Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NobleJanobii's Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

When Clarent and Bruce died I genuinely felt really sad. Seeing the two of them die in such close proximity probably helped, but it was made all the more poignant when you foreshadowed it with "If anything, I could only hope they died together." It certainly tugged at my heartstrings.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

2. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    When Clarent and Bruce died I genuinely felt really sad. Seeing the two of them die in such close proximity probably helped, but it was made all the more poignant when you foreshadowed it with "If anything, I could only hope they died together." It certainly tugged at my heartstrings.
    Legit because you replied to this thread I spent half and hour reading all the story logs again. Thanks a lot.

Yeah it was awful because that's pretty much how it happened in game. Clarent got hit with a crit and I had Adonis sweep in and take him out. Then Bruce ALSO got crited and I had Adonis finish off that guy's Mankey. I was so upset especially since I'm pretty sure those were my only losses.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Legit because you replied to this thread I spent half and hour reading all the story logs again. Thanks a lot.

Yeah it was awful because that's pretty much how it happened in game. Clarent got hit with a crit and I had Adonis sweep in and take him out. Then Bruce ALSO got crited and I had Adonis finish off that guy's Mankey. I was so upset especially since I'm pretty sure those were my only losses.
    Sorry, sorry... I know I'm usually a bit of a weeper, but like, reading it really made me genuinely sad. :P

Both dying to Crits makes it all the more painful. Especially in Gen I when they were broken beyond belief (but then again, everything in Gen I was broken beyond belief). Dying in the same way makes their shared fate all the more tragic. :'(

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

5. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Sorry, sorry... I know I'm usually a bit of a weeper, but like, reading it really made me genuinely sad. :P

Both dying to Crits makes it all the more painful. Especially in Gen I when they were broken beyond belief (but then again, everything in Gen I was broken beyond belief). Dying in the same way makes their shared fate all the more tragic. :'(
    Yeah I mean there's no going back now. It was just saddening especially since they were my only losses.
    /// /

7. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Wow, the way Blaquaza said how the events of Clarent and Bruce's death...and the way you described it. It's really seriously hit perfectly how it was described. It's easy to build up a sort of bond with these Pokemon in a locke alone. Mainly because the risks are so high in runs like this. To have a team that work so well together, only to lose them "together" hits really hard. To make it so far and fall together.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Wow, the way Blaquaza said how the events of Clarent and Bruce's death...and the way you described it. It's really seriously hit perfectly how it was described. It's easy to build up a sort of bond with these Pokemon in a locke alone. Mainly because the risks are so high in runs like this. To have a team that work so well together, only to lose them "together" hits really hard. To make it so far and fall together.
    Yeah so far the losses i've had in my platinum randomlocke haven't hit as hard but I'm sure they'll get there.
    /// /

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah so far the losses i've had in my platinum randomlocke haven't hit as hard but I'm sure they'll get there.
    It always starts out slow, but it'll get there soon enough.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It always starts out slow, but it'll get there soon enough.
    Yes. Like with Eris in my firered run.
    /// /

Crits are a double edged sword--great when you get them, but not so much if you're on the receiving end.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

13. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Crits are a double edged sword--great when you get them, but not so much if you're on the receiving end.
    Yeah especially in Gen 1!
    /// /