce looked up at me with watery eyes and cooed a little. "I'm sure of it, Bruce."

Light stung my eyes as morning came. I shielded my eyes with my hand and scanned the center. Mostly empty except for me and my Pokemon. I noticed Nurse Joy behind the counter and stood up. It was hard to walk. When had I fallen asleep? Nurse Joy looked up as I approached and recognized me.

"Ah! You're the Spearow's trainer right?"

"Yes ma'am," I replied, "how is he?" Nurse Joy reached behind her and picked up a pokeball. She held it out to me.

"It was touch and go throughout the night, but he stabilized this morning and has made a full recovery. His wing, which took the brunt of the attack, may be permanently damaged, but that shouldn't hinder his flying or anything, just leave a scar. Otherwise, your Spearow should be just fine." I wiped my eyes then took Clarent's pokeball.

"Thank you," I said. "I was really worried." Nurse Joy smiled and laughed a little.

"You're welcome. And thank you. It's refreshing to see a trainer care so much about his Pokemon." She started to turn away then she added, "Also your hat fell off while you were asleep. You might want to find a more secure way to keep it on if something like this happens again." My hands immediately flew to my head where my hat was placed on snugly. Nurse Joy merely smiled at me then walked with her Chansey to the back of the center.

My pulse was racing but I tried not to let it shake me. Clarent was alive and while I had been discovered, Nurse Joy hadn't ratted me out, at least, to my knowledge. I probably should leave as soon as I could though, just to ensure my own safety. I quickly returned everyone to their pokeballs except Zeus. I picked up the sleeping Pikachu and held him in my arms as I left the center and resumed my challenge to Mt. Moon.

I made sure to tackle the mountain safely this time. I didn't want to return to that Pokemon Center if I could help it. Hopefully Nurse Joy would understand. As I plunged deeper into the mountain, the spoils became greater but so did the risks. I managed to find two moon stones, something that I planned to use on Akuma later on. But I also found some suspicious looking men. It took me a minute to realize who they were.

"Team Rocket," I whispered as I watched them mine fossils from the mountain. I was formulating a plan in my head as to how I should get by without detection when I heard the rocks shift behind me. I started to turn around but couldn't react quick enough.

"Well, well, well, some snot nose brat coming to ruin our plans eh?" I felt the collar of my shirt suddenly lurch and I was lifted off the ground. I could barely see over my shoulder, but I could see two figures and what appeared to be a meowth.

"Hey! Let me go! I was just passing through. I'm trying to get to Cerulean City," I explained.

The three laughed and the Meowth stepped forward.

"Sorry, kiddo, passage's closed for now."

I was still wrapping my brain around the fact that this Meowth was talking when they threw me from my perch to the floor below. I immediately grabbed hold of my hat and Zeus, then braced for impact. It actually didn't hurt all that much when I collided with the stone floor. But I wasn't prepared for the swarms of grunts that awaited me. I grabbed my pokeballs from my belt and sent out everyone. We managed to beat out way through the crowd and got close to the exit when another one of those irritating Super Nerds stood in my way. Apparently he was sure I was here to steal his fossils and wouldn't let me past. Fine, have it your way.

The Super Nerd sent out a Grimer first. Normally I would send out Pastel but he was really weak right now, so I let Bruce lead out instead. It was like an instant replay from what happened with Clarent. Bruce did well in weakening and dodging the Grimer until the very last attack. Bruce then took an acid to the face. The bird crashed. Akuma immediately jumped out and finished the Grimer with a tackle. A glow enshrouded the Nidoran and he grew in size. When the light disappeared, I found that Akuma had evolved into a Nidorino. He easily finished off the rest of the Super Nerd's team while I sprayed Bruce down with an antidote, the only one I had left. What luck. I didn't listen much after that. I grabbed a fossil on the way out then ran as fast as I could to the exit of the cave. From the top of the hill I was on, I could see Cerulean in the distance.

"Clarent." The Spearow appeared at my side, looking at Bruce with concern. I held out Bruce to him. "Think you can carry him to Cerulean? We'll meet you there." Clarent nodded and allowed me to place Bruce on his back. I looked at Pastel. "Go with them to make sure they get there safely. Here." I handed Pastel my pokedex. "Show this to the Nurse Joy. This should show you're mine and I still own you and stuff." Pastel nodded and clutched the pokedex tight. He looked at Clarent. They nodded to each other then soared off into the distance towards Cerulean. I sighed and collapsed at the exit of the cave.

Akuma and Zeus nuzzled my side. I shook my head and placed in my hands. I couldn't believe this. I had almost lost Clarent and now Bruce. This was terrible! I was such a horrible trainer.

"Guys…" Akuma and Zeus looked up. "I'm a horrible trainer. When we get to Cerulean, I'm supposed to meet with Gary. If you want to become his Pokemon, I understand. He's a much better trainer than me. I'll set it all up and everything. Just let me know what you want to do." I felt something wet hit my arm and looked over to see Zeus crying.

"Pikachu!" He grabbed my arm and shook me lightly. "Pika pika pika! Chu! Pikachu!" Well, I'll be honest, I haven't the foggiest clue what Zeus said, but, I could see the emotions in his eyes. He didn't want to leave me. He had bonded with me in our short time. He was my starter after all. I felt something touch my other arm and looked over to see Akuma nuzzling my arm. He looked up then snorted a little, his eyes reflecting the emotions that Zeus had shown. I looked between the two and sniffled.

"Even if I'm a bad trainer? You want to stay?" Zeus and Akuma gave me encouraging nods then continued to nuzzle me. Tears traced down my cheeks as my lower lip quivered. I let out another sob then pulled the two close.

"Thank you, guys. That means a lot to me." I don't know how long we sat there like that. Eventually we got up and began to descend the mountain. On the way down, I encountered a wild Mankey and caught him. He was dubbed Outrage since Mankey have bad tempers. I didn't have much use for a Mankey at this time so I just planned to box him. Maybe when I reached the daycare I'd place him in there for side raising in case I needed him in the future.

We reached Cerulean by nightfall and immediately made our way to the Pokemon Center. I spotted Pastel and Clarent right away. They jumped up from their perch on the counter and flew over to me, greeting me with relieved hugs and cries. The Nurse Joy from behind the counter was right behind them.

"These are your Pokemon, correct? And this is your pokedex?" I fished my Trainer ID out of my bag and held it out to Nurse Joy.

"Yes ma'am. I just got here. My Pidgey was in critical condition when we exited Mt. Moon and I felt it best to send them ahead. Obviously that was probably wise since I didn't make it until now. How is my Pidgey, anyway?"

"He's recovering. You did the right thing sending your Pokemon ahead with your pokedex. We were able to admit your Pidgey right away and just in the nick of time. He might not have made it had you not gotten him here any later." I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and smiled.

"Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. I'm new at this and almost lost my Spearow yesterday. I was ready to quit after Bruce got hurt but if he's okay, then I think I'm not going to give up just yet." Nurse Joy smiled at me and said,

"Well, if you're planning to continue, a full party would be very beneficial in this time. This bulbasaur was abandoned by its trainer several weeks ago when he was fatally injured. He's all better now and I think he deserves a trainer. Would you care for him?" Nurse Joy pulled the pokeball out of her pocket and held it out to me. The story stung me in the heart and I couldn't say no. I nodded and straightened my hat.

"Yeah, I'll take care of him. What's his name?" I asked as I took the pokeball.

"His name is Adonis." Oh the irony. "He's level ten and knows tackle, growl, and leech seed." I smiled a little and clipped the ball onto my belt.

"All right, I'll head out and train him as soon as I can. Do you mind healing my Nidorino and Pikachu while I'm here?" Nurse Joy gladly healed my Pokemon and, after boxing Outrage, I was out back on the road. I returned to the patch of grass to train Adonis up a little. While I was there, I noticed a group of trainers nearby. After a brief talk with the group, I was directed to the Nugget Bridge. Supposedly it was a great place to train. Seeing as Gary was still MIA, I decided to check it out. One more stop to the Pokemon Center to heal up and then I headed out. As I approached the bridge's entrance, I heard a familiar call.

"Sloane!" I looked around and spotted Gary coming down the exit way nearby. He jumped down the ledge and ran up to me. We briefly hugged and Gary began to laugh. "Oh man, you had me worried. I expected you at least a day and a half ago. Where were you?" I sighed and shook my head.

"I had a close call with my Spearow and he had to stay in the ICU for a full day. Then I got stuck in the mountain with Team Rocket and barely made it out with my life. Then Bruce had a close call and it's… it's just been rough." Gary looked at me with sympathy and held me a little tighter.

"Hey, don't lose hope. You're still here with no losses so far. Not many can brag that." I gave him a look and he sighed. "Yeah I've lost a few already. But I'm managing. You can too. I believe in you. And I know my hope is not misplaced. Hey, I know." Gary pulled back and pulled a pokeball off his belt. "To prove it to you, why don't we battle?"

"Well I can't say no to that logic! But go easy! We don't want to kill anyone!" We stepped back and a crowd began to gather as the battlefield of grassy terrain stood before us. Gary tossed his pokeball into the air and it broke open with a flash of light. A shadow flew with incredible speed away from its pokeball and swooped down to the ground below. A Spearow!

"Meet my first catch!" Gary called across the battlefield. "His name is Cupertino!" I smirked and pulled a pokeball from my belt. Zeus whined on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"I know you have the advantage but I want to have some fun with this. Okay? I promise you'll get some action too." This seemed to satisfy Zeus. I pulled the pokeball off my belt and shouted, "Well if we're playing first catches then come on out Akuma!" I threw the pokeball into the air. It broke open and Akuma appeared on the ground. He stomped the earth three times and snorted. Gary laughed and smirked at me.

"I should have expected nothing less! All right! I get first move! Cupertino use fury attack!"

Cupertino came fast and struck true, hitting Akuma five times and taking away about half of his HP. Akuma snorted again and, at my command, charged with a horn attack that, to my surprise, Cupertino was not able to dodge. Akuma dodged the subsequent fury attack and hit Cupertino with another horn attack, then, before Cupterino got the chance to attack again, Akuma struck the Spearow with a double kick. The bird was sent flying. Akuma scanned the sky and, upon seeing the Spearow's shadow, ran under it and broke the Spearow's fall. Cupertino was KOed. Akuma walked over to Gary and let my rival take the Spearow back before returning to my side.

"Good job, Akuma. You did great. Rest for now." I returned the Nidorino to his pokeball.

"That's a very polite Nidorino you have there, Sloane," Gary called. "You two are lucky to have each other. But this next matchup won't be so easy!" Gary threw out his next pokeball. It spun a little in the air and burst open. On the ground appeared a mouse-like Pokemon with brick textured skin. "This is Gaia!"

"A Sandshrew? I'm so jealous! But she won't stand a chance against my latest addition." I spun the pokeball between my fingers and threw it into the air. Immediately Adonis jumped out, the bulbasaur tumbling into the ground. He took a battling stance and called out to Gaia. "His name is Adonis and he's a really good battler."

As if to emphasize my point, Adonis shot a leech seed at Gaia and two struck true. Gaia, in retaliation, kicked up a sand attack at Adonis but it missed. Adonis charged in and hit Gaia with a vine whip, only to be hit with several scratches in the process. The leech seeds immediately sapped Gaia's energy and replenished Adonis's. One more vine whip and Gaia was out for the count. Gary returned Gaia and sent out his next Pokemon, Bucky the Rattata. I switched out for Bruce and it was quick work. Then out came Janus and, of course, I sent out Zeus. Janus still hadn't taken on his true potential yet though and he was out sooner than anyone would have liked.

Gary and I ended up returning to the Pokemon Center to heal up then deciding to part ways for the time. Gary wanted to challenge Misty and I really wanted to go see Bill and challenge the Nugget Bridge. We agreed to meet up later and then headed our separate ways. The Nugget Bridge turned out to be really fun for the first two trainers. Both were good sports and tough battlers. The third trainer was a complete sore loser though and ended up forcing the fourth trainer to swear to exact revenge on me. Course, I wasn't worried since my team was above level of his. We ended facing off in an aerial fight.

Clarent and this guy's Pidgey continued to exchange blows and Clarent had the obvious upper hand. I grabbed Clarent's pokeball, preparing to return him when I heard a sickening sound and something wet hit my face. I didn't need to touch my face to know what happened. Clarent's body hit the bridge and he didn't move. Adonis jumped out of his pokeball and showed no mercy to the Pidgey as I quickly scrambled for Clarent's body. The tears came quick, their warmth like Clarent's life, not lasting long enough. I could hear the third trainer's voice echoing in the background. He was gloating or something. The fourth trainer was in shambles though, sobbing over his Pidgey. I heard someone yell and saw the fifth trainer approach. Before I could react, he sent out his Mankey.

His Mankey charged and I didn't even try to dodge. I was petrified, still processing Clarent's death. I heard a pokeball open and another loud sickening crack soon following. More blood coated the bridge and I screamed. Bruce had taken the blow for me. Adonis showed no mercy in this kill either and took out the Team Rocket member at the end of the bridge as well.

I walked as a hollow shell, carrying the two birds as we reached an area that appeared to be a small graveyard. My partners and I dug small holes for the two birds, then placed them inside. Adonis added a stick cross marker to each. I don't know how long we sat there, but I didn't move until someone shook my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see the first and second trainers from the bridge, Marshall and Hannah. I didn't really register what they were saying, but it was something about condolences and apologies. The next thing I knew, a pokeball was pressed into my hand and the two were gone.

I ended up returning to the Pokemon center that night and spent the whole next day there as well. Gary called and called, but I couldn't bring myself to answer. Eventually, Zeus brought me to my senses. The Pikachu shook me and got me out of bed. He brought me back to the route and led me along through all my trainer duties. We ended up catching an Oddish that I named Demeter but I boxed her pretty quickly. I also discovered the Pokemon given to me was a charmander and I taught it Mega Punch. As the now team of five made their way to Bill's house, Caliburn, the charmander, caught up to the team level wise. Soon enough, he evolved as well. Then we met Bill.

It was a really weird experience that I quickly put out of my head, since the only good part was getting an SS Anne Ticket. The gym battle was sooner than I would have liked, but it mattered not because the battle was a breeze. Zeus and Adonis took the gym by storm, without my commanding them. I felt better after the battle, since the badge meant I was still a good trainer… right?
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    //// /

4. This post has been liked by:

I believe you wholeheartedly Nobii. Even though you stole my wife xD

Anyways, here's your grade!

Points Total: 10 (poke caught) - 4 (poke dead) + 1 (checkpt on time) + 1 (checkpoint on time) + 4 (nuzlocke thread) + 3 (creativity & humor) = 15
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

6. This post has been liked by:

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Cleared Lightning Warlord (aka Lt Surge) Checkpoint!

Time Taken: 5:30 (pretty much double the time it took me the time to get to Brock. XD)

Spoiler:

Party:

Akuma the Nidoking
    Level 25
    Moves: Poison Sting, Thrash, Horn Attack, and Seismic Toss

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 23
    Moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, and Thunder Wave

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 23
    Moves: Tackle, Flash, Sleep Powder, and Confusion

Arkansas the Kadabra
    Level 23
    Moves: Teleport, Confusion, Disable, and Body Slam

Caliburn the Charmeleon
    Level 23
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember, and Mega Punch

Adonis the Ivysaur
    Level 24
    Moves: Tackle, Cut, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Clarent the Spearow

Bruce the Pidgey

PC:
    Spoiler:

Sire the Magikarp
    Level 5

Anthony the Rattata
    Level 15

Sonar the Zubat
    Level 7

Silver the Spearow
    Level 8

Outrage the Mankey
    Level 9

Demeter the Oddish
    Level 12

Parkinson the Pidgey
    Level 17

Squeaker the Diglett
    Level 18

Basic Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Script for Chapter 3
    -capture Arkansas the Abra
    -put Arkansas in daycare
    -take underground path
    -captured Parkinson the Pidgey
    -box Parkinson
    -obtain bike voucher
    -get bike
    -got old rod
    -caught squeaker the diglett
    -retrieved Arkansas from daycare
    -gave him rare candy
    -Arkansas evolve
    -caught Anthony the Rattata
    -sent to PC
    -caught Sire the Magikarp
    -sent to PC
    -boarded the SS Anne
    -found TM08
    -taught Arkansas Body Slam
    -kill Gary's Rattata
    -get HM01 Cut
    -Teach Cut to Adonis
    -go through Diglett's cave
    -obtain HM05 Flash
    -go to Pewter City
    -obtain Old Amber
    -teach Flash to Pastel
    -Evolve Akuma into Nidoking
    -challenge gym
    -Akuma tanks a self destruct
    -get lock undone after 3 tries
    -beat Lt. Surge without taking a hit
    -10:03

Story Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 3: I've Seen Too Many Things Kid

I positioned myself carefully in the grass. This route was special and if I could only catch the first Pokemon I saw here, it had to be the one. I breathed in silently, held it, then exhaled. Pastel was perched on my back, poised for battle. I'm not sure really how long we had been sitting there, but then I saw it. An Abra!

"Pastel, use sleep powder quick!" Pastel was off like a shot. That Abra didn't know what it had coming to it. Soon enough, I was the proud owner of an Abra named Arkansas. As great as that was though, I was stumped with what to do with this guy. He only knew teleport and I didn't have any TMs to teach him.

"Hey, young laddy!" I was confused for a second before remembering I was posing as a boy and that the voice must be calling out to me. I looked up, adjusting my hat. Standing by a house nearby was an old man. "I see you just caught an Abra, and judging by the look on your face, I'd say you can't figure out how to raise it. Why don't you give him here? I'll raise him for you and I'll update you what level he is whenever you return."

"How much?"

"100 poke just to hold him, then another 100 for each level." That wasn't a bad deal actually. I looked down at Arkansas's pokeball then walked over to the man and handed him over.

"I'll be sure to check back soon. Take good care of him for me!" I started to head out when the man called out to me again. I turned around and saw him pointing somewhere behind me.

"I recommend, if you want to get to Vermillion City, take the Underground Path! It's quicker and easier than trying to navigate through Saffron this time of year!" I thanked the man and immediately took his advice, descending down the stairs to the path below. It was somewhat dark but with Caliburn and Zeus at my side, it wasn't any big deal. We made it to the other side in no time flat.

The sun kind of hurt when we exited the tunnel. I could barely make out where I was walking before I got attacked by something. In a complete and utter panic, I threw a pokeball. The next thing I knew, I heard a click. I rubbed my eyes until they focused and saw the pokeball before me. I scanned it with my pokedex and felt tears sting the backs of my eyes.

"A Pidgey. Of course it's a Pidgey," I mumbled, picking up the pokeball. As useful as it might be, I had zero intentions on training another Pidgey so soon. I just couldn't bring myself to replace Bruce so quickly. I'd box… Parkinson as soon as we reached the next Pokemon center.

After a few tedious, but necessary, Pokemon battles, I made it to Vermillion. I headed straight to the Pokemon Center, healed my team, and boxed Parkinson. Then I decided to explore the town. It was a useful journey. By visiting a house near the Pokemon center, I was able to obtain an Old Rod, which I immediately used to catch a magikarp named Sire. I boxed him as well.

I then dared to venture to a place I hoped to never set foot in again, but had to in case it was of some significance. The Pokemon Fan Club. It's a dangerous and vile place that few dare to tread unless for good reason. Some go there as a test of strength, some for a dare, but I was here for a much better reason. I was here for a bike voucher.

The place was much more horrifying than I could have imagined. As soon as I opened the doors my eyes felt themselves splitting at the seams. It was so… pink. Lace, gracefulness, pictures, everything was just so… girly. And in the center of it all was an old man discussing his Rapidash. I approached cautiously and sat down, allowing the man to discuss his tale. However, I barely listened, for my brain could only take so much of this at one time. But it was well worth the pain, because I exited that place with a little more hair on my chest and a bike voucher in my hand.

I quickly returned to Cerulean City, got my well earned bicycle, then rode back to where the daycare was. Arkansas was level fifteen when I picked him up, and one rare candy later, he was a level sixteen Kadabra. Finally I could train him. I quickly returned to Vermillion and dared to venture east. I went to Diglett's Cave and the route next door, catching (and boxing) a Diglett named Squeaker and a Rattata named Anthony. Several sessions of grinding later, I finally felt confident enough to board the SS Anne.

The SS Anne is dangerous, much like the Pokemon Fan Club, but for very different reasons. It had some of the strongest trainers in the world traveling on one big boat. In these days, it's difficult to face up to such a challenge, but it was what it was. So I flashed the sailors my ticket and boarded the ship. It was a very lucrative grinding session. Several battles and the entire ship raided later, everyone was at level twenty or higher. One of the shipmates told me the captain was a cut master, which I figured was essential to reach Lieutenant Surge's gym (there was a suspicious looking tree there after all) so I decided to make my way there. I climbed the deck to reach the main outer deck of the ship and low and behold, whom should appear before me? Gary Oak.

"Gary!" I immediately called out. My rival was leaning against the railing of the ship, gazing out over the sea with a fascination I had never seen in his eyes before. My calling his name snapped him out of his trance. He looked up at me and my heart fluttered a little when a wide smile pulled at his lips.

"Sloane! I should have figured you would show up!" I ran up to him and Gary quickly trapped me in his embrace. I felt a pink tint hit my face. Gary had never grabbed me first, it was always me that had to initiate contact! My thoughts were racing a million miles a minute, trying to figure this out when Gary whispered in my ear, "They're onto you." I froze.

"What?" I whispered.

"I saw it in the paper this morning. They've filed missing persons reports for both of us and the police are hunting us down. The only reason it took them this long was because they couldn't get a good track on our movements. But… there was a leak." Before he said it, I knew exactly who had ratted me out. "The Nurse Joy that services the Pokemon Center reported having seen you enter Mt. Moon. You exited a bit later and stayed the night while she cared for your Spearow. She said your hat had fallen off during the night and she saw your hair. After a little research, she discovered your true identity."

"That's so weird." Gary gave me a weird look and I scratched my head. "Well that was almost a week ago. Why wait until now to report it? Plus… she said she'd keep it a secret." Gary's expression grew dark and he looked back out at the ocean.

"They're using unorthodox methods." Now it was my turn to give Gary the weird look. He sighed and said, "They showed what they did to get that information out of that Nurse Joy. It was not pretty. They've threatened to do the same to anyone else suspected of knowing anything unless they come forward with any information. The good news is, so far, it seems no one else has come forward."

Guilty doesn't cover how I felt. I couldn't imagine what that Nurse Joy went through to keep my secret, nor did I want to. And others could possibly suffer the same fate? Did that include the gym leaders? Other trainers? Gary, himself? I felt panic rise in my chest and I grabbed the railing to help keep my balance. Gary immediately grabbed onto me as I began to hyperventilate. What was I doing? What had I just caused? I was breaking the law and people were suffering for it!

"I can't continue…" I whispered. Gary's eyes widened and I felt his hold on my arms tighten. "People… they're going to get hurt if I go on. I can't… I can't let that happen. I have to turn myself in."

"No." I looked up into Gary's eyes and saw the immense torture within them. His entire expression swirled with pain and agony. "You can't, Sloane. Think about all the women in the world who can't legally own Pokemon unless they are born into the Joy or Jenny family. Even the Gym Leaders are soon going to be replaced, as soon as the Elite Four can get their replacements. I hear they are even bringing in ex-gym leaders from Unova to replace Misty and Erika. They're losing their partners, their closest friends, all of that because our region, no our whole world, can't seem to accept that women are capable of being trainers. Sloane, if anyone can put a stop to this, it's you. Please, don't give up just yet. Obviously that Nurse Joy believed in you if she kept your secret for so long. I have no doubt, even now, that she's worried about you and hopes you'll continue your journey. So please, don't do that to her. Don't make her think her torture just brought another person to submission. Please, Sloane."

I was at a loss for words. I was about to continue to protest when I remembered someone important.

"Bugsy," I whispered. Bugsy, my cousin, was a prime example of why I should continue. Bugsy is the bug type gym leader in Johto, and often gets mistaken as a girl, but that's because, not too long ago, he was one. Bugsy became a gym leader several years ago, right before these laws came into place and Johto was much stricter with their replacement policy. They came after Bugsy first, since he was the newest and tried to take away his gym, his Pokemon, and his treasured partner, Scythe. Bugsy wasn't going to let that happen, so he made the necessary changes to keep it all. Bugsy had always told me that he felt closer to guys than girls, but after the change, Bugsy told me that he wishes he didn't have to make that change just to keep his Pokemon.

"Your cousin?" Gary asked. I nodded. Gary realized what I meant and nodded in return. "Yeah, you're fighting for people like him too. You can't give in just yet, Sloane." He paused then added, "Maybe we should lay low for a bit. The SS Anne does go to Johto. We could get off there and either stay there or go to another region. Lay low for a bit then come back or take on the league there."

That was a tempting offer. My dad did live in Ecruteak City and Bugsy was in Azalea Town. I had no doubt either of them would grant us shelter. Plus, a fresh start in another region might be a good idea as well. Sinnoh was lovely this time of year, I had heard.

"Yeah, that could work. Lay low, relax, train, start over. That could be nice." Gary smiled and laughed.

"So it's decided then, we're leaving Kanto for the time being. This is going to be an adventure. Oh man, if only Mom could see me now." Gary laughed again and I smiled. He did love his mom, and stories said she had run away from home at our age for her own adventure. I don't doubt she would be proud of her son if she could see him today. Sadly, she had disappeared on her journey some time ago and I knew Gary was worried sick. Who knows though? We might just run into her on our adventure.

"This is going to be awesome. Though, I do still want to get the HM Cut from the Captain. Could be very useful in the future." Gary nodded his head and then pat my shoulder.

"Thinking ahead, I like it." So we departed from the deck to head to the top of the ship. There we found the Cut Master seasick. After a quick massage and some tea, he was feeling much better and gave us each the HM Cut for our troubles. Adonis was all for learning the move.

Gary and I exited the Captain's Room and began to walk down the corridor together. We found the rooms we were supposed to be staying in for the trip, right across the hall from one another. I was a little upset that because of my identity I couldn't wear a bathing suit on the docks, but Gary assured me it was okay. We were already making plans of what to do for the trip when the ship sounded for departure. Gary and I went out onto the deck to watch the SS Anne leave port.

We leaned against the railing, looking out over the waters of the Vermilion Port. Soon we would be out of here and in another region. That was a pleasant thought. One day we would return, but today we left to start another journey. Then I heard something weird. It took me a minute to realize what it was. Sirens.

"Freeze, criminals!" I spun around to find an Officer Jenny and her squad on the dock. Gary sucked in a breath and looked at me for a second before looking back at the Officer.

"Now, Officer Jenny, we don't-"

"I said freeze!" A bubble attack hit the ground right in front of where Gary stood. Officer Jenny smirked as her squirtle stepped forward. I frowned. This was no good. I began to scan the nearby area but it seemed like everywhere except where the ship was docked was swarmed with cops. Ocean? Cops. Deck? More cops. Sky? Helicopter cops. I looked at Gary and saw him looking at me. We had the same idea. Slowly, I reached for a pokeball on my belt. Before Officer Jenny could react, I sent out two Pokemon, Akuma and Pastel.

"Akuma!" The Nidorino turned around just in time to see me throw a moon stone. He caught it and crashed onto the deck. He roared and motion for the Squirtle to come at him. Gary quickly sent out his Rattata and Sandshrew. That was the catalyst.

"Not going down without a fight, eh? Fine! We'll just kill all your Pokemon and make you come with us." A surge of growlithe, led by the squirtle came at us. Akuma and Pastel showed their obvious superiority, able to either one hit KO or two hit KO each growlithe that came their way. Gary's Pokemon were showing similar results. For a little bit, it looked like we were winning, until a purple movement caught my eye. Gary's Rattata was facing off against Officer Jenny's Squirtle, and the Rattata was taking a beating. I looked over just in time to see the Squirtle take down the Rattata, one hit away from the kill.

"Kill it!" I heard Officer Jenny yell. The Squirtle hesitated and let out a cry in protest. "Just do it!" The Squirtle stood his ground on the issue though, refusing to move. "Fine! Growlithe! Finish it off." This caught the Squirtle off guard and before it could move to protect the Rattata, the growlithe charged in and sank its fangs into the rattata's neck.

"Bucky!" Gary shouted. I saw Pastel sweep in and use confusion at a power I had never witnessed before. The Growlithe was dead in seconds. However, in doing so, Pastel took an ember to the wings. He crashed right in front of the Squirtle.

"Pastel!" I shrieked. The Squirtle looked back at Officer Jenny then sprayed water on Pastel, putting out of the flames. He picked up Pastel and ran over to me. I took the Butterfree into my arms and smiled at the Squirtle. "Thank you." The Squirtle nodded then sprayed a bubble attack at the remaining growlithes. Gary managed to get hold of Bucky's body but we were still trapped.

"Sloane," Gary whispered, "can you use Caliburn to get us to the docks?" I immediately understood his plan. Returning Pastel to his pokeball, I sent out Caliburn.

"Caliburn, create a smokescreen for us!" The Charmeleon released a large amount of smoke into the area. I returned Akuma and Caliburn to their pokeballs then ran for the steps, where the dock was to be. Gary and the Squirtle were right behind me as we made it to the steps. I reached the bottom of the steps and froze in horror to see we were already undocked. It wasn't that far of a jump though. "We're going to have to jump!" I called out above the noise. Gary said something back but I couldn't hear him. I took a few steps back, then took off and jumped. I collided with the docks hard, my jaw hitting first and splinters going everywhere. I could barely scramble out of the way in time for Gary to hit the dock next. I looked around for the Squirtle and saw his head bobbing in the water below. We regrouped at the shore and tended to the wounds. We gave Bucky a proper burial then looked at the SS Anne in the distance.

"Well, looks like we're continuing our journey here," I said quietly. Gary nodded solemnly. He looked at me with hollow eyes and I could see in the pain in them. I cleared my throat awkwardly and tried to think of something to say. Anything. Eventually I just settled for hugging him. Gary pulled me into a tight embrace and sobbed silently into my shoulder. I didn't want to be the one to tell Gary we'd need to move on soon, but it was looking that way. The sun was setting, the police would be back by morning, and the gym would close soon.

"You should go," I heard him whisper. My brows furrowed in confusion. "If we're together they'll catch us easier. Go, challenge the gym. I'll lay low for a bit then come challenge the gym myself."

"Gary, I-"

"Don't protest. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. We'll see each other again. I promise. Just go." I tried to protest further but Gary wouldn't budge. He released me and smiled. "I believe in you." Then, he turned his back to me and ran off towards Diglett's Cave. I started to follow when I felt a tug on my pants. I looked down. It was the Squirtle. He looked honestly guilty. I bent down to the Squirtle and pat his head.

"This isn't your fault. You tried to stop them. You did no wrong." The Squirtle looked up at me with watery eyes and hugged me tightly. That's when I had an idea. "Would you like to travel with me? I know I'm no police officer, but I plan to bring justice to this region as well. You could grow stronger and help fight the injustice in this region." The Squirtle hesitated, thinking it over before nodding. I smiled. "Welcome to the team… uh… do you have a name?" The Squirtle shook his head. "How does Mason sound then?" The Squirtle's eyes lit up and he nodded intently. I smiled, took out a pokeball and caught the Squirtle. Then I sent out everyone to meet Mason.

While greetings were being exchanged, I finally got a chance to look at Pastel. It wasn't good. He was stuck to the ground. Pastel's wings were severally burnt, most of them having been burnt off by the ember. I could see the pain in Pastel's expression as he testingly flapped his wings. I sat down next to the Butterfree and pat his head.

"I understand if you don't want to continue in our journey. I could box you, and take you out on occasion when I need you or when you want to." Pastel nodded a little and I smiled. "Okay, next time we get to a PC, I'll put you in."

With everything all sorted out, I healed everyone with the items I had, then went to the gym. It was fifteen minutes before they closed when I walked in. The trainers were complete jokes. One of them even forced his voltorb to use self destruct on Akuma, but Akuma tanked like the boss he was. We reached Lt Surge after three tries at his puzzle. His Raichu was waiting for us but it couldn't even land a hit on Akuma. Akuma crushed it with three seismic tosses and a poison sting.

With the next badge in hand, I left the gym and went to Diglett's cave. I followed it through and returned to just outside Pewter City. I decided to spend the night in that Pokemon Center for the time being. When I awoke the next day, I explored the nearby areas with cut in hand. I managed to get the HM Flash, another moon stone, and an old Amber from the journey, but soon enough I heard rumors of what had happened in Vermilion and decided it was time to move on. Nearly three days after the SS Anne and Bucky's death, I returned to Cerulean City to challenge the Rock Tunnel.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-29-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    //// /

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Checkpoint: Reach Lavender Town: Cleared!
    Time Taken: 2:38
    Spoiler:

Party:

Akuma the Nidoking
    Level 27

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 26
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Slam, and Thunder Wave

Mason the Wartortle
    Level 26
    Moves: Bite, Bubblebeam, Bubble, and Water Gun

Arkansas the Kadabra
    Level 26
    Moves: Teleport, Confusion, Disable, and Body Slam

Caliburn the Charmeleon
    Level 24
    Moves: Scratch, Rage, Ember, and Mega Punch

Adonis the Ivysaur
    Level 26
    Moves: Tackle, Cut, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Clarent the Spearow

Bruce the Pidgey

PC:
    Spoiler:

Sire the Magikarp
    Level 5

Anthony the Rattata
    Level 15

Sonar the Zubat
    Level 7

Silver the Spearow
    Level 8

Outrage the Mankey
    Level 9

Demeter the Oddish
    Level 12

Parkinson the Pidgey
    Level 17

Squeaker the Diglett
    Level 18

Exxon the Magnemite
    Level 20

Obsidian the Geodude
    Level 16

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 23

Daycare:
    Spoiler:

Papillion the Nidorina
    Level 19+

Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    -obtain Mason the Squirtle
    -temporarily box Pastel to raise Mason
    -teach Mason Bubble beam and Water gun via TM
    -Mason evolved in wartortle
    -catch Papillion the Nidoran Female (level 18)
    -level up Papillion
    -Papillion evolves into Nidorina
    -Put Papillion into Daycare
    -Caught Exxon the Magnemite (level 20)
    -Temp swap Caliburn for Pastel
    -Obsidian the Geodude was caught (level 16)
    -Mason is poisoned in Rock Tunnel
    -make it to lavender town just in time
    -swap Pastel back for Caliburn
    -12:01

Story Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    I spent several days training in the Diglett Tunnel. It was a gold mine for EXP and a great place to train Mason. I used two of the TMs I found earlier to give Mason a better moveset, then started grinding. By the end of the second day, I had a wartortle on my team. I spent a total of four days in the tunnel before heading to Pewter and hiking through Mt. Moon again. I wasn't going to risk being seen in Vermillion City so the longer route was obviously the safest. I arrived in Cerulean City about a week and half after Bucky's death.

I tried to put the memory aside as I exited Cerulean City in the direction of Rock Tunnel. Given Saffron City was currently off limits, this was my next best bet. The ledges were a rough go at first, as there were large amounts of trainers around and all were eager for battle. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the journey, especially when we happened upon a patch of grass. I was ready for our next encounter. Akuma was at my side and ready for battle. We began to search through the grass when suddenly, Akuma froze. I waded over to the Nidoking.

"Akuma, what's wrong?" That's when I saw her. It was a wild Nidoran female, and from the way the two were looking at each other, I could guess easily that they were acquainted. "Akuma, do you know her?" The Nidoking nodded his head and bent down to some nearby dirt. He drew a heart in the dirt and then smiled at the Nidoran female. She did the Pokemon equivalent of blushing and let out a cute little cry. While I don't speak Pokemon, I could understand what was going on here. These two knew each other somehow and really liked each other. Well, good thing I hadn't caught anything on this route yet.

I bent down next to the Nidoran female. She seemed wary of me, but Akuma made a gesture and growled, which seemed to calm her down. I smiled and pulled out a pokeball.

"You and Akuma seem pretty close, and it would be cruel to ignore that and move on. So, I'll make you and offer. If you want, I can catch you. You probably won't be on the active team, but you and Akuma will be able to see each other whenever I can manage. Does that sound okay?" Akuma's eyes lit up at the proposition and he nodded to me. Seeing Akuma's assurance, the Nidoran female nodded her head as well. I held out the pokeball and tapped it gently against the female's head. It caught her without a struggle. "I'll call you, Papillion." I sent the girl back out and fished something out of my backpack. She looked at me curiously as I held out a rare candy. "You're a high enough level to evolve, and this will help get you there. I don't have a moon stone on me, those are in storage, but I can at least make you a Nidorina." The candy was gone as soon as I said that and a white light consumed Papillion.

Papillion grew in size and soon there was a Nidorina before us. She nuzzled Akuma and let out a joyful cry at me. I returned everyone to their pokeballs after a bit and biked back to the daycare. I deposited Papillion into the daycare then resumed my journey. I had a smile on my face and couldn't keep back the happiness I felt. It was nice to know, even in my own complications of life, some could have joy.

The rest of the journey to Rock Tunnel was fairly uneventful. I ended up catching a Magnemite I named Exxon outside the cave but other than that, I didn't do much. I ended up swapping out Caliburn for Pastel because I needed flash to navigate the tunnel. As soon as we got in, I was attacked by a geodude. I managed to catch it and named it Obsidian.

Rock Tunnel was a lot more difficult journey than I anticipated. Despite all the training I did in Diglett's Cave, this place was on an entirely new level. The trainers were out for blood and battled dirty. There was several close calls, sometimes more than one per trainer. I was lucky I packed a lot of super potions, but I hated myself for not packing any status healing items. By the time I could see the light from the end of the cave, two of my Pokemon were paralyzed, one was asleep, and one was burned. I tried to rush to get outside when one more trainer grabbed me. I reluctantly agreed to his challenge. Sending out Mason, we took down his first two Pokemon with ease. But then came out the Oddish. It was somehow faster than Mason and managed to nail him with a poison powder before I could command him to dodge. I immediately return Mason and sent out Akuma to finish the Oddish off. I mounted my bike and broke out of the cave.

Nobody tried to stop me on my way out. I had my pokedex open in the basket of my bike, watching Mason's health. It was dropping fast and I didn't have time to apply a potion. Lavender Town was in sight, but I had less than twenty HP to go. By the time I reached the inside of town, he was within ten points of dying. I made it to the center with one HP to spare. They treated Mason immediately. While I waited for him to come out of the ICU, I swapped Pastel back for Caliburn then called the daycare. Akuma seemed delighted to see Papillion again, but we all were all pretty down about Mason. I ended up having to rent a room for the night and didn't get to see my wartortle again until the morning. He was fine, but Mason didn't seem keen on battling too soon. I was all right with this decision, since Caliburn needed to play a little catchup anyway.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-30-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    //// /

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

The Peeping Tom Checkpoint has been cleared!
    Time Taken: 2:38

Spoiler:

Party:

Akuma the Nidoking
    Level 30

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 30

Mason the Wartortle
    Level 30

Arkansas the Kadabra
    Level 30
    Moves: Psybeam, Confusion, Disable, and Body Slam

Caliburn the Charmeleon
    Level 30
    Moves: Scratch, Rage, Ember, and Mega Punch

Adonis the Ivysaur
    Level 30
    Moves: Tackle, Cut, Razor Leaf, and Vine Whip

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Clarent the Spearow

Bruce the Pidgey

PC:
    Spoiler:

Sire the Magikarp
    Level 5

Anthony the Rattata
    Level 15

Sonar the Zubat
    Level 7

Silver the Spearow
    Level 8

Outrage the Mankey
    Level 9

Demeter the Oddish
    Level 12

Parkinson the Pidgey
    Level 17

Squeaker the Diglett
    Level 18

Exxon the Magnemite
    Level 20

Obsidian the Geodude
    Level 16

Hannah the Jigglypuff
    Level 24

Corey the Jigglypuff
    Level 19

Nike the Eevee
    Level 25

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 23

Daycare:
    Spoiler:

Papillion the Nidorina
    Level 19+

Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 5 Event Log:
    -Go to Pokemon Tower
    -Encounter Gary
    -Beat Gary
    -caught Hannah the Jigglypuff (level 24)
    -caught Corey the Jigglypuff (level 19)
    -received Nike the Eevee (level 25)
    -got coin case
    -challenge Erika
    -beat Erika
    -14:41

Story Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Traveling back to Rock Tunnel to finish off the remaining trainers then heading to the route next to Lavender Town proved to be a worthwhile experience. Caliburn was soon caught up with everyone on the team, I caught a Jigglypuff on the route, and we were ready to continue on. But, before I left, I had to do one thing. I gazed at the Pokemon Tower as I stood at the entrance. It was the place meant to honor the dead, and while I didn’t carry their bodies with me, I still had their pokeballs. It was time to give Bruce and Clarent a proper burial.

I stepped inside the tower and made my way to the desk. The woman did not look up from the book she was writing in. I sighed and fished out my wallet.

“Two graves, please,” I said quietly. The lady barely glanced up and took my money. She scribbled down in her book then replied with,

“Second floor, row T, section 3, graves 23 and 24." The woman reached behind her and pulled out two tombstones along with what appeared to be a paintbrush with a black paint bucket. "The graves will be open. Place the pokeballs, bodies, or both into the graves, label the tombstones, then set the tombstones in place. Later tonight they'll be covered by the grave crew."

I bowed and mumbled my thanks before turning to the stairs. I climb up to the second floor. Unlike the first floor, which had been crowded and filled with tombstones, the second floor was oddly vacant. There were much less tombstones here but still quite a few. I shuffle through the graves, scanning the symbols for the ones I had just purchased. I find them far quicker than I would have liked. Kneeling down in front of the graves, I set the tombstones, paint brush, and paint bucket to the side. The first thing I do is send out my whole team, and Pastel. I had asked the Nurse Joy at the center if it was all right to bring him along since we planned to honor our dead and Pastel had been very close to them. She said as long as I refrained from using him in battle, I was not breaking any laws. Oh the irony.

My seven Pokemon surrounded the graves. Caliburn and Mason were not as upset looking as the others, and I could not blame them, since neither had known Bruce or Clarent. But I appreciated that they were still doing their best to honor the birds' memories and comfort the others who knew them. I reached into my bag and pulled out the two pokeballs. I felt my grip tighten on them and tears welled in my eyes. I sucked in a shaky breath and gently placed each pokeball into their respective graves. My tears traced down my face and dropped into the graves as I stared at the pokeballs. I had been so careless that day, letting my pride get the best of me. Clarent and Bruce had died as a result. But, at the same time, their sacrifice had not been in vain. Had those two not died, I would not have realized that my journey would not be some walk in the park. Their deaths were the reason that I didn't lose anyone on the SS Anne. I didn't doubt that, had those two been watching over me that day, they would know their deaths were for the betterment of myself as a trainer.

I reached over to the tombstones and set the first one in my lap. I took the paintbrush and began to write on the tombstone. This one would be Clarent's.
    "Clarent the Spearow: You saved our lives more than once, and without you, I would not be the trainer I am today. Hopefully you are watching over me and are granting me safe passage for the rest of my journey." I signed my name at the bottom (just my first), then saw there was ample space at the bottom for other signatures. I set the tombstone down and help out the bucket to the others. Each Pokemon placed their paw, hand, and claws into the bucket, then left a print on the tombstone next to my name. I left the tombstone aside to dry, then set out to do Bruce's stone next.
    "We met on Route 1, and while many trainers would have ignored you, I didn't pass you up. You were my second catch, and I had hoped to take you all the way, but it was not meant to be. You sacrificed your life for mine, and for that I am eternally grateful. Please watch over me a little longer, and I hope to make sure you did not die in vain." My Pokemon and I signed the tombstone then waited for it to dry before setting both stones in place. I'm not sure how long passed as we stared at the tombstones, but I didn't move until I heard someone approach. I looked up and saw a familiar face.

"So you came to honor your dead too?" Gary said as he knelt down next to me. I nodded slowly and looked back at the graves next to me. Gary reached out and pat my shoulder. "They were good Pokemon. I know they're proud of you, just like me. They wouldn't have sacrificed themselves the way they did had they not cared about you." I smiled a little but noticed the sadness in Gary's eyes.

"I have no doubt Bucky felt the same way too," I replied. Gary smiled just briefly before glancing back at my graves. I then took note that he was holding two tombstones, not just one. Oh no. "Gary…" He looked up at me and sighed as the unasked question hung in the air.

"Cupertino," Gary answered quietly. "A police officer took him down when I was fleeing Vermillion." I saw Gary's eyes begin to glisten and I pulled him into a tight hug. "I lost my first catch, Sloane. My very first catch, and he's gone because I was careless." I rubbed Gary's back silently and just let him cry. Gary had done the same for me before, now it was my turn to return the favor.

"Just like you told me, Gary, I know Cupertino and Bucky cared about you. They wouldn't have stood by your side and fought with you had they not felt the way they did. I mean, I have no doubt our Pokemon know what we're doing isn't legal, but they're fighting alongside us. They wouldn't do that unless they truly cared about us. Plus, Gary, think about it. There's no way you're the only person to ever lose their first catch. And while it may be the hardest to lose, that doesn't make you any less of a trainer." I reached behind me and pulled out the paintbrush I had been using. "Here, you sign Clarent and Bruce's tombstones, and I'll sign Bucky's and Cupertino's."

Gary and his team ended up signing my pokemon's tombstones and my team and I returned the favor on his. Gary placed the pokeballs of his lost Pokemon inside the graves and once again silence fell over us. Gary wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him as we stared at the graves. We began to make small talk, telling stories of our lost Pokemon. Hearing the way Gary spoke of Bucky and Cupertino, I could feel how much he missed them and how much they had cared for him. I hoped I conveyed the same feelings in my stories of Clarent and Bruce. We didn't move until I heard sirens outside.

At first, I disregard the noise, until it drew eerily close to the tower, then I heard a car door slam. I stiffened and Gary noticed. He gave me an odd look before he took note of the sirens as well. He opened his mouth to say something to me when Officer Jenny's voice echoed over a microphone.

"Sloane Jackson and Gary Oak! We know you are in there! You are under arrest for multiple felonies! Come out quietly or we will exercise force to get you out of the tower."

"We gotta move," I said, standing up and returning everyone to their pokeballs. Gary did the same but he gave me a worried look.

"To where? The only way out is up and unless you have a Pokemon than can fly yet, we're stuck." Darn Gary and his ability to bring up valid points. A plan began to formulate in my head when I heard a banging downstairs.

"I have an idea but we need to move!" I grabbed Gary's hand and yanked him to the stairs. We bolted up to the third floor as I scrambled through my bag. As we reached the stairs to the fourth floor, I shoved the TM for Dig into Gary's hands. "Teach this to your Sandshrew! The tower backs up to the range of mountains." We ran up to the fourth floor. "He can dig you out and get you to safety. Do you have a Pokemon that knows flash?"

"Yes." I nodded as we ran to the fifth floor and then I stopped. "Those walls without the windows, go through there. Behind the staircase, dig there. I'll cover the hole to buy you some time."

"No! Sloane, what about you?" I smiled at Gary and winked.

"I have a Kadabra that knows teleport." Gary grabbed my arm roughly and shook his head.

"No, Sloane, I'm not leaving you this time. I can't." Gary looked to the side and I saw his eyes filling with an emotion I hadn't ever detected in them before. Could it be…? "I can't keep worrying about you. I spend all my time, all my prayers, everything, trying to make sure that you're okay. If we stick together, then I won't have to worry anymore, because then you'll be right beside me."

"Gary, I-"

"No! Sloane, don't talk. I just..." Gary sighed and looked me straight in the eyes. "I care about you, a lot. I can't lose you like I did Bucky or Cupertino. I care about you way more than I did them. If u can't forgive myself for losing them, what makes you think I can forgive myself if I lose you. Sloane, I-" I didn't wait for him to finish. I couldn't. I pulled Gary down by the collar of his shirt and our lips met.

I closed my eyes and held him close for a few seconds. I really wished I could freeze time right then, just so I could savor the moment for as long as possible. I didn't know if I would ever get to kiss Gary again, or if I'd ever even be able to see him again. But, my plan couldn't wait. If Gary wasn't going to let me leave, then I'd have to force him to.

What the man failed to realize is that as he was trying to confess to me, we had moved closer to the open windows. I was currently leaning against one of the aforementioned open windows. I held the kiss for as long as I could manage, my heart bashing against my ribcage in a longing frenzy. And then I let go. Gary didn't seem to register what had happened until I was out the window, one hand on my head and the other at my belt. Gary just stared before he realized I had just fallen out of the window from about five stories up.

"Sloane!" he shrieked. I grit my teeth, and yanked a pokeball off my belt. Tapping it against my chest, I could barely hear over the wind howling by my ears. Arkansas grabbed hold of me and in an instant, I was no longer plummeting to the ground. Instead, I was in front of the Pokemon center. Phase one complete, now for phase two.

I pulled my bike out of my bag and returned Arkansas to his pokeball. Then I let out a sharp whistle. Several police's heads turned my way.

"Looking for me?" I called, then pulled off my hat. My long brown hair quickly came out of its bun and tumbled down to my waist. A breeze gently picked up the locks and blew them like a cape behind me. There were a few tense seconds before both parties reacted. Mounted on my bike, I pushed off on the peddles and shout out to the route I had trained on earlier when I had first arrived in Lavender Town. The police were right behind me, their cars leaving the city soon after I did. Their growlithes and arcanines were leading them, ensuring they didn't lose me. I knew their was no way I would outrun them or outbike them, but I had to try.

The sky began to cloud over and thunder cracked above. A shiver ran up my spine as it began to pour ran. Had I not been scanning my surroundings, I wouldn't have seen the poliwrath and trainer waving to me nearby. I quickly veered over to the ditch they were in and took cover. Without a word, I was led into what appeared to be an underground path.

Lights flickered on as I entered the tunnel and I immediately noticed the trainer beside me was a biker. He didn't make eye contact with me as we walked side by side down a flight of stairs where the rest of the gang appeared to be waiting. I froze and immediately began to wish I was back up on land.

"So you're the infamous Sloane Jackson," a female voice echoed down the tunnel. My eyes zoomed in to a woman dressed in all leather and high heels. She had long blonde hair, to her mid back, with multicolored streaks throughout. Given the way the men were looking at her, I'd guess she was the leader of this gang.

"I am," I replied softly. The woman smiled and held open her arms to me.

"No need to be afraid, we are on your side. We saw you training here earlier this week and immediately recognized you by the outfit. We knew the police would most likely show up sooner or later, so I made the decision to aid you, and your little friend."

"You mean Gary?" I asked, my lips tingling as his name passed with my breath. I could still feel his lips on mine and my chest filled with a new sort of longing. It wasn't like before, where I had been admiring him in silence. He had admitted, although not straight out, that he felt the same way. He actually liked me! And we had kissed! My thoughts began to race a thousand miles a minute, so much so that I almost missed what the female biker was saying to me.

"Yes, him. Though, from the expression on your face, I'd say he's more than just a friend to you, isn't he?" I bit my lip and felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. The woman laughed and licked her lips. "Oh don't be like that. We've all been there at one point or another. Your relationship to him is of no matter to me, other than, if he is your friend, then my gang will also grant protection to him as well." I paused for a second, then took note of the pokeballs on the woman's belt.

"A female biker gang leader…" I breathed out. "You're the leader of the Black Charizards!" The woman smiled and approached me. She stopped in front of me then held out her hand.

"Yes, I am Amelia Silverlead, leader of the Black Charizards. As a person who has been sent into hiding in order to keep her loyal partners by her side, I appreciate what your mission is. My men and I will be willing to do anything in order to aid you in your journey. We have members everywhere who can give you shelter and aid. It will be too dangerous for you to visit Pokemon centers anymore, so we took the liberty of retrieving all your boxed Pokemon. From now on, you can just contact one of us and we will send them back and forth to you. I have also sent members out to retrieve your partner, Gary. They will ensure that he and his Pokemon are all safe as well."

Amelia took me further down the tunnel and, using secret passages through the doors, we ended up in what appeared to be the headquarters for the Black Charizards. Upon inquiring how this place had never been found, Amelia explained that this tunnel had been closed due to maintenance issues for years and that the tunnel for public use opened further along the route. This tunnel was further underground and relatively unknown to all the police in the region since it had been removed from maps long ago. That gave me some reassurance that I would be safe for now. Still, my thoughts continued to wander to Gary. I had faith in the Black Charizards, but my worries were ever constant.

Amelia led me to a back hallway and opened a door for me. She explained that I would spend the night here and then tomorrow they would send me to Celadon City for my next gym badge. She said this badge would be a special case for me, but she said it was late and that I would receive a more in depth explanation tomorrow. For now, I just needed to rest. I didn't really understand what she meant until I sat down on the bed. I was suddenly hit with a wave of exhaustion. I saw a clock beside the bed and rubbed my eyes. It read 9:58 PM. Was it really already after nine at night? I couldn't believe it but the force that made it difficult to keep my eyes open said otherwise.

I took off my cap and set it on the nightstand. I combed my fingers through my hair gently until I no longer felt any tangles in it. Then, I leaned back into the bed. It felt nice, more welcome than I thought a bed could ever feel. I don't remember falling asleep, but when I opened my eyes again, the clock beside me read 10:37 AM. I had slept over twelve hours! I immediately sat up but felt someone's hand on my shoulder stop my ascent.

"I wouldn't sit up so quickly. You just woke up, you might be nauseated if you do." I was really confused and opened my mouth to ask a question but the person, whom I quickly recognized to be Amelia, would not let me speak. "It's nothing for you to worry about, trust me, but during the middle of the night you woke up and were sick. You obviously don't remember but one of the fellow members overheard you and contacted me. We think it must have been something you ate or maybe a bad dream, but either way, we just want to ensure you feel all right before we send you on."

Amelia reached over to the nightstand and picked up a glass of water. She sat me up a little and held the glass to my lips. I drank a little before she pulled it away. Amelia then began to explain the plan for Celadon to me.

"As you know, female trainers are banned from most regions across the world. We're currently the only region with female gym leaders still in place. Sinnoh was the last to fall, but poor Cynthia had to make a tough decision. She's still in power but more of as a figurehead than the champion should be. Word is, they just replaced Misty with Cress, a water gym leader from Unova. They're looking to replace Erika next, but something tells me that they won't be replacing Sabrina anytime soon." Amelia had me take another drink of water then continued her story. "Erika is still the gym leader currently, and she does not want to lose her place in power. She has agreed to give you her badge without any fight, but in exchange, she needs you to investigate something. Erika can't because she's trapped in her gym, protecting the female trainers that came to her for shelter when the law was implemented. If you could look into it for her, Erika would be most grateful."

This update into the situation was most appreciated. I hadn't really kept tabs on the news as of late, for fear of being recognized with my mugshot all over the place. I never realized Misty had been replaced. Could Cress have been the new gym leader the whole time I was training around Cerulean City before heading to Rock Tunnel? It was possible. But this predicament with Erika, it was not something I could ignore. The poor grass type gym leader was sheltering all the female trainers she could from the authorities for as long as she could. It was a noble deed. Of course I would help her by investigating some suspicious activity in her city! It was the least I could do for the brave woman!

"Of course I'll help," I said in a hoarse voice. "Please inform Erika for me that I'll do anything that she requests. Just tell me what needs to be done, and I will do it." Amelia seemed pleased with this answer. She gave me another drink of water then said,

"Good. I'll have one of my members fetch the badge and instructions for you. In the mean time, rest a while longer, then we'll get you dressed in your new disguise."

I ended up doing just that. I slept most of the day away, resting and recuperating from my sudden mysterious illness. The next day they got me dressed in my new disguise. I never knew I looked good in leather. I was dressed in a violet shirt with black jeans. The black jeans had a charizard bedazzled onto the right pocket. I also wore a leather jacket with the Black Charizards' emblem on the back. My hair was, once again, tied into a tight bun and hidden under a black leather biker's cap that matched my black leather boots. Then they did my makeup. By the time I came out of it, I barely recognized myself. The makeup made me appear as if I were truly a boy. Amelia explained they'd have to reapply it almost everyday but since they had members all across Kanto, that wasn't a problem. The most painful part of the process, however, was getting my ear pierced. They said it was how fellow members would recognize me as me. In my right ear, I wore a gold stud. All other Black Charizard members wore silver or black studs. The gold stud would signify to them who I was. With my disguise in tact, I left for Celadon.

I had been instructed to head to Erika's gym, that Erika needed to speak with me before I headed out on the mission. I exited the Underground Tunnel just outside of Celadon, caught a Jigglypuff I nicknamed Corey, then headed into the city. I wasn't supposed to meet with the gym leader for a few more hours so I decided to explore the city. It turned out pretty eventful, since I got to sell a bunch of stuff and walk through town without keeping my head down. It was quite nice. I reached Erika's gym about noon. When I stepped inside, the girls inside immediately recognized me and began to praise my efforts. Apparently this was the equivalent of my fan club. One girl even gave me her Eevee, saying I deserved it more than she did. I didn't have the heart to say it would probably sit in the PC for most of the time.

I was escorted to the back of the gym and sat down at a table. Two warm cups of green tea sat on the empty table. I sat down and picked up the cup closest to me. I took a sip and set it back down right as Erika entered. She sat down across from me, took a sip of her own tea, then offered me a smile.

"So you're the famous Sloane Jackson I keep hearing about?"

"Yes ma'am. What is it you need for me to investigate? I am at your service?" Erika took another sip of her tea then sighed.

"The game corner, in town, it has proven to have some suspicious activities going on. Recently I have noticed a lot more members of Team Rocket lurking around the town and I have heard many reports that their base of operations might be the game corner. I would go investigate it myself, but you understand why I can't. That's why I wish for you to go. I'll send one of my fellow trainers with you, to aid you, but otherwise I cannot be of much service to you."

So that's what this was about! I frowned as members of Mt. Moon and the Nugget Bridge came flooding back. Team Rocket was responsible for Clarent and Bruce's deaths. It was time I exacted my revenge on them. Clarent and Bruce would be avenged. It was time I did so.

"I am be honored that you allow me to investigate the Rockets. I will ensure that the Rockets are shut down and removed from your town to the best of my ability. Having one of your aides along would also be very helpful. Thank you for selecting me for this mission."
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-07-2016 at 01:09 AM.
    //// /

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Poison Ninja Destruction-Cleared!
    Time Taken: 6:37

Spoiler:

Party:

Akuma the Nidoking
    Level 36
    Moves: Poison Sting, Surf, Strength, and Seismic Toss

Zeus the Pikachu
    Level 36

Mason the Blastoise
    Level 36

Arkansas the Kadabra
    Level 36
    Moves: Psybeam, Confusion, Recover, and Body Slam

Caliburn the Charizard
    Level 37
    Moves: Fly, Slash, Ember, and Mega Punch

Adonis the Venusaur
    Level 36
    Moves: Tackle, Cut, Razor Leaf, and Vine Whip

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Clarent the Spearow

Bruce the Pidgey

PC:
    Spoiler:

Sire the Magikarp
    Level 5

Anthony the Rattata
    Level 15

Sonar the Zubat
    Level 7

Silver the Spearow
    Level 8

Outrage the Mankey
    Level 9

Demeter the Oddish
    Level 12

Parkinson the Pidgey
    Level 17

Squeaker the Diglett
    Level 18

Exxon the Magnemite
    Level 20

Obsidian the Geodude
    Level 16

Hannah the Jigglypuff
    Level 24

Corey the Jigglypuff
    Level 19

Nike the Eevee
    Level 25

Rocketeer the Raticate
    Level 25

JackieChan the Hitmonchan
    Level 30

Xanthe the Cubone
    Level 20

Hypnos the Snorlax
    Level 30

Kas the Doduo
    Level 27

Thomson the Doduo
    Level 24

Grucif the Goldeen
    Level 10

Mommy the Kangeskhan
    Level 28

Bella the Bellsprout
    Level 26

Othello the Bellsprout
    Level 26

Persephone the Oddish
    Level 25

Pastel the Butterfree
    Level 23

Daycare:
    Spoiler:

Papillion the Nidorina
    Level 19+

Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 6 Event Log:
    -Spend all money in game corner
    -take down rocket base
    -beat Giovanni
    -get Silph Scope
    -catch Rocketeer the Raticate (level 25)
    -get HM Fly
    -get access to Saffron City
    -challenge dojo
    -get JackieChan the Hitmonchan (level 30)
    -return to Pokemon Tower
    -catch Xanthe the Cubone (level 20)
    -put Marowak to rest
    -rescue Mr. Fuji
    -Got Pokeflute
    -catch Hypnos the Snorlax (level 30)
    -chase off the Snorlax at cycling road
    -Adonis evolves into venusaur on cycling road
    -caught Kas the Doduo (level 27)
    -caught Thomson the Doduo (level 24)
    -got Good Rod
    -caught Grucif the Goldeen (level 10)
    -caught Mommy the Kangeskhan (level 28)
    -found gold teeth
    -got HM03
    -returned teeth to Warden
    -got HM05
    -teach Strength and Surf to Akuma
    -caught Bella the Bellsprout (level 26)
    -caught Othello the Bellsprout (level 26)
    -caught Persephone the Oddish (level 25)
    -Mason evolved into Blastoise on Route 15
    -got Super Rod
    -Caliburn evolved into Charizard on Silence Bridge
    -Taught Caliburn Fly
    -challenge the Fuchsia City gym
    -beat Koga
    -20:38

Story Event Log:
    Spoiler:
    "So this your first time breaking and entering?" I adjusted my new hat carefully as I was escorted through Celadon City towards the Game Corner. I kept rolling Erika's explanation of the situation through my mind as I walked with the trainer she had lent me. I glanced up at this trainer now. She was… a unique character.

"Nah. I stole my first Pokemon," I replied as we walked, gesturing to Zeus's pokeball. "Granted the guy was cool with it but I still broke into his lab in the first place." The girl, she introduced herself as Kiosia Marinosa, began to laugh and hit me on the back.

"Oh wow! Now that's a story. So that's how the infamous rebel got her start? She stole her first Pokemon. Wow. Oh man, reminds me of how I met my first mate." I gave Kiosia a confused look. "What?" she replied, "I'm a sailor, pirate probably fits it better. I'm the captain of the ship. He's my first mate. That's how this works."

"Why a pirate though?" I asked. Kiosia nodded and shrugged.

"Fair question. Long story short I was a member of Team Aqua before they disbanded. This bandanna is actually the Aqua bandanna just tied so you can't see the emblem. The whole pirate thing was just really appealing and I didn't see any reason to leave it behind, so I didn't." Kiosia smirked at me and then winked. "Stick with what you like and ditch what you don't. That's what runs my life."

With that Kiosia jogged on ahead to the door of the Game Corner. She was an interesting one. Her skin was tanned, like the pirate she claimed to be. She had almost white scars covering her arms and two on her neck. Her eyes were a gleaming blue, filled with mischief and untrustworthiness. She was wearing a somewhat torn blue and white striped shirt with khaki pants and black boots. She was tall, 5'11 if I had to guess, and very lean. I had no doubt this girl was built to outrun or out swim someone if it came to it since I could see the muscles in both her arms and legs. Still, it was curious. She was supposedly an ex-Team Aqua member, but she did not seem like the type to solely specialize in water types. So, what Pokemon did she have on her then?

Kiosia tightened her faded blue bandanna and held open the door of the Game Corner for me. She pressed something against my back and I glanced over my shoulder to see a coin case. I took it and gave her a curious look.

"What? Might as well gamble a little while you're here." I narrowed my eyes at her in return. She held up her hands in surrender and made her way over to a nearby machine. "Suit yourself, I'm playing the slots." Well, now she was useless. With that playing out as it did, I decided to put my luck to the test by exploring the Game Corner for clues. I kept finding coins on the floor and after a good hour of searching I decided, you know what? Screw it, I'm playing so slots. The next thing I knew I felt a hand on my shoulder. I managed to tear my eyes away from the slot to see it was Kiosia with a very concerned look on her face.

"Hey," she said, glancing between my face and the slot machine, "thought you said you weren't going to play." I sighed and threw my hands up in the air.

"I got bored after searching for an hour and said I'd at least try the game. How long have I been at it? Fifteen, maybe twenty minutes?" Kiosia bit her lip for a second then said,

"Three hours."

"What!"

"That I was watching."

"You mean I've been playing this thing for over three hours!" I nearly shouted. Kiosia tightened her grip on my shoulder.

"Lower your voice. Yeah, that is what I'm saying. Rather addictive little things these guys are. So how much money you got left? Shouldn't be all that bad given the huge pile you've got going on there." I glanced at the screen. Yeah, I had over 2000 coins at this point. I picked up my wallet, which felt strangely light, and opened it. A moth flew out. Kiosia winced. "Oh." Oh is right. I glanced inside my wallet and saw a whopping 88 poke in there. Great. I couldn't buy anything with that amount of money!

"Oh lovely. I spent all my money. I can get it back right?" Kiosia let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of her head.

"If we were in Hoenn, I could swing it for you, but in Kanto? Not a shot. They've got special laws that prevent gambling coin to payable currency transactions. Pretty much unless you're planing to buy a TM or Pokemon next door, those coins you just spent three hours earning are useless."

"Well that's great," I muttered. "How can you stand this stuff?"

"Oh I'm actually pretty good at the slots. I always end up winning prizes and they don't discriminate despite the laws and whatever. So I just won myself a new Porygon."

"Wait, what? How did you do that?"

"I used my lucky machine," Kiosia said, gesturing to the slot machine next to one that was out of order.

"What makes it so special?" I asked. It looked like any other machine to me.

"I punch it when the staff aren't looking and it gives me an automatic jackpot." I gave Kiosia my best "are you serious" look but she just smirked and winked at me again. "You gotta to play to win, baby!" Dear Arceus, someone please just kill me now and save me from this crazy lady!

"So, are you going to leave me alone to further waste myself into debt or was the only purpose to your interruption to rub your cheating success in my face?" I asked with a flat voice. Kiosia seemed to take note that I was no longer really in the mood for her antics and gave me a short shrug of her shoulders.

"I mean, we do still have the mission to carry out, unless you think your one hour inspection of the place is enough to clear the Game Corner of suspicion. I don't personally but that's really up to you since you're the boss here."

"What have you seen that would possibly make you think my decision is incorrect?" Kiosia merely pointed to my right (her left). I followed her finger and saw, right by the coin counter, almost in the darkness and hidden relatively well to anyone to glancing by, there was a man in an all black uniform, standing next to a poster. He was a smoking and if I squinted, I could seen the slight red tint where his R had been painted over. Indeed this did draw much suspicion.

"Should we go interrogate him?"

"That would be my suggestion, but, again, it's up to you." I turned back to the machine and had it deposit all my coins into my new coin case, then placed the case in my bag. Shouldering it, I stood up and walked with Kiosia over to the man. He barely looked up at us as we approached.

"What's your concern, laddies?" he asked in a very heavy Johto accent that caused him to slur the word "laddies" somewhat due to the pronunciation differences between Kanto and Johto.

"Oh, nothing much," Kiosia answered, leaning up against the wall next to the man. She delicately placed her fingers on his arm. "I just saw a tall, dark, and handsome over here and had my escort bring me over here to see if you were interested." The man quickly glanced at me. I nodded my head slightly, trying to appear as the escort Kiosia had said I was. The man looked back to Kiosia and smiled.

"Depends on who is interested," he answered cryptically.

"An ex-Aqua member, looking for some more trouble." Kiosia made sure to draw out the word "trouble" to accentuate its importance, I noticed.

"Oh, well why didn't you say so? We, Rockets, are always looking for more trouble makers." The man scanned over the Game Corner then slipped his hand under the poster. I heard a click and presumed he had either pushed a button or flipped a switch. Suddenly, the panel at the end of the wall, out of view of anyone except those manning the coin desk and the three of us by the poster, shuddered and slid down, revealing a stairway. "Follow me," the Rocket said.

Kiosia and I were led down the stairs and into what appeared to be a Rocket base. It was fairly empty in the hallway we were currently in, and Kiosia took advantage of that. She was currently all over him, like a very interested woman, and before he could realize his mistake, the man had taken a hand stab to the throat. He collapsed and Kiosia kicked him in the temple, not too hard but enough to render him unconscious. She dusted off her hands, picked up the body, and hit it behind a nearby potted plant. When Kiosia was finished, she noticed me giving her a very confused and concerned look.

"What? I told you, I worked for Team Aqua. I know how to manipulate and subsequently dispose of people. It's a great source of income, especially if you're a freelance agent. Now, come on, we've entered the base and I want to see what's inside."

Well she had no arguments from me there. We ventured further into the base and for the most part it was relatively unpopulated, until we exited the hallway and, like the idiots we were for not thinking to possible even attempt to be stealthy, were immediately spotted. Long story short, we did a lot of battling as we ventured through the base. I didn't get to see much of Kiosia's team, but other than the Porygon that I already knew she had, Kiosia also used a Crobat and an Octillery. I saw a total of six pokeballs on her belt and assuming three of them were the aforementioned Pokemon, that left three Pokemon of hers that I still didn't know what they were. The Crobat seemed to be her main partner, as after she sent it out, she kept it outside its pokeball and it perched on her shoulder much like a Chatot would with the pirates in movies.

It took many battles, many traps, and many stairs (many agonizing stairs), but finally, Kiosia and I had the lift key to activate the elevator. My Pokemon were tired, no doubt, but still healthy enough to last a few more battles. Kiosia and I entered the elevator, passing each floor to ensure we hadn't missed anything, before descending to the final floor.

The elevator let out a quiet ding and then the doors slid open with a low hiss. The hallway ahead of Kiosia and I was dimly lit, but not enough for me to see very well. I started to step forward when Kiosia stopped me by holding her arm out in front of my chest. I looked up at her curiously. Kiosia's Crobat had its eyes closed, its ears twitching back and forth as it listened. Kiosia reached down slowly and unclipped a pokeball from her belt. She opened it and an electrode appeared in the hallway in front of us. Suddenly all my nerves stood on end. It wasn't anything that the electrode or Kiosia did, but the sight of a voltorb or electrode always makes me… uneasy. They are the source of many terrorist attacks around the world since they are very prone to explosion, especially when angry. I know, I know, call me stereotypical, but they just put me on edge.

Footsteps approached quickly as the lights suddenly came up. This was followed by collective gasping and a tense air. I guess I'm not the only one unsettled by one of these guys.

"Electrode!" Kiosia's Electrode sparked, electricity crackling across its surface. Kiosia crossed her arms, smirking the whole time, and stepped out of the elevator.

"Ahoy, mateys!" I almost didn't recognize Kiosia's voice and it took me a second to register that her accent was different. Prior to now, Kiosia had been speaking using the Kanto dialect and accent, something about making it easier for me to understand her. Now, however, it was quite obvious this was a Hoenn accent, given the more guttural vowel sounds and the drawn out s at the end of "mateys". "I see you've found my partner, Electrode. Lucky you! He hasn't gotten to play yet! So, which one of you will be the lucky grunt to face my electrode? Go on, Electrode, choose the grunt you want to battle." Kiosia's Electrode began to roll around, getting very close to the grunts, causing many of them to jump and I even heard a few screams. Kiosia leaned back into the elevator and said, in a Kanto accent, "Now's your chance! I see an office straight down the hall. Head that way. I'll meet you when I finish up here."

I nodded my thanks to Kiosia and ducked out of the elevator. Somehow I made it out and down the hallway unseen, Kiosia's Electrode still keeping up the distraction. I kept my footsteps light, only touching the floor with the balls of my feet as I approached the cracked door at the end of the hall. A little light was seeping out of the doorway, I noticed as I neared the door. I leaned over to peek in when a bored male voice said,

"I know you're there. I can see you on the camera. Come on in." So much for the element of surprise. I pushed the door open and stepped in carefully, earning a sigh from the man. "It's not trapped or anything just come in." Well, couldn't argue with that logic. I stepped inside and looked around. It literally was just like the CEO of a corporation's office. He had paintings, pictures, a book shelf, a desk, a rug, some chairs, the whole nine yards. It was quaint, except that this was inside a Team Rocket base, which unnerved me a little.

"So you've come to stop Team Rocket, have you?" The man's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah! And I'd like to know who just might try and stop me." I crossed my arms across my chest, stood up a little straighter, and held my head a little higher. It was time to face… someone and I wasn't going to be intimidated by them! No sir! They were going to be intimidated by me!

The large red chair behind the desk that had its back facing me slowly spun around to reveal a large Asian man. His hair was black and short cut, and his skin was slightly tan. His eyes were also black, but had a look in them that could pierce the soul. His hands were folded in his lap, and he wore a business suit of all black, with a small red R on the front Pokemon. He looked at me with a straight, bored face, before a conniving smile broke past his lips.

"A child," he said quietly, a chuckle in his voice. "They sent a child after me?" The man began to laugh, his hands lifted to his chest as he leaned back in his chair. His laughter echoed around the room and I had the feeling I was supposed to laugh to, but I didn't find his joke very funny. There are three things that you do NOT do in my presence: 1) insult my height, 2) insult my Pokemon, and 3) call me a kid.

I slammed my hands down on the man's desk, hard enough to crack the wood the desk was made of, and bared my teeth like an animal at the man. The man's laughter died out as soon as my hands hit his desk.

"What did you just call me?" I growled out, seething from head to two with anger. "I am no kid, old man!" The man watched me with those piercing black eyes of his and sighed.

"You know, for trying to prove that you have maturity, you are only emphasizing my point about your being a child."

"I am not a child!" I snarled. "And my getting upset over the wrong terminology being used in reference to my age and maturity level is plenty reason for me to get upset, without emphasizing your point,sir." The man snorted a little and stood up.

"My name is Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket. I see that you have come to stop me. So be it. We will settle this quickly." He reached behind his back and I flinched, prepared for a gun or something of malicious. Instead, out came a pokeball. A door slid open in the side of the man's office. "Follow me." I followed Giovanni through the opening to reveal a large battlefield. Giovanni walked across the battlefield to the right side and gestured for me go to the left. I jogged down to the trainer's box and heard a pokeball crack open. I turned around to see a Persian on the battlefield. I unclipped a pokeball from my belt and threw it high in the air. The pokeball cracked open and Akuma crashed to the ground with a loud battle cry.

Persian charged forward with blinding speed and landed a scratch across Akuma's face. The Nidoking retaliated immediately, hitting the Persian with a close quarters Thrash attack. Persian was sent flying across the field and tumbled through the dirt. Akuma charged and hit Persian again, then a third time. Persian didn't even stand a chance. It was down by the third hit. Both Giovanni and I switched out our Pokemon after that.

Next out was Giovanni's Onix. I sent out Mason to take this guy. Mason launched a cannon of bubbles at the Onix, but it missed as the Onix twisted out of the way then released an ear splitting screech. Mason curled down his ears and placed his hands over them. While the wartortle was distracted, Onix wrapped Mason in a bind attack.

"Mason!" The wartortle released his ears and looked over to me. "Use bubble beam! Close up style!" Mason turned his head to the Onix and release the myriad of bubbles before the Onix knew what was happening. The Onix released Mason and the turtle dropped to the ground as the rock snake collapsed. Giovanni returned the Onix and sent out a rhyhorn. I decided to keep Mason out.

"Charge, rhyhorn! Horn attack!" Giovanni commanded. Mason ducked into his shell and spun out of the way as the rhyhorn charged. However, the rhyhorn continued his attack, forcing Mason to continually dodge and giving us no openings for attack. Just then, Kiosia dashed in via the side opening. She whistled when she came in and looked over at me.

"Sloane, you're fighting the big guns? Dang, now I wish I hadn't put that grenade by the power cell." That caught both Giovanni and I's attention.

"Wait, what did you-" Giovanni didn't get to finish. A high pitch screech echoed down the hall as we all hit the deck. An explosion rocked the battlefield and some debris from who knows where flew in the hall that Kiosia had come threw. My ears were ringing quite badly and my vision was very blurry, but through all the debris and smoke, I thought I could see Kiosia laughing. Then it hit me that Mason was still out of his Pokemon.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and felt a hot liquid trace down my arm. I would have checked it had I not been wearing long sleeves and currently had much larger concerns at the moment. The entire battlefield was coated in a heavy layer of smoke, but from what I could make out it didn't seem like much debris had come through. I opened my mouth and tried to cry out for Mason, but all that came out was a croak. Well that's unfortunate. Thankfully, it seemed my voice was not necessary as I soon spotted the Wartortle's head popping out of the smoke layer on the floor. Mason returned to my side and I quickly returned him to my pokeball. Suddenly I felt someone lifting me up. It was Kiosia, saying something that was difficult to make out, but it sounded like,

"Come on! This place is gonna blow." I let her pull me to my feet and throw my arm around her shoulders. I opened my mouth to ask her a question when my vision suddenly vaulted forward and darkness consumed my vision.

My head throbbed as a rhythmic beeping suddenly came into existence. I let out a low groan and opened my eyes slowly. The room was very dark, with very little light, natural or otherwise, flooding in. I took a deep breath as the room came into focus. I gagged a little at the smell and immediately knew where I was without another hint. A hospital. I heard a chair grind against the floor to my right and turned my head slightly, sucking in a surprise.

"Gary," I whispered as the man stood up next to the side of my hospital bed.

"Hey, don't move too much." Gary reached down and pushed some of my hair out of my face. "You're fine. Some of the debris from the explosion Kiosia caused resulted in some bad wounds for you. Nothing fatal but the blood loss made you pass out in the hideout. They said you will be fine though and they'll release you by tomorrow at the latest."

"How are you?" I asked, not really caring for my own diagnosis. Gary pulled his chair closer and sat back down. He sighed and looked towards the closed covered windows.

"I've been okay, but I've also been thinking." Uh oh. "I understand if you don't want to talk about this now. However, I want you to hear me out. Back in the tower, things… happened." Gary awkwardly cleared his throat. "I said some things and you did something." He hesitated again then said, "I just… I wanted to let you know those feelings haven't changed and, maybe one day, we can go out for tea or something." I stared at Gary and opened my mouth to respond, ready to profess to him like something out of a cheesy romance novel, when suddenly a wild Kiosia appeared.

"Sloane! You're awake!" Kiosia shot a glare at Gary. "You were supposed to tell us when she woke up." Kiosia leaned back out into the hall and called, "Sloane's awake!" It then occurred to me that this might not be an ordinary hospital. Given the fact that neither Gary nor I had been arrested yet and Kiosia was just yelling down the hallways probably meant this was no ordinary hospital.

Kiosia came over to my bedside and began to tell the story about how she saved my life from the collapsing rocket base but I wasn't really listening. I was just really really tired. I watched as Amelia and a few grunts came in and even Erika, the gym leader, came to check on me. She left the badge for me on the table beside me with all my stuff. Amelia explained apparently this was an off the grid hospital for off the grid people like me.

It was a rather long and boring two days but it felt good when I finally stepped out of that hospital. I never did get to give Gary my answer, but for fair reason. The Black Charizards had to put him under their equivalent of a Witness Protection Program so I wasn't allowed to see him for the time being. As upsetting as that was, I knew it was for the best. My next stop would be back to Lavender Town, solely because of Kiosia. Before I had left the hospital, Kiosia presented me with the Silph Scope, something that can identify ghosts. She had that maybe I could explore the Pokemon Tower and see if the rumors about a Marowak ghost tormenting people were true. Seeing as Snorlax were blocking the only routes I could take to Fuchsia City right now, that sounded like a wonderful idea. But first I was going to explore.

I ended up spending the day exploring the nearby routes. I caught a Raticate and also gained access to Saffron City after bribing the guard with a lemonade. Once inside Saffron, I took note of how many Team Rocket members were around. I ended up challenging the fighting dojo and the master gave me a Hitmonchan as a prize for beating them all. I also ended up finding the HM for Fly on the ground and felt a pang on guilt. I could have taught this to either Bruce or Clarent, were they still alive. However, I guess I would reserve it for Caliburn for when he evolved. I also spent the night there then travelled back to Lavender Town.

Reentering the Pokemon Tower was probably the most difficult thing I had done on my journey up to this point. It was as if I were a demon trying to trespass on sacred ground. It felt wrong and made my skin crawl. The tower also seemed different than before, creepier almost. There were ghosts all around that crept me out at first until I put on the Silph Scope. It was then I realized they weren't ghosts, but Gastly and Haunter. I was about to engage one of them when I felt a tug on my jeans. At my feet stood a small Cubone. She let out a weak cry and sniffled, tears forming in her eyes. I couldn't resist and picked up the Cubone, rocking her in my arms. Eventually the Cubone fell asleep in my arms. Shifting the Cubone slightly, I reached into my bag and picked up a great ball. Tapping it gently against the Cubone, I caught the little girl but immediately sent her back out and continued to carry her in my arms.

I resumed my climb of the tower and by the time I reached the third floor, I knew this place was different than before. The air was riddled with tension, enough to make breathing a task. It was as if I could feel my sins crawling on my back with each step I took to reach the summit. My Pokemon seemed affected my it as well, except for Arkansas. For whatever reason, my Kadabra was fine, resulting in him being my main battler as we climbed Pokemon Tower. There were many channelers inside, many claiming to be possessed and, by the way some of them acted, I believed it. But the whole journey was taking its tole on me nonetheless. It felt as if my soul was slowly being drained from my body. I could go no further once I stepped onto the fifth floor.

Arkansas managed to catch the Cubone (whom I dubbed Xanthe during our journey up) as I collapsed onto the floor. Gravity almost felt stronger here. I physically could not move anymore. I wheezed as I tried to breathe in. I saw Arkansas place Xanthe on the ground and make his way to a nearby channeler. I true to call out to stop him, but my throat failed me. However, Arkansas must have sensed something I didn't, since the channeler turned to me and ran to my side without a battle. Was it possible she was not possessed? I felt the channeler lift me off the ground.

"This way. I've set up a purification sector. It will help you," she whispered in my ear. Well it wasn't like I was in any position to protest. I just relaxed in her arms as she weaves through the tombstones. I aw a glowing white set of tiles before us. The channeler laid me down gently on the tiles and began to chant. I closed my eyes, the light becoming too bright for me to handle. I cringed as the weight on me seemed to increase as she chanted. It was a trap! She was trying to kill me!

I tried to pull up off the white panels but it was like I was stuck to fly paper. I wasn't getting up. I cried out as the weight caused my head to begin to ring and I could feel my body began to tear at the seams. Then, it just stopped. All of it. My nerves were suddenly at ease and the weight had been lifted off my body. I gasped for air and coughed hard as I sucked in a bit too much. The channeler knelt down next to me as I coughed and waited for me to calm down a little before speaking.

"I am glad I set up this purification stage in time. Most mortals are not able to be purified before the atmosphere of the tower reaches them. They become like my sisters." It took me a moment to realize she meant the other channelers. But what did she mean by the atmosphere?

"What atmosphere and how did I not notice it before? I came here once before and went past this floor, but I never felt a thing." This seemed to puzzle the channeler.

"I cannot say for sure, but maybe it is possible that the circumstances with which you entered the tower before are different than what you have now. Or maybe you entered before the spirits became rowdy." Upon receiving my quizzing look, the channeler continued, "A marowak was killed not too long ago by Team Rocket while she was trying to protect her child. Her spirit cannot be at peace until she is sure her child is safe, so she is haunting the tower within she is buried, seeking vengeance. Her presence has caused the other ghosts to become much more prone to attacking as well. I have been working to try and appease her, but she will not approach me." The channeler looked at me with worried eyes and added, "I would like to suggest you go no further, but I cannot stop you." I sat up and sighed a little.

"I must apologize, I have to go on. I have been sent to investigate the tower on the suspicion that the marowak ghost you spoke of might be tormenting people here and, if I was able, I was to try to put her to rest. Your information and kindness are greatly appreciated nonetheless and I hope you will forgive me in having to disregard your warning." With that, I stood up and motioned to Arkansas and Xanthe. The Cubone, now wide awake, followed close behind Arkansas as we travelled across the fifth floor. I began to climb the stairs to the sixth floor when the tense air caused me to hesitate. It felt like all the previous floors except much harsher. Was this the floor the Marowak inhabited?

I continued my struggle up the stairs and received my answer very quickly. Standing in an eerie green glow with eyes that held a haunted red, the Marowak stood in the middle of the sixth floor, preventing anyone from pressing further into the tower. It let out a long cry that caused me to shiver, as it was a sound that did not belong on this side of the grave, but that didn’t stop me from pressing forward.

“Marowak,” I called out, “please stop this! You are making the other ghosts in the tower restless. You are hurting people. You don’t want to hurt people do you?” The Marowak stared at me then held its right arm back behind me. A bone formed in its ghostly palm and was thrown at me like a boomerang. I ducked to dodge but felt pain explode in my shoulder as part of the bonerang collided with my shoulder.

Leave this place!” a raspy voice echoed through the room. I suddenly felt the air be sucked from my lungs as the Marowak appeared before me. “Return to me what is mine!” The Mother Marowak lifted her bone into the air and I lashed out, sweeping my arms at her, but they passed right through the ghost, sending chills through me. I exhaled and could see the white cloud in between myself and the Marowak. Then a psybeam struck the Marowak and sent the ghost tumbling to the side of the room. Arkansas teleported to my side and began to inspect me until the Marowak approached again.

“Kadabra!” Arkansas growled out as he held his spoon out, a threat to the Marowak. The Mother Marowak did not seem phased as she unleashed another bonerang. Arkansas deflected the bone with a confusion and began to try and converse with the ghost, as I had, but it seemed nothing could deter this ghost. The Marowak extended both her hands to her sides and let out another spine tingling cry. Suddenly it was no longer just us in the room, but instead we were now accompanied by many other pokemon, ghost pokemon. No, not ghastly or haunter, but the souls of the dead that had been buried within the tower!

I began to shake uncontrollably as fear rose like bile in my throat. I began to hyperventilate as the ghost approached. Arkansas was doing his best to hold off the ghosts but there were just too many souls to handle for one psychic type. And then, as if things couldn’t get any worse, I saw them. My heart froze dead in my chest because there was no mistaking them as they approached me. Arkansas saw them too, but there was no way he would recognize them. He prepared a psybeam but I held out my hand, which surprised him. I shook my head.

“Don’t hurt them, Bruce and Clarent, they were my friends.” The spearow and pidgey landed at my feet, looking much healthier than I had last seen them, despite the ghostly green aura that surrounded them. I felt warm tears trace down my cheeks and I held out my hand to them. The birds exchanged a look before extending their wings, placing them on my hand. “Bruce, Clarent, I’m so sorry.” The two only smiled at me, as if they had already forgiven me for their deaths so long ago. I scanned the crowd of the souls of the dead and spotted two more familiar faces. At the edge of the crowd stood a rattata and a fearow. “Cupertino and Bucky,” I whispered. Clarent nodded and waved to the two. They approached cautiously, but did not stop once they began to draw near. “Cupertino, Bucky, I know he isn’t here to say it himself, but Gary, he is really upset over his lose of you both. I hope you can find it in yourselves to forgive him. He’s been mourning you for the longest time, and I know it would ease him some if he felt you were no longer mad with him.”

NO!” I turned around to see the female Marowak, even more enraged than before releasing several bonerangs at once. Then I noticed something far more dangerous, Xanthe. The cubone was right in the way of one of the attacks.

“Xanthe, no!” I reacted without a second thought, jumping up from my spot, I jumped on top of the cubone and shielded her with my body. I braced for the impact and took a direct hit to the right side of my torso, then again on my left as the bonerang came back. Xanthe looked up at me with tears in her eyes and let out a short sorrowful cry. “Are you okay?” I asked in a quiet voice, only to receive the same cry again. I picked up Xanthe in my arms and turned to face the Marowak. “Is this what you really want?” The Marowak raised her bone again but hesitated at Xanthe’s cry. Xanthe seemed to be speaking with the Marowak and something Xanthe said got through to her. The Marowak surveyed the scene, observing myself and Xanthe, Clarent, Bruce, Cupertino, Bucky, and the other souls of the dead, then lowered her bone.

I see now the error in my ways. Please forgive me.” With that, the Marowak faded slowly. The souls of the dead soon followed, and I turned just in time to see a glimpse of the four dead giving me one final smile of encouragement, before they too were at peace. Suddenly I was alone again, and it was only then that I realized that I was no longer in pain. It seemed that, just as the Marowak was at peace, the pain and suffering she had caused too was replaced with peace. I sighed, the whole idea of it being overwhelming, but knowing my job was not over yet. I still had one more floor to survey.

I turned to the stairs and began to ascend to the seventh floor. As I approached, I must have appeared to be a ghost or something of the sort, because the two grunts guarding a tied up man began to shriek in terror and fled without a fight. I untied the man, who introduced himself as Mr. Fuji. As thanks for my efforts, Mr. Fuji allowed me to stay the night and gave me his pokeflute.

The following day, I travelled to both locations where Snorlax had been spotted and woke them up, chasing one back to the mountains and catching the other. Thus, I began my trek down cycling road. This was an unwise decision, I soon realized, as this was Spike Muk territory, a rival gang to the Black Charizards. Everyone insisted on battling me the entire time. It was not all for nothing, though, as Adonis evolved into a Venusaur during one of the battles. In addition, while I was cycling down the road, Xanthe (who still was not ready to be without me yet) spotted a few Doduo and even befriended one. I ended up catching her as well and naming her Kas. Kas carried Xanthe the rest of the way down Cycling Road, and I could tell the two were bonding very quickly. If worst came to worst, I could request they stay with me even though I would have over eight pokemon with me, because I really didn’t want to separate them. When I departed from Cycling Road, I ended up catching another Doduo that I nicknamed Thomson and sent him straight to the Black Charizards. Then, finally, I had arrived in Fuchsia City.

My first day was relatively uneventful, other than I spent the whole time gathering information, items, and catching pokemon. I was able to catch a variety of pokemon on that first day, including a goldeen from inside the city, a Kangeskhan in the safari zone, two bellsprouts, and an oddish. I also received many items, including a good rod, a super rod, the HMs for Surf and Strength, and some golden teeth (which I exchanged for the HM for Strength). I ended up teaching Akuma both Surf and Strength. Then it was time to grind. By the time the sun was setting on the day, I had two more fully evolved members of my team, with both Mason and Caliburn having evolved in Blastoise and Charizard. The next morning, I taught Caliburn fly, as well as sent Kas and Xanthe back with the Black Charizards. The two had become inseparable at that point but, otherwise, Xanthe no longer seemed to require me for emotional support. She had a new friend and the two were closer than I think I had ever seen two pokemon be. It was really sweet and I was sad that I wouldn’t have them along for the journey. I could have used that sweet scene everyday.

It took me an entire day to defeat Koga’s gym. While the battle itself was relatively easy, with Caliburn and Arkansas dominating, the maze was extremely difficult. I found myself constantly lost and out of sorts, but finally I reached Koga, and after a rather anticlimatic battle, I received my Soul badge. That left three more gyms for me to challenge, and tomorrow was another day. All I could hope for was that I didn’t have a bad time, and such a thought, as simple as it was, filled me with Determination.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-07-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    //// /

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I can't help but notice that Pastel the Butterfree is never listed in the PC after he/she got boxed. Is it because it's being constantly switched in and out?

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I can't help but notice that Pastel the Butterfree is never listed in the PC after he/she got boxed. Is it because it's being constantly switched in and out?
    Ah, no, that's an error on my part. Thank you for pointing that out.
    //// /