Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shruikan's Blue Communitylocke

Darkness will rise to bring the light.

Shruikan's Blue Communitylocke

Game: Blue
    Optional Clauses: Dupilcate Clause, Nickname Clause, Mew Clause.

Checkpoints:
    Defeat Brock: Achieved in 1:24.
    Defeat Misty: Achieved in 2:11.
    Defeat Lt. Surge: Achieved in 1:00
    Arrive at Lavender Town: Achieved in 1:15?
    Defeat Erika: Achieved in 0:25?
    Defeat Giovanni in Rocket Game Corner: Achieved in 1:57
    Defeat Koga: Achieved in 1:44
    Defeat Giovanni in Silph Co.: Achieved in 1:01
    Defeat Sabrina: Achieved in 0:12
    Defeat Blaine: Achieved in 2:10
    Arrive at Pokemon League
    Defeat Champion Blue/Gary

Total time played: 13:19

Team:

MIDNA lv58
    Peck, Mirror Move, Drill Peck, Fury Attack

MARTH lv34
    Cut, Earthquake, Slash, Dig.

MEDLI lv11
    Gust, Sand-Attack, Fly.

ROBIN lv25
    Tackle, Skull Bash, Double-Edge, Take Down.

CELICA lv53
    Pound, Transform, Mega Punch, Psychic.

LINEBECK lv 15
    Water Gun, Growl, Surf, Strength.

Boxed:

SG.BIRD lv3
    Gust

EST lv 5
    Splash.

FADO lv 19
    Growth, Wrap, Poisonpower, Sleep Powder.

NAVI lv 18
    Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite.

MAKAR lv 24
    Tackle, Disable, Poisonpowder.

KING ZORA lv30
    Headbutt, Amnesia, Rest.

BONGOBONGO lv21
    Lick, Confuse Ray, Night Shade.

CEILA lv12
    Harden, Confusion.

TWINROVA lv26
    Peck, Growl, Fury Attack.

VAATI lv25
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang.

DODONGO lv25
    Horn Attack.

OCTOROK lv10
    Acid Supersonic.

RUTO lv30
    Headbutt, Growl.

SKULL KID lv15
    Tackle, Withdraw.

METROID lv30
    Tackle, Smog.

Daycare:

ZELDA lv3
    Tackle, Tail Whip.

Dead:

LINK lv18
    Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip.

DARUNIA lv9
    Tackle.
    Last edited by Shruikan; 04-23-2016 at 07:45 PM.

GCEA Stats

Banner and Avatar made by Neo Emolga

So, I started up the game. Despite being stored in an old shopping bag and not being played for a decade, the battery was still working. After changing the setting to whatever was fastest, I began a new save. After speeding through Oak waffling about pokemon, I discovered the Shruikan is one letter too long to fit in the name box, so I called my Trainer RAMZA, all caps because everyone else in the world apparently has their capslock stuck, and I didn't want to stand out. I named my rival Delita, cause apparently Pallet Town went throught a Final Fanatasy Tactics craze a decade ago, and then I was off.
    I went straight downstairs, and talked to my mum, who seemed perfectly happy that I was leaving forever. Then I went into the tall grass, and got dragged by an angry guy in a labcoat back to his research facility, where I and another test subject(Delita) were given magical monsters so we could fight them to the death to see who is the best. I picked Bulbasaur, which I named LINK. As I went to leave, Delita challenged me to a battle, cause training is for losers. Apparently, Delita knew what he was doing. I got creamed. Shortest. Nuzlocke. Ever.
    So I played the Song of Time, and reset it back to the beggining. Same names, same starter, different result. I won, though just barely. LINK only had 1HP left when he dealt the final blow. Then I got the hell out of there, and headed up Route 1.
    As soon as I stepped into the grass, I was attacked by a Rattata. I ran for my life, and didn't find anything else on that route. Upon reaching Viridian City, I went to the poke mart, where there was a package for Oak. They apparently assumed for the fact that I was leaving Pallet Town, and showed no signs of haeding back, that I could delive a package to the place I just left much faster than the regular mail, which though true, wasn't exactly what I had in mind. So I did a 180 and returned to Pallet, delivered Oak's back order Official Nintendo Magazines, and Oak gave me some useless gizmo as payment. Then I was back to the Viridian mart and bought some Poke Balls.
    Now normally, I would consider the Rattata my encounter for Route 1, not going for those new fangled rules of it not starting until you have Poke Balls. But since I get points for captures, I made an exeption. I caught SG.BIRD, a Pidgy, then Boxed him, as I am pretending that never happened.
    Heading up to Route 2, I caught a Rattata, which I named ZELDA, since Spirit Tracks Zelda is scared of Rats. I also went into Viridian Forest, where after every wild pokemon avoided me for no apparent reason. I eventually found a pokemon, a Metapod. Great. I caught it and called it CEILA, which was meant to be Ciela, but I messed up the spelling. >_<
    I backtracked to Route 22, and caught a Spearow, which to keep with the theme I called MIDNA, then did some level grinding of Route 1.
    After grinding a few levels for MIDNA, I traveled through Viridian Forest, where loads of kids sit all day, waiting for someone to fall into their trap, so their bugs can kill the unsuspecting traveler's pets. MIDNA creamed them, and went up a few levels. I arrived at Pewter City, then grinded LINK on Route 2 until he learned Vine Whip, cause what good is a hero without a Sword Vine.
    I clobbered Han Solo Brock's minion, but before I fought Brock I realized that I forgot about the Rival battle on Route 22. So I backtracked through the forest, finding three Pikachu's on the way, wishing I could have gotten one of those instead, until I arrived at the spot. Delita showed up, and revealed that his Charmander was, in fact, Deadpool, and so he could regenerate from practically nothing. So MIDNA & LINK creamed Delita, then I went back fight Brock. I expected to win, but Brock didn't even get a hit in. LINK got two Critical Vine Whips, and Brock's Onix missed with it's only move. I pretty much ignored what Brock said, tok a TM for something or other, and went to the Pokemon Center to heal. I'm not sure why, since the only thing lost was two PP for Vine Whip, but whatever.

Checkpoint 1 reached in: 1:24

GCEA Stats

So, with Brock behind me, I headed of twoards Mt. Moon. I fought several trainers who were taking part in the local make-your-catchphrase-a-meme contest. MIDNA beat them all with no effort. When I arrived at the grass, I found a Pidgey. SInce I am pretending SG.BIRD doesn't exist, I caught it and continued the naming sceme by naming it MEDLI. Then I beat up a few kids who were having a picnic.
    I entered Mt.Moon, and caught a Geodude (DARUNIA, leader of the Gorons!(Graveler is actually called Goron in japan too:P)). I met a guy who told me that there were some shady characters in the cave, then attacked me out of nowhere, and I found some stuff lying around on the ground, TMs, Potions, some guy's wallet, etc. Then when I was treasure hunting, I was mugged by a guy in a black uniform and holding a whip. He claimed he was part of the Society of the Evening Star The Iluminati The Galactic Empire Team Rocket, and that they were random criminals, and pretty much could have gotten way more money for less work if they just got a normal job. I grabbed a chunk of moon rock, cause apparently Kanto used to be Termina, and there are still bits of the moon lying around. LINK also treid to evolve, but I stopped him, as he would level up faster unevolved.
    I breezed through the cave, demolishing trainers left right and center, until I was almost at the exit. Then a Iluminati Rocket goon pulled out a Ratticate. It's Hyper Fang did way too much damage to MIDNA, so I swapped her out for LINK, who managed one hit before Hyper Fang Killed him. Not expecting to survive the battle now that my main pokemon was dead, I sent out DARUNIA, just as a last resort. It turns out that with the help of a few potions, DARUNIA had enough defence to weaken Ratticate bit by bit until it's HP was in the red. Unfortunatly, I couldn't switch out for MIDNA, as she was at too low HP, so DARUNIA died as well. MIDNA avenged her fallen comrades, and took out the final grunt with ease.
    Right at the end of the tunnel, there was a wierd guy who had lined up his fossil collection right in the middle of the road, blocking any way of leaving unless the played Dungeons & Dragons with him. That or threatening him with a killer bird. I opted for the latter. Not only did he left me pass, he even gave me one of his fossils, called a Dome Fossil.
    I ran walked, cause ther is a universal no-running law across Kanto, down Route 4, and caught a Sandshrew, which I named MARTH, after the Hero-King of Altea, cause I needed a new Hero to replace LINK. I healed at Cerulean, the did some grinding on Route 4, evolving MIDNA, and getting MARTH to level 17 so he could learn Slash. Then I decided to head north from Cerulean, cause Misty was away traveling the world with some random kid again, so I couldn't battle her yet. Just as I was leaving, Delita showed up, and upon finding that LINK was already dead, tried to kill my other pokemon instead. I think being ignored by his famous Grandad must have had some effect on his mind. His pokemon were beated entirely by MARTH, who proved to be a worthy successor to LINK. Then Delita left to go take over the world or something. Anyway, I headed up Nugget Bridge, where anyone who tries to visit Bill is tested in the art of slaughtering random pokemon, then was given a chunk of gold as a prize. They also attempted to recruit me into the cult of Team Rocket, but since they killed my bulbasaur, I clobbered him as well. I found an Abra in the grass, but couldn't catch it, so no pokemon for this route. Then on the next route I found a Bellsprout, which would do way too much damage for MARTH to weaken, and had too little Defence for MIDNA to weaken, so I couldn't catch it either. I avoided most of the trainers on this route so I could try to get Mew in the future, and arrived at Bill's house. I'd assumed that Bill doesn't like company, what with living in the middle of nowhere and all the bodygaurds along the way, but apparenty he likes showing off his pokemon collection. In his house there was a giant inter-dimentional portal, and there were lots of books with a gold six-fingered handprint on the cover, but no sign of Bill himslef, so I left. On the way out, I saw that somebody had dropped an invitation to a fancy party on a cruise liner, so I picked it up, not wanting it to go to waste.
    When I returned, Misty was back at her gym, so I went in, beat the random trainers, then MIDNA demolished Misty's team as quickly as LINK had Brock's. I got a TM that I can't use yet, and a Badge that let's me use a move I don't have, and makes Pokemon I get in a trade listen to me, dispite not being able to trade pokemon. Then I went and healed my pokemon again.
    Oh yeah, and at some point I beat up a Rocket member to get the TM for Dig that he had just stolen, because as everyone knows, if you steal something from a thief, then it's legaly yours now. Kanto's laws are strange. (I used the TM on MARTH)

Checkpoint 2 reached in: 2:11
    Total time played: 3:35
    Last edited by Shruikan; 03-19-2016 at 08:18 PM.

GCEA Stats

Total Points Tally: 7 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 11 Points!
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

So, I had just defeated Misty. I found that for some reason trees had been allowed to grow right in the middle of the road, and no-one was bothered to cut them down, forcing travellers throught someones house and out a hole in the back wall. Rent must be low in Cerulean City.
    Anyway, I headed down and fencountered a Meowth, but idiot that I am, I had no pokeballs with me, so I have to knock it out instead. After a quick trip back to the Poke Mart, I continued down towards Saffron City.
    When I arrived, the police wouldn't let me in, cause they apparently needed bribing with beverages before the let anyone in. So I took the nearby underground tunnel and arrived near Vermilion City. I went into the grass, and found a Bellsprout, which I accidentally killed. I fought some trainers, but they didn't put up much of a fight.
    When I arrived in Vermilion City, I met a dude who gave me his fishing rod for no apparent reason, maybe it was stolen or a murder weapon or something? Anyway, I used the rod to catch a Magikarp, which was so weak that I actually got it to stay in a pokeball. I named it EST, after the semi-famous Fire Emblem Pegasus rider who starts off weak, but ends up one of the stongest characters. Then I went into digglet's cave and accidentally kill my encounter there too.
    Using the ticket I stole found, I boaded the SS ANNE, but found that the Northwest cruise party was already over, and everyone was preparing to go home to Oregon soon. Some of the remaining guests took offence at my lack of a double-barreled surname, and so set their pets on me. Luckily, MARTH managed to protect me very well, even against the water pokemon that I stuidly had him fight.
    Just as I was about to leave, Delita showed up again. He's alway there wherever I go. It's like he's stalking me. Anyway, he was way underleveled, or was I overleveled? MARTH & MIDNA took him down with a series of OTKOs, MIDNA Learned Mirror Move, and MARTH Evolved. Then the seasick captain of the boat taught MARTH how to cut down trees, cause he must have thought MARTH wanted to become a lumberjack. Why was he even still captain, if he could get seasick?
    So after getting off the boat, I headed to the gym. It had fallen into disrepair, as the only route to and from it had a tree growing in it, and once again, no-one had bothered to cut it down. After MARTH cut me a way in, I found that the whole gym was full of rubbish bins and crazy old army men who still though Kalos and Unova were at war. MARTH clobbered them all, trainers and Leader alike, and I was given a badge and offerend a job in the army.
    This time I didn't even bother to heal after the fight, not a single trainer got in a hit on MARTH in that gym.

Checkpoint 3 reached in: 1:00
    Total time played: 4:35
    Last edited by Shruikan; 04-02-2016 at 07:25 PM.

GCEA Stats

'K, so after beating Surge, I went off and got a bike voucher from an old guy as payment for listening to him talk about pokemon all day. (I can only assume he has never heard of the internet, or he wouldn't need to wait for trainers to come along.) I headed back to Cerulean, and on the way dropped off ZELDA in the daycare. I got my bike, then headed along route whatever, beat loads of trainers, but avoided the grass, since I didn't want to KO my encounter for this route, and none of my pokemon were an appropriate level. TO remedy this, I started switch training CEILA, who evolved into a Butterfree. I arrived at the Rock Tunnel, entered it, and promptly remembered I hadn't got the HM for Flash yet. I backtracked to the Digglet's cave, went though & got the HM05 from Oaks aide, then returned the the Rock Tunnel. Before entering, I went to teach a pokemon Flash, only to discover that none of my pokemon could learn it. I checked my handy walkthough, and found that Voltorb could be found on this route, and I hadn't had an encounter there yet, so I went to try and get one. The fist two pokemon that appeared were both Pidgy, which I already had, but the third was a Voltorb. And then Marth got a Crit and killed it. >_<
    So, walkthrough in hand, I traversed the Rock Tunnel without Flash. I fought loads of Super Nerds, so I can only assume that there was some convention being held in there. I also caught a Zubat, which I named NAVI. I made it to lavender town, but forgot that it was a checkpoint, so didn't check my time >_< From my current time, I'd guess I arrived at around 5:50, so I'll go with that.

Checkpoint 4 reached in: 1:15?
    Total time played: 5:50?

So then I left Lavender town straight away, avoided a few trainers, & the grass on route whatever is left of lavender town, and got to Celadon city. I grabbed an Eevee which I named ROBIN, cause Fire Emblem, and then returned to Route Right-of-Celadon to get my encounter there. I used Robin, who was just the right level, and caught a Bellsprout, named FADO, after that Kokiri in the Ocarina of Time. Next I went to the Gym, and like all the others it fell before the might of MIDNA. It also helped that MIDNA learned Drill Peck after about the second Gym trainer. Erika fell t three OTKOs. And then I came and wrote this post. :P

Checkpoint 5 reached in: 0:25?
    Total time played: 6:15
    (I am allowed to do two checkpoints in one post, right?)

GCEA Stats

An update that isn't at the last minute? What is this madness?! Oh, wait, I only completed one checkpoint, and I have another checkpoint to hit by the deadline. Now it makes sense :P

Anyway, not much to say really. I went and got the HM for fly, taught it to MEDLI, and then used the glitch with the earlier trainers to catch a Mew on route [Insert Number here], (I should really look up what number these routes are before typing these :P) Which I called CELICA. Then I did a lot of Level Grinding, untill CELICA was about lv 28. Then I demolished Team Rocket in their not-so-secret base, only using CELICA for every battle apart from Geovanni, who went down a couple of hits from MARTH.

Checkpoint 6 reached in: 1:57
    Total time played: 8:12

GCEA Stats

So, I went to levender tower next, as I could now see ghosts thanks to the power of science! After beating DELITA, who seemed intent on killing my team for revenge, I discovered that being able to see ghosts ant fight them are two very different things. CELICA couldn't hit them, and MARTH only had Dig, so it was up to MIDNA to take on all the ghosts, which she did pretty well. I also caught a Gastly, which I named after the only named ghost I could think of from the Legend of Zelda; BONGOBONGO. When I reached the top, MIDNA got a rest, and CELICE demolished the grunts, after which an old man gave me a flute. It would have been even more helpful if he'd given me flute lessons as well, but you can't have everything.
    I then went south toward Fusia City. The journey would be best told through montage. But since this is entirely text based, I can't do that, so I'll have to make do.
    I fought lots of trainers. I played the flute to wake up the snorlax. I caught the Snorlax.(Which I named KING ZORA, after the Zora king who just sits there blocking the road) I fought more trainers. I fought a few more trainers. I reached the next route, then I fought even more trainers. I caught a Venonat (MAKAR.) I fought some more trainers. I fought some trainers on motorbikes. I fought some trainers not on mortorbikes. Then I finally arrived at Fushia City. After healing, I had MIDNA take down all the gym trainers, and had CELICA use her newly leared Psychic to destroy Koga.

Checkpoint 7 reached in: 1:44
    Total time played: 9:56

GCEA Stats

Heading back to Celadon, I bought some Fresh Water, and gave one to the gatekeeper to get into Saffron. I gotthe TM for Psychic, which was useless, as CELICA already knew that move, then headed into Silph co. CELICA almost soloed the whole building, with MARTH helping in one battle when CELICA was paralyzed. As my bag was almost full, I began using many items as I found them, giving CELICA all the stat boosters,(And Psychic a PP up) and taught MARTH Earthquake in place of Sand-Attack. I also chucked out the TM for Selfdestruct, for obvious reasons.
    As I neared the top floor, DELITA decided to attack me again. Wanting to save CELICA for Geovanni, I used MIDNA to take him down. MIDNA hardly took any damage until DELITA's Charizard, and even then it took less that Half MIDNA's max HP before it went down. Afterwards a random guy who was watching the battle gave me a Lapras, whcih I named LINEBECK, then I went to the top floor to fight Geovanni.
    He went down as easily as his grunts, with CELICA not only soloing him, but taking no damage in the process, and I was given a master ball by the boss of Silph co. as thanks for helping them.

Checkpoint 8 reached in: 1:01
    Total time played: 10:57
    Points Change:
    Lapras Captured +1?
    Checkpoint Reached +1

EDIT: (I don't think this warrents it's own post, so I'll tag it on here.)
    So, I beat Sabrina. MIDNA almost Soloed the trainers, with MARTH fighting one when MIDNA was confused, then CELICA took out each of Sabrina's Phychic pokemon with a single Mega-Punch, two for her Venomoth.

Checkpoint 9 reached in: 0:12
    Total time played: 11:09
    Checkpoint Reached +1
    Last edited by Shruikan; 04-16-2016 at 03:38 PM.

GCEA Stats

I decided not to let the EXP go to waste, and fought all the rainers on the alternate path between Celadon & Fushia, and caught a few pokemon there: Dodou(TWINROVA) Ratticate(VAATI.) Then I went into the Safari zone and caught a Rhyhorn(DODONGO), and got a HM and some teeth which I could swap for another HM. I taught both HM moves to LINEBECK, and sailed to Cinnabar. And caught a few more pokemon along the way: Tentacool(OCTOROK) Seel(RUTO) Shellder(SKULL KID.) Beat up some trainers. Not much to say really. Caught a Koffing(METROID) in Cinnabar Mansion while getting the gym key. MIDNA soloed everything this time.

Checkpoint 10 reached in: 2:10
    Total time played: 13:19
    Checkpoint Reached +1
    Pokemon Captured x7 +7

GCEA Stats