Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Cool, good to know. I just ordered one from Pokemon Center (along with Pokemon Art Academy and two mini Latios and Latias keychain thingies to use like fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror of my car).

But yeah, I think he'll look better without the dorky glasses. We'll just say mine's wearing contacts instead. :P
    I would, but... Pokemon Center doesn't ship to Australia. T^T And everything else on eBay is priced so high there isn't even a point to purchasing it.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Maybe I'll have to look into the Intern Pikachu more. What do you guys like so much about it? Good to know that the glasses can be removed. That's one thing I didn't like much about it. =3 I hate having to wear glasses.

I'm definitely gonna have to start watching to Pokemon Center more often now.

Also @Neo Emolga let me know what you think of Pokemon Art Academy, or anyone else that has it. Been trying to decide on picking that up or not.
    As someone that wears contacts all the time, yeah, glasses can go take a hike. I look awful with them too. And yeah, I don't think Pikachu looks all that great with them either. :x

And yep, I'll let you know about Pokémon Art Academy, because I was on the fence with that one for a while (it's actually much cheaper at the Pokémon Center than on Amazon!). My art skills are a bit shabby (shading tends to be my nemesis and it looks like this game addresses that), so I'm hoping this actually encourages me and kicks me in the butt to spruce them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

I would, but... Pokemon Center doesn't ship to Australia. T^T And everything else on eBay is priced so high there isn't even a point to purchasing it.
    Meh, that really sucks. I can't say I'd be able to help you either, because I remember trying to ship a package internationally and the shipping charge was astronomical.

Administrator

As someone that wears contacts all the time, yeah, glasses can go take a hike. I look awful with them too. And yeah, I don't think Pikachu looks all that great with them either. :x

And yep, I'll let you know about Pokémon Art Academy, because I was on the fence with that one for a while (it's actually much cheaper at the Pokémon Center than on Amazon!). My art skills are a bit shabby (shading tends to be my nemesis and it looks like this game addresses that), so I'm hoping this actually encourages me and kicks me in the butt to spruce them up.
    Sadly I can't wear contacts. Astigmatism prevents me from ever doing that or LASIK. So hopefully they find a way around those someday so I can have better vision again someday. May end up picking up the Pikachu at this rate now xD

Awesome thanks! Yeah I was debating cause I'm a terrible artist. So shading will make me super confused since I'm not even good at the basic stuff haha. I was debating just to download it on the eShop. Odds are if I ever bought a physical copy I'd play it once then drop it never to see it again. At least with it always on me I would have reason to play again if I'm super bored.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Meh, that really sucks. I can't say I'd be able to help you either, because I remember trying to ship a package internationally and the shipping charge was astronomical.
    And there you see my dilemma! I'd be fine with just purchasing things off the website, but I can't do that. 3: I was looking for one of those Greninja Poke Dolls on eBay, and some idiot listed the price for over $100 (there were no others) when the Pokemon Center website has them for $23! Okay, that would be about $30 here now, but still! ;n;

Senior Administrator

Sadly I can't wear contacts. Astigmatism prevents me from ever doing that or LASIK. So hopefully they find a way around those someday so I can have better vision again someday. May end up picking up the Pikachu at this rate now xD
    Okay, I got my Intern Pikachu today (he's awesome!).

The glasses are really easy to take off and it only took me like two minutes (to tell the truth, the glasses were flimsy and tacky-looking anyway). They're only connected by a single thread in three places: one on each side of his face just under each ear, and then one right on the bridge between his eyes. You can just slide a pair of scissors or an exacto knife right at the thread, snip it, and done, easy money with no visible damage to the Pikachu.

He looks MUCH better without the glasses. See for yourself!

Obligatory Emolga included.

So yeah, if you prefer your Intern Pikachu without glasses, it's a really easy fix. I'd say definitely get one soon, as these are the kinds of things they don't keep for too long.

6. This post has been liked by:

"Obligatory Emolga included". Oh, Neo, you're too funny. Cx

Ah, if I only I was a business man..or a guy. XD They really need to make female versions of these.

Administrator

Okay, I got my Intern Pikachu today (he's awesome!).

The glasses are really easy to take off and it only took me like two minutes (to tell the truth, the glasses were flimsy and tacky-looking anyway). They're only connected by a single thread in three places: one on each side of his face just under each ear, and then one right on the bridge between his eyes. You can just slide a pair of scissors or an exacto knife right at the thread, snip it, and done, easy money with no visible damage to the Pikachu.

He looks MUCH better without the glasses. See for yourself!

Obligatory Emolga included.

So yeah, if you prefer your Intern Pikachu without glasses, it's a really easy fix. I'd say definitely get one soon, as these are the kinds of things they don't keep for too long.
    ooooooo looks really awesome! So just snipping the thread removes it all huh? No super complex stitching involved? Dunno, I may pick it up. *Checks store sees Business Pikachu along with new items.* Huh. Lets see. Well I've never seen that one before, not even in Japan. That or I missed it on the store. An artist Pikachu. Either way I think I may wait on the next monthly Pika and see what it drops. I like the business Pikachu and all, but I may end up waitint on this one.

Ah, if I only I was a business man..or a guy. XD They really need to make female versions of these.
    They do though! Though, they are a bit more uncommon. They do have a new monthly Pika plush collectible line now (male and female). It's a pair Pikachu along with basic monthly Pikachu plushes as well. So double (or triple) the Pikachu each month now!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Being a goof is what I do best!

I agree, a business professional female Pikachu would be cool. Dress for success!

ooooooo looks really awesome! So just snipping the thread removes it all huh? No super complex stitching involved? Dunno, I may pick it up. *Checks store sees Business Pikachu along with new items.* Huh. Lets see. Well I've never seen that one before, not even in Japan. That or I missed it on the store. An artist Pikachu. Either way I think I may wait on the next monthly Pika and see what it drops. I like the business Pikachu and all, but I may end up waitint on this one.
    Yeah, no crazy stitching, glue, or any of that junk (yeah, I was VERY glad there wasn't any glue, because that would have been much tougher to try and remove). But yeah, business Pikachu is cute, cool, and makes for a great addition to any cubicle. :D

Being a goof is what I do best!

I agree, a business professional female Pikachu would be cool. Dress for success!
    XD Totally! Except I need a crazy, artistic female Pikachu with red hair. :p Well maybe minus the red hair, but something artistic would be cool.

Administrator

XD Totally! Except I need a crazy, artistic female Pikachu with red hair. :p Well maybe minus the red hair, but something artistic would be cool.
    Well it's not a female, but there is a male Pikachu with the typical artist shirt on, the brush, and one of those red artist style hats (I forget what it's called). Maybe force the tail to bend and make it female? xD

The time is upon us...