Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I have now got 4 months or so of summer break from uni so I have so much free time on my hands so hopefully I will be able to post a lot more on here from now on an in the forum in general. I'm currently working on a drawing of BotW Link and I want to do more low poly art. For now, here Is some low poly art of Freddy Fazbear from FNAF.
    Spoiler:

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

2. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow looks nice Coru! That's awesome you have some free time now! :D Hopefully you can join in our summer event PXFIRE once it starts!

I also love your new banner!!!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow looks nice Coru! That's awesome you have some free time now! :D Hopefully you can join in our summer event PXFIRE once it starts!

I also love your new banner!!!
    Thanks! Yeah, I'd love to take part. It would be interesting to enter this year rather than judging, see if I can catch up with all the great artists we have on here. haha.

My banner turned out really good actually. My graphics course has made me a lot better at using photoshop so I was experimenting with what I taught myself. I need to practise more until it is perfected but I really like it.

Practising photoshop by creating real life Pokemon. I started out, obviously, by doing Pikachu. I intend to do more and start from the animal it is based off and try to create the real life version by using Photoshop to change the physical features. I think this went very well, but the tail needs a bit of work. The ears went very well I think.
    Original image
    Spoiler:

Which do you think I should do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    Practising photoshop by creating real life Pokemon. I started out, obviously, by doing Pikachu. I intend to do more and start from the animal it is based off and try to create the real life version by using Photoshop to change the physical features. I think this went very well, but the tail needs a bit of work. The ears went very well I think.
    Original image
    Spoiler:

Which do you think I should do next.
    This is a pretty solid pikachu. Ive looked through a lot of the real life pokemon art and this belongs with the best of em!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

7. This post has been liked by:

Coru 

You guys have probably already seen this but I decided to post it here too. Here's my entry for the first week of PXFire.
    Spoiler:

quite happy with it to be fair. first tie doing watercolours so amazed how well I did. The blob is meant to be zorua, don't know how clear it is.
    Not really sure what other art to do at the moment, sort of having a bit of a block.

On another note, I finally got a gallery banner. Take a look at my first post. :)

9. This post has been liked by:

Another piece of art to go up on here. This is again another drawing of my OC, Kelisa. I was really unhappy with the last drawing i did because the style was just bothering me, so I've gone back to a more cartoony style which I think works much better. I've also found some photoshop brushes that work well for shading so that's sorted too.
    Here it is.
    Spoiler:

Here's also the updated progression timeline. Which 2017 style do you prefer? April or September
    Spoiler:

I might stick to both and develop them then have a branch out so I will have two styles i can choose from, a more playful cartoony style and a more to-the-point realistic style.

So, i'm back with more stuff. This is some work from uni that I had to submit before I finished for Christmas break. I'll post it in 3 stages so you can see the development of it. I was given a street to study and I had to come up with some form of design work. It could be anything at all. A book, a poster, a piece of graffiti etc. So I did a study of my road, spent an hour or so walking round it, collecting as much typography from the street as possible. All words from anywhere and then went and looked at the buildings. On my street I had my city's Grand Theatre so I wanted to do something to do with that, so I researched into it and found out that it had 3 ghosts haunting it. I researched them and got as much info as i could. Then i created a set of three theatre posters. Here they are.

I have three main stages to my posters. The main focus is the ghost. I wanted it to be a silhouette and wispy and thought, what better way than to do watercolour, so I did a watercolour base for all of my ghosts. I then went into photoshop and overlaid all of the words I found on my street onto the watercolour. It's a very subtle detail but it enhances the design a lot. A final touch was I added a faint blurry face into it to make them more human and ghost like. When this was done, I got to work on the poster layout. Each has a different genre, i wonder if any of you can guess them.

Jenny:
    Watercolour base
    Spoiler:

Text and face manipulation
    Spoiler:

Poster
    Spoiler:

Dorothy:
    Watercolour base
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Poster
    Spoiler:

Adelina:
    Watercolour base
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Poster
    Spoiler:

I have loads more design work that I'm proud of but it's a lot more graphic design orientated so some would find it quite boring, such as book designs and layouts and branding (stuff like logos, and in the case of my project, van designs and take out cups etc.) and i'd rather not post everything because of the possibility of plagiarism and stuff.

Hi all. It's been a while! Haven't been doing much lately but soon I should be on here much more regular. Starting April i'm going to try and stick to doing a drawing a day to develop my skills and create a style. I want to eventually have a table at Comic Village at MCM Comic Con (For people who don't know, MCM is a UK company that hosts the mainstream comic cons over here and they all have a Comic Village where artists can rent tables and sell their art) So to do that I need to work on my art. I also have an idea for a comic, I'd love to do a comic and I really love this idea for a story. If I end up doing it, which won't be for a good while as I need to get better with drawing and find a style, I might put snippets of it on here every now and then.
    Here's the idea for the plot at the moment. It's still in draft stages right now but I've had this story idea for years so it isn't too bad.

Plot: Based around an 18 year old called Kelisa, or Kelly as her friends call her. Kelly is an 18 year old girl that hides a secret. When she was an infant, she lost her parents in a home invasion. A stranger came in and murdered her parents and attempted to murder her, they took nothing so no-one knows exactly what happened that night. All they know is she somehow survived however now sports a large scar across her left eye. Now at 18, she tries to live as normal of a life as she can. However, she is not normal. She is a 'novis'. A mutated human with unhuman powers. She is able to read and communicate through minds as if she were using a phone and able to influence others into doing what she wishes. Now living with an elderly couple who took her in she tries to pretend she is normal, but one day after high school, she returns to find them dead and she is suddenly is on the run from a cult-like group. Could these be the people who killed her parents, and what do they want with her? Does her new mysterious friend Finn have anything to do with it?

Here's the main character. You guys would have seen her already if you've seen some of my previous work. I was trying to colour with watercolour instead of digital art and i think i prefer doing this, it's more fun, so hopefully this will be my way of working with art from now on. Gonna need to improve and clean it up and work on my style (mainly the hair) but a good starting point.
    Sorry the image is a bit rubbish. haha

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I love watercolours! Your ghosts are amazing Coru! I love Dorothy the most. :) You're really great at the faces too!

Kelly looks really cool. I like the watercolour style :) The comic sounds really interesting. Comics look like a lot of fun (and work!). I would love to see one from you!
    GCEA

14. This post has been liked by:

Coru